Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - please see the POSE thread for results on my collarbone.

I finished my 12 STOP treatments, then fell ill and lost interest in everything. Some days I didn't even bother with moisturiser (my hubby said that's when he knew I was feeling REALLY bad Very Happy ).

During the treatments: my skin looked tired/worn the next day.

The following day, I'd get a lovely glow.

Then I'd do another treatment, and look a bit worn out again.

I've had a full month rest from all gadgets now. I think my skin is looking great.

My feeling it this: the STOP didn't give me immediate dramatic results, or even post-treatment dramatic results.

However, I feel like my skin is 'holding up' if you know what I mean - before starting STOP I felt my skin was going downhill pretty quickly. The STOP has not dramatically turned back the clock, but I feel satisfied when I look in the mirror... my problems are still there, but... it's hard to explain, there is a subtle something good going on there.

My STOP is definitely a keeper. (I despise putting that mucky gel on my face though).

Oh, and I thought it was giving me breakouts along my jawline, but I've just had a fresh set of spots after using nothing for a month, so I guess the spots are just hormonal.

Karen
Colin

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm a British guy, just reading through this excellent forum for the first time.

I have managed to get to page 32 in this thread so far. I will definately need a STOP by the time i have finished Very Happy

Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions, especially those who posted pictures.

cheers, colin
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Karenlee, when I started using the the STOP back in February, the AFTER cream brought me out in spots. I originally thought it was just from using the STOP & it was bringing all the badness in me to the surface Bad Grin (for this read wine!). As soon I stopped (forgive the pun) using the AFTER cream I had no more breakouts, nor have I had any trouble since. Hate the BEFORE cream gunk too, but love its smell.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my STOP as a Christmas present. I'm very excited.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Last month I managed to purchase the Stop device from another member and have used it a few times.My skin does feel tighter~ so far so good. I've been using it on medium and do my face and neck in about 20-25 min. give or take. Along with the facial exercise that Ellie posted on YouTube, and a little cupping now and then, things are looking good. I have to agree with some of the other post in this very long thread in that there isn't one device that will do it all; but a combo works good. Right when I start to think nothing is changing, I look again and think wow, amazing.My neck especially is getting very toned.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Angelfire, its sounds like good progress.
danique

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all
am new to this forum! but after reading about Tripolar Stop on this thread just had to get one!
the results have been amazing after just 2 treatments! - I actually left the house today without makeup for the first time in 25 years!
my skin looks smooth, plumped up and as an added bonus the old acne scars on my cheeks are hardly noticeable! Surprised I do have some slight sagging on neck - feels tighter already
love it!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
danique wrote:
Hi all
am new to this forum! but after reading about Tripolar Stop on this thread just had to get one!
the results have been amazing after just 2 treatments! - I actually left the house today without makeup for the first time in 25 years!
my skin looks smooth, plumped up and as an added bonus the old acne scars on my cheeks are hardly noticeable! Surprised I do have some slight sagging on neck - feels tighter already
love it!

wave Welcome danique,
I think you will even be more pleased with your results as you continue treatments....it is a great device!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I've finished my STOP gel - I still have a tube of POSE gel - has anyone used POSE gel on their face? Does it matter? (I'm concerned about the POSE gel encouraging fat loss in my face)

Thanks
Karen
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:28 am      Reply with quote
karenlee, I read that the Pose Gel is exactly the same (I think even some seller confirmed that).
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:49 am      Reply with quote
i have been using the pose and pose gel on my face, it wouldnt be the gel that would slim your face just the pose.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for anyone familiar with RF technology. Is RF technology similar in any way to procedures like fraxel or IPL?

About 5 months ago, I went through fraxel and had a horrible reaction to it. Now, I have patches of hyperpigmentation all over my face and the fine wrinkles (reason for getting fraxel in the first place) are back with a vengeance.

I really want to try STOP but am terrified that it'll intensify my hyperpigmentation issues. I was advised that I need to stay away from procedures like fraxel and IPL since they'll only make my hyperpigmentation worse.

Any suggestions?
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi
no rf technology is completely different to fraxel, the stop and pose are for home use and are not as strong as thermage or accent the professional machines, but even accent and thermage are different to fraxel, fraxel removes the top layer of the skin, rf does nothing to the top skin it produces more collegen to the bottom layer (sorry forgot which layer the epidermis and dermis are) causing it to thicken and tighten.

hope that makes sense

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I thought the fraxel laser was the one that burnt of the top layer of the skin, I think im wrong, here is an article comparing rf anf fraxel, the rf being thermage (thermage is the strongest rf treatment there is, stop and pose are very mild incomparison.

Fraxel™ Laser Therapy
The Fraxel™ Laser treatment system works by applying microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin. There are two basic layers of skin involved in the treatment:

* The epidermis or outer layer of your skin
* The dermis or sub-layers of skin, which include collagen and elastin

The network of collagen and elastin in the dermis are the proteins that help keep your skin youthful-looking and tight. As people age and are exposed to more the harmful effects of the sun, these proteins break down faster than the body's ability to regenerate them. The skin then begins to develop the wrinkles, lines, agespots and sagging associated with age.

The Fraxel™ system combats this process by focusing microscopic (1/2 the thickness of a hair follicle) laser columns deep into the dermis. Because the laser columns are so narrow and are precisely focused, the laser treatment causes tiny wounds to only a portion of the skin, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected. This stimulates the body's natural healing system to regenerate new collagen and elastin, which tightens the skin and gives it a more youthful appearance. And because only a portion of the skin is affected, it is able to heal much faster. That means that the patient has much less down time. Depending on the procedure the patient may be able to resume normal activities the same day.

This is an outpatient procedure, only requiring the application of a topical anesthetic cream. Typically the only side effects are some sun burn like redness which usually clears up in a couple of days. The marvel of this treatment process is not only the amazing results, but also the speed of the recovery with little or no downtime and minimum risk of complications.

The Fraxel™ Laser system is far and away a better process than any of the classic cosmetic treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion and CO2 laser resurfacing. Usually the optimum results are achieved with 3 or 4 treatments each involving 15% to 30% of the skin. If you have always wanted to improve the look and feel of your skin but were afraid of the effects and long down time associated with other procedures you might want to consider Fraxel™ Laser.

Thermage CPT

The Thermage system uses monopolar capacitive radiofrequency (RF) energy to tighten and contour skin. Unlike other treatments which may require several treatments to achieve results, the Thermage system may deliver benefits with a single treatment. The treatment involves the delivery of a controlled amount of radio frequency (RF) energy deep into the dermis, thus heating a volume of collagen. This causes tightening of the existing collagen and over time stimulates the regeneration of new collagen. This remodeling of the collagen helps create smoother, tighter skin; improved tone and texture; and an overall younger-looking appearance. At the same time the deep heating occurs the surface of the skin is cooled to protect it from any damage. As a result the skin requires no recovery time and the patient can usually return to normal activities quickly.

The process is also performed in an outpatient environment, typically using a topical anesthetic cream. Depending on the length of the procedure, a relaxant and/or pain medication may also be used by the physician. Thermage is the only non-surgical procedure that can provide results with a single treatment.

Both the Fraxel™ Laser and Thermage CPT treatment therapies should only be performed by a Board Certified medical professional that has undergone specialized training in the use of these procedures. You should consult with your dermatologist to determine if these treatment options are right for you.

Tom Hills writes Dermatology Santa Barbara articles about skin care, laser skin care treatments, cosmetic skin care procedures, acne, and other dermatology issues. To receive a free guide on Skin Care and how to find the best dermatologist in Santa Barbara visit http://www.dermatologistsantabarbara.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tom_Hills

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I've finished my STOP gel - I still have a tube of POSE gel - has anyone used POSE gel on their face? Does it matter? (I'm concerned about the POSE gel encouraging fat loss in my face)

Thanks
Karen

It is the same gel....this information came from the company that produces the devices not just a distributor selling it. There is one distributor that claims they are different and that is what caused me to investigate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean,

thanks for the indepth response. so from the article i am going to deduce that since fraxel and ipl do not use rf technology, i do not have to worry about having the same reaction as i did to fraxel. am i correct? and also because stop is a at-home device, it is much weaker and probably isn't strong enough to do irreversible harm... i think i understand! Laughing
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the confirmation - I just wasn't sure if the STOP gel had something in it to stop the RF penetrating as much as the POSE.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think this thread needs a revival. Anybody still using theirs? Toby, how about you? I was wondering if you used it anymore because you're having great success with the ASG. I was considering it for some loose skin on the sides of my mouth. I have almost completed a year of Flex Effect and the pouches are still there. They are the only problem area on my face as of now. They have tightened a litte bit but, I think I would like some extra help. The STOP advertisement pictures show one woman who improved this exact area on her face. Hopefully, the pictures are authentic. Is anybody still having success tightening up loose skin on their face? Thank you.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I stopped using STOP Sad I get exactly the same results from using Retin A minus time and money.

packratmack wrote:
I think this thread needs a revival. Anybody still using theirs? Toby, how about you? I was wondering if you used it anymore because you're having great success with the ASG. I was considering it for some loose skin on the sides of my mouth. I have almost completed a year of Flex Effect and the pouches are still there. They are the only problem area on my face as of now. They have tightened a litte bit but, I think I would like some extra help. The STOP advertisement pictures show one woman who improved this exact area on her face. Hopefully, the pictures are authentic. Is anybody still having success tightening up loose skin on their face? Thank you.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:04 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I stopped using STOP Sad I get exactly the same results from using Retin A minus time and money.

packratmack wrote:

Hi RussianSunshine, I'm glad retin a works so well for you. I use it too, but I don't think it can tighten up loose skin.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack - have you considered CPs to tighten loose skin? They did that for me. Read about them here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=37752

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using mine, currently use it about once per week. I still like it very much, but I think I see it more as preventative rather than trying to repair.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

I am not using it now because I want to make sure it is not altering results from the ASG. I do like this device and will let you know if I go back to it. I am not showing signs of needing it with the Ageless Secret Gold. My issues were lower face and although the Stop nicely smoothed out the forehead wrinkles along with Safetox and the Lightstim it didn't sufficently tighten the lower face where I had n/l and the beginnings of jowls...ASG has plumped those areas up like fillers. I too have done facial exercises and they helped as well but not completely.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

Hi RussianSunshine, I'm glad retin a works so well for you. I use it too, but I don't think it can tighten up loose skin.

packratmack, from my own experience with STOP I can say that it cannot tighten it up either Confused
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that retin_a does not lift for me. I actually never saw any change in my skin the two years I used it. I was using .1.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |