Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Sis + sigma; Those two brats are indeed bloody temptresses... I knew I should have "STOPped" myself from reading this thread...Arghh!

Of course it's too late now ... Bad Grin Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

ROFL! Laughing

I've been as tempted as the rest of you (who *haven't* given in yet! lol), but at the moment I'm back on the fence.

Mpstat and Toby, you have both mentioned that you're very responsive to these types of treatments, and Toby mentioned that she responds well and very quickly to just about everything... so I can't help but wonder if my results would be all that significant. I tend to be more treatment resistant to most things, and while I can afford to risk money on a couple dermarollers to see what might happen, $500+ is a pretty big chunk of change for me. Especially if my results are just mediocre Neutral

But, I'm so impatient...! If I can muster the willpower, I'm going to try to wait and see if people start selling theirs on eBay.

Mp, Toby (and anyone else who owns one), is there a decent return policy on these? I'd love it if this had a return policy like the more popular LEDs, that you can try for a couple months and return if you don't see any results. That might inspire me to give it a try sooner.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist,
I certainly understand being on the fence. Although I do respond very well to most things themage was a total waste and for that reason I really can't even believe I ordered this. I did look up their return policy it is here
http://www.win-health.com/terms_sale
and I am not sure about it after reading that page the ranking of this device, if it is returnable. I would email them, they are very quick to respond.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Mpstat and Toby, you have both mentioned that you're very responsive to these types of treatments, and Toby mentioned that she responds well and very quickly to just about everything...

This is what really has me chomping at the bit.. I too am very responsive to most things..

And I also wholeheartedly agree with Bethany's assessment, that we can trust mpstat and Toby's reviews, to be 100% honest.

Argh, Brats indeed! ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Two questions (and please forgive if I missed it). Does it come with a A/C cord/adapter that can be used in the US or is that a seperate purchase?.. And where to buy adapter if needed?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
There are different return policies for Stop depending which seller you get it from.

STOP_AGE.COM
If you get Stop from an official manufacturer sitewww.stop-age.com they have the following return policy listed http://www.stop-age.com/faq.php#24:

24. Is there a return policy?

STOP™ Kits can be returned within 30 days from the date of shipping for a full refund excluding shipping fees, handling and taxes that represent 35% of the purchase price. The product must be returned in its original box with original shipping documents included. The STOP™ Preparation Gel and STOP™ After Treatment Cream may not be returned and are yours to keep. The Stop device and original power supply must be undamaged, clean and in working order and if missing will be charged to the customer. Upon approval from the company, Ultragen Ltd. will provide refund to the Customer within 30 days of receipt of the return. All return shipping fees are the responsibility of the Customer. A processing fee is charged due to the fact that the STOP™ device can not be resold upon its return.

Contact us for return shipping information.

WIN_HEALTH.COM
The following return policy from a paper invoice that accompanied my device.

Cancellations
Orders can be canceled within 14 working days after receipt of goods in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Telephone cancellations should be confirmed in writing. Right to cancel does not apply to bespoke custom made items.

Returns Policy

* If products are found to be faulty on receipt, damaged during transit, found to be unfit for intended purpose or unsatisfactory, we will replace them at no extra cost or will offer a complete refund.
* If products are returned due to change of mind, we will refund the cost of goods, excluding the cost of P&P. In this instance, the customer is also responsible for covering the cost of return postage and ensuring safe return of all items to us.
* We ask that items be returned in "unused" original condition within 14 days of receipt. We will not make refunds if returned products are soiled, have been used or are not fit for sale.
* Please call us before returning goods to obtain a return reference number.
* Ensure that your name and address, the invoice and the returns number, if applicable, are quoted on all correspondence.
* Obtain proof of postage - please note that if the goods do not reach us due to being lost in post, you will need to make a claim to the value of the lost goods.
* Refunds will be made via the same channels as original payments.

========================

Although STOP-AGE has better return policy then WIN-HEALTH there is a significant price difference. On a good side manufacturer offers two years of manufacturer warranty due to manufacturer defects.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Lowbrowscientist,
I certainly understand being on the fence. Although I do respond very well to most things themage was a total waste and for that reason I really can't even believe I ordered this. I did look up their return policy it is here
http://www.win-health.com/terms_sale
and I am not sure about it after reading that page the ranking of this device, if it is returnable. I would email them, they are very quick to respond.
Toby

Thankyou Toby! That is exactly what I was looking for. It looks as though, unless the item arrives damaged or defective, they only have a very limited return policy (can return, at your expense, within 7 days).

I think I will email them anyway though, just to be sure, before placing an order.

Toby, I had forgotten about your bad Thermage experience - that actually gives me hope! And, I don't know if one has much to do with the other, but my skin always looks great after an ultrasound treatment with the 3MhZ probe. I realize that US and RF are basically apples and oranges, but maybe it's a sign that my skin responds well in general to heat treatments. One can hope Very Happy

Edited to add: After reading the detailed info Mpstat provided, it seems an email to the company is not necessary... I guess I'll sit on the fence a tad longer and see how things progress. And if I fall off the fence on one side or the other, you'll all be the first to know Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
... Two questions (and please forgive if I missed it). Does it come with a A/C cord/adapter that can be used in the US or is that a seperate purchase?.. And where to buy adapter if needed?

The STOP kit includes the STOP unit, power supply lead with Electrical Supply Adaptor fitted with 3 pin The electrical plug is for UK, and not suitable for US. You need to buy UK to US adapter separately. You can get it in Mori Luggage, Radio Shack, Tumi stores, or on Internet. Here is a link to an adaptor offered on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000WHKBY6/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A1SJV7Q7GQM4PE&v=glance
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I guess I'll sit on the fence a tad longer and see how things progress. And if I fall off the fence on one side or the other, you'll all be the first to know Laughing

Low, I ended up buying a LLLT unit for hairloss, and am going to focus on that for the next 6 months...then maybe I'll get a STOP. But if you end up caving in, I certainly won't blame you...I was VERY tempted myself!

Actually, I take that back...when I lose 20lbs, I am buying one. Hopefully it won't take me 6 months!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
... I guess I'll sit on the fence a tad longer and see how things progress. And if I fall off the fence on one side or the other, you'll all be the first to know Laughing

Not to worry Low, chances are you'll "fall off" on my side of the fence, with credit card in hand, and I'll be there to catch you .. Rolling Eyes

Thanks mpstat! That's very helpful.

Beth, that's a great idea, and a great reward when you reach your goal.... Wink
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I had already received an email from Roy, confirming my order and apologizing for not being able to send it before Monday. One can only hope that the product and customer service will stay as prompt and good as they are so far. He also asked me if I want to purchase an additional cream or gel. Should I?

I am also not clear - does it need only plug converter or a transformer?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I had already received an email from Roy, confirming my order and apologizing for not being able to send it before Monday. One can only hope that the product and customer service will stay as prompt and good as they are so far. He also asked me if I want to purchase an additional cream or gel. Should I?

I am also not clear - does it need only plug converter or a transformer?

TIA

I wonder about that as well. There was some discussion about making up the gel or finding something that is used on similar machine here in the US. What do you guys think we are going to need to do???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
No transformer needed - Stop is dual voltage device. It can be used anywhere in the world as long as you have a plug adaptor.

For pre-treatments I am going to try using glycerin with a pinch of salt as Kassy suggested. I already have glycerin, it is cheap and easy to get.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Great info.

Thanks for a fast and, as always, helpful info.

Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat, thanks for the info that the follow up treatment could potentially be a treatment every 2 - 4 weeks.

Sounds pretty fluid.

My skin also responds very fast to things. My concern therefore was less " Am I going to see any effect?" and more "Will the effect stick around?"

The gel looks like it will last quite a while.. you really dont need to use very much.

What do you all think of the moisturiser that we use afterward, btw? Would you purchase a second jar or do you think any good moisturiser would do?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Went to the PO to pick up my STOP, of course, it is closed (New Year's).

Can't wait to try it! I also purchased from Win Health the "Safe-tox" gadget, (that one I'm not too sure about), supposed to work like Botox) I will look like an extra from a Star Trek convention, lol! Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

I like that wording..."WHEN you reach your goal," as opposed to "IF you reach your goal."

I think I can, I think I can.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I like that wording..."WHEN you reach your goal," as opposed to "IF you reach your goal."

I think I can, I think I can.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've got faith in you woman ... Dancing Dancing Dancing (Consider that a rah, rah, rah ... Laughing )
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

For pre-treatments I am going to try using glycerin with a pinch of salt as Kassy suggested. I already have glycerin, it is cheap and easy to get.

I'm thinking putting a little Beeswax in there as well, is a better idea.. It will thicken things up to a nice consistency, give better conductivity and also act as a humectant. The glycerin on it's own would be too drying for your skin, and also wouldn't give you the slip you need, not to mention it would dry quickly and need to be reapplied.. Adding the beeswax, would make treatments delightful all around..

Here are the ingredients again from my post on pg 4;

STOP™ Preparation Gel:
The ingredients are glycerin, Cera Alba, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoat.

- Cera Alba is simply bees wax
- Carbomer is used as an emulsifier to incorporate a solid into a liquid..(comes in powder form)
- Gluconolactone comes in powder form and is used to make some foods (tofu), and in cosmetics. I believe (not sure though), it has moisturizing and exfolliating properties when used in cosmetics. (Recommended use in cosmetics up to 10%)
- Sodium Chloride is simply table salt, minus the anti-caking agent that's added.
- Sodium Benzoat is a preservative with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It's commonly used as a preservative in sodas, fruit juices, vinegar or salad dressings, or anything with a PH under 3.6

If you are just making enough for each treatment, you can do without the preservatives. This of course is less convenient, but so much better for our skin..

Off the top of my head, I would start by trying 1 tbsp of glycerin, 1 tbsp melted beeswax and a pinch or two of sea or kosher salt...(I don't know if there even is such a thing, but if you can find a salt without the ingredient that keeps it from 'caking', that would even be better) Maybe a health food store.. hmm!

Beeswax comes as a solid piece, and you would then chip off a chunk and very carefully melt it in the microwave.. The melting point is just about 145 degrees farenheit.. Do not let it get higher than that.. It doesn't have a boiling point, but will 'explode' if it reached 250 degrees... (And you'd *bee* cleaning up a big ole mess... Laughing )

You can buy 'Beeswax' in bulk in many places including ebay and here; (Of course look for 100% pure without any fillers.)

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/wax/wax.html

If you gals want to really get into it, and make a full scale replica of the Pre Treatment Gel, just let me know, and I'll work on a recipe as soon as I get home after Sunday..

It's really a pity that they charge so much for the STOP gel. It is seriously overpriced for what you are getting.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy the gel to me is similar to what is used with the Nuface. I will try to find the ingredients to that product and let you compare.
Toby
Here are the Nuface ingredients
Purified Water, 1, 2 – Propanediol, Carboxylate Polymer, Citrate Salt, F, D and C Blue #1.

STOP™ Preparation Gel:
The ingredients are glycerin, Cera Alba, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Kassy the gel to me is similar to what is used with the Nuface. I will try to find the ingredients to that product and let you compare.
Toby
Here are the Nuface ingredients
Purified Water, 1, 2 – Propanediol, Carboxylate Polymer, Citrate Salt, F, D and C Blue #1.

Look above your post Tootsie! Laughing Laughing Laughing And my post on pg 4..

Toby, is it a clear, sticky gel like NuFace?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
It is a clear gel.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, I picked up a travel adaptor at the drug store. I know you are supposed to piggy back them, but where? I feel like a complete idiot!
The Stop comes with a UK end, now where do I plug that end into? The adaptors do not fit into the UK plug?
Sorry, even if some-one could post pictures. lol!!!
Smile

if you look at the image of the universal adaptor, you'll see that there are slots for UK plugs to insert into adaptor, and on the other side adaptor has US prones.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000WHKBY6/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8

mpstat wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
... Two questions (and please forgive if I missed it). Does it come with a A/C cord/adapter that can be used in the US or is that a seperate purchase?.. And where to buy adapter if needed?

The STOP kit includes the STOP unit, power supply lead with Electrical Supply Adaptor fitted with 3 pin The electrical plug is for UK, and not suitable for US. You need to buy UK to US adapter separately. You can get it in Mori Luggage, Radio Shack, Tumi stores, or on Internet. Here is a link to an adaptor offered on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000WHKBY6/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A1SJV7Q7GQM4PE&v=glance
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
here is an image of a universal adaptor with "in" and "out" sides. Did you get a right adaptor that can convert UK to US?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
... What do you all think of the moisturiser that we use afterward, btw? Would you purchase a second jar or do you think any good moisturiser would do?

catski - I am not planning on re-purchasing Stop after-treatment moisturiser.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat, sorry for the double posts. I think I got the wrong adapter. Thank-you for all of your help. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby here reporting on the Stop(treatment 4)
Another WOW Shock forehead continuing to look good and lifted, with this treatment the lower face was lifted. It has been 24 hours and the results look as good as after the treatment, maybe a little better. No redness after 15 minutes of the treatment. Skin is smooth, under eyes really looking better, and as I said lifting and tightening is apparent in the lower face and actually the whole face in general. I had a close friend ask me today at work what in the world was I doing to my face, she thought it looked fabulous Laughing And Oh boy that made my day. Very Happy This friend wrote the website down where I got the machine and said that was going to be her Valentine and Anniversary gift.Isn't if fun how we justify what we do Very Happy
Toby

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |