Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Toby here...Okay these are some pictures of my neck. I really didn't think I needed too much work on my neck so I haven't always treated my neck when I have done my face. I guess I needed glasses now that I see the picures! Laughing My neck is acutally long and thin but looks like a short tree truck here Embarassed Oh well it is a prettier tree truck than before.
ImageImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I really hesitated to be so blunt in my assessment of the STOP, but now that I see so many of you sharing the exact same thing I don't feel so bad..

My next thought is that the only two members I can think of, that have had 'great' results, are Toby and mpstat.

Perhaps the great results are due more to the ProLight LED's (that they both use), and the collagen + skin tightening kicking in, was just coincidental to the STOP treatments..(Haven't you guys been using the LED's for just under a year?)

I have pretty much put my AALS on hold while giving the STOP a fair trial, but I am going back to it 3 times per week now... I know for a fact that the LED was responsible for increasing my collagen + thereby tightening my skin (markedly I might add!). Also, the 8 month mark was when things really kicked in... I'm thinking that is what's now happening for Toby and mpstat as well..

For those of you with $$$ still burning a hole in your pocket, go for an LED if you aren't looking for overnight miracles.

Just my 2 cents ... Smile

Everyday that goes by my face is looking worse than the day before. I don't like this one bit. I think this gadget is a joke. I am stopping right now but will continue on my hands for another week. Waking up in the morning and finding that my face is literally falling is not my idea of fun. I know that there are others who are seeing results but I don't believe it's totally from the STOP. Sorry for being blunt about it but that's how I feel. Anyone wanting to buy the STOP please do as much research as you can before plunking down hundreds of dollars. The STOP IMO is worse than the Nuface because at least you had some time to use it and return it if you didn't like it. I hope and pray that anyone buying this in the future gets fantastic results because I would not like to read a repeat of my story.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I can confirm that Kassy's pics definitely showed a degradation in the appearance of her skin. Sad (sorry Kassy!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. I hope that the other things that you usually do will help your skin go back to normal. Seeing your pictures on the AALS thread totally sold me on the product. I would love look as good as you by the time I'm 40. Please post and let us know if you're getting better and what helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I can confirm that Kassy's pics definitely showed a degradation in the appearance of her skin. Sad (sorry Kassy!)

Toby here....the second of the "3 muskateers" and yes Kassy assessment is correct. My hope is that we can find some answers as to why the Stop device can work so well for some and not for others. Here is to waiting Anxious
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:

Toby here....the second of the "3 muskateers" and yes Kassy assessment is correct. My hope is that we can find some answers as to why the Stop device can work so well for some and not for others. Here is to waiting Anxious
Toby

The third confirmation, and the same question. Why there is such disparity in outcomes.... hmm
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, It's really important that you DID come forward and say something. People should know that there is a risk - maybe they'll get incredible results or on the downside sagging. I think most people want to go in with their eyes wide open. I think it is awful if people sit back and say nothing because some people are getting great results and they feel awkward about "rocking the boat" on a positive thread. Most of us on the board are seeking the TRUTH in what works and what doesn't, so you speaking out was just you giving the TRUTH about how it worked out for you. I hope you and others will continue to do that, no matter who has endorsed a product or how much success someone else may be having. I wasn't having as negative results as you (no sagging) BUT I was looking dehydrated (I guess) and just not looking good. Within about 8 days of stopping, I began to look better. Who knows, if I had continued, maybe eventually I would have gotten sagging, and it just would have taken longer due to being younger than you. I took your story to heart, and have completely stopped since I could see this device was not working out in a positive way for me. Continued risk (both pos/neg) just wasn't worth it to me. Thank you for sharing - never be afraid to say it like it is!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, the only people who would NOT want you to come forward with any negative feedback would be people who have a financial interest in seeing only postive feedback.

And we really don't care what they think anyway...this is a forum for independent feedback, period. No apologies are needed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ya'll!

I have recieved numerous PM's + IM's this week asking to see my before + after STOP pictures.. (Trying to figure out why none of you are posting your requests here in fact..) Anyhoo, for what they are worth here are a couple of pictures that I've shared personally with a few EDS buds. The last picture of my *new* dreaded neck makes it's debut here right now.. Argh!

As far as an update, I would only add that I'm still experiencing a decline, and my jawline and neck get looser by the day.. Perhaps it's from the STOP, or perhaps my 59 years are just catching up overnight.. I'll leave the WTH's to your judgement;

Just before STOP

After 11 STOP treatments

Just before STOP (This has always been my worst side.)

After 11 STOP treatments

And the most recent picture, which made me know enough was enough

These are pictures I'm willing to share with you guys, so you can see what could *possibly* be the detrimental effects of STOP... We all know that nothing works the same for all of us, so please just accept these pictures for what they show, and use your own judgement for what is in your best interest..

Keep in mind that I am the only one (that I know of here) who has had this very negative effect.. A couple of gals have had great results, some are still not sure what the heck is going on, and other's no change one way or the other..

I hope this is useful to all of you, because it was not at all easy to share this very upsetting decline.

Kathy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, just want to send you some cyber solidarity. Like so many others on EDS, I am grateful to you for your knowledge, honesty and willingness to share with others. I am sorry that you have had such a damaging experience with this gadget (apart from the more obvious physical damage, I can imagine it has been emotionally debilitating too) - but, yet again, thank you for your honesty in sharing your results. In spite of what you are going through, your posts throughout this episode are consistently fair-minded and non-emotional.

Hugs to you and good luck as you set out to undo the damage; you seem a lady with both the wherewithal and knowledge to be able to do so.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
41yearsyoung wrote:

I cannot get past one person constantly trying to grab attention to herself,

I am fairly new to EDS but had been lurking for awhile before I registered. Pardon me if a consider this sentence out of line. I know people want to hear a new gadget is the fountain of youth, truth is: change takes discipline, initiative, and courage to experiment.

IMExperience at EDS, Kassy has forwarded objective opinion of her experience (and we all know each of us have particular variables in our personal journey) and provided many DIY formulas (of which I use her Vit C faithfully).

I am thankful for all the great posters who forward, quite freely, their opinions and, on many, MANY occasions, their expertise.Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I cannot believe the histrionics that this device is causing. If you are a member of this Forum you will know that there is endless and ongoing discussion on all types of skin care gadgets and that peoples' responses to these gadgets can vary greatly. All of this makes for interesting reading and provides a basis by which to make an informed decision on whether to purchase or not.

... And I would remind you that this technology is being used widely in salons all over the world. As for the STOP, we only have ONE person that has suffered negative results. I believe everyone else is now becoming freaked out and the element of fear has crept in.

Get a grip everyone - let's have an intelligent discussion about this device - and less of the hysteria. Very Happy

I have to agree with Keliu...I think we have more than adequately discussed Kassy's situation, the return policy, etc. Hopefully we can move forward from here and talk about the results/non-results that others are experiencing with STOP.

I am going to go take a shower, and then pick apart my facial flaws in my magnifying mirror....I'll be back in a bit with all of the juicy details as to if I see any changes that could be related to STOP. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
LuvToSmile, I also wondered if stopping the other devices had anything to do with it also, but I don't think so, because the only thing I've ever used consistently was the LED. In fact there were 7 weeks throughout the holiday time that I only used it 1 or 2 times, and nothing like this happened..(My skin got that tired kind of dull look, but nothing mushy and saggy like I'm experiencing now.)

The only other thing I used a couple of times a week from December throuh mid January was the Tua Viso + some facial massage. I didn't notice anything significant while using it, but I only used it a short time.. Maybe I should add the TV back a couple of times per week, and see it it helps.. Confused

I am hoping that all of this is just coincidental, and the dreaded aging process has just taken over. The good thing (or not so much for me Sad ), is I'm the only one this has happened to. It would be so much worse if this happened to one of you younger girls.

Hopefully I'll get some insight when Colleen replies to my email sometime today. I have asked her to 'please show the Dr my pictures, because I'd appreciate his input' (Great idea Toby, thanks!)

I feel like I am in a very awkward situation, and I'm so sorry that I was responsible for bringing this negativism to the thread... I suppose I could have sat back quietly, not made waves + waited to see if anybody else was having the same experience, but those of you who know me well know I could never do that..

Keliu, I puposely didn't share the photos in the thread because 1. I want to give the STOP folks the benefit of the doubt, and every opportunity to help me rectify the situation I'm in, and 2. It's not fair to confuse our members who are happily using STOP, or even intimidate someone who is planning to buy or use STOP, because it might be just the thing for a great many of you.

Hopoefully I will remain "the one off" as Mishey so eloquently put it.. Embarassed ... Laughing

I really think some of you need a reminder of what exactly "MY" input has been in this thread, because at this point it really is being blown out of proportion.. I'd suggest for those who have time, to read 'all' of my posts which indicate a slow and steady decline.. At the very least, read from page 45..

Here are a few points I'd like to correct, that are being incorrectly posted as fact, or implied as my say so;

1. I was never personally offered a refund, or an opportunity to return this device.. The fact is, I was told by two people (CS) to "continue treatments" + that "nothing is wrong with the device" and also "There isn't a thing wrong with you", etc..

2. I used this device exactly as instructed for a total of 15 treatments, and only used the gel that came with it for treatments.

3. The before pictures I posted were taken just days before I began STOP.. They clearly show a tight, toned jaw and neck with only the faintest 2 neck rings (my idea of looseness, was laughed at by several of you elsewhere!).. The after pictures speak for themselves, and you can all talk to death about hokus pokus with whatever it is you can do to alter pictures, but I assure you that I HAVE NEVER, EVER DONE ANYTHING TO ENHANCE OR OTHERWISE, ANY PICTURE I EVER POSTED. And frankly, I'm disgusted that I'm being put in this position of defending myself once again.. I can assure you all, it is the last time.

4. I look at the STOP experience as being just one more thing that hasn't worked, and has additionally caused me harm.. Also on the list is the "Cupping" devices.. And as Kelui mentioned, my first experience with Derm Wand was a disaster. It would have been nice though if she followed that up with the post saying "I was too over zealous with intensity and frequency, and it sorted itself out quite nicely once I figured that out."

5. As for lawyers, lawsuits etc... Laughing Laughing Laughing I never suggested such a thing, and take full responsibility for continuing with this piece of junk after I saw the first sign of damage under my eyes.. That was my bad, and now here you all have it in writing..

And finally, to 41yearsyoung; You haven't made a very nice entrance to EDS in my humble opinion. Furthermore, you don't know me from a hole in the wall, so I respectfully ask that you leave me out of your conversation.. How dare you be so insulting?

Can't wait to see what your 15 years of experience brings to the rest of the forum... We love to get input from 'Pro's'... Unless of course, your only interest is in STOP.. hmm!

Have fun kiddie's, I really do wish you all the best.

K

ETA:... It really is time to move on to everybody else's experiences, PLEASE!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Crikey! I have just had a roller coaster of emotions having read the entire Tripollar thread from start to finish over a number of days, this required real dedication & time.

It was after I bought my STOP that I stumbled upon EDS (an excellent forum).

The beginning of the thread was very helpful in assisting my use of the STOP, additionally as I read on, other facts emerged. It may be helpful to newcomers to relist here what these points were:

1. I encountered all of the same problems as others, with the orange light not coming on at first, regardless of whether I was on a low, medium or high setting. The orange light can take ages to light-up on the forehead area but quicker on the cheek & jowl, start there first.

2. The skin can cool down after the first pass by the time you get back to it for the second pass. This reduces as you become more adept at using STOP, the orange light will then stay on more readily for the second pass. Perhaps ambient temperature & hence starting skin temperature can affect this heat up time too.

3. It took much longer than suggested in the booklet to perform a treatment, more like 45 minutes if the neck is included – until you learn the technique, then it gets quicker.

4. Use the gel sparingly, a little goes along way, it tastes nice, it can dry your lips of you get it on them due to the glycerine content.

5. Redness subsides quickly after use. Inflammation can produce temporary results of line reduction. Many reviewers found their face looked best 36 hours after use.

6. A day of rest between each use is essential to allow inflammation to subside, the skin to recover & build new collagen.

7. The long term aim of using the STOP is to encourage the face to build more collagen, this can take a minimum of 3 months but more like 6 months or longer, so this is a long term, not a quick fix, gadget.

8. Immediate shrinkage of existing collagen can give a temporary lift & tightening to some users but by no means all.

9. Do not use on lips & eyelids.

I have completed 3 treatments so far, but now consider treatments 1 & 2 were not carried out correctly – I have the hang of it now – so will count treatment 3 as treatment 1.

The pictures of Kassy’s damage are no longer available to view on the post, which made this section of the reading even more scary - imagination can be too vivid Shock

Today when I awoke, after yesterday’s treatment 1 (3), I was aware that the skin below my eyebrows,( upper eye bone), was indeed fluid filled & quite heavy, producing drooping over the eye. This was quickly cleared by some lymphatic drainage, Tua Viso & LightStim use. I am not going to use the STOP in this area again. Anyone else avoiding that bit too?

The EDS forum has helped enormously in the use of STOP; I would have been using it every second day, had I not read here that the use is best completed twice a week or every 3 or 4 days.

Can I just have clarity from existing users that 12 – 15 uses over a 6 week period is the suggested ideal option before hitting maintenance of once every 2 to 4 weeks?

Updates on all the people who have now been using STOP for over a year are so helpful. The beginning of the thread carried the start of their journey, keeping readers updated is so useful. MPstat are you still seeing good results? Keliu are you still using STOP although you feel you have seen neither improvement nor degradation of your skin with the use of STOP?

Should anyone new to this thread/forum be researching the STOP. I found a website in the UK selling STOP at an excellent price £229 with free P+P, they also offer 90 days money back & replacements of the before gel & after cream for £23 each:

http://www.currentbody.com/beauty/tripollar-stop-anti-ageing-face.html

One thing I did note on my STOP box was, that it’s manufacture date was July 2008, my purchase was March 2010! with a wait of a few days until currentbody.com got more red ones in. Query! Does this mean Ultragen are not selling very many? Or is red their least popular colour? Mmmmm.

Those of you who have been following this thread for a long while may feel I am repeating the obvious, but as a new comer it would have been helpful for me to find this sum up rather than having to read 59 odd pages.

In conclusion,I am not sure I would have bought the STOP if I had read this thread first. I find the treatment pleasant & the accompanying tingle afterwards feels as if something is happening. I have the luxury of the 90 day money back option, which I know many of you fought for at the start. Thank you. I will need to wait to see if this gadget works for me.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
This has nothing to do with the Stop but do you sleep on that side????I have learned to sleep on my back because one side of my face had more sag.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
They are the same, I had that checked out. Might be a marketing ploy from that site....having checked with other sources they are the SAME! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I found this FAQ on Tripollar technology, basically it relates to the professional Tripollar device, the STOP and POSE devices use the same technology.

It is interesting, the FAQ, I am not sure who the author is, suggests that pure glycerine can be used as the treatment product.

http://wellnessbuzzhub.com/embeddedimages/faq.pdf

Happy reading.

PQ

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I lost my manual pretty quickly but If I remember rightly it said that after 6-8 weeks of using it 2-3 times a week you are recommended to go to a maintenance phase of one treatment every couple of weeks or as often as needed. Using it twice a week for 6 weeks would be 12 sessions, I went to the other end of the scale and used it 3 times a week for 8 weeks so 24 sessions.

I think this is the companys way of saying you should see results you want in 6-8 weeks and then after that maintaining the results is less labour intensive. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think its more a marketing strategy than based on safety/clinical results. They say you can use it 'as often as needed' during the maintenance phase so I'm planning on sticking to the 3 times a week for at least another month and then see how I go from there.
I hope it works well for you (and us all!)
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Dear All,

I have just published a review of the STOP device on my blog:

http://homebeautydevices.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/stop-rf-device-review/

Best

Philip/PQ

5% products discount

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that's the RF dot matrix I've been using for about a year now. It's still a good little machine and I have really gotten good results from it. I did buy the Kendal machine on Amazon but returned it because it just didn't get hot. The controls seemed kind of dodgy too. Maybe it was just a defective unit though.

Also, yes, the stamping motion is key - keep the device in one spot until it gets hot. I've seen actual temporary facial grids for sale on ebay, and that's what the pro's use too.

Good luck and enjoy your Stop!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |