Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
*****Just a little update*****

I emailed Colleen again early this afternoon, after seeing what mpstat had posted from Colleen this morning..

I re-sent the pictures in a new email, and also copied 3 EDS friends this time..

I heard from Colleen within a few hours acknowledging that she recieved my email, and she said she will get back to me at length tomorrow.

I will keep you all posted on whatever I hear. In the mean time, if the "3 muskateers" want to confirm or dispute what I've shared so far after seeing my pictures, feel free.

Cheers Kiddie's!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I can confirm that Kassy's pics definitely showed a degradation in the appearance of her skin. Sad (sorry Kassy!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. I hope that the other things that you usually do will help your skin go back to normal. Seeing your pictures on the AALS thread totally sold me on the product. I would love look as good as you by the time I'm 40. Please post and let us know if you're getting better and what helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I can confirm that Kassy's pics definitely showed a degradation in the appearance of her skin. Sad (sorry Kassy!)

Toby here....the second of the "3 muskateers" and yes Kassy assessment is correct. My hope is that we can find some answers as to why the Stop device can work so well for some and not for others. Here is to waiting Anxious
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:

Toby here....the second of the "3 muskateers" and yes Kassy assessment is correct. My hope is that we can find some answers as to why the Stop device can work so well for some and not for others. Here is to waiting Anxious
Toby

The third confirmation, and the same question. Why there is such disparity in outcomes.... hmm
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
The third confirmation, and the same question. Why there is such disparity in outcomes.... hmm

I think that warrants a MUCH more flexible return policy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Well it's scaring the bejeebers out of me. I'm abit scared to go on with the STOP on my thighs. Saggy thigh skin? No freakin way!

I'm gonna sit and think on this for abit.
Has there been many others with a detrimental result so far? I'm really only remembering some with no result at all. And Bethany with a bit of a dehydrated look. Hopefully poor Kassy is a one off.

Any others???
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm not seeing anything negative - on the other hand, I'm not seeing any positive results either. Which is pretty much what I was expecting - which brings me back to my theory on the placebo effect - I wonder if we all get the results we think we're going to get? Shock But I'll say it again - Thermage and other professional RF treatments didn't deliver the results they promised in allot of cases, so it's not really surprising that the STOP doesn't either. I'm still hoping I'll see something down the track.

Kassy - did you post your "after" pics on this thread, if you did I can't remember seeing them. Or perhaps you could send them to me - I'd be interested to see what's happened. Is your skin starting to bounce back now that you've stopped the STOP?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy:

Do you think your results with STOP were truly negative; or could your results be due a decline from stopping all the other gadgets you were using before STOP? I am wondering if using the STOP plus all your other gadgets would have any cumulative positive effects.

It would be nice if this worked for everyone . . . I would like to try it to see if I am one of the 'responders' but not at that price ! It would be great to rent these things out, like taking books from the library.

mpstat wrote:
Toby wrote:
bethany wrote:

Toby

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Well it's scaring the bejeebers out of me. I'm abit scared to go on with the STOP on my thighs. Saggy thigh skin? No freakin way!

I'm gonna sit and think on this for abit.
Has there been many others with a detrimental result so far? I'm really only remembering some with no result at all. And Bethany with a bit of a dehydrated look. Hopefully poor Kassy is a one off.

Any others???

LuvToSmile wrote:
... It would be nice if this worked for everyone . . . I would like to try it to see if I am one of the 'responders' but not at that price ! It would be great to rent these things out, like taking books from the library.

Stop is not designed for the body, it is designed for the face and neck. The company is going to produce a device specifically for other parts of the body. If you are interested in thigh treatments you might want to wait for those body units.

Those hesitant to get Stop because it might not work for them, there is an option to check how your body responds to RF. You can get a RF treatment at a spa, and see how you respond to it. This will give you an idea how you might respond to Stop which is RF device for consumers, e.g. a weaker device then used in spas.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
LuvToSmile, I also wondered if stopping the other devices had anything to do with it also, but I don't think so, because the only thing I've ever used consistently was the LED. In fact there were 7 weeks throughout the holiday time that I only used it 1 or 2 times, and nothing like this happened..(My skin got that tired kind of dull look, but nothing mushy and saggy like I'm experiencing now.)

The only other thing I used a couple of times a week from December throuh mid January was the Tua Viso + some facial massage. I didn't notice anything significant while using it, but I only used it a short time.. Maybe I should add the TV back a couple of times per week, and see it it helps.. Confused

I am hoping that all of this is just coincidental, and the dreaded aging process has just taken over. The good thing (or not so much for me Sad ), is I'm the only one this has happened to. It would be so much worse if this happened to one of you younger girls.

Hopefully I'll get some insight when Colleen replies to my email sometime today. I have asked her to 'please show the Dr my pictures, because I'd appreciate his input' (Great idea Toby, thanks!)

I feel like I am in a very awkward situation, and I'm so sorry that I was responsible for bringing this negativism to the thread... I suppose I could have sat back quietly, not made waves + waited to see if anybody else was having the same experience, but those of you who know me well know I could never do that..

Keliu, I puposely didn't share the photos in the thread because 1. I want to give the STOP folks the benefit of the doubt, and every opportunity to help me rectify the situation I'm in, and 2. It's not fair to confuse our members who are happily using STOP, or even intimidate someone who is planning to buy or use STOP, because it might be just the thing for a great many of you.

Hopoefully I will remain "the one off" as Mishey so eloquently put it.. Embarassed ... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, It's really important that you DID come forward and say something. People should know that there is a risk - maybe they'll get incredible results or on the downside sagging. I think most people want to go in with their eyes wide open. I think it is awful if people sit back and say nothing because some people are getting great results and they feel awkward about "rocking the boat" on a positive thread. Most of us on the board are seeking the TRUTH in what works and what doesn't, so you speaking out was just you giving the TRUTH about how it worked out for you. I hope you and others will continue to do that, no matter who has endorsed a product or how much success someone else may be having. I wasn't having as negative results as you (no sagging) BUT I was looking dehydrated (I guess) and just not looking good. Within about 8 days of stopping, I began to look better. Who knows, if I had continued, maybe eventually I would have gotten sagging, and it just would have taken longer due to being younger than you. I took your story to heart, and have completely stopped since I could see this device was not working out in a positive way for me. Continued risk (both pos/neg) just wasn't worth it to me. Thank you for sharing - never be afraid to say it like it is!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, the only people who would NOT want you to come forward with any negative feedback would be people who have a financial interest in seeing only postive feedback.

And we really don't care what they think anyway...this is a forum for independent feedback, period. No apologies are needed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu, I puposely didn't share the photos in the thread because 1. I want to give the STOP folks the benefit of the doubt, and every opportunity to help me rectify the situation I'm in, and 2. It's not fair to confuse our members who are happily using STOP, or even intimidate someone who is planning to buy or use STOP, because it might be just the thing for a great many of you.

I think it is VERY important for all members to share their results. And, negative results are more important in my opinion than the positive ones. Everything we put on our skin or every device we use, there will be some who have great results, and other will have no results; that is just the nature of all of this stuff. I have been sitting on the side lines watching all of you, and, Kassy, after your results, I would not buy the STOP. You maybe right, and you may be the only one that has this reaction, but I am grateful to you for speaking up because the possibility is there for everyone/anyone to have the same reaction.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for your feedback. I value all of the opinions you have shared, and for the encouragment to just tell the truth (good or bad.)

We all know that nothing works for everybody exactly the same way, so it really is best to have it *all* out in the open, so folks can make an informed decision based on *all* reviews.

I'm still giving the STOP folks the benefit of the doubt, and patiently waiting for a response.

I will keep everyone posted!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
An email just came through from Colleen;

Dear Kathy

I spoke with our clinical department and other than with any technology there are a certain percentage of non-responders and claims of aggravation. But in your case they do not see any explanation for aggravation. Due to the fact that you did see some positive response in the forehead area, she believes that you might be a slow responder to the technology and would need more time to see the full results.

As this treatment is very individual, which we can see just from the differences in the results between those users of STOP in the forum. Especially with immediate results, some notice the tightening and smoothness straight off from the first treatment and there are others that it has taken much longer to see any results. A slow responder to the technology is also a part of the treatment being very individual due to all types of factors, from age to the state of the skin when beginning treatment. This is the case with varying technologies in the professional treatment world as well.

So to sum up, the clinical department believes that more time would be needed to see results, and that they will come because of the fact that you have see a slight improvement in one area. So if you can focus on the positive part of the treatment and continue the treatment for a bit longer, they do think that you will see more improvement to come.

I do hope that this answers your question with regards to the results. If you feel you would like to ask any further questions or have any comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to pass this through our clinical department and Dr. Azar prior to answering you.

I have attached the ‘New User Techniques’ document for your review, but you mentioned that I sent you a lengthy email with treatment information so this will probably look like an overview of the email that sent to you at an earlier stage.

STOP™ Preparation Gel is uniquely formulated to prepare your skin for the transference of TriPollar™ RF energy and ensures that it reaches the correct depth (down to the dermal layer only, no farther). By not using STOP™ Preparation Gel or by using any substitute material can impede treatment effectiveness and safety.

Regarding the dryness, I am sure you are but I must ask; are you making sure to use the After Treatment Cream following each treatment?

Again, please contact me should you like to discuss any of these issues further.

With kindest regards,

Colleen

And my reply:

Hi Colleen,

Just want to reiterate that I have only used the "Gel" and "Cream" that came with the STOP, and used them faithfully each time.

How can you now advise me to continue with treatments, when I've had such significant damage? When would the turnaround time be? How could I be sure I wouldn't get further damage? Thanks but no thanks!

I do not feel at all reassured, and am quite disappointed with this response.

You have left me with little alternative but to post my dilemma, including pictures, on the Forum, so my friends can all see my "claims of aggravation". Above all else, I do not want to see this happen to anybody else. Thankfully, I am the only one so far.

I would also suggest that something be put in place with a decent return policy for those who would like to still give STOP a try. As it stands now I don't think many people are willing to part with almost $600 USD on a product that the company doesn't feel confident enough to offer a money back guarantee on. Shame, shame, shame!

Kathy

-------Original Message-------

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well Kassy it seems they have no idea why this has happened. Rolling Eyes
And I assume you will NOT be doing any more treatments. I really can't imagine that more time is all that is needed simply because of a tiny improvement in the forehead, when the rest of the face has gone BACKWARDS.

MP I'm using the STOP on the thigh skin. I understand it doesn't penetrate deep enough to effect the fat layers, and the next STOP machine will. I'm not expecting or even wanting this one to as I'm also working on the area just above the knees. I'm only looking at the effects on the skin. It's getting some positive results on hand skin so I don't see why not on the legs.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Those hesitant to get Stop because it might not work for them, there is an option to check how your body responds to RF. You can get a RF treatment at a spa, and see how you respond to it. This will give you an idea how you might respond to Stop which is RF device for consumers, e.g. a weaker device then used in spas.

I don't know how much these kinds of treatments are in other countries, but in Australia I paid $4,000 for a Thermage treatment. That's allot of money to pay to find out whether a $400 gadget is going to work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Yes, they should definitely lengthen the time frame for their return policy. And, even if they delete the link to this thread from their website, ESD still turns up on search engines when people want to investigate items like STOP, so the information will get out there. The company might therefore be forced to lengthen the terms of their return policy to keep the product moving. It would certainly show good faith if they did, especially while they are trying to work out the initial kinks in it.

I am thinking about paying full price for the fat-zapping machine coming out, but I'm afraid of the return policy. I think I'm going to write a letter to them about it. If anyone else feels so inspired, they might want to also. We might get a better deal going for ourselves, and Kassy too.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
mpstat wrote:

I don't know how much these kinds of treatments are in other countries, but in Australia I paid $4,000 for a Thermage treatment. That's allot of money to pay to find out whether a $400 gadget is going to work.

Salon treatments are not cheap, but they give sometime one free treatment to see how it works, and prices vary depending on the procedure. Long ago a salon offered me a complimentary RF treatment with Accent like device. I did it on my thighs, and had good results right after this first time, so I knew that I respond well to RF. The same salon offered a small package of RF treatments for about $600.

Since salon treatments are normally pricey it is one of the reasons that I like to own Stop, it paid for itself long ago. At the same time for people trying to decide if they want to get Stop they can either ask salon for a one time complimentary treatment, or have one or two treatments done for a payment. I think small areas like face run for about $100 per treatment, and there are no guarantees either.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ya'll!

I have recieved numerous PM's + IM's this week asking to see my before + after STOP pictures.. (Trying to figure out why none of you are posting your requests here in fact..) Anyhoo, for what they are worth here are a couple of pictures that I've shared personally with a few EDS buds. The last picture of my *new* dreaded neck makes it's debut here right now.. Argh!

As far as an update, I would only add that I'm still experiencing a decline, and my jawline and neck get looser by the day.. Perhaps it's from the STOP, or perhaps my 59 years are just catching up overnight.. I'll leave the WTH's to your judgement;

Just before STOP

After 11 STOP treatments

Just before STOP (This has always been my worst side.)

After 11 STOP treatments

And the most recent picture, which made me know enough was enough

These are pictures I'm willing to share with you guys, so you can see what could *possibly* be the detrimental effects of STOP... We all know that nothing works the same for all of us, so please just accept these pictures for what they show, and use your own judgement for what is in your best interest..

Keep in mind that I am the only one (that I know of here) who has had this very negative effect.. A couple of gals have had great results, some are still not sure what the heck is going on, and other's no change one way or the other..

I hope this is useful to all of you, because it was not at all easy to share this very upsetting decline.

Kathy

simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised

You should not only get your $$ back you should sue this stop company kassy ...I am shocked....This happened after 12 treatments and they are saying you should continue with that?

I am really sorry that you have to go though all this but this is horrible...Please go back to your AALS and facial exercises so you can undo this damage hopefully....

I did not see any difference little more lines deeper under my eyes and I stopped using it there after few treatments but Nothing this detrimental what you have experienced...

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Kassy that is UNREAL!! As I said to you in my pm you definitely should have your $ refunded & after seeing these I would concur - you should also contemplate a lawsuit! Though from having gone there in the past it may not be worth it!

I am so very sorry for you with all the work I know you have done on your skin to end up with this result.

Perhaps the AALS, facial exercise & vigorous massage can return you to your previous condition.
(which I might add looked mighty fine - never would have guessed you age Smile Shock )

At any rate I do wish you a rapid recovery from this & please keep us posted re your progress!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
It is quite unbelievable that the same treatment produced such different results that we have seen on Toby's and Kassy's pictures! We know that we can respond differently to the same treatments, for example I had terrible experience with CPs while others got good outcome. Sad Kassy thank you for sharing your results. I have no doubts that you will be able to restore your skin to the glorious condition, and wish you speedy recovery!!! Image
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised

You should not only get your $$ back you should sue this stop company kassy ...I am shocked....This happened after 12 treatments and they are saying you should continue with that?

I am really sorry that you have to go though all this but this is horrible...Please go back to your AALS and facial exercises so you can undo this damage hopefully....

I did not see any difference little more lines deeper under my eyes and I stopped using it there after few treatments but Nothing this detrimental what you have experienced...

The 1st negative experience I had was a deepening of the lines under my eyes.. Things then got progressively worse from there..

I am just now getting back to the AALS with regularity, but I really think the damage I have now is beyond what any LED can rectify..

I will keep everyone posted through this new journey though, no matter what the outcome..

As for the STOP people doing anything to rectify this, I would just leave it all to you to re read the email response I recieved.. It's obvious to me they don't give a shittay, and weren't the least bit sympathetic...

Hugs to ya'll, from the "slow responder, with claims of aggravation"... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |