Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
Does this actually work?

I posted the above in response to Baby's question, but they didn't end up on the same page so I brought the question on over here.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
********Just an FYI********

Dear Kathy,

I have read the threads on your forum and I must thank you all for your glowing recommendations! We are experiencing some difficulty with our website this weekend but not with our online shop. So I thought I'd give you the URL straight into our online shop. It might save somebody some hassle until we can get this resolved.

http://www.win-health.com/actinic/acatalog/stop-tripollar-rf.html

Kind regards,

Roy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
baby wrote:
Does this actually work?

...Yes it WORKS It may vary with different skin and age but without question it has promise to deliver amazing results....

Yes it works!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I have heard that about 50%-70% RF users get good results, but think that success rate is actually higher.

My beauty priority list now:
* Facial exercises + massage
* RF (Stop)
* LEDs (ProLights)
* Galvanic/Topicals
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have been very interested in reading about this STOP device. My first thoughts were whether it is similar to Thermage etc, in that it can cause facial fat loss in some people. Or is this something completely different ?

many thanks

Jackie x
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been very interested in reading about this STOP device. My first thoughts were whether it is similar to Thermage etc, in that it can cause facial fat loss in some people. Or is this something completely different ?

many thanks

Jackie x

Jackie, we have touched on this several times in this thread.

The STOP manufacturer says that it will not causes fat loss, and the actual fat layer is at the very bottom of the dermis...the STOP does not reach that far.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
'Tis here!!1 i had to wrestle it from the security lady at the door (we don't give out packages on weekends - as if!)

my question is - i just used my little ultrasound/ LED and put CE Ferulic on (about 1 hr+ ago) - can I go right in for a treatment or should I hold out until later on tonight.

also - started doing lulu facial exercises 2 days ago and i'm litterally black n blue (visible imprint of my fingers on my cheeks & a hickey-like bruise on my neck - fun.) anyone else get this? i'm thinking of substituting the lulu neck exercise with the kiss the ceiling/ chewing routine. hmm

will update shortly

5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
ok - now i'm really confused - can't get the thing to work. i'm looking at the inlay and it mentions an "electrical outlet adaptor"that should be connected by a cable to the power supply? i can't find that. i only have the device, the power supply, one each UK/ EU plug and separately the US adapter provided by Win Health. And it does nothing if i just plug it in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
denham wrote:
ok - now i'm really confused - can't get the thing to work. i'm looking at the inlay and it mentions an "electrical outlet adaptor"that should be connected by a cable to the power supply? i can't find that. i only have the device, the power supply, one each UK/ EU plug and separately the US adapter provided by Win Health. And it does nothing if i just plug it in.

If you pm me and give me your email address I will take a picture and show you all the is to be there.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking about the adapters, is anybody else finding that the 3 prong one doesn't fit securely? When I try to use that one, it slips out.. I'm using the 2 prong into the US one, is that okay.. Shock (I haven't electrocuted myself, so that's a step in the right direction ... Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I bought the one Bethany pointed out from Radio Shack.

When I plug the original British one into the one from Radio Shack it does not go all the way thru (may be 1/8 of an inch does not go in), but I have no problem plugging it in the normal US socket.

The 3rd prong is for grounding, so it should not be a problem in general.

Since the entire unit is 12v it should not be a problem even in the case of electrical spike.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks sigma!

I tried again with the one with the ground, and it won't stay in.. I'm just using the 2 prong UK one into the US adapter.. I use it in a GFI socket, so I think that's okay.. I also bought the Radio Shack US adapter.. That one is fine, it's just the UK 3 prong that is too loose.

On another note, I just read the article Keliu posted on the 1st page of this thread, and was surprised to read the treatments were done for the studies, with "oil" applied to the skin;

[The treatment area is then lubricated with
oil. The TriPollar™ applicator is positioned on the skin
and the Foot Switch is pressed to begin treatment.
]

hmm! Wonder if that's worth a try? What do you guys think?

denham
5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Thanks sigma!

I tried again with the one with the ground, and it won't stay in.. I'm just using the 2 prong UK one into the US adapter.. I use it in a GFI socket, so I think that's okay.. I also bought the Radio Shack US adapter.. That one is fine, it's just the UK 3 prong that is too loose.

On another note, I just read the article Keliu posted on the 1st page of this thread, and was surprised to read the treatments were done for the studies, with "oil" applied to the skin;

[The treatment area is then lubricated with
oil. The TriPollar™ applicator is positioned on the skin
and the Foot Switch is pressed to begin treatment.
]

hmm! Wonder if that's worth a try? What do you guys think?

oh PLEASE let that work - I'm a emu-oil devotee and would be exceedingly happy if this little thingy would work with emu/organic oil as an conductor / skin coating.

now on to MY FIRST TREATMENT. long story short it took me 1 hour (about 45' face & 15 neck). after trial and error i'm assuming the (in)famous orange light is the one located at the bottom on the side opposite that power button. which leads me to the question - why do the central lights on either side of the device which are initially green turn orange as well? (mine did about 4-5 minutes in and stayed that way throughout).

so redness while doing it, heat that can get quite intense (mini-burn) if you stop the movement for even one second, but tolerable on the whole.

right after the treatment i see no real difference to speak of (not that i was expecting to instantly turn 12); i did take pictures - but other than that they're both horrendous (i really did bruise my face with the lulu exercises) they're not 'clinically' significant.

i used emu oil after treatment - didn't even open the 'after' jar; the pre- was gross enough - and i really object to it having added fragrance. i will use the whole thing up but definitely not buying anymore. the ingredients are pretty basic - and i'm thinking any ultrasound/ tens gel - perhaps w/ added salt and beeswax (which gives it the tacky feeling, pun intended) will do the job just fine. still hoping emu oil might turn out to be a viable alternative though.

finally, the redness - already subsiding, and i'm not 'feeling' much of anything. then again my face is so abused - between retin-A, frequent mini-peels, microcurrent, CPs, ultrasound & al - that is quite possibly numb for all intents and purposes.

will update on the look of things tomorrow & future treatments (i plan to leave at lest 2-3 days between)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds to me that this unit is not something that you just plug in and go. I hate it when things get technical, like the orange light issue. Just give me the meat and potatoes and forget all the other side dishes. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
After the first treatment it is very simple. It's just a learning curve the first time.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
After the first treatment it is very simple. It's just a learning curve the first time.
Toby

I totally agree...I didn't even have an issue with the orange light. It really doesn't get much simpler than this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Toby wrote:
Toby

I totally agree...I didn't even have an issue with the orange light. It really doesn't get much simpler than this.

That's good know, I was getting worried even before I received it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my 3rd STOP treatment...it's going much faster now that I have the hang of it. Obviously, my face looks pretty plumped up and good after the treatment, but that is due to the inflammation.

I did examine my face closely before the treatment, and do see some slight improvements in my marionette lines. However, I don't think the STOP has the power that Ageless does. Ageless has the ability to really remodel your face, but STOP seems more like the cleaning crew coming in after the remodel to tidy up the remaining issues.

I think they actually make a perfect pairing...especially if you are fighting some sag from weightloss like me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention that I am using my ZO Growth Factor Serum 2x a day now that I am trying to grow my new baby collagen from the STOP treatment into full-fledged collagen adults. I look at this as a superfood for the baby collagen. Very Happy

Quote:
ZO Growth Factor Serum

Features & Benefits:
- Epidermal Growth Factor: engineered to dramatically increase cell-regeneration and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and discoloration.
- Retinol: a pure derivative of Vitamin A and the most vital component of any anti-aging skincare program. It is clinically proven to be the most effective anti-aging ingredient to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and increase epidermal thickness.
- Proprietary Lipopeptides: stimulate collagen and elastin

http://www.zoskinhealth.com/shop/facial/growthfactorserum

Anyone looking to add a Growth Factor Serum at a lower price point might want to consider the Estion GFS...the same people developed both the Estion and the ZO products. The ingredients are identical, but I suspect the delivery method may be a tad different.

The Estion comes in a half ounce container (ZO is 1 ounce) and 2 Estion are usually only $15 less than ZO. However, SkincareRx.com has it on sale for $60/.5oz (usually $90), plus you can get an additional 20% off (PM me if you need the discount code). So that means that you can get Estion for $48/.5oz or 2 for $96 (ZO is $195)

Quote:
Estion Ultimate Growth Factor

Designed specifically as cell compatible to support and provide fibroblast and collagen growth. Improved peptide delivery is proveded by Nanoemulsion penetration enhancement technology.

http://skincarerx.com/Estion-Ultimate-Growth-Factor.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am still (impatiently!) awaiting a response from win-health concerning additional specs on the STOP. (I sent an e-mail to them on 1/17 using their contact link on the website)

I see that many of you are receiving quick responses from them & am wondering if sonmeone could give me an actual e-mail addy? Perhaps for Roy? He sounds very responsive. My apologies if his e-mail addy is posted earlier!

So hoping I can get this info soon so hopefully my husband will deem it safe & I get a Stop too. And start getting some fab results also!

TIA for any help.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
I am still (impatiently!) awaiting a response from win-health concerning additional specs on the STOP. (I sent an e-mail to them on 1/17 using their contact link on the website)

I see that many of you are receiving quick responses from them & am wondering if sonmeone could give me an actual e-mail addy? Perhaps for Roy? He sounds very responsive. My apologies if his e-mail addy is posted earlier!

So hoping I can get this info soon so hopefully my husband will deem it safe & I get a Stop too. And start getting some fab results also!

TIA for any help.

Cabrita, I had a similar experience...no reply via the "Contact Us" form, and I finally emailed Roy directly. He did reply and tell me he would look into it, but never gave me an update and did not reply to my next email asking for one. Fortunately, my STOP did show up. Rolling Eyes

It seems like the Win-Health service is either really GREAT or really BAD...the great seems to outweigh the bad fortunately, but that doesn't help the few of us in the bad bucket. Fortunately, I ordered a couple extra STOP gels so I don't have to order anything for a while.

Here is Roy's email address: roy.wooldridge@win-health.com

You might also want to consider emailing the manufacturer directly, or maybe ask one of the EDS members that have fallen into the great (mpstat,toby,kassy_a) bucket to email your questions on your behalf.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:

TIA for any help.

Cabrita, why don't you write exactly what you want to ask here, and then I'll copy and paste it into an email.. I have an ongoing email with my order # for Roy, and he has answered all of my inquiries within hours.. Worth a shot! Also, there is a good chance he will see your inquiry here, because they have the link to it now..

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
****2nd treatment*****

Wishful thinking is a terrible thing.. I am *feeling* like things are tingly and should be looking tighter, but nothing visible yet.

I gave myself a good going over twice on high, except for the brow and undereye which I did on medium.. It took about 45 minutes..

Just for the hell of it, I tried oil on my left hand, but the skin didn't heat up at all. The oil they used in the study, must have a salt in it, and I didn't try that....YET!

Usually my skin is very responsive to gadgets, so I'm hoping within the next several treatments, I'll notice something.. After my conversation with Halina, I decided to take her advice and do it every other day..

I'll keep you all updated!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
After my conversation with Halina, I decided to take her advice and do it every other day..

Kassy, can you please fill us in on why Halina thinks every other day is better than the manufacturer's recommendation of 2x a week? Does she have some clinical info in support of this approach?

It reminds me of users dermarolling more frequently just because they like the look of plumped up skin (and think they are getting results which are really just inflammation), even though ongoing inflammation can accelerate skin aging. But hopefully that is not the case in this instance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
After my conversation with Halina, I decided to take her advice and do it every other day..

Kassy, can you please fill us in on why Halina thinks every other day is better than the manufacturer's recommendation of 2x a week? Does she have some clinical info in support of this approach?

She mentioned that the website and the little manufacturer's booklet has some conflicting information regarding frequency of treatments. She has been in contact with the manufacturer, and an updated manual is in the works.

As far as frequency of treatments, she said the best + quickest results, for her and other users, were with every other day treatments.. I didn't think to ask her if there is clinical data to support her claim. I do remember reading in her blog on the website, that she uses the STOP every other day.. I did ask her if using it everyday would be a help or a hindrance, and she explained it's best to have a day (or two) between treatments, for the healing/building process to work most efficiently. Her specific recommendation to me was to treat every other day for the first 8 weeks, and then 3 times over a two week period thereafter.. BUT, (and there's always a but) she said if the 3 times in two weeks doesn't feel like enough, do it more frequently..

Hopefully she will see your inquiry here and respond if she signed up yet.. Otherwise, maybe Toby could post her email address and you could drop her a line.. I only have Roy's..

cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thx to Toby & Denny for pming me Halina & Roy's addy's. I have e-mailed Halina and am waiting for her response.

I am also reposting my original spec ?'s from 1/17 as Kassy suggested. (thx Kassy & feel free to ck with Roy directly also)

Here it is:

I have looked around & cannot seem to find some specs I need.

1. Maximum Output Power

2. Output Frequency

3. Modulation if any

I see this info is available for the apollo & the regen, but can't find for the Stop.

I am concerned re the possibility of fat loss & additionally DNA damage.

Would also like to know "if' th Stop os modulated any studies done to show there is no DNA damage being done.

Thx again!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |