Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Buramiko - you should be able to post links now since you reached ten posts threshold. You friend should have been thrilled with the treatment outcome! Thank you for sharing the pictures!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Guess what...I opened my mail today, and there was nice big check from my mortgage company because there was an overage in my escrow account. Guess who is ordering a STOP today?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Editing to Add: My white STOP is on it's way!!

Low - Since you and I seem to have similar skin reactions, I will be able to give you all the scoop before you buy!

Bethany, I can't wait to hear how it works for you!!

I am all over the place on whether I want to get it, or wait and see how others respond first. I went out of my way a couple nights ago to read people's experiences with Thermage, and despite what the STOP manufacturers say, I still have concerns.

If people are still happy with results in 6 months, I'll probably put it on my wishlist for christmas 2010 Laughing
buramiko
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mpstat, no it still didn't let me post any pictures/links, thanks for helping me to post!

My friend was happy with the result but she's not crazy about getting herself beautiful (some people are like that can you believe it!) so she thought it was too expensive and it's not something she would buy.

Anyway, for those of you who've tried LED and STOP, how do you compare their results? I have a lightstim at home and I seldom use it now. Is LED going to do things that stop can't? I don't find LED to be working too good on me...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:

My friend was happy with the result but she's not crazy about getting herself beautiful

That could be because, from the looks of it, she already has beautiful skin! Some of us (points to self) need more help Rolling Eyes Laughing

Regarding LEDs, my understanding is that the LED is more for overall skin health and vitality, and will require consistent use over a longer period of time to see results.

Mpstat has both (and Toby too, I think? Sorry if I'm wrong on that, Toby!), and she said that in her opinion, Stop does not replace LED use. She also provided, somewhere in this thread, IIRC, some very helpful technical info comparing/contrasting Stop, LED and ultrasound/galvanic units. Maybe she and others can weigh in with some more info on that.

Hope that helps a little Smile
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Alright.....I have kept my mouth shut (and eye's shut!) in regards to this thread for quite some time...But seeing this lovely little gadget STOP has been creeping over in to other threads and knowing what an inquisitive creature I am (ok, I will admit, I'm just plain nosy!!) I have broken down and come back to read the updates....
After finishing my perusing of this thread I have come to this conclusion:
While I love this forum to pieces, I do believe you gals will put me in the poor house!! But damn, I will look good when I get there!!!! Dancing Laughing

Seeing I work in health care and have easy access to transmission gels for ultrasound and electrode conductivity...will either of those be a suitable replacement for their gel?? I've been trying to find an ingredient list for the brands we use on line, but have come up empty handed...guess I will have to check that out next time I work....

By the way....I see a red STOP in my not so distant future...I think I can justify this one with skipping a Juvie shot or 2 in my marionettes... Not sure how long I can keep using that excuse? ha ha...If that one gets old, I can always fall back on "I can use the STOP on my deflated balloon stomach!" That would literally save me THOUSANDS if it would work!! And of course, I will never know if it works or not if I don't buy it!! I am a woman of science...hence the need for experimentation... hee hee...Bad Grin

The wheels are turnin!!!!.........

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Anxious to hear if any of you had seen upper lip lines diminish???

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
... Anyway, for those of you who've tried LED and STOP, how do you compare their results? I have a lightstim at home and I seldom use it now. Is LED going to do things that stop can't? I don't find LED to be working too good on me...

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
...Regarding LEDs, my understanding is that the LED is more for overall skin health and vitality, and will require consistent use over a longer period of time to see results.

Mpstat has both (and Toby too, I think? Sorry if I'm wrong on that, Toby!), and she said that in her opinion, Stop does not replace LED use. She also provided, somewhere in this thread, IIRC, some very helpful technical info comparing/contrasting Stop, LED and ultrasound/galvanic units. Maybe she and others can weigh in with some more info on that...

Lowbrowscientist - this is exactly right. There are different treatments for different goals. RF is the best out of what we have tried for skin tightening, but it does not replace everything else. There is a place for LEDs, galvanic, facial exercises, general exercises, topicals, etc.

On a couple of occasions I did Stop treatments followed by LED treatments, and had very good results. Toby tried the same as well, and was happy about this combo.

mpstat wrote:
... Which devices to use is determined by goals you have in mind, and preferences. ....
Just as Toby I am adding Stop to LEDs, and to galvanic. Because these devices produce different benefits. Stop - skin tightening, LEDs - overall skin health&glow plus medical treatments, galvanic - product penetration and healing rushes etc.

I keep up with facial exercises, RF, LEDs, supplements etc. Stop was a "missing link", and a wonderful addition for skin tightening. The best part all of them do not require much time once in a maintenance mode.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
... Seeing I work in health care and have easy access to transmission gels for ultrasound and electrode conductivity...will either of those be a suitable replacement for their gel?? ...

My understanding that ultrasound and electrode conductivity gels are suitable for RF treatments, and can be a replacement for Stop pre-treatment gel.
Do you have recommendations for sources on Internat where we can buy those gels at a reasonable price?
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I've used Aloe Vera gel with electric stimulation machines, I'd assume it'd be fine with the Stop too?

And all the raving about it on here has me hankering for one too! Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

I am wondering the same thing.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Do you have recommendations for sources on Internat where we can buy those gels at a reasonable price?

You won't find cheaper than this great deal for an all purpose conductivity gel;

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231785111&sr=8-1

The only problem is I can't find the ingredients for it anywhere, so to be on the safe side, I would just add a little pure salt (without the de-caking ingredient), when it's decanted 8oz at a time.

I'll continue looking!

ETA: Just found another... 24, 9oz bottles for $42.51

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MRK62I?smid=A2L9I0Y7VXFHAH&tag=nextag-hpc-delta-20&linkCode=asn

I'm having a devil of a time getting ingredient disclosure on these gels..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
mpstat wrote:

You won't find cheaper than this great deal for an all purpose conductivity gel;

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1231785111&sr=8-1

Wow 5 liters for $13.44! we should be able to bath in it!!! Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
I am wondering the same thing.

I do not have upper lip lines, so can not comment on the results there.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
mpstat wrote:

Wow 5 liters for $13.44! we should be able to bath in it!!! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Just don't take the STOP in the tubby with ya ... Shock Shock Shock

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post my early review of STOP. I am mid to late 30's, skin is in really good condition, but starting fine lines around my eyes.

It took me 4 treatments to notice results, and I am very impressed!

My fine lines ,esp. when wearing makeup, are much improved, also my skin looks more plump.

I also am using LED's, and many other gadgets.

So far, I highly recommend this!

I was worried it might not work for me, as I did not see immediate results, but notice quite a change today.

Very Happy Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

I don't have upper lip lines so I can't report, but I have wondered about that since that is a problem for many people. I would think if I am seeing diminished forehead wrinkles that I have had since childhood, lip lines would be a piece of cake Laughing Looks like someone with upper lip lines needs to get a Stop and report Rolling Eyes
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Just wanted to post my early review of STOP. I am mid to late 30's, skin is in really good condition, but starting fine lines around my eyes.

It took me 4 treatments to notice results, and I am very impressed!

My fine lines ,esp. when wearing makeup, are much improved, also my skin looks more plump.

I also am using LED's, and many other gadgets.

So far, I highly recommend this!

I was worried it might not work for me, as I did not see immediate results, but notice quite a change today.

Very Happy Very Happy

I do think the older gals will see more results quicker because we have more areas that can be addressed(that's a nice way of putting it Laughing Laughing But for the younger gals, if this machine can help you ward off the sag then you won't have to use the Stop to pick your face up off the floor Laughing Embarassed
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

I don't have upper lip lines so I can't report, but I have wondered about that since that is a problem for many people. I would think if I am seeing diminished forehead wrinkles that I have had since childhood, lip lines would be a piece of cake Laughing Looks like someone with upper lip lines needs to get a Stop and report Rolling Eyes
Toby

I am sooooo tempted! I might do it - strongly considering. Do you have to buy this thing from England? I wish it wasn't so expensive - but to get my lip lines filled would cost that much - but if this didn't make them go away I would be really really bummed!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is where we ordered
http://www.win-health.com/stop-age-tripollar-rf.html and it seems to have the best price.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
mpstat wrote:

The only problem is I can't find the ingredients for it anywhere, so to be on the safe side, I would just add a little pure salt (without the de-caking ingredient), when it's decanted 8oz at a time.

I'll continue looking!

ETA: Just found another... 24, 9oz bottles for $42.51

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MRK62I?smid=A2L9I0Y7VXFHAH&tag=nextag-hpc-delta-20&linkCode=asn

I'm having a devil of a time getting ingredient disclosure on these gels..

Gees we certainly wouldn't want to make our own if we can get it at that price. Shock

What's the salt for Kassy?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This is where we ordered
http://www.win-health.com/stop-age-tripollar-rf.html and it seems to have the best price.
Toby

Okay - I broke done and ordered the darn thing! I'll report as to results after I get it and have tried it a few times (especially as to upper lip lines.) I knew I never should have clicked on this thread!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
charis,
I know how you feel, when I ordered I shocked myself because I really didn't think that I would find myself doing anything but reading about the Stop. A couple of postings, then the pictures, and finding it for a better price..... and then it was in the click zone. I hope you are as pleased as I have been. If so it will be one of the best tools you own.
Yea Charis Go for it girlfriend!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Toby do you get the gel and moisturiser with the Stop or do you have to pay extra for those?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
It comes with it and it will last a long time.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
[What's the salt for Kassy?

Somewhere back in time we were discussing exactly what it was that made a gel 'conductive', and one of our members (Keliu) asked her Dad who is a Chemist (I believe), and he said it was the 'sodium chloride' that made a gel conductive.. (We were specifically talking about the NuFace gel, and looking for an alternative to that.)

I believe I recall reading something about "ionizing" the gel with table salt..

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |