Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi echoecho, I think I remember you saying that you don't like to read manuals. Smile Sorry, if that wasn't you. If you read the manual the protocol seems to be described differently. I watched that video a while back. I don't think you can warm up all the areas in five minutes. How long does it take you to do the initial warming? Also, the manual says the second warming should be done for a few minutes. The video says it should be done for ten minutes. That's more than a few minutes.

Yes that's definitely me Razz In the link it has two videos it shows both the original promo video and a video titled user review, which is the one you would be interested in watching, it helped me allot.

Since the manual was never used, it seems to have vanished Embarassed I have retired both the manual and video protocol. Instead choosing to stick with the way that has been working for me, which is to do the circles (no matter how long they take and they generally take 15-20 minutes to finish) and then do strokes across the areas that need it (folds, under eyes, etc) until the orange light turns on again. This way has worked for me.

I'm going to add that the professional machine gets allot more warmer, even at times unbearable, so can speak from experience that the above method shouldn't damage the skin, mind you everyones skin is different and mine is quite tough so you would want to experiment. If the device was able to deliver the same results as an instant salon professional procedure could it would be a liability to the company, what they have focused on doing is making a device that allows you to achieve similar results over time without the possibility of permanent damage, therefore placing all the safety steps in place.

I have no other way of answering that question, so instead have just relayed what works for me. Hope it helps Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
liz-lauren
5% products discount

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I recieved my stop yesterday. I will up date after I use it. Any suggestions for a first timer? thanks Lauren Question do's and don'ts
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
liz-lauren wrote:
I recieved my stop yesterday. I will up date after I use it. Any suggestions for a first timer? thanks Lauren Question do's and don'ts

Hi Liz, Good to hear about your purchase of the STOP hope it helps you as much as it's helped me. As for tips...

1. Take a photo of yourself with no makeup on prior to starting the course of treatments.

2. While the highest setting has been alright for many of us everyones skin is different, so experiment with the different heat settings before deciding on one.

3. Only use the device every other night. As your skin needs time to recover.

4. After experimenting a little stick with a treatment protocol that feels right to you but do not exceed 20 minutes.

Hope this helps Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
liz-lauren
5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thank you so much for your help...I will take that photo. I have a good close up on facebook but I will take another. Scary. I think I will start on Medium... my skin has some color to it. I will discontinue my derma roller due to the little opening in skin..Dont you think? I will start tommorrow night... wow.. so I start with every other day? then how long ? thanks again Lauren
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 am      Reply with quote
liz-lauren wrote:
Hi, thank you so much for your help...I will take that photo. I have a good close up on facebook but I will take another. Scary. I think I will start on Medium... my skin has some color to it. I will discontinue my derma roller due to the little opening in skin..Dont you think? I will start tommorrow night... wow.. so I start with every other day? then how long ? thanks again Lauren

The company reccomends no more than two - three times a week, which works out to every other day. The tone of your skin color isnt an issue like it would be with light based treatments as the STOP utilizes a different technology. Yes stop the use of your Dermaroller unless you decide to use the STOP twice a week and the Dermaroller once or vice versa. Your supposed to do twelve treatments and then for maintenance once a fortnight thereafter.

Dont forget to take the photo as the results are gradual and cumulative. You might not notice the difference as they are quite gradual so you'll need that photo to compare Smile

liz-lauren
5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
You made me smile about a fortnight.. If I remember correctly is that every week? I havent heard that word since I was stationed in England.. I will discontinue dermaroller for now. what do you use at night. I have been using 'Help Me' face cream. I also use the handy cure which is infrared light... thank you.. Lauren
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:46 am      Reply with quote
liz-lauren wrote:
You made me smile about a fortnight.. If I remember correctly is that every week? I havent heard that word since I was stationed in England.. I will discontinue dermaroller for now. what do you use at night. I have been using 'Help Me' face cream. I also use the handy cure which is infrared light... thank you.. Lauren

Oh good Smile I'm in Australia and that means every two weeks.

I use quite allot of different stuff and love it all, you can see some of it from looking at my signature. When it comes to topicals I'm big on DIY and sometimes shop around but always make sure to include all the important actives like vitamins and peptides. I really respect Garden of Wisdom as they have great products. I'm currently using the lightstim and about to start using the facemaster.

Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello liz-lauren,
Some people find this helps them to remember -
fortnight is short for fourteen nights.

HTH
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I found this FAQ on Tripollar technology, basically it relates to the professional Tripollar device, the STOP and POSE devices use the same technology.

It is interesting, the FAQ, I am not sure who the author is, suggests that pure glycerine can be used as the treatment product.

http://wellnessbuzzhub.com/embeddedimages/faq.pdf

Happy reading.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone wanting to sell a STOP unit please let me know!

I have a Nu-Face unit that is only a year old (not been used more than 20 times) to trade/sell also.

Thx! Wink
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

During the Warm Up Stage you want to reach Orange, stay on that same spot for a few more seconds, and then move to the next spot.

During the 2nd Stage, you need to stay at Orange the entire time...the only light that should turn on and off is the Green one if the unit gets too hot.

This is an old post regarding the usage of the Stop. I want to know if the goal of having the orange light stay lit during the second stage is accurate. This is the way I have been doing it.
But, of course the instructions say something different. The instructions say to do the second stage with out waiting for the orange light to illuminate. Pretty confusing. Any help would be appreciated.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:59 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
I found this FAQ on Tripollar technology, basically it relates to the professional Tripollar device, the STOP and POSE devices use the same technology.

It is interesting, the FAQ, I am not sure who the author is, suggests that pure glycerine can be used as the treatment product.

Happy reading.

PQ

I tried pure glycerine with the Stop but it didn't get very warm. I tried electrode gel which got TOO hot. Rolling Eyes I mixed the two and it worked (but the mixture gets dry quite fast on the face as opposed to the Stop gel).
Chiqui
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
bethany wrote:

During the Warm Up Stage you want to reach Orange, stay on that same spot for a few more seconds, and then move to the next spot.

During the 2nd Stage, you need to stay at Orange the entire time...the only light that should turn on and off is the Green one if the unit gets too hot.

This is an old post regarding the usage of the Stop. I want to know if the goal of having the orange light stay lit during the second stage is accurate. This is the way I have been doing it.
But, of course the instructions say something different. The instructions say to do the second stage with out waiting for the orange light to illuminate. Pretty confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

In a paper (written by a dermatologist) on professional radiofrequency devices I read that, for results, you should achieve a temperature of 42° Celsius three times in each area treated or hold this temperature once for a minute. The latter not being possible with the Stop, I try the first method. But of course, that is NOT AT ALL what the Stop manual says. Plus I don't have sensitive skin.

The paper is in French: http://www.materiel-esthetique-belgique.be/doc/radiofrequence.pdf

This is the part I am referring to:
"Progressivement la température monte, la peau rougit. On contrôle la température au moyen d'un thermomètre laser. On monte jusqu'à 42°C si possible. C'est l'idéal. [...]. L'idée est de monter à cette température trois fois en chaque point de la zone ou bien de faire durer cette chaleur une minute une fois."

Please draw your own conclusions. Very Happy

Chiqui
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

Happy reading.

PQ

I tried pure glycerine with the Stop but it didn't get very warm. I tried electrode gel which got TOO hot. Rolling Eyes I mixed the two and it worked (but the mixture gets dry quite fast on the face as opposed to the Stop gel).
Chiqui

I have used pure glycerine mixed with a very cheap alternative rf gel http://www.riobeauty.co.uk/rio-rf-polar-treatment-gel.html

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:52 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
bethany wrote:

During the second stage, the orange light does not need to remain on, the 1st stage you should work in very small areas to heat the skin and once the orange light is ON during this phase, you should move on to the next small area, followed by and after all small area are warmed to phase two, which should be flowing movements across the warmed area, and you do not need the orange light to be on.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:53 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
packratmack wrote:
bethany wrote:

During the second stage, the orange light does not need to remain on, the 1st stage you should work in very small areas to heat the skin and once the orange light is ON during this phase, you should move on to the next small area, followed by and after all small area are warmed to phase two, which should be flowing movements across the warmed area, and you do not need the orange light to be on.

PQ

Thank you PQ, that is exactly what the instructions say. It makes me wonder why others feel that the orange light should stay on during the second phase. This information from the winhealth website suggests that keeping the orange light illuminated during the second phase is the correct method as well. "With proficiency, you will be able to carry out the second stage of the treatment maintaining the heat at constant and Orange light being on constantly as you go over your face". So, they also are saying something different than the manual.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
packratmack wrote:
bethany wrote:

PQ

Thank you PQ, that is exactly what the instructions say. It makes me wonder why others feel that the orange light should stay on during the second phase. This information from the winhealth website suggests that keeping the orange light illuminated during the second phase is the correct method as well. "With proficiency, you will be able to carry out the second stage of the treatment maintaining the heat at constant and Orange light being on constantly as you go over your face". So, they also are saying something different than the manual.

I checked this with Pollogen, who created the POSE/STOP and the manual is correct.

PQ

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just started using the Stop. I am really concerned because I had quite the reaction from just using it on my forehead wrinkles. The next morning I woke up to extreme heavy eyelids and sagging eyebrows, my left eye would not stop tearing. Things have settled down now that it's 48 hrs later. Has anybody else experienced similar symptoms? I am a nervous to continue using it. I am almost 50, with thin skin and very fair complexion.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
ok after having decided that the "me my elos" was going to be the last gadget, I have now succumbed to this and just ordered it.
Eds is going to be my cc's undoing Laughing
I have some sagging from nose to mouth and some fine forehaed lines to deal with, but also looking to this as preventative.
Hope this is the right way to look at this Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Gwanane
how are you doing?
I have only just got the stop so havent started it yet but have to admit what you said has got me a bit concerned , I have read all this thread now and from this I gather that Kassy had a really bad experience from it.
Maybe some of the other users could jump in here?
It seems to be like most devices, some get good responses , others none at all or bad ones Rolling Eyes
Hope yours has improved though.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:03 am      Reply with quote
How to you guys stay save online when shopping? I was told to not use my real bank card when i shop online so I went to wal*mark and bought this Walmart*Moneycard to use but now they are asking for my Social Security Number. As anyone use this card before and how did you activate it? It is also non-refundable. I know people who had their money stolen from their bank card and i have hear of people identity being stolen too. This will really help some of use newbie who can not get any of the items in any store near us.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Dont give them your social security no Exclamation
what about using Paypal Question It seems to be ok and a bit better and more secure than other methods.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank, but what do you guys use to shop online? Should I use my real bank card? It the new pay as you go card that is asking for SSN# to activated ir.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Gwenane wrote:
Just started using the Stop. I am really concerned because I had quite the reaction from just using it on my forehead wrinkles. The next morning I woke up to extreme heavy eyelids and sagging eyebrows, my left eye would not stop tearing. Things have settled down now that it's 48 hrs later. Has anybody else experienced similar symptoms? I am a nervous to continue using it. I am almost 50, with thin skin and very fair complexion.

God sounds like you had a terrible reaction, did you follow the instructions closely? You could try testing a small patch of skin and if the same thing happens maybe get a refund from the company.

Gwenane

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Just to update have tried used the Stop again first on the back of my hand with no side-effects, so I tried again on my forehead this time everything was fine no major reactions. I am quite an allergic person, have some medical problems with my eyes so my first experience (side-effects) could have been totally unrelated and must have been something else. Scared me half to death though at the time. Don't have the time right now to start the treatments on a regular basis but fingers crossed it will all be good when I do.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |