Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy,
I have found that the more treatments I do the more I get the orange light to function correctly. It could be there was too much gel, moving the machine too fast, too large a treatment area etc. There is a slight learning curve to getting the light to function. Also if you are doing forehead areas it responses differently than cheeks. Bottom line you know when the skin area is warm enough to move the device and move on.My first treatment didn't yield results like the other treatments have. It could be I wasn't heating areas sufficiently.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy - I had several things with lights behaving strangely and it included both "on and off" situations. Once activated it pretty much was "on". Now I go by green light, and how my skin feels without paying attention to orange light..
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Toby here with another STOP treatment:
I do my treatments before bed and examine the skin afterwards and then the next morning. The next morning is when my face looks the best. I now find myself constantly looking in the mirror to see if the new improvements are lasting and they are. Also with seeing the changes it makes me more aware of the issues I had with my skin before the STOP. I guess the issues came on so gradually I had gotten used to them and didn't realize how different I could look with some improvement. Although I am really against a constant fix at the derm's office, if this procedure was only offered through a derm I would keep going and paying. Now if you really know me, and how against being dependent on a procedure at a office to look good I am, you would know what a difference I am seeing in my face. I no longer stand in front of the mirror and slightly lift the sides of my face to get the lifted look, it is actually there. That last statement is dynamite.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
.... I now find myself constantly looking in the mirror to see if the new improvements are lasting and they are....

Toby we are in the mirror club together!!! Laughing
buramiko
5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to hear there are a few of you enjoying stop as much as I am. I've been using it for almost a month now and my skin indeed looks younger i.e. more plump and a bit lifted. I'm sure my result is not as significant as my mothers' as I don't have that many lines, and the wrinkles beneath my eyes are still there (wrinkles that appear when I smile). But I still think it is doing an amazing job, at least it beats all the other expensive gadgets, creams, or masks that I have ever used. Masks give you the glow and moisture, but it doesn't plump up your skin from beneath.

About the orange light problem, I figure if your movement is slower then it will light up sooner like in about 1-2 minutes. And it also depends on the person's skin, my sister tried it she has thinner skin so her light up time is longer. I guess when someone has less fat, the heat just won't last that long and it will be difficult to maintain a certain heated temperature. I tried it on my husband, he's chubby and always warm and sweaty and his face got heated up really fast!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
buramiko - have your sister and mother moved in with you, to be closer to Stop yet? Wink And thank you for posting your mother's pictures it was very helpful!

RF is the one for skin tightening, and in such short time! Supposedly we will see long term collagen stimulation as well. Later on more devices of such sort will be available for at home use, and for now we can use Stop. We definitely need to use other things to cover other areas as well namely facial exercises, LEDs, topicals, etc. Do not forget diet, and supplements! For skin tightening RF is on the top. Especially with skin sag being one of the most difficult to control.

After the time invested in RF treatments initially there should not be too much time required for treatments, every 2-4 weeks recommended. Even if one does RF treatments once a week it is not too much.

Right now I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on different areas. I am looking for the future facial maintenance treatments as follows:
* Facial exercises - every other day
* RF - every 2 weeks or so
* LEDs - every week

It is not really too much time for looking good. And with owning the devices we do not need to pay salon prices! After a while they start paying for themselves Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
The care we take of ourselves does show. I mean not just RF alone, but ALL the beneficial things we do for ourselves in a complex. I keep looking in the mirror and really liking what I see. The other day when I got my teeth cleaned a hygienist asked jokingly if I started looking for a younger husband yet, and a friend of mine whom I see every half a year for lunch wrote to me in a follow up email that I look "amazingly young". I still have work to do for my wellbeing and looks, and the feeling that there is progress is rewarding.

With each other help we are on the right track to looking good and being healthy!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
The care we take of ourselves does show. I mean not just RF alone, but ALL the beneficial things we do for ourselves in a complex. I keep looking in the mirror and really liking what I see. The other day when I got my teeth cleaned a hygienist asked jokingly if I started looking for a younger husband yet, and a friend of mine whom I see every half a year for lunch wrote to me in a follow up email that I look "amazingly young". I still have work to do for my wellbeing and looks, and the feeling that there is progress is rewarding.

With each other help we are on the right track to looking good and being healthy!

Absolutely. Fantastic that someone you don't see for ages comments on your young looks. Lets you know that you're doing the right things for yourself. Congrats on that one. Very Happy
And once a fortnight maintenance is fabulous if you ask me. No time at all.
This gadget is getting ordered on the 5th Feb. I can't wait to start on it. I'll be experimenting on my upper arms aswell.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:
Oh No!! Shock Shock Shock I actually came up with a viable justification for me to buy this...the cost of the STOP is less than the filler required to fill in my remaining marionette lines (which then has to be repeated every 6 months).

The question is whether or not I will get 100% elimination of my lines from Ageless and weightloss if I stick it out. Confused

Among contradictions for Stop there are the following two:
* If you have permanent fillers within treatment area.
* If you have temporary dermal fillers within treatment area, consult your physician before using STOP™.

Hmm...that may mean that I have to wait until they are completely gone.

I couldn't find anything online about Juvederm and RF, and even called Juvederm today...they said that RF could *possibly* cause an inflammatory response that could last 4-5 days.

Then I looked for info on Thermage (another RF tool) and found this:

I last got Juvederm on 10/24, and it is honestly fading quickly...I think the facial exercise is accelerating it's departure (which is good and bad).

Any thoughts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - thermage is RF, and supposedly stronger then Stop. I would think Thermage-Juvederm recommendation should be applicable to Stop-Juvederm. And to be on a safer side take longer break time, and do not treat areas close to fillers for a little longer then recommended for Thermage.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko - can you please tell what kind of results have been achieved by your mother, sister, and you. Thanks!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have esthelis in my undereye hollows and I'm just going to keep away from that area.
buramiko
5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mpstat,

Well, my sister (my other sister not the one I mentioned earlier) only tried it once, and she had doubt in the product before trying it. After the treatment on half of her face, we both saw that half was LIFTED! Her face was a bit more sagging than mine and she immediately "wow" upon looking at the mirror. We both think she looked much younger afterwards and then the next day she still felt the plump on her face. And she told me the nailist asked about what she'd done to her face the next day, the nailist noticed the difference, I mean, she did only 1 single treatment!

About my mom, I'm ashamed to say she had no chance to do it again after the last treatment and took the pictures. And for me, my face look younger now, I don't notice alot of lifting effect, but I do find my skin feels more elastic & plump, just like what I used to feel back in my 20s.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
The other day when I got my teeth cleaned a hygienist asked jokingly if I started looking for a younger husband yet, and a friend of mine whom I see every half a year for lunch wrote to me in a follow up email that I look "amazingly young".

You go girl, that is AWESOME news!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Bethany - thermage is RF, and supposedly stronger then Stop. I would think Thermage-Juvederm recommendation should be applicable to Stop-Juvederm. And to be on a safer side take longer break time, and do not treat areas close to fillers for a little longer then recommended for Thermage.

That's what I was thinking...and I have already exceeded the recommended wait time. Now I just have to decide if I am going to make myself wait for 8 more lbs to drop (STOP was to be a reward for a 20lb loss...I am down 12 thus far). Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
Hi Mpstat,

Well, my sister (my other sister not the one I mentioned earlier) only tried it once, and she had doubt in the product before trying it. After the treatment on half of her face, we both saw that half was LIFTED! Her face was a bit more sagging than mine and she immediately "wow" upon looking at the mirror. We both think she looked much younger afterwards and then the next day she still felt the plump on her face. And she told me the nailist asked about what she'd done to her face the next day, the nailist noticed the difference, I mean, she did only 1 single treatment!

About my mom, I'm ashamed to say she had no chance to do it again after the last treatment and took the pictures. And for me, my face look younger now, I don't notice alot of lifting effect, but I do find my skin feels more elastic & plump, just like what I used to feel back in my 20s.

That is a good way to compare treated half face to non-treated half! And "younger look" is the best way to describe results of the treatments for me as well. I can not pinpoint any particular area of my face that improved, but rather the entire face, and the overall look that has changed.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:

That's what I was thinking...and I have already exceeded the recommended wait time. Now I just have to decide if I am going to make myself wait for 8 more lbs to drop (STOP was to be a reward for a 20lb loss...I am down 12 thus far). Rolling Eyes

You might be good to go now... just need to decide when you are ready to jump... 12 pounds sound pretty good to me! Dancing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:

You might be good to go now... just need to decide when you are ready to jump... 12 pounds sound pretty good to me! Dancing

That was exactly what I was thinking...until I remembered that my company did major layoffs today, and more are coming next week. Shock If I survive next week, I am going for it. Very Happy

Then again, if I am unemployed, I will want to look as good as possible for interviews, sigh. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what...I opened my mail today, and there was nice big check from my mortgage company because there was an overage in my escrow account. Guess who is ordering a STOP today?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Editing to Add: My white STOP is on it's way!!

Low - Since you and I seem to have similar skin reactions, I will be able to give you all the scoop before you buy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Guess what...I opened my mail today, and there was nice big check from my mortgage company because there was an overage in my escrow account. Guess who is ordering a STOP today?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hmmmmm...maybe wait till next week? Just looking out for your best interests. Hopefuly, one day you'll try to rein me in as well Embarassed
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
bethany wrote:

hmmmmm...maybe wait till next week? Just looking out for your best interests. Hopefuly, one day you'll try to rein me in as well Embarassed

Honestly, I am pretty good shape workwise...I manage 4 of our top 5 customers. But I always worry anyway. Smile

But I do appreciate you looking out for me. ((hugs))

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yea Bethany you got one!!!!!
Now you have joined the Stop Gang
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

that is GREAT!

You definitely deserve one and I strongly believe we all should spoil ourselves sometimes.

I am anxiously awaiting mine - should arrive mid next week.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Some new pictures to share done on my friend's eyes after 1 treatment. The fines lines were "ironed out".

Would someone please help to post the pictures (I can't because I'm a new member)? The link is photobucket dot come + slash + stoptreatment, the pictures are DSC_4470s.jpg and DSC_4471s.jpg.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Buramiko friend's images before and after one Stop treatment:

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |