Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
tessera wrote:
I,[meaning me, Tess], haven't been able to find any information on the temperature to which STOP heats the collagen. Does anyone else have that? Also, I don't get how repeated treatments at a lower temperature can equate to fewer treatments at a higher temperature, given that the collagen response varies dependent on the temperature.

I think you have hit on the "six million dollar question".

I had sent Ultragen a couple of questions yesterday for Dr. Azar, so I just wrote back and asked for the optimal temp that STOP is trying to maintain.

I'll let you know what I hear back!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I had sent Ultragen a couple of questions yesterday for Dr. Azar, so I just wrote back and asked for the optimal temp that STOP is trying to maintain.

I'll let you know what I hear back!

Excellent, thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
This is on the STOP website under clinical papers.

http://www.stop-age.com/clinical-papers.php

Method: A 31 year old woman having normal weight and waist size underwent 8 weekly TriPollar RF treatments using the regen™ system. Each treatment session lasted 45 minutes, initial skin temperature in the treatment area was 29oC and at the end of each treatment session increased to 40oC.

Note - this was for a body treatment. I wonder whether the face requires a different range of temperatures.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Method: A 31 year old woman having normal weight and waist size underwent 8 weekly TriPollar RF treatments using the regen™ system. Each treatment session lasted 45 minutes, initial skin temperature in the treatment area was 29oC and at the end of each treatment session increased to 40oC.

Note - this was for a body treatment. I wonder whether the face requires a different range of temperatures.

I assume the facial treatments are lower....they would have to be to avoid the fat loss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I assume the facial treatments are lower....they would have to be to avoid the fat loss.

That is what I would presume. However, skin has to be heated to a certain temperature to enable collagen denaturing.

A known property of collagen fibers, such as those found in the skin, is that the fibers shrink when elevated to a temperature in the range of 60 to 70 degrees Celsius, which is about 30 degrees Celsius above normal body temperature. Temperature elevation ruptures the collagen ultrastructural stabilizing cross-links, and results in immediate contraction in the collagen fibers to about one-third of their original length without changing the structural integrity of the fibers.
http://www.freshpatents.com/Method-and-apparatus-for-treating-wrinkles-in-skin-using-radiation-dt20081030ptan20080269733.php

Whether the Tri-Pollar technology works on a different principal, I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait to hear from Dr. Azar - I'll be very interested to hear what he has to say about this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Probably it is mentioned somewhere in the thread but I missed it. At what age can one start using STOP?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Probably it is mentioned somewhere in the thread but I missed it. At what age can one start using STOP?

I don't remember reading about any age restrictions anywhere. But according to the clinical studies for Tri-Pollar RF treatments were carried out on people aged between 18 and 65.
Method Subjects enrolled in the study were healthy female patients between the ages of 18-65 with lax and excess fatty facial, neck and abdominal skin were recruited for the study.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I would say at any age that one is smart enough to use it responsibly.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Well, I'm going to wait several months, at least, before ordering the POSE. I want to see others' responses. Also, I'm wondering if the fat that the POSE helps you take off will be replaced immediately upon eating.
Question
Inky

Shock Well if you are not eating properly and exercising it will not assist much in getting rid of problem areas. I know we are want a miracle, but even miracles need a little assistance from the body they are trying to help. From my understanding is if you eat and keep to your same rountine you will see results and if you take it even further and do a bit of exercise and eating properly, the results will be even more dramatic...this is in the TriPollar technology information. I think it gives us a great chance with a little will power to get the best out of our bodies for summer and there after. At least that's my plan...South of Spain, end of summer, two piece bikini...oh mama. Again I am too excited to receive it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
41yearsyoung wrote:
Again I am too excited to receive it.

Where did you order from?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Well, I'm going to wait several months, at least, before ordering the POSE. I want to see others' responses. Also, I'm wondering if the fat that the POSE helps you take off will be replaced immediately upon eating.
Question
Inky

Inky - the POSE tightens the collagen and skin. Eating has nothing to do with it, unless you overeat and gain weight.

You might want to read the "How does it work" section on their website.

Bethany

You might want to check this out:

Waist Circumference Reduction by TriPollar™ RF
Treatment: A Case Report

http://www.stop-age.com/userfiles/Dr_Bril's%20whitepaper(1).pdf

(It looks like what this guy calls a waist, we would call the upper his area.)

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
41yearsyoung wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Question
Inky

Shock Well if you are not eating properly and exercising it will not assist much in getting rid of problem areas. I know we are want a miracle, but even miracles need a little assistance from the body they are trying to help. From my understanding is if you eat and keep to your same rountine you will see results and if you take it even further and do a bit of exercise and eating properly, the results will be even more dramatic...this is in the TriPollar technology information. I think it gives us a great chance with a little will power to get the best out of our bodies for summer and there after. At least that's my plan...South of Spain, end of summer, two piece bikini...oh mama. Again I am too excited to receive it.

There's a catch to everything, eh? Cool

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Yes, I don't think the STOP is designed to make you lose fat. I haven't studied the two instruments, per se, I have just given the info a light read, but what I do remember reading was that the distance between the electrodes determines how deep into the dermis will be the effect. From that, I'm assuming the electrodes will be placed farther apart on the POSE than the STOP

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Inky I can't get that link to open...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Mishey, you have to highlight the link and paste it into your browser.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
After you have used it for six weeks, then what happens?

Are there going to be lots of used ones for sale and swap?!

Well if you are speaking about the STOP, I figure we never stop ageing so at some point you will want to start the full treatment again say in another year. And with the POSE, I do not see ever not needing a touch up on different body parts...the way the body starts to do its own thing after 40, I know I have at least 3 main trouble spots that I will begin with, luv handles, saddle bags and bat wings. And those are just the start for now...I am sure my body will have a mind of it own just like my face as the years pass. Very unfortunate. But I am still excited. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
41yearsyoung wrote:
Well if you are speaking about the STOP, I figure we never stop ageing so at some point you will want to start the full treatment again say in another year. And with the POSE, I do not see ever not needing a touch up on different body parts...the way the body starts to do its own thing after 40, I know I have at least 3 main trouble spots that I will begin with, luv handles, saddle bags and bat wings. And those are just the start for now...I am sure my body will have a mind of it own just like my face as the years pass. Very unfortunate. But I am still excited. Wink

I'm just wondering why you think you would never need a touch up with the POSE? It would be great if you didn't have to, but I'm just wondering why you would with the STOP, but not with the POSE?

And I think you said you already ordered your POSE, correct? How exciting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I'm just wondering why you think you would never need a touch up with the POSE? It would be great if you didn't have to, but I'm just wondering why you would with the STOP, but not with the POSE?

Bethany, 41yearsyoung said "I do not see ever NOT needing a touch up on different body parts" so she does intend to keep using it.

Have you heard anything back from Dr. Azar yet on the question about the optimum temp of the STOP?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Mishey, you have to highlight the link and paste it into your browser.

Right... thanks Bethany, got it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, 41yearsyoung said "I do not see ever NOT needing a touch up on different body parts" so she does intend to keep using it.

Have you heard anything back from Dr. Azar yet on the question about the optimum temp of the STOP?

Oops I did not see the double negative! Embarassed

Nope...have not heard a peep. But per Colleen, he and the other doctor were traveling. Hopefully we will hear later this week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 am      Reply with quote
A quick update for me at 9 weeks...

- I am now on Maintenance, with one treatment recommended every 2-4 weeks...I will probably be sticking with once a month.

- My forehead lines have softened a tad bit, but I see some additional lines right above the outer edge of each eyebrow. Shock Kind of like maybe the skin didn't shrink at the same rate everywhere? Confused That is definitely not due to Ageless because I slacked off during the last month Embarassed and I don't exercise my forehead at all anyway.

- My crowsfeet look a tad softer.

- The under eye damage from CPs (10 months later Rolling Eyes ) seems to have improved a bit.

- I still see the tiny little bumps on the outer edges of my eyes and temples, as I also saw with dermarolling (and view as a positive sign).

- I am shooting for a VISIA skin analysis in early/mid May which will put me at 4 months after starting treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, this may be a stupid question (I am prone to them!), but if you have improvement in the VISIA, how will you know what to attribute it to? Meaning, how will you know it was STOP, dermarolling, or topicals that you have used since your last VISIA?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, this may be a stupid question (I am prone to them!), but if you have improvement in the VISIA, how will you know what to attribute it to? Meaning, how will you know it was STOP, dermarolling, or topicals that you have used since your last VISIA?

I won't....I specifically mentioned that some pages back. Sad But I was asked when I was getting another VISIA, so I included it is a next step in my update.

But this we do know:
- I have not rolled since the beginning of November...right now is about when I would be seeing changes from that.
- I have not stopped any of the topicals I was using (ZO), but I have added in Nia24.
- Any VISIA results will be minimal at best anyway...I was already in the top 99% for wrinkles for women my age. The best it can be is 100%. Rolling Eyes Confused And the VISIA results for pigmentation will not reflect STOP progress, obviously.

But I'll do it anyway since I'm a nerd. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Ok, that makes a lot of sense if you are using the same topicals, etc., Bethany! Sorry, I think I may have asked that question before, but I could not find where I did! Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
... I was already in the top 99% for wrinkles for women my age. The best it can be is 100%. Rolling Eyes Confused And the VISIA results for pigmentation will not reflect STOP progress, obviously....

Bethany - there should be no 100%. 99% have more wrinkles then you do, which means that you are in top 1% already! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |