Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Then to add insult to injury, it was insinuated in an email from Halina, that it must have been my fault, and I shouldn't be saying all this in the forum...*It's detrimental to her business afterall*

For clarity's sake....this is Halina from Win-Health where most of us bought our units.

I think it's safe to say that she crossed the line there. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would imagine that the advice to use only the STOP gel and cream is simply a marketing ploy to make us continue buying the stuff. No company that wants to sell its products is going to recommend buying or using something else. I would point out that Nuskin works the same way - it is only recommended to use the Galvanic Spa device with their own treatment gels.

I would also take Helina's advice with a pinch of salt - she simply works for the company selling the device. She does not work for STOP, nor does she have any expertise in RF technology to be able to give serious or informed advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just popping in with a thought or six;

1. I only used the gel and cream that came with the device for all 15 treatments.. Just want to clarify that.

2. If the device is dependant on that specific gel to be the only protection to keep the heat from reaching too deeply into the dermis, that would be a very dangerous thing in my humble opinion. (The ingredients listed are nothing magical, so perhaps it isn't full disclosure.)

3. From what I recall of this thread 2 had great results, 1 had good results, 1 had disastrous results (me), a couple noticed dry, dehydrated skin with a couple more wrinkles, and the remainder haven't had any changes good or bad. (That's my recollection anyhoo.)

I would really suggest that those of you who are interested in buying the STOP, get in touch with the manufacturer in droves, and insist that the only way you will purchase, is if a decent satisfaction guarantee is put in place.

For me it was $570. in the crapper, and nothing but damage to show for it... It would have softened the blow a bit, if I could have returned it for a refund. It was a good lesson learned though, and I will never again by a product from a company that doesn't have faith enough, to stand behind said product with a fair return policy.. Then to add insult to injury, it was insinuated in an email from Halina, that it must have been my fault, and I shouldn't be saying all this in the forum...*It's detrimental to her business afterall*

Well they are all reading this forum, so hopefully someone will change a few things for the better for you guys..

Also keep in mind that I am to date a minority of "1" (on this forum), but it might do wonders for many others out there.. Wink

Geeze Kassy, I called the STOP a piece of Cr*p and I didn't get an email. What makes you so special? Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
STOP is a Piece of CRAP and that Halaina can go to hell with it looking all pretty..The company is a rip off...do not buy from these people...

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I CANNOT BELIEVE Halina from Win-Health, is trying to shut you up, Kassy! She really wants to hide this from people! It sounds like she will keep on peddling this to people, taking their money, and not warning them. In fact, she is probably just telling them it's done great things for people. The TRUTH needs to be out there. Good for you Kassy for keeping everyone informed as to the RISKS (I know the results are varied. We actually have a pretty small sampling on this forum (of people who have tried it), and for even 1 person to have disastrous results is pretty significant.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I really am upset about is the insinuations from both parties, that this is somehow my fault, or must have been caused by something else.. (THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE USED DURING MY 6 WEEKS OF STOP TREATMENTS!!!!) Some of you may remember my saying I was testing this device on it's own, so I would know for sure what results I could attribute to the STOP.

Even the good Dr, who was shown my pictures and read my emails, had no answers for me, and no suggestions of how to undue any of this damage.. In fact, he had no words for me at all. The only advise I recieved (from others) was; 'continue the treatments, because you must be a slow responder'... Shock 'with claims of aggravation'... Bad Grin

As for Halina (or anyone from STOP) trying to shut me up ... Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin (That opportunity slipped through their collective fingers, when they kicked me to the curb.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
So, we've had about 3 months to make an assessment and draw some basic conclusions about the STOP device:

1] Stop does not work for everyone (which we all knew from the start, but it bears mentioning anyway)

2] Short of actually buying the device and testing it, there is no way to know if you will be among those it a] helps, b] harms (I use the term loosely), or c] has no effect on.

3] When buying from WinHealth, you have no recourse at all if you get no results, OR detrimental results that leave you looking worse. Customer service seemed fine sometimes, but terrible other times.

Summary: Stop may or may not work for you, but now that there are other options, it's probably safest to steer clear of WinHealth and find a vendor with a return policy and more consistently helpful customer service.

I'm definitely holding on to my money at this point, but I'm still interested in what will happen as this gadget becomes more popular, what the overall results will be, etc. I'm also curious as to how long it will be until a competitor makes a cheaper (and possibly better quality) knock-off. In fact, until that happens, it may never really get off the ground, considering the dismal economy.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick update from the "Minimal Results at Best" segment....

I have moved to Maintenance, which recommends a treatment every 2-4 weeks, and the dryness seems to be dissipating...which means my skin finally looks better. Confused

Quote:
Once the initial treatment course is completed, it is recommended to use STOP™ once every 2-4 weeks and as needed to maintain the long term anti agine results.
http://www.stop-age.com/faq.php#5

BTW, did you know that the Tri-Pollar BODY version called POSE is now available for pre-order? Shock It is €390.00 and comes with the gel but NOT the cream. (The price for the face version was €317.00 at Win-Health...they do not have the POSE listed yet)

The POSE product overview link:
http://www.stop-age.com/product-overview.php

The package page with the pricing:
https://www.stop-age.com/product.php?id=18

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I have moved to Maintenance, which recommends a treatment every 2-4 weeks, and the dryness seems to be dissipating...which means my skin finally looks better. Confused

I'm still holding out hope that in a few months everything will start looking fabulous again, once the collagen you've (hopefully!) generated starts making an appearance.

Quote:
BTW, did you know that the Tri-Pollar BODY version called POSE is now available for pre-order? Shock It is €390.00 and comes with the gel but NOT the cream.

You know, initially I might have been even more tempted by this than I was by the face unit, but given the expense and the varying results I think I'm going to pass Neutral

But boy, I would love something that can spot reduce surface fat and cellulite.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
... BTW, did you know that the Tri-Pollar BODY version called POSE is now available for pre-order? Shock It is €390.00 and comes with the gel but NOT the cream. (The price for the face version was €317.00 at Win-Health...they do not have the POSE listed yet)

Good news! Smile Do they sell to US? RF body treatments run at spas into high hundreds for small packages, and even into thousands. It would be good to have at home option.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:
... BTW, did you know that the Tri-Pollar BODY version called POSE is now available for pre-order? Shock It is €390.00 and comes with the gel but NOT the cream. (The price for the face version was €317.00 at Win-Health...they do not have the POSE listed yet)

Good news! Smile Do they sell to US? RF body treatments run at spas into high hundreds for small packages, and even into thousands. It would be good to have at home option.

Apparently they do not sell to the US yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

I'm still holding out hope that in a few months everything will start looking fabulous again, once the collagen you've (hopefully!) generated starts making an appearance.

I certainly haven't ruled that out yet....it took 4 months before I saw the dermaroller work it's magic. So I am giving the STOP a fair shot and the same timeline (or even a little longer), because it is certainly FAR less of a hassle to use. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ultragen came up with this body unit sooner then expected! Dancing I need to start saving for this unit now... I wonder when Win-Health starts carrying it.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am also in a maintenance mode for Stop.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yeap maintenance here with the face Very Happy and ready for body work!!!Bring on the Pose Shock !!!!! Dancing
Toby Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I received a TriPollar newsletter today with a 20% off coupon for the POSE good through May 31. It's too bad that they won't ship to the US!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I received a TriPollar newsletter today with a 20% off coupon for the POSE good through May 31. It's too bad that they won't ship to the US!

How did you get on their distribution list? I am also interested in getting a discount if they start shipping to US. Smile
sunnygirl
5% products discount

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I got a 20% off offer from the same place. So who is going to be the first to try?
I am in maintenance now too !

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I am game but I don't think they ship to the USA Crying or Very sad
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I received the email too - they're also offering 20% off STOP:

We would like to extend a 20% discount coupon on your purchase of TriPollar™ POSE™ or STOP™ until May 31, 2009. Simply use the promotion code poselaunch0309 for TriPollar™ POSE™ or promotion code poselaunch0310 for STOP™ during checkout to take advantage of this special offer.

I would contact Winhealth and inform them of this promotion and see if they are prepared to match the offer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:

How did you get on their distribution list? I am also interested in getting a discount if they start shipping to US. Smile

In the very bottom right corner, you will see a sign-up link:
http://www.stop-age.com/home.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am game but I don't think they ship to the USA Crying or Very sad
Toby

I asked Colleen about this, and she is going to look into some options for us.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Yeap maintenance here with the face Very Happy and ready for body work!!!Bring on the Pose Shock !!!!! Dancing
Toby Very Happy

Hi Everyone,

I am a new poster.

I am 49, not a lot of wrinkles but want to keep it that way. My main area I am working on is the jowl area and I am getting great results with STOP, Tua Viso, Wellbox, NuFace, Baby Quasar and New-U red and infrared light.

I am going to buy the POSE as soon as Selfridges have them in stock in Birmingham, I had some Accent RF treatment on some stubborn spot fat areas and the results were good.

Anyway, I am here and look forward to contributing.

Philip Very Happy
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
The only thing I really am upset about is the insinuations from both parties, that this is somehow my fault, or must have been caused by something else.. (THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE USED DURING MY 6 WEEKS OF STOP TREATMENTS!!!!) Some of you may remember my saying I was testing this device on it's own, so I would know for sure what results I could attribute to the STOP.

Even the good Dr, who was shown my pictures and read my emails, had no answers for me, and no suggestions of how to undue any of this damage.. In fact, he had no words for me at all. The only advise I recieved (from others) was; 'continue the treatments, because you must be a slow responder'... Shock 'with claims of aggravation'... Bad Grin

As for Halina (or anyone from STOP) trying to shut me up ... Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin (That opportunity slipped through their collective fingers, when they kicked me to the curb.)

Kassy,

Don't bust my chops for saying this, but do you think that not using the other treatments might have contributed to the degradation of your condition? At 49, my age, I know that things can fall apart rather quickly if I let them, so in 10 years I imagine I will need to be even more diligent. Of course, if the breakdown happened directly after the STOP treatment, it seems that it could be attributed to the machine itself and not just from stopping the other treatments.

I know this will probably elicit some angry posts from other people, but remember, I haven't been too happy for Kassy either.

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
PhilipWB wrote:
Toby wrote:
Toby Very Happy

Hi Everyone,

I am a new poster.

I am 49, not a lot of wrinkles but want to keep it that way. My main area I am working on is the jowl area and I am getting great results with STOP, Tua Viso, Wellbox, NuFace, Baby Quasar and New-U red and infrared light.

I am going to buy the POSE as soon as Selfridges have them in stock in Birmingham, I had some Accent RF treatment on some stubborn spot fat areas and the results were good.

Anyway, I am here and look forward to contributing.

Philip Very Happy

Hi Philip

Good to see a guy in here.

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |