Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I've had just as much treatments as you, Lillilulu, and no results as of yet either.
We might get quicker results once we get better at using the device, hopefully.
It's quite strange though that the lights on my device react the same way, when I start a new treatment on my decolletage, just after I did my face. While the lights reacted different on the previous treatment, but with every treatment the lights do the same thing on different areas, which are different treatments in itself.
Well who knows, what the real cause of the workings of the lights are, I just wanna see some results!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Lillilulu and Kany,
If I can ask what your age range is, and what issues you are trying to address.
With my first treatment I didn't know what I was doing but with my second I had it down pat and my results were amazing. But maybe I had more issues to address Laughing
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,
I am only 29, but have some sagging already which is why I thought the STOP would be great for skin tightening.
What did you do 'wrong' at first?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think the first time I was didn't have enough gel,I was moving the device too quickly, and the treatment area was too broad. The orange light never showed up the first treatment. After that treatment I just went by what felt right without being so focused on the orange light and went slower and the results were very very good. I would like to think that my skin is in pretty good condition for 53 and it is. But if I compare it to what it was like at 29 there is a lot of difference. It may take more treatments for the younger folks to see results. Also thinking of the building of collagen and the time it takes to do that...... you may get your nice surprise weeks down the road and it may be less dramatic.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
. Also supposedly not everybody responds well to RF treatments, although pretty much everybdy who got Stop on this board has been satisfied with the results.

Yes, this is another thing - I wish they had a better return policy. Even just two to three weeks of regular use would give most people an idea of whether or not they are at all responsive.

Bren, if you haven't already googled it, Thermage is another radio frequency treatment, just like Stop, although I don't think it's tri-polar (as Stop is), and that would make a difference. Also, as MPstat has mentioned, since this is a home unit there is a big difference in strength. Theoretically Stop should be gentle enough to not even come close to having the results *or the risks* you'd get in a medical clinic with Thermage, or the other types of radio frequency. But, we don't know for sure, and that little bit of doubt (AND the lack of $550 laying around) holds me back, for now.

To be honest, Bren, if you have the cash and you're debating whether to go with Stop or Juvederm, I'd pick the Stop in a heartbeat!

Worse case scenario with the Stop is, even if you end up feeling like you have to discontinue treatments, you haven't really lost any more than you would have if you'd gotten the Juvederm, since the Juvederm is a one-time shot, and you can always list your "Stop" machine on eBay, or see if anyone here wants to buy it. But that's just me!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Food for thought.....I had thermage(the only professional treatment I have ever had) and had zero results(extremely painful and cause slight discoloration)and I thought that I would not probably be a good candidate for Stop. I was wrong, I have more results than I could have hoped for. The procedure is so different and of course the results as well.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, I will try to roll the device slower on my face. Too much gel isn't good either I think.
On high power it does get soon pretty hot I find, maybe I should try it out on mid-power next time..
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Food for thought.....I had thermage(the only professional treatment I had every had) and had zero results(extremely painful and cause slight discoloration)and I thought that I would not probably be a good candidate for Stop. I was wrong, I have more results than I could have hoped for. The procedure is so different and of course the results as well.
Toby

Good point - and as I said to Bren, if someone isn't responsive to the treatment they could always list it on eBay, or see if anyone here wants it. That would be like getting a chance to "rent" it for awhile, and getting most of your money reimbursed if it didn't work for you.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Lowbrow....good point. I will probably be making a purchase next month and as you said, I can always re-sell and regain most of my money back and in turn get the shot! ha ha...it would be such a godsend to me if this thing worked, but as I have read today, not all people respond well to treatment with RF...so hopefully I am one of those. But I can guarantee you I wont stop Ageless if it does work!! That program will be with me for the rest of my life and will only enhance the STOP results should I be fortunate enough to respond.

And good point too MpStat....the power of STOP is nowhere near that of the salon. I did a bit more reading after my job interview today and read studies where they were having issues with RF frequency at too high/powerful of a range early in the game...that is where people were running in to "issues"...they have since honed things with what they know now and "lessened" the power to bring about fewer issues yet still good results. Very interesting stuff to read though...I am still in process of reading.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Guess what....it's HEEEERE! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
I had some questions about the lights on my device not always working according to the manual. Halina gave me an extensive answer, here goes (Halina's answers in bold text):

Halina certainly has quite a bit of knowledge regarding the STOP...she sounds like a very valuable resource. And it is also nice that she takes the time to answer the questions at a detail level.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh goody goody Bethany. You deserve a lift from a busy work week-pun intended! Can't wait till I hear your report Turn that baby on! Very Happy
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah!!! Bethany got her STOP!!!!!! Now start zapping!!!! I wanna hear some more good news out of the Bethany camp in regards to disappearing marionettes!!! Laughing Dancing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
The bad news is that I am STILL working (on a Friday night!!!) and I am now gone Sun - Tues to Dallas. I will not be checking luggage, so the STOP will not be going with me. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well Bethany the night isn't over and you could get a treatment in and then one before you leave Sun. and be ready for one Tues. night when you get back. The greatest thing is you will be rocking in Dallas with great looking skin Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Well Bethany the night isn't over and you could get a treatment in and then one before you leave Sun. and be ready for one Tues. night when you get back. The greatest thing is you will be rocking in Dallas with great looking skin Laughing
Toby

That is EXACTLY what I thought! However, I pulled out my electrical converter set that I have had for 10+ years with maybe 6 countries in there and was ready to GO! And then I quickly figured out that it converted US plugs to foreign plugs, but not the other way around! Rolling Eyes

Hmmm...I wonder if Walgreens carries them? Who cares that my hair is wet and it is in the upper 30's? Not ME!!! Very Happy

Calling now...

Editing to Add: DRAT. Walgreens USED to carry them, but no longer does. I guess I'll be hitting Radio Shack tomorrow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I was afraid of that.... but hey tomorrow is another day! You can study and get it all figured out so that you will get the benefit of a great first treatment.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh crap Bethany!!! I need you to start Stopping NOW!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You know, I just realized about an hour ago that I won the $50 voucher for the reviews forum? For some reason my PM from Magda this morning didn't even register!! WOW! What a treat!! ha ha

Ahhh...what I wouldn't give for 30 degrees!! I will trade you my -30 wind chill!!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
You know, I just realized about an hour ago that I won the $50 voucher for the reviews forum? For some reason my PM from Magda this morning didn't even register!! WOW! What a treat!! ha ha

Ahhh...what I wouldn't give for 30 degrees!! I will trade you my -30 wind chill!!

Congrats!!! But I'll let you keep that -30! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - I just went thru the same thing - I got mine Wen evening, but did not have even a chance to look at it.So I planned to start on Friday night. You can easily imagine my dismay at the discovery that the Euro Converter Plug does not necessarily mean England.

So off to Radio Shack tomorrow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh you guys ! I broke down and ordered it too Gosh !500 plus dollars for this ...I need to stop ...visiting this forum... as I will look beautiful( Laughing ) But WILL BECOME POOR ...LOL
I want to get the converter plug too can anyone recommend online store selling that specific one that will work for this stop ? Please....Dont want to wait after it gets here and then I go shopping for the one that works for it....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
Oh you guys ! I broke down and ordered it too Gosh !500 plus dollars for this ...I need to stop ...visiting this forum... as I will look beautiful( Laughing ) But WILL BECOME POOR ...LOL
I want to get the converter plug too can anyone recommend online store selling that specific one that will work for this stop ? Please....Dont want to wait after it gets here and then I go shopping for the one that works for it....

This place has cost me a fortune, lol. I know exactly how you feel!

Here is a mpstat posted earlier...it's cheap but the shipping was like $12.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000WHKBY6/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Bethany - I just went thru the same thing - I got mine Wen evening, but did not have even a chance to look at it.So I planned to start on Friday night. You can easily imagine my dismay at the discovery that the Euro Converter Plug does not necessarily mean England.

So off to Radio Shack tomorrow.

Honestly, part of me wishes mine had arrived after I come back since I am already pressed for time this weekend. If I can find an adaptor quickly (as in tomorrow), I may check luggage just to take the darn thing with me!

Let's hope we both get lucky tomorrow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an adaptor from Radio Shack - I will be calling to check inventory BEFORE I head to the store tomorrow!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103573

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
my face sometimes feels a little burnt, allthough it doesn't look burned on the surface, I guess I have overdone it a bit last time..? Shock
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |