Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What DermaRoller Length & Cream 4 Body Scars/ Pigmentati
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
So after reading the amazing posts on DermaRoller on the EDS forums, I want to purchase one the Jack at One-Stop discounted dermarollers.

My question though is what length should I get and what is the best skin/ scar lightening product?

I'm not really interested in using the device on my face (really scary!) but want to try it in conjunction with a lightening cream on my body scars and pigmentation issues.

On my body the scars aren't really either hyper or hypotropic just flat and very dark and red.

Since I'll be using the dermaroller only on my body, I was thinking I should go for a longer length needle? Would the 1.5 be a good choice? or should I go longer or shorter? Any advice on a really good product to use in conjuction with the dermaroller for my body scars?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
You will want to go with a 1.5 or 2.0...you need the longer needles to break out the scar tissue bundles.

As the dermaroller thread states, you need Vit A (Retin A), a Vit C product, and often copper peptides for scar and pigmentation removal (Skin Biology Super Cop 2x is best for body scars).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
You will want to go with a 1.5 or 2.0...you need the longer needles to break out the scar tissue bundles.

As the dermaroller thread states, you need Vit A (Retin A), a Vit C product, and often copper peptides for scar and pigmentation removal (Skin Biology Super Cop 2x is best for body scars).

Thanks for the reply! I think I may just go for the 2.0 roller then. But just a question, so I need all 3 of the products you listed though? I need a Vit A, Copper AND Vit C products to use all at the same time or I just choose one?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
EZultrasound, have you checked out this thread? Lots of good articles/info that Bethany put together for all to read.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
EZultrasound, have you checked out this thread? Lots of good articles/info that Bethany put together for all to read.

Wow, thank you so much! I didn't see this. I was really overwhelmed with the 75+ page dermarolling thread. Your link should be more manageable to sift through - thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I think I may just go for the 2.0 roller then. But just a question, so I need all 3 of the products you listed though? I need a Vit A, Copper AND Vit C products to use all at the same time or I just choose one?

You really need to read up on how the dermarolling process works. At a miniumm you need high levels of Vit A and Vit C to assist your skin in repairing itself.

Copper petides are optional, but you will need the appropriate disinfectants, and probably need some numbing cream.

This is not like just pricking yourself with some little pins...it is far more involved than that if you want optimal results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, EZ. I know that is one HUGE thread on the dermaroller. I loved how Bethany put all the articles in 1 thread! Good luck and happy reading.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Wow, thank you so much! I didn't see this. I was really overwhelmed with the 75+ page dermarolling thread. Your link should be more manageable to sift through - thanks!

75+ pages is actually insane, lol. But I would suggest reading the last 10 pages just to get an idea of what happens.

And feel free to let us know if you have any more questions! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
EZUltrasound wrote:
bethany wrote:

You really need to read up on how the dermarolling process works. At a miniumm you need high levels of Vit A and Vit C to assist your skin in repairing itself.

Copper petides are optional, but you will need the appropriate disinfectants, and probably need some numbing cream.

This is not like just pricking yourself with some little pins...it is far more involved than that if you want optimal results.

Thanks for the information. I really have been trying to read up on the whole process but there is alot of information. Here is what I have come up with in terms of a dermarolling process:

3 weeks prior to needling:

Apply Environ® Ionzyme C−Quence gel and cream – daily

Prior to body dermarolling treatment:
-thoroughly wash skin & wipe with ethyl alcohol
-apply Topical anaesthetic cream (best topical numbing cream: A cocktail of trentocaine, lidocaine and benzocaine from a compound pharmacy, 4 to 6%) – wait 30 minutes
-needle
-throughly wash & wipe w/ alcohol again afterwards
-wait 1 ˝ weeks before next treatment (or until completely healed)

-I am thinking I may add in the copper peptides after I complete my first 2-3 treatments. Don't want to bombard my skin with too many products at once.

My question now is: Is the Environ Quence Gel a good choice to use? and which strength should I use: Quence 1, 2, 3 or 4? I am tempted to get the 3 or 4 but don't want to cause an adverse reaction (my skin is pretty senstive but again I will only be using the roller on my body)?

Also, can you suggest a topical numbing/ anaesthetic cream? I will not have access to a "compounding pharmacy" so was wondering if there was a good topical product I could purchase or if I could just go without.

Thanks for the help!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would share that I have been rolling my body areas extensively for pigmentation issues (but I don't have any scaring).

I have had brilliant results on my hands and one arm (which was badly sundamaged). These I have been rolling more than 6mths. My chest has had minimal results over the same time period, not sure why.

I have now started treating my upper back and the rest of my arms, but it is too early to see any result.

I use a 1.5mm, cleaned with hot water only (as per manufacturers recs) no numbing cream. On my chest I have occassionally used ice. I find rolling in the shower under quite hot water, works very well.

I have not previously used any topicals on my body, but have now made my own Glucosamine/Nia serum which I am now using.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
I use a 1.5mm, cleaned with hot water only

FYI...this varies by manufacturer. I am not sure who manufactures SQ's roller.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think I may just ice before and maybe after treatments then - I'm not going to bother with trying to make or find a numbing cream.

Would the Environ Ionzyme C−Quence 3 or 4 gel be a good choice to use with the dermaroller?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
I think I may just ice before and maybe after treatments then - I'm not going to bother with trying to make or find a numbing cream.

Would the Environ Ionzyme C−Quence 3 or 4 gel be a good choice to use with the dermaroller?

EZ, if you can tolerate it without a numbing cream, then that is always a better choice.

The Environ EssentiA Oil is what the pros actually use after a medical facial roll, but I think you will find that to be cost prohibitive for larger body areas.

I would recommend starting with Retin A and possibly a DIY ascorbic acid solution for body areas. Hopefully SnowQueen can weigh in on what she uses, though it sounds like she is not doing her stomach.

You might want to search by author and look for posts by Zenity (be sure to select Posts at the bottom of the search page). She rolls her thighs and stomach as well. Catski also rolls her stomach, and has had very good results with stretchmarks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be using the dermaroller really just on my lower legs and thigh scars. I think the Environ EssentiA Oil is within my budget though, so may get that.

How would I go about obtaining the Retin-A though? Don't I need a prescription for retin-a? I looked online at a couple sites, and most need a prescription and then others don't require it for the lower strengths but I would probably want the .1%.

If I could get some retin-a, I'd definitely do the DIY absorbic acid cream if someone had a good "recipe." I actually have a big jar of ascorbic acid (vit c) 1000mg powder.

I'll be sure to look up the posts of the people you mentioned as well. I really appreciate all the help!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
If I could get some retin-a, I'd definitely do the DIY absorbic acid cream if someone had a good "recipe." I actually have a big jar of ascorbic acid (vit c) 1000mg powder.

I'll be sure to look up the posts of the people you mentioned as well. I really appreciate all the help!

You can order Retin A (start wth .05%) from either medsmex.com (mMexico) or aldaychemist.com (India). Here are some tips for each:

Medsmex - There a quite a few rumors of credit card therft, so use the PayPal Plug-in, a one time credit card number if you have a Citibank card, or one of those Visa cards you can purchase at stores.

Alldaychemist - I have been spammed to DEATH ever since ordering from them, so be sure to use a special email address just for spam. You might also want to consider using the same payment methods I mentioned above.

Kassy_A has posted a number of DIY Vit C recipes, so you might want to search for her posts (specify the Skincare Tools and DIY forum).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all your help. I found a great DIY 10% vit. C recipe from Kassy and I have purchased the products from thepersonalformulator.com (a very neat site!)

I'm thinking I'll purchase the Retin-A from AllDayChemist.com but it is soo cheap. Seriously, like $2-3 a tube o.O I'm assuming its not actual "treitonin" but their own version of it. People have still used this and had success with it though?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
I'm thinking I'll purchase the Retin-A from AllDayChemist.com but it is soo cheap. Seriously, like $2-3 a tube o.O I'm assuming its not actual "treitonin" but their own version of it. People have still used this and had success with it though?

The Alldaychemist product is cheap, but their shipping is high (a flat $25/order).

I have some of their generic RA, but haven't used it yet. But others have good results. I do order other regular drugs from them that definitely work though.

However, I have used MedsMex's RA for 8+ years, and it works very well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, great. As long as others have used it with success, I'm willing to try it. The only reason I didn't order from the Mexico site was because you mentioned the credit card fraud. Hope I get the items quickly. thanks agian!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
Okay, great. As long as others have used it with success, I'm willing to try it. The only reason I didn't order from the Mexico site was because you mentioned the credit card fraud. Hope I get the items quickly. thanks agian!!

My ADC orders take about 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |