Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Bethany,

do you do the entire neck or just the sides avoiding thyroid?

TIA

Sigma, I definitely avoid the thyroid!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Toby wrote:
... The Stop by far is the best skincare product I have ever bought and if another product comes out better than this I will be back in the womb Laughing Laughing ...

I am waiting for Stop-Body... supposedly to be released this year! Start saving!!! Wink

Yep I'll be saving for that one as soon as I get this one, and my LED.
Does it never end?
Maybe with these 3 gadgets there'll be nothing else to buy coz we'll all be looking super stunning. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Toby wrote:
... The Stop by far is the best skincare product I have ever bought and if another product comes out better than this I will be back in the womb Laughing Laughing ...

I am waiting for Stop-Body... supposedly to be released this year! Start saving!!! Wink

Yep I'll be saving for that one as soon as I get this one, and my LED.
Does it never end?
Maybe with these 3 gadgets there'll be nothing else to buy coz we'll all be looking super stunning. Very Happy

And just maybe we won't be buying anything else after buying all these because we will be broke

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughts after my 1st treatment;

I really enjoyed the treatment, and everything went very smoothly.. The orange light cooperated on the first side of my face, but then stayed lit after about 10 minutes. I found it very easy to just pay attention to the heat, and move accordingly.

I probably overdid it for the first time because it felt so nice, and went non-stop on my whole face and neck (avoiding thyroid) for about an hour ... Shock I did the first pass on low, and the second on high. Now, about half an hour later, I feel quite tingly in a good way. The only thing I notice visually is a negative, and my dreaded bags are puffier than usual.. Embarassed (To coin Beth's phrase; "Drats".. Laughing )

I used the After Treatment Cream afterwards, but I really don't care for it.. I find it too thick for my taste. Also when I applied it I felt a slight burning, so I have to take a look at the ingredients and see if I'm sensitive to anything in it.. Could be that I just overdid the treatment, and made my skin very sensitive also.. In any case, I will probably be making a serum out of it, which is more up my alley..

The gel feels nice because of the warmth, but I wish it were unscented. It's not a bad consistency though.

Oh, did any of you expect the device to be larger? I was surprised at how cute and compact it is. It's very comfortable to hold and maneuver around. I enjoyed it very much!

That's my 2 cents worth ... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Don't be concerned about the eye bags after a treatment they should be better by morning.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Don't be concerned about the eye bags after a treatment they should be better by morning.
Toby

That would be great!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Oh, did any of you expect the device to be larger? I was surprised at how cute and compact it is. It's very comfortable to hold and maneuver around. I enjoyed it very much!

It is cute, and I thought it felt very solidly made too.

BTW, my light stays orange most of the 2nd pass too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I did my 2nd STOP treatment tonight...I am sticking to the 2x a week as recommended in the user's manual, even though they say that you can actually it use it every day. But I'm scared of cooking my new baby collagen, lol.

It is a little over 24 hours after my 2nd treatment, and I wanted to weigh in on what I am seeing.

I see a slight reduction on my forehead lines (but nothing like Toby yet), and the tree rings around my neck seem to be softer. The marionette lines *may* be a tad smaller, and I think I see some shrinkage on my nose which is STILL swollen after surgery 18 months ago. Rolling Eyes

Nothing drastic, but I think I am heading in the right question. My only question is how much of this is due to cellular inflammation.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
hi, I'm a new member, having logged in to see if anyone has experience of the Stop device or Tuo Viso.
I used the Stop device every other day from November until last week, and have been really disappointed with the results. In order to get the orange light on constantly, I had to use it for about 25 minutes, which is longer than the recommended full session! I ended up using it for an hour each time, but still hardly any difference.
I have now switched my attention to the Tuo Viso, which arrived yesterday. When I did the brow lift though, my eye went down and not up as I would have expected. I tried it on the alternative position between the cheekbone, which was even worse. It made my eye droop afterwards!
Did anyone else experience this or is this the correct way? The DVD clearly shows the eyebrow lifting, so I'm pretty convinced I'm doing something wrong.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
tricat wrote:
hi, I'm a new member, having logged in to see if anyone has experience of the Stop device or Tuo Viso.
I used the Stop device every other day from November until last week, and have been really disappointed with the results. In order to get the orange light on constantly, I had to use it for about 25 minutes, which is longer than the recommended full session! I ended up using it for an hour each time, but still hardly any difference.
I have now switched my attention to the Tuo Viso, which arrived yesterday. When I did the brow lift though, my eye went down and not up as I would have expected. I tried it on the alternative position between the cheekbone, which was even worse. It made my eye droop afterwards!
Did anyone else experience this or is this the correct way? The DVD clearly shows the eyebrow lifting, so I'm pretty convinced I'm doing something wrong.

tricat - with Stop orange light we have experienced all sorts of behaviours, and a consensus now to ignore orange light, and use green light & warmth feeling as indicators for treatment progress instead.

Several members including Toby have been using Tua Viso with good results. There is a thread
Tua Viso Users...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31637
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
tricat wrote:

First of all can you tell us your skin issues and age range? Having both machines and also having a very good response with both I will try to help you. First with the Tua Viso you aren't getting the correct placement if you don't see the brow lifting. Get in front of a mirror and watch the dvd and try to find the correct place on your face that gets the same lift(the positioning could be a little different on your face). It will lift very easily provided you have the correct spot. Also make sure you have the right amount of strength to provide the lift for the number on your control.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
tricat - want to add that Stop and Tua Viso address different issues. Stop (RF) - skin tightening, and Tua Viso (MC) - muscle tone. They are not mutually exclusive, but compliment each other.

In addition to Tua Viso, you might want to look into facial exercises as well, since facial exercises also tone the muscles.
mpstat wrote:
...Do you do facial exercises?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=17697

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&highlight=ageless+dare
web site - http://louiseannette.co.uk

FlexEffect
web site -www.flexeffect.com

I use Stop, do facial exercises, and now based on Toby's great success with Tua Viso thinking of getting Tua Viso to stimulate some facial areas, that I feel might benefit from it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
tricat wrote:

I used the Stop device every other day from November until last week, and have been really disappointed with the results. In order to get the orange light on constantly, I had to use it for about 25 minutes, which is longer than the recommended full session!

STOP; My guess is that maybe you are moving the device too fast.. Try going very slowly, in circular motions, over a one inch area at a time.. (I took notice when I began treatment, and for me, 12 to 15 circles turned the light orange)... After about 10 minutes, the light remained orange throughout the treatment... Which setting are you using; low, medium or high?

TuaViso;; the tiniest fraction of an inch is the difference between doing it correctly or getting the opposite effect.. Use a low setting, and practice in a mirror till you can mimic the movement in the video. The exact placement will be slightly different for everyone.

tricat

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thanks everyone for all your fast responses. I was wondering why some of you have both units, but now I see that they do compliment one another.

I will give the Stop another go - thanks for the advice.

I am 45 and although I am fairly wrinkle free I think my jaw is really sagging badly (probably due to all the running I've done over the years!) so wanted a product to lift, which I think is where the Tuo Viso will come in.

I will continue to play with the position of the Tuo Viso on my brow and let you know how I get on.

Again, thanks everyone.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I did my first Stop treatment last night. I thought the gel was really sticky/tacky - but it seemed to do its job well - as long as it doesn't break me out I will be happy. I did use the high setting (hoping for fast results!) but it was pretty hot. I kept it moving but a few times I had to move it away from certain areas because it felt too hot. Afterward my face had a definite sunburned/tingly feeling for hours but didn't look sunburned (I think I have very tough skin, btw). No miracles yet, but I wouldn't expect much after one treatment. Are most of you using the high setting? Does it feel really hot to you?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am watching you like a hawk, charis. I am hoping you will soon be reporting major improvement in the lip verticals!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am watching you like a hawk, charis. I am hoping you will soon be reporting major improvement in the lip verticals!

Rileygirl, I too am hoping like mad to be reporting a miracle on my upper lip lines! I will keep you posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
... Are most of you using the high setting? Does it feel really hot to you?

I use it on high, and based on the posts seems that most of us use high setting as well. I do not find it being very hot most of the time, but rather pleasantly warm. Around mouth though it feels much warmer then say on cheeks.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
It was the mouth area for me that felt hottest too. I guess I'll keep it on high and just keep the thing moving. I was just surprised how hot it felt on the mouth - and that's an area I am definitely concentrating on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just to reiterate what Halina told me; "keep it moving slowly and steadily, and go for comfortably hot"..(but she also said as hot as I can stand, and still be comfortable.)

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I also use it on high, and the hottest it feels is under the eyes and around the mouth.

But my skin is very sensitive, so...

If it feels too hot, I go to another area and then come back in a few seconds.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Are most of you using the high setting? Does it feel really hot to you?

It only feels hot if I do not keep it moving. But if I keep it moving, it only feels slightly warm. (and yes, the orange light is on, indicating that the optimal temperature has been reached) But I am now using Medium near the inner corners of my eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
*****UPDATE ON EMAIL NOTIFICATION FOR SHIPPING*****

I sent Roy and Halina a link to this site/thread, and Roy was surprised and concerned that email notifications weren't going out.. They assumed the Postal service did it.. Anyway I just recieved this from Roy;

Dear Kathy - thank you so much for that! We've located the problem and rectified it now so everyone WILL get notification automatically from now on.

Many thanks,

Roy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
charis wrote:
Are most of you using the high setting? Does it feel really hot to you?

It only feels hot if I do not keep it moving. But if I keep it moving, it only feels slightly warm. (and yes, the orange light is on, indicating that the optimal temperature has been reached) But I am now using Medium near the inner corners of my eye.

Big ditto all around for me!

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Because I truly believe this works I will share these for a short time. I want you to see what I am seeing. The first shot is before Stop in Nov.08, the next is two days after the sixth treatment. This is part of what sent Kassy over the fence. I guess the other part was the rest of the face. But this is all I can do now. I really hope it helps. Also in all fairness to facial exercises I have done Flexeffect for 16 months and started Lou's program at the beginning of Nov. but I think the forehead is reserved for Stop.
Toby

ImageImage

I am really not into posting my pictures but for those that don't have time to read through the whole thread this maybe helpful. Yes it WORKS It may vary with different skin and age but without question it has promise to deliver amazing results.
Toby

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |