Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used both the STOP and the derma wand? It looks like both use RF, but the derma wand is a lot cheaper! How do they compare?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
budderballer wrote:
Has anyone used both the STOP and the derma wand? It looks like both use RF, but the derma wand is a lot cheaper! How do they compare?

They use totally different technologies. The STOP uses radio frequency waves to heat the dermis and stimulate collagen. The DermaWand uses high frequency to produce ozone which is said to kill bacteria and have benefits for the skin. You can find information on HF devices here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
budderballer wrote:

They use totally different technologies. The STOP uses radio frequency waves to heat the dermis and stimulate collagen. The DermaWand uses high frequency to produce ozone which is said to kill bacteria and have benefits for the skin. You can find information on HF devices here:

Oops! Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the link! I'll have to read more about HF because I have never heard of it before.
UKMissP

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
oops repeat posted
UKMissP

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
and again ... must figure out how to delete the post.. sorry!
UKMissP

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
This is my first post but I’ve been a lurker for a while. After having Tripollar Regen treatment (the salon version) on my post twin pregnancy tummy I became interested in the STOP technology . I found this website a godsend as it seemed to be the only place where the STOP is independently discussed – the fact that there are so few places discussing it did make me a little wary but the temptation was too great and I went ahead and bought one. Anyway I thought I’d share my experience as I found reading about everyone elses so interesting, so here goes.

About me, I’m in the UK, I’m 39 & before I started I had a few fine lines around the eyes that turn into deep crows feet that head down my cheeks when I smile. I have prominent NL lines and the beginnings of jowl lines and saggy cheeks. Beauty regime – basic cleanse, tone, serum and moisturise once daily, no supplements or other gadgets. I’m a big fan of carol maggios facersize programme which I did with great results when my face stated going flat 10 years ago and again about 10 months ago (I’m not very good at keeping it up once I’ve got results)

I’ve been using the STOP 3 times a week for 8 weeks on my face and under chin area. I use it on high setting for about 15mins a time (half stage 1 and half stage 2). I’ve taken lots of photos along the way to monitor my progress. I found the treatment relaxing and enjoyable and I love the immediate plumping and freshening up effect I got with the STOP immediately after use, I only get redness for 15 mins or less. I didn’t use it much on my forehead after the first few goes as I found it a little unpleasant/uncomfortable.

It’s been a rollercoaster over the eight weeks, at different times thinking it’s great, thinking its a waste of time, seeing improvement in B&A photos, then deciding they were just due to differences in lighting or moisturising I think when they say that hydration is the key to success when using STOP, in some cases I think the success you see is from hydration – I’ve been moisturising 3-4 times a day on STOP days compared to once pre stop and think this caused much of the results I saw some times.

Eight weeks down the line I do think there has been an improvement. It’s quite subtle but my skin just seems to fit my face better (lifted and tightened i guess), my complection is improved and I like my reflection more. I don’t think there’s any noticeable difference to my NL lines or jowels but there has been some improvements in my fine periorbital laughter lines. I also still absolutely love the immediate short term plumping and firming effect that STOP gives me and personally think for special occasions or to just to give you a boost, it’s worth the money for that effect alone – although I understand not everyone will get this. My original high expectations of the STOP haven’t been met but I’m still happy with this gadget and hope with it I can make the best of my age for a few more years.

Thanks for reading, hope it’s been of some help & apologies for the essay!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
UKMissP - Welcome! Smile and thanks for the review. You've summed up my thoughts about the STOP completely. Sometimes I think it's doing something, sometimes I think it's doing nothing! But I still continue to use mine as there's one thing I know for sure: a gadget sitting in a draw is definitely not going to do anything and any home-use device requires long term use and dedication to see real results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am selling my STOP! Whoever is interested, please, PM me.
UKMissP

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
UKMissP - Welcome! Smile and thanks for the review. You've summed up my thoughts about the STOP completely. Sometimes I think it's doing something, sometimes I think it's doing nothing! But I still continue to use mine as there's one thing I know for sure: a gadget sitting in a draw is definitely not going to do anything and any home-use device requires long term use and dedication to see real results.

Thank you, I think you're right, I'm planning to carry on using it 2-3 times a week with the hope I continue to see a steady and gradual improvement. Its not a chore as I do enjoy using it and the ectra moisurising my skin gets is a plus too.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have a STOP and am still on the first 12 sessions but I thought we were supposed to cut down to once a week after the 12 sessions. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I too am still deciding if I see something or not. I use Skin Signals right after a session and it really tightens the pores and I think that it really helps the SS to sink in also.

Would appreciate any input on usage. Thanks!
UKMissP

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I lost my manual pretty quickly but If I remember rightly it said that after 6-8 weeks of using it 2-3 times a week you are recommended to go to a maintenance phase of one treatment every couple of weeks or as often as needed. Using it twice a week for 6 weeks would be 12 sessions, I went to the other end of the scale and used it 3 times a week for 8 weeks so 24 sessions.

I think this is the companys way of saying you should see results you want in 6-8 weeks and then after that maintaining the results is less labour intensive. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think its more a marketing strategy than based on safety/clinical results. They say you can use it 'as often as needed' during the maintenance phase so I'm planning on sticking to the 3 times a week for at least another month and then see how I go from there.
I hope it works well for you (and us all!)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
UKMissP wrote:
I think this is the companys way of saying you should see results you want in 6-8 weeks and then after that maintaining the results is less labour intensive. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think its more a marketing strategy than based on safety/clinical results. They say you can use it 'as often as needed' during the maintenance phase so I'm planning on sticking to the 3 times a week for at least another month and then see how I go from there.
I hope it works well for you (and us all!)

Yes, the "maintenance" schedule is one treatment every two weeks. I agree that this is marketing strategy - and if I had to use it "as often as needed", well that would be every five minutes!! But seriously, I've had one Thermage treatment and a Pearl Laser which cost an absolute fortune - I didn't get "wow" results from either (and they were quite invasive procedures). I have had no real visible results from the STOP either - but I have to say that my skin is in much better shape than allot of women my age (61) so I DO try and remain positive about using home-use devices. I think we have to hold our expectations in check and plod on!

5% products discount

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I had some tripollar regen treatments on my face in a salon as groupon was doing a deal, I liked the results alot so I bought the tripollar stop. Obviously the results arnt as good as the salon but I do like the way my skin looks a feels and I reckon it does help. You just have to use it multiple times to get the same results as Regen. I'm 34 so it's more of a preventative than a cure, a stitch in time saves nine or so I hope Very Happy

Ps I got my Stop brand new from eBay for 70 quid, I don't think I would have paid full price as it's a fair chunk of change.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried using the preparation gel for the body instead of the one for the face?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
It is the same. There is a company(not the manufacturer) that says they are different but I did further investigation some time back and was told they are the same.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that when you apply the treatment gel it makes your face feel slightly hot. It seems to have a warming effect. I have other treatment gels that I use with ultrasound, microcurrent etc. but I've never experienced that feeling with those. I wonder what it is in the gel that gives off the warmth. For this reason, I would never substitute another gel to use with the STOP - there might be a reason for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that when you apply the treatment gel it makes your face feel slightly hot. It seems to have a warming effect. I have other treatment gels that I use with ultrasound, microcurrent etc. but I've never experienced that feeling with those. I wonder what it is in the gel that gives off the warmth. For this reason, I would never substitute another gel to use with the STOP - there might be a reason for it.

I have noticed the warmth of the gel as well and I also would NEVER substitute another gel....I am honestly afraid that another gel might result in a bad reaction. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone found a price cheaper than $35 for preparation gel for face and $59 for body?
UKMissP

Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I’m about 2/3rds of the way through my STOP gel and have just bought a bottle of glycerin for when it runs out. It cost less that £1. They used Glycerin at the salon where I had my Regen tripollar treatment and it was used in some of the clinical studies using the tripollar technology (see the clinical results page of the stop age website, you might need to trawl a bit!) I’m not sure if it gives the same warming sensation as the STOP gel but as long as your face warms up the same during treatment it should work just fine Very Happy Glycerin is wetter than the gel (which is mainly glycerin anyway)so the plan is to apply it with cotton wool. I will let you know how I get on! Cool
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
UKMissP wrote:
I’m about 2/3rds of the way through my STOP gel and have just bought a bottle of glycerin for when it runs out. It cost less that £1. They used Glycerin at the salon where I had my Regen tripollar treatment and it was used in some of the clinical studies using the tripollar technology (see the clinical results page of the stop age website, you might need to trawl a bit!) I’m not sure if it gives the same warming sensation as the STOP gel but as long as your face warms up the same during treatment it should work just fine Very Happy Glycerin is wetter than the gel (which is mainly glycerin anyway)so the plan is to apply it with cotton wool. I will let you know how I get on! Cool

Please do!! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't looked at the ingredients before now - and, you're right, it's mainly Glycerin.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm also about halfway through my preparation gel for my tripollar stop.

I will be swapping to glycerin when it runs out, as when I had my original tripollar regen treatments in a salon that's what they used, and its much higher frequency than using a home device.

Still loving my tripollar stop Smile
mek2466

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying to decide between the Tripollar STOP and the Quasar MD (MD is more expensive)..

Does anyone know if the technology (RF) is the same or have any other input about either.

It's so hard trying to decide which device is the most effective and these are the two I'm down to.
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I just got my STOP and POSE and did my first treatment yesterday. I was scared it would make my skin look ugly afterward but it doesn't at all. I think my skin is just a little pink but it is not even noticeable. My skin looked very nice afterward! I had just done a Cinderella mask earlier so that could have been why my skin looked so nice, but at least we know the STOP didn't make my skin look worse!
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone want to buy my STOP? I don't think it does that much for me. Message me if interested!
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I listed my STOP on ebay if anyone is interested!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330772602346?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1225
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |