Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:47 am      Reply with quote
For those looking for more info on the Refa Carat thread, here is one of the links: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6498525#6498525 Smile
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kroin1234 wrote:
Loving my STOP. Only problem is I can't Stop using it. I can't wait a day in between and my skin is kind of swollen in a bad way like after time in the sun. When my gel runs out I am going to try buying and mixing glycerin and bees wax. I almost called it "bees wac." I'm whack for trying it but that's not stopping me!

Kroin-Please be careful about overusing the Stop. The days of rest are needed to give the skin time to recover. More is not always better.

I think there are members that are using just Glycerin instead of the Stop gel. If you read through this thread I think it is in here somewhere.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks CookieD--Is the D for Donut?
Yes. What I will try to more religiously do is my face on night and my chin/neck/jaw the next. For those who use the STOP I bought glycerin and bees wax (a couple of dollars apiece) and melted them in the microwave for 30 seconds together. tried a 50/50 ratio but most of the bees wax refused to blend by the time the mixture cooled. Strangely and wonderfully the stuff (mostly glycerin) has a warming sensation like the STOP gel. Now if fellow ebayer's would stop buying Refa's out from under me, I'd get one of those with some rose oil...It is TRHOBH season and I need my face devices. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
where do you buy the glycerin?
Kroin1234
5% products discount

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
It says Florida Sunshine on it but that may not help you. It was a cheap distributor on ebay. Get some! I'd say my concoction (really EDS gave me the idea)works equally as well as the STOP prep. gel. I bet it would work for ultrasound, too.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I have been lurking around this forum for a while and based on everything I read I broke down the invested in the Tripollar Stop!!!

I know you can use it on the face, hands, neck (avoiding all areas of thyroid) and chest area.

My question is if anyone has tried it on stomach area or knees JUST to tighten skin? I know it's not powerful enough to decrease fat I would have to get the Pose for that.

THANKS!
thinkforms
5% products discount

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Is this ok to use with fillers?
I just bought one but I want to have chin fillers done too.
thinkforms
5% products discount

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Ok so I just got mine. Does anyone have trouble getting the green light on the device to turn on. It's like the cable is weak? I bought it brand new but off ebay.
vovo

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey thinkforms, I have the tripollar stop and pose. OMG the green light keeps switching on and off, it's so annoying. I don't know why but my device overheats and switches to red. I literally taped the cable portion so it doesn't keep switching on and off.

Anyway to answer your first question, I asked a friend of mine who is a cosmetic doctor and he said if you have fillers, its probably best not to use it because the circulation there will probably make your body break down the hyaluronic acid (filler) faster.

So try tripollar first then do fillers.
vovo

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:25 am      Reply with quote
hey face2bod, I have tried tripollar stop n pose on my stomach and just behind my calves.

Not enough to melt fat but it does offer slight tightening. However I took me 4 weeks to notice a slight difference.
thinkforms
5% products discount

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi vovo, thanks so much for your help! I will do that regarding fillers and then avoid the chin area (I really just wanted it for my NL folds).

I'm still having trouble with the green light staying on even when I start using it. for the price im a bit shocked.
thinkforms
5% products discount

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I emailed support and they were amazing, they sent me this video for connectivity issues and it worked so now everything is ok Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4EgZofsI-I

You have to push the cable in until it clicks, it's really hard to get it all the way in!! But with some force it works!
Kroin1234
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Oceanausa.net--the authorized seller of Refa Pro for more info about counterfeits because why should I sell mine and buy theirs if they are one and the same? I'm starting to think this company is trying to say they are the only authorized dealer the way Macy's could say they are the only authorized Lancome seller. you could * spam * Lancome perfume but there a plenty of other real Lancome counters. My Refa seems real but they say any Refa under $260 is fake; I made an offer to an ebay seller that the company accepted for $125.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered a stop on eBay, brand new for $170 seemed like a steal. It's the white one. Was shipped today so I should get it next week. I'm in my 30s and stop seems like a great preventative measure type device. I'll post when I do my first run with it!
Photopro
5% products discount

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Ha, you got a better price than me - I just ordered and received one from ebay for $240 with free and very fast shipping. So far I'm really really liking it. I read through almost all of the 69 pages of this thread - thank you everyone for your tips! I use only a very thin layer of the gel, and haven't had any problems at all. It heats up fine.

I had also been using the mini RF dot-matrix device, but Stop blows it away.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Photopro wrote:
Ha, you got a better price than me - I just ordered and received one from ebay for $240 with free and very fast shipping. So far I'm really really liking it. I read through almost all of the 69 pages of this thread - thank you everyone for your tips! I use only a very thin layer of the gel, and haven't had any problems at all. It heats up fine.

I had also been using the mini RF dot-matrix device, but Stop blows it away.

Hi! 170 is a great deal right?! I had to get it. I know exactly what STOP you bought, I was looking at the same one, almost bought it for 240, then saw that someone else did (mustve been you lol). And then I searched for STOP again a day or so later and found one for $175 and one for $170 brand new, some closeout sale. It shipped today, I'll get it Monday, my birthday! Nice gift for myself. $240 is a great price too as these still sell for $400 some places.

Also, I have the Portable RF Dot-Matrix too. Is this the one you have?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31mpogygtGL._SY300_.jpg

I just got my "Norlanya" Portable RF dot matrix device last week. Used it a few times and I love it! It's really helped my under eye bags TREMENDOUSLY. I originally bought it for $99 on Amazon but then found one on eBay for $70. Same exact device, just unbranded (doesnt say Norlanya on it). I'm returning the Norlanya to Amazon, the eBay one is arriving today. Do you use a stamping method? That's the method I use, rubbing it around doesn't feel right with the device, the treatment head drags too much, even though I'm using a good amount of ultrasound gel.

I cannot wait to get my STOP, RF devices seem beneficial and so easy and I can't wait to compare it to my Dot Matrix RF.
Photopro
5% products discount

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that's the RF dot matrix I've been using for about a year now. It's still a good little machine and I have really gotten good results from it. I did buy the Kendal machine on Amazon but returned it because it just didn't get hot. The controls seemed kind of dodgy too. Maybe it was just a defective unit though.

Also, yes, the stamping motion is key - keep the device in one spot until it gets hot. I've seen actual temporary facial grids for sale on ebay, and that's what the pro's use too.

Good luck and enjoy your Stop!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Photopro wrote:
Yes, that's the RF dot matrix I've been using for about a year now. It's still a good little machine and I have really gotten good results from it. I did buy the Kendal machine on Amazon but returned it because it just didn't get hot. The controls seemed kind of dodgy too. Maybe it was just a defective unit though.

Also, yes, the stamping motion is key - keep the device in one spot until it gets hot. I've seen actual temporary facial grids for sale on ebay, and that's what the pro's use too.

Good luck and enjoy your Stop!

I've seen those grids too! Seemed kind of cool, not sure if I'll get one but it's not a bad idea to stamp a grid!

And thank you, enjoy your stop as well!

I'll post back after using it. Any specific tips that you have?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
One specific question that I had, and I could probably try to search through here, what else can be used besides the preparation gel for stop? If anything. Just curious so when I run out I can go get a much cheaper version instead of paying the 40-60$ to replace it. I can't use regular ultrasound gel right? Like water based? I have some already from the RF dot matrix device I have, and it was like 6$ on Amazon Prime for 8oz.
Photopro
5% products discount

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
There was a discussion about the treatment gel many pages back. The treatment gel itself is mainly glycerine, plus some salts and perfume - the last of which I don't really like. Anyway, I'm not quite sure whether to use plain glycerine, although someone noted that the professional thermage machines are used with just glycerine. I'm going to do some research myself before deciding which to use.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Photopro wrote:
There was a discussion about the treatment gel many pages back. The treatment gel itself is mainly glycerine, plus some salts and perfume - the last of which I don't really like. Anyway, I'm not quite sure whether to use plain glycerine, although someone noted that the professional thermage machines are used with just glycerine. I'm going to do some research myself before deciding which to use.

Thank you! I know glycerin is super cheap and easy to find so if glycerin can be used that would be great!

I'm getting my STOP today, its currently "out for delivery" according to USPS.com. Cannot wait to get it and give it my first try!
Photopro
5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Enjoy!

Remember though - I think you said you were 30? If so, your collagen is already pretty good. Unless people have a lot of sun damage and/or are seriously ill, I don't actually think there's that much difference in people's ages from about 22 to 35. But it's a great machine to have in your arsenal.

I just did both of hands, which were looking a bit saggy and they look so much better!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm in my 30's, past the middle! Wish I was 30! Haha, and it's my birthday today, yay!

Thank you! I do think STOP a great preventative tool. I do have some slight eye wrinkles, crows feet. I used to tan religiously and I also smoked back in my younger days so I do have slight damage that I've been correcting with my at home lasers, LED and now RF. I don't plan on using STOP more than 1x per week, just in addition to my Lightstim/New-U LED routine. And it seems like a device that will last for years, especially since it wont be heavily used. I'm a skincare tool junkie. Any kind of at-home device I'm interested in! And getting it for $170 when it still retails for $350-400, I'll take it! I think the best anti-aging method is preventative!

I'm waiting anxiously for the mailman to get here. Our mail usually comes so late! Mad Smile
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Did my first treatment! Love the STOP, so easy, and the orange light lights up quicker than I thought. What I did was rub in tiny circles in each area until the orange LED lit up and moved on. Seems like you have to use a lot of gel to get it to slide around easily. So I will look into getting glycerin as a replacement! Again, I love this thing, so easy! One thing about it, it's built a little cheaper than I thought, I thought it would be heavier and constructed more sturdily but it's fine! $170 was a steal for this!

My face seems to respond real well. It gets pretty darn red and flushed looking during treatment but 5 minutes after, the flushing is gone and my skin looks good!

Can someone look at their STOP? That little dot in between the 4 circles, is that the thermometer? At first I thought it was a weird piece of plastic hanging off, must be the thermometer to measure skin temp, ill have to look through the manual.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 am      Reply with quote
My skin looks great this morning!

I did some quick research, one website that was discussing Tripollar technology, (not specifically the STOP) said the best thing to use on the face is pure glycerin oil, saying it was the best most nourishing topical to use and allowed for the best conduction of the RF energy. The STOP prep gel does contain glycerin obviously, with a bunch of other random things!

I ordered some vegetable glycerin, 16oz for $6! Will be here Thursday along with a pure hyaluronic acid serum (I love Amazon Prime). I'll do a test run Thursday with the glycerin. The prep gel is so sticky and I feel overtime it may not even be good for the machine because of the gunk it leaves behind. I did clean the treatment head with a damp paper towel.

I feel much better using pure natural veg. glycerin, instead of gel that has all these random ingredients. And getting 16oz of glycerin for $6 kills getting 1.7oz of treatment gel for $40!!

Again, I love the STOP, its so easy to use and its actually sort of fun. I love seeing the face flush up while using. Definitely a great buy! Probably wouldn't have paid $400 for it, but no doubt its worth the $170 I paid.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |