Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dilute Emu Oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Second.chances

Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
O.K. all you great gals out there. I have read tons of your posts for over a year and finally have a question I can't find the answer to.

My emu oil has gotten so thick it won't pump!!!! I know I know.. heat it (i did read this out here).. but I am already a procrastinator guru and just will forego using a product if it is not super convenient. Does anyone mix anything with it (permanently) to thin it some? I have read that I can mix HA in my palm but I don’t use HA. I must admit that I mixed some hot water in the pump bottle with it and of course that worked instantly but today it is thicker than ever. Did my H2O make things worse?

The only products I use on my face are super cop cp's every other day (over the oil) and my emu. That is it. I even wash with only water or emu oil on my face great makeup remover for eyes). I use perfect complexion products once a month for peels.

Notice that all of this is strictly based on the lovely advice you beautifully young looking ladies have provided!!!! I am so thankful to you. It has taken 10 months but after a horrible experience with fillers 1 1/2 years ago. My skin looks better and younger than when I had it done!! (I looked great but had headaches and pain for months! not worth it).

PS: I add some emu oil to my arthritic cat’s food daily and it will no longer come out without heating. What a pain. I certainly want to only cut this with something digestible for her. Maybe a thinner oil for her?

I am at a loss...please help.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Is it going bad? Emu has a definite shelf life of 12 to 18 months, depending on whether or not it contains a preservative, and if you store it in the fridge to prolong its life.

Keep in mind that emu oil is an oil, so you really want to thin it with another oil (vs. water). I have started mixing mine with HA, but they really don't "mix fully" per se, since HA is not an oil either.

And when you do that, I would only do it with the amount of emu in your hand...don't do the whole bottle at once.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil can solidify in cold weather - I live in a hot climate so I don't have this problem. So don't put it in the fridge because it would go really thick.

Shake it really well before you use it and hold the bottle in the palm of your hand to warm it - perhaps you could store the bottle in a sock to keep it warm!

Sometimes I dilute my emu oil with HA - just in my hand before applying. I don't see why you couldn't mix it with another oil - macadamia oil is quite thin. I've recently ordered some Argan oil, haven't received it yet, but that might be ok too.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that Dr.H/302 disapproves of HA?

bethany wrote:
Is it going bad? Emu has a definite shelf life of 12 to 18 months, depending on whether or not it contains a preservative, and if you store it in the fridge to prolong its life.

Keep in mind that emu oil is an oil, so you really want to thin it with another oil (vs. water). I have started mixing mine with HA, but they really don't "mix fully" per se, since HA is not an oil either.

And when you do that, I would only do it with the amount of emu in your hand...don't do the whole bottle at once.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I thought that Dr.H/302 disapproves of HA?

bethany wrote:

He does. But I am using primarily ZO products right now, and 302 when dermarolling. But don't tell him. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
So, in your opinion, do you think HA is beneficial to skin? Say, when layered over an oil? When I heard that Dr. H believes that HA does something bad to the skin barrier somehow ("wets" the skin barrier) I got confused.

The HA serums at Garden of Wisdom are looking really nice... They just came out with a manuka honey HA serum! It has manuka honey and also manuka tea tree oil in addition to the HA.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/6478020/6354096.htm

bethany wrote:

He does. But I am using primarily ZO products right now, and 302 when dermarolling. But don't tell him. Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |