Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Solutions for Aging Neck Area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
My neck area is now revealing the aging process (am I a turtle?)

I moisturize my neck (but probably not as often as I should.)

I've been told that using retinoids would be effective for this area??

Looking forward to your input, Ladies Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have similar problem. It comes with age. I use Cellcosmet moisturizer and exfoliate on regular basis.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I have been trying to "work" on this area for a couple of years now. I tried Obagi & still have the marks from it - it was way too intense (& I wouldn't call my skin sensitive). Then I tried Tazorac with constant redness & rash-like results. Even with the short term contact method. In the meantime I continued to exfoliate & use whatever I used on my face on my neck & chest. This includes vitamin c and other antioxidants.
Now, with my derms' help, I'm on a low dose over the counter (her brand Neutral ) retinol serum & all is doing great. It's been a little over a month. There is a lot of improvement but I still have a long way to go. Once the bottle that I am currently using is gone, I will move up to a higher percentage and so on until I can tolerate Retin A or Tazorac properly. I am really impatient so this slow moving has been a real test of discipline for me!!
I also periodically go for microdermabrasion & pay extra to have my neck (all the way around - I have short hair), chest & shoulders done. It has helped immensely.
Lastly, for lack of elasticity, I pulled out my old Facial Flex which I didn't have much success with when I purchased it but maybe now is the time to try it again,
Good luck!

P.S. I'm 56 Shock
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have similar problem. It comes with age. I use Cellcosmet moisturizer and exfoliate on regular basis.

Are you finding that Cellcosmet is helping? and what product are you using to exfoliate?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I have been trying to "work" on this area for a couple of years now. I tried Obagi & still have the marks from it - it was way too intense (& I wouldn't call my skin sensitive). Then I tried Tazorac with constant redness & rash-like results. Even with the short term contact method. In the meantime I continued to exfoliate & use whatever I used on my face on my neck & chest. This includes vitamin c and other antioxidants.
Now, with my derms' help, I'm on a low dose over the counter (her brand Neutral ) retinol serum & all is doing great. It's been a little over a month. There is a lot of improvement but I still have a long way to go. Once the bottle that I am currently using is gone, I will move up to a higher percentage and so on until I can tolerate Retin A or Tazorac properly. I am really impatient so this slow moving has been a real test of discipline for me!!
I also periodically go for microdermabrasion & pay extra to have my neck (all the way around - I have short hair), chest & shoulders done. It has helped immensely.
Lastly, for lack of elasticity, I pulled out my old Facial Flex which I didn't have much success with when I purchased it but maybe now is the time to try it again,

Good luck!

P.S. I'm 56 Shock

Hi RuthMarion,

I didn't realize that retinoids could be effective for the neck area,so this I will try. I have a derm appt next month, so will bring this issue up with him at that time. I was hoping to to find a topical product as a regimen rather than spend $$$'s for a "procedure."

ps: I'm 56 also Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
how about neck serum/cream? Jurlique's neck serum has good reputation.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
ladyA wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Are you finding that Cellcosmet is helping? and what product are you using to exfoliate?

Well, exfoliating on regular basis help with your cell turnover, which brings new skin. It can also make your skin worse, so you have to becareful how strong it is or how frequent you use it.

Cellcosmet Ultra Vital is amazing. It makes your skin feel soft and smooth and plumps up your skin. I use Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Cellcosmet facial scrub.
ladyA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

I've not heard of this product - anyone?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
ladyA wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

I've not heard of this product - anyone?

I have used one bottle, since I don't have lots of neck problems, I don't know if they can work on existing wrinkles. EDS used to carry this one but i can't find it on the website now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am using a Dr. Roller dermaroller on my neck. It has successfully removed some lines on my face, but it looks like the neck rings are going to take longer. Sad

5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
This post reminds me of a book called "I Feel Bad About My Neck" by Nora Ephron Smile If you don't mind spending the $$$, you might want to try Kinerase Daily Defense Lotion with SPF 30. This is the only moisturizer + SPF I've tried that really does both. Since you've just started to see the aging process in this area it might also be beneficial for you to apply additional sun protection. My mom is incredibly paranoid about sun damage and always wore a scarf during the day, and she has a lovely neck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure - but maybe a Clarisonic might help with the neck area?
I use the Clarisonic a couple of times a week on the neck/decollete areas (no problems or changes in my skin) - though too often might be too much exfoliation?
Miffny
5% products discount

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I was at my wits end until I stumbled across The Flex Effect system over 1 year ago I had tried microcurrent treatments which did nothing other than waste my $$$, the Flex Effect works I have been flexing for 14 months in conjunction with using Retrieve 0.5% cream (Retinol) from my Dr & Ultraceuticals 23% C cream. My neck is no longer blowing in the wind it is quite firm and the rings are barely visible. I am 46yo & never go outside without a SPF30+.The Retinol has given results I never thought I would ever achieve for such a small price too Very Happy
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
LadyA Jurlique neck serum (and most of their other products) are great quality botanicals which work well-not cheap though.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
It's true that there is proof now that sunscreen helps prevent future damage so don't go without! Look at your friends who spend (& have spent) a lot of time outdoors Shock . While I cooked in the sun (years ago) I didn't even consider sunscreen - I used the iodine in baby oil technique. Some friends have criss/cross lines all over their necks. I have only faint ones like that & am working specifically on them. Some of the younger gals here are worried about the rings but the older that you get you start addressing more than just the rings Sad . I"m going to try my dermaroller on those lines starting this morning. You young'uns can keep reading & learn from our mistakes. Maybe by the time that you are "over 55" we"ll have this all sorted out. Cool
P.S. I also find that posture is important too.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Products that work on your face will also work on your neck. The only difference between the skin above and below the chin, is that the skin on our neck is a bit thinner. I always use the same products on my face and neck. I second RuthMarion's recommendation of a good retinol product and a good sunscreen, and would also add a vitamin C serum, which is to some extent proven to stimulate collagen production.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the neck is a real give-away as to age.
What is working for me is: FlexEffect, Green Cream, SkinCeuticals AOX serum and Devita sunscreen.
Wish I'd worn scarves and turtlenecks more too! HTH
Yes RuthMarion, thanks for the reminder about posture!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |