Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
For those that have Dr. Yarosh's book called The New Science of Perfect Skin, you might want to pop it open to page 228 and read up on his view of professional level radio frequency treatments.

In a nutshell, he thinks it can ultimately degrade collagen, which is counter productive in the long run. Shock He put the Titan laser in this same category.

Quote:
Bottom Line: Radiofrequency devices are no miracle advance over lasers. They have the disadvantage of generating heat, which is painful and may induce collagen-digesting enzymes, and the benefits are no better than the alternatives. This seems like a technology in search of a treatment, and it is not recommended.

Bethany- I looked at a preview of the book on line, but the part that was available did not contain any citations to scientific studies supporting Dr. Yarosh's hypothesis. Do you have access to his footnotes? I have to say that I was very happy with my Titan treatments (it heats with infrared rather than laser or radio, but the mechanism is still heat), particularly because I saw instant permanent results (the collagen shrinkage effect) without visible trauma other than transient redness that could be covered by makeup. Results without downtime made it more than "a technology in search of a treatment," as far as I'm concerned, and I do think the Titan also increased my collagen production over a six month period. The only downside is that it is so damn expensive; otherwise, I'd be having it every year. Sad That's why I'm watching your experience with STOP with such interest. I still wonder if an at-home unit lacking an epidermal cooling feature can heat the reticular dermal collagen sufficiently to shrink it. (I.e. Will the jeans shrink if the dryer is set on low?) Toby's experience seems to indicate it can. And there's always the hope of increased collagen production. What are you looking for on your face to see if that has occurred?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I think that, although I don't personally own a Stop machine, I have two close friends who do and they both swear by it, and so I think Dr. Yarosh opinion is probably valid for him based on his experience, but I doubt he has had access to the Stop Machine or worked with people who used it for the suggested treatmetn plan/timing to really be able to give a proper opinion and evaluation of it. Different strokes for different folks after all. What does he think are the key antiagers then (is he against facial exercise as well Bad Grin )

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I did my fifth treatment last night (at a snail's pace) and today my skin feels tight and tingly. However, my face doesn't look lifted at all. My skin has also broken out so I don't know whether it's from the cream or a reaction to the heat from the device.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents - once a month or so (you can guess when), I get a zit on or around my chin. I've got a gadget, Zeno, that applies heat directly to the pimple for 2 minutes. The theory is that the heat kills the bacteria. It definitely works - 2-3 treatments spaced four hours apart will eliminate the problem. Which is just my way of suggesting that heat probably isn't causing the breakout. (Could be wrong, been wrong before, but I'm just sayin'...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I also noticed that Stop helps with occasional breakouts.

In general that is the expected behaviour - the beauticians sometimes apply paraffin mask to help the breakouts, which is working by providing continuous heat and either bringing it to the surface or dissolving.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
Treatment #10 down....2 more and I will be on maintenance.

But do you have anything to maintain? Very Happy

LOL...maybe my slight skin tightening? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Keliu wrote:
I did my fifth treatment last night (at a snail's pace) and today my skin feels tight and tingly. However, my face doesn't look lifted at all. My skin has also broken out so I don't know whether it's from the cream or a reaction to the heat from the device.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents - once a month or so (you can guess when), I get a zit on or around my chin. I've got a gadget, Zeno, that applies heat directly to the pimple for 2 minutes. The theory is that the heat kills the bacteria. It definitely works - 2-3 treatments spaced four hours apart will eliminate the problem. Which is just my way of suggesting that heat probably isn't causing the breakout. (Could be wrong, been wrong before, but I'm just sayin'...)

I have the Zeno and never use it, sigh (more wsted $$$). But the heat kills the bacteria, avoiding a full on zit. The STOP should work in the same way. But you must catch it early for the Zeno to work.

On the flip side of that, if you already have a clogged pore under the skin, the heating of the skin will open the pore and cause the gook to rise to the top and come to a head earlier. I definitely saw some minor purging when I first started using STOP.

I actually plan on timing my STOP monthly maintenance treatments around my cycle...I can tighten skin AND slay zits in one treatment! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I totally agree with the heat kills bacteria theory - I have a DermaWand and believe it's wonderful for treating zits. My skin has totally cleared up now and after having done my 7th treatment last night, my husband said this morning that my skin is looking really smooth. My other half regards my skin care antics with a great deal of amusement and tends to give a constant running commentary, which at times isn't that helpful - so any compliments are taken with a great deal of relief by me! I think that the breakout might have been due to some kind of purging (I think Bethany also had a similar experience).

I've also stopped worrying about the cream as it seems to totally sink into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy feel, it actually doesn't even feel moisturising. I'm only using it on the nights I do the treatments though.

Tessera, I'm gad you were pleased with your Titan treatment. I was reading about it last night and it says that it takes a few months to see the real benefit - I'm hoping that this will be the case with STOP also. But your analogy of the jeans in the dryer is very pertinent - whether a home device that packs much less of a punch is going to be as effective as a professional treatment is yet to be seen. But at least we can do regular treatments.

Incidentally, I have barely made a dent in my jar of gel. I apply it in about four dots then spread it around, my face becomes instantly very warm - I then massage it all over very thinly.

As of now, still not seeing any significant lifting - but am very pleased with the way my skin is looking

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
bethany wrote:
For those that have Dr. Yarosh's book called The New Science of Perfect Skin, you might want to pop it open to page 228 and read up on his view of professional level radio frequency treatments.

In a nutshell, he thinks it can ultimately degrade collagen, which is counter productive in the long run. Shock He put the Titan laser in this same category.

Quote:
Bottom Line: Radiofrequency devices are no miracle advance over lasers. They have the disadvantage of generating heat, which is painful and may induce collagen-digesting enzymes, and the benefits are no better than the alternatives. This seems like a technology in search of a treatment, and it is not recommended.

Bethany- I looked at a preview of the book on line, but the part that was available did not contain any citations to scientific studies supporting Dr. Yarosh's hypothesis. Do you have access to his footnotes? I have to say that I was very happy with my Titan treatments (it heats with infrared rather than laser or radio, but the mechanism is still heat), particularly because I saw instant permanent results (the collagen shrinkage effect) without visible trauma other than transient redness that could be covered by makeup. Results without downtime made it more than "a technology in search of a treatment," as far as I'm concerned, and I do think the Titan also increased my collagen production over a six month period. The only downside is that it is so damn expensive; otherwise, I'd be having it every year. Sad That's why I'm watching your experience with STOP with such interest. I still wonder if an at-home unit lacking an epidermal cooling feature can heat the reticular dermal collagen sufficiently to shrink it. (I.e. Will the jeans shrink if the dryer is set on low?) Toby's experience seems to indicate it can. And there's always the hope of increased collagen production. What are you looking for on your face to see if that has occurred?

I didn't see any footnotes for that chapter at all. And I haven't done any research on Titan, which is technically an infrared unit. So I also didn't agree or disagree with him, since I have never tried a professional RF unit or the Titan laser myself. Very Happy

As far as my STOP results, I am looking for a few things, and am taking pictures weekly.

- Decreased Fine Lines...I do not expect to see progress here for a number of months. It took 4 months for me to see a significant improvement after dermarolling, and I will allot the same amount of time for STOP. I have already proven (to myself) that any early improvement I saw was purely due to inflammation. But I am seeing the same very tiny little bumps that I saw after dermarolling, which leads me to believe/hope that my skin may be undergoing a similar remodeling process.

- Skin Tightening...I have seen some subtle tightening thus far on my jowls and neck, but nothing to the degree of Toby's results. (darn it) This is where I personally anticipate the tool having the most value for me.

- Overall Skin Appearance....I obviously do not want to see any decline in my skin as a result of using the STOP. Unfortunately, at this point my skin is definitely looking worse than when I started (more fine lines than before) Shock though I have not changed my skin routine in any way since adding the STOP. But I attribute the decline to possible skin dehydration due to the heat associated with the treatment, and am ramping up my moisturizer usage (I typically use it 0-1x a week max).

I'll keep everyone posted as I progress...I have 2 more treatments, and then will take a 2-4 week break.

HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
As far as my STOP results, I am looking for a few things, and am taking pictures weekly.

- Decreased Fine Lines...I do not expect to see progress here for a number of months. It took 4 months for me to see a significant improvement after dermarolling, and I will allot the same amount of time for STOP. I have already proven (to myself) that any early improvement I saw was purely due to inflammation. But I am seeing the same very tiny little bumps that I saw after dermarolling, which leads me to believe/hope that my skin may be undergoing a similar remodeling process.

- Skin Tightening...I have seen some subtle tightening thus far on my jowls and neck, but nothing to the degree of Toby's results. (darn it) This is where I personally anticipate the tool having the most value for me.

- Overall Skin Appearance....I obviously do not want to see any decline in my skin as a result of using the STOP. Unfortunately, at this point my skin is definitely looking worse than when I started (more fine lines than before) Shock though I have not changed my skin routine in any way since adding the STOP. But I attribute the decline to possible skin dehydration due to the heat associated with the treatment, and am ramping up my moisturizer usage (I typically use it 0-1x a week max).

I'll keep everyone posted as I progress...I have 2 more treatments, and then will take a 2-4 week break.

HTH!

Thanks, Bethany. Your observations are so meticulously detailed, it's a huge help AND a fun read at the same time. Especially impressive considering your lack of spare time, due to the demands of your job as... um... choreographer for the Cirque du Soleil. What to do with all those insanely flexible people! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, Kassy drinks a glass of water before and after the LED treatment. Do you think that would help with the dehydration with STOP?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Bethany, Kassy drinks a glass of water before and after the LED treatment. Do you think that would help with the dehydration with STOP?

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

Being well hydrated before + after any practice that involves the skin or muscles is always a good idea, but when it involves "heat" it's really a must..

IMHO of course! .. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Thanks, Bethany. Your observations are so meticulously detailed, it's a huge help AND a fun read at the same time. Especially impressive considering your lack of spare time, due to the demands of your job as... um... choreographer for the Cirque du Soleil. What to do with all those insanely flexible people! Cool

EDS is actually how I wind down from all the crazy work...it's a little escape for me. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
miss anna wrote:

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

Being well hydrated before + after any practice that involves the skin or muscles is always a good idea, but when it involves "heat" it's really a must..

IMHO of course! .. Wink

I drank a glass before my 11th treatment tonight, and I am drinking an even bigger one now that my treatment is over. I may have to get up and use the bathroom a gazillion times tonight though. Laughing

And has anyone else noticed that the gel actually tastes pretty good? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I'm seeing what it can do for the skin just above the knees and the upper inner thighs. Doing half way up the thigh, from the centre of the leg to the inner thigh. It only took half an hour to do all the areas. Once the orange light goes on it stays on for the whole treatment time.

Mishey, once I start my maintenance break for my face, I may entertain myself by trying it on the underside of my upper arms.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
[

And has anyone else noticed that the gel actually tastes pretty good? Embarassed

Bethany, are you that hungry! I know you've been losing weight so I figure if you're on a diet maybe anything tastes good. Laughing
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:49 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Mishey wrote:
I'm seeing what it can do for the skin just above the knees and the upper inner thighs. Doing half way up the thigh, from the centre of the leg to the inner thigh. It only took half an hour to do all the areas. Once the orange light goes on it stays on for the whole treatment time.

Mishey, once I start my maintenance break for my face, I may entertain myself by trying it on the underside of my upper arms.

Excellent!!! Very Happy
That's one of the places I'm dying to try it on but can't till I finish with the rolling.

Have you noticed abit of loose skin there after losing some weight?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, are you that hungry! I know you've been losing weight so I figure if you're on a diet maybe anything tastes good. Laughing

LOL....that was a good one! I haven't resorted to purposely eating it yet, but I never say never! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
bethany wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Excellent!!! Very Happy
That's one of the places I'm dying to try it on but can't till I finish with the rolling.

Have you noticed abit of loose skin there after losing some weight?

Just a little bit, but I'm thinking that it might be a good preventative option since I have 20 more lbs to go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Just checking in with my 12th treatment report, and I'm afraid no news is good news for me.. (Did the 12th on Thurs. and waited till today in the hopes something positive would happen.)

The simple truth is my entire eye area is now loose and crepy, and I have more pronounced NL area + jowls. Under my chin, and that front part of my neck, is starting to look how it did a year ago.

I am going to do 3 more treatments over the next week or so, in the hopes that I am just a late bloomer.. Rolling Eyes (Although at this point, I'm *almost* resigned to the fact, that I am in the minority that doesn't respond to RF treatments)

Also I would like you gals to know that I have only used my LED once per week, used the Derma Wand twice since mid-January, and haven't used the Tua Viso in the last few weeks.. I've also put the exercise and massage on hold the last couple of weeks... I wanted to really give this a shot on it's own, so I wouldn't have to guess at what was giving the result, or lack there of in this case..

I'm a little concerned with this regression backwards that I'm seeing, but will give the STOP the benefit of the doubt, and see where I am at the 15th treatment.

BTW, I've been using the STOP on the loose underside of my arms, and haven't had any changes there after 6 treatments..

But the bright side, is at least the gel tastes good! (Beth, you just know I had to have a lick after reading your post.. Embarassed :lol: )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Kassy, that doesn't sound very good. I guess you've wondered if the regression is because you've cut down on the other treatments and the actual benefits of STOP haven't kicked in yet.

Also, I've read that many users have only recently slowed down (having previously moved the device based on the speed shown in the DVD). Maybe if you've only started moving it slowly, you need to recalculate from when you did. Am I making sense? Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lordy Anna, I've tried slow, ultra slow, and now fast on the 2nd pass.. It would be nice if we could get a straight answer on that though.. 1st we're told a "snails pace" over and over, and now I get from Halina "are you sure you're moving it fast enough"....

On another note, just curious if anybody found a $15.91 "Foreign Transaction Finance Fee" on their CC statement, along with the $530.51 STOP charge?

I wish this damn thing would work already.. Sad

BTW, my adorable Mr Kassy has agreed to let me give the STOP a go on him, and post his picture if it works... His exact words were; "Anything for the lovely ladies of EDS, but my picture might send them all packing" ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah! for Mr. Kassy Now he is a REAL ladies man! Very Happy Kassy don't tell him I said that or it might go to his head Shock Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Yeah! for Mr. Kassy Now he is a REAL ladies man! Very Happy Kassy don't tell him I said that or it might go to his head Shock Laughing
Toby

*UPDATE*

Since nothing comes without a catch, just want to let you know, that I have to pay dearly, for the full treatment of Mr Kassy..

I'm off to pour a glass of Pinot for me, a sctoch and water for his highness, and do what I do best, *before* the STOP treatment.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

And you guys thought I only new how to make a great C Serum.......Image

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin See you brats in a few hours ... (No quickies for this old broad.. Laughing )

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Since nothing comes without a catch, just want to let you know, that I have to pay dearly, for the full treatment of Mr Kassy..

I'm off to pour a glass of Pinot for me, a sctoch and water for his highness, and do what I do best, *before* the STOP treatment.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your dedication to this Forum knows no bounds and has been duly noted and appreciated. However, I feel you have definitely gone above and beyond the call of duty!

I'm up to my 8th treatment and must say that I think my skin is looking the best its looked in a while. I feel my skin looks smoother and tighter, however, I can't see any lifting in the jowl area. The plump smoothness could be from inflammation of course, but there is no redness at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
You guys aren't going to believe this but tonight my husband and I went to supper and he looked real closely at me and said what have you been doing to your face Shock I guess he hadn't really looked at me in the last two months Laughing Anyway I shared all the happenings with the stop and he said he believed he needed to have a treatment or two Rolling Eyes So tonight Mr. Toby is going to get a treatment......might not be the same treatment Mr. Kassy's getting(Kassy there is no way I am going to compete with you girlfriend)The stop treatment is the only thing on my agenda Laughing
Toby

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |