Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Buramiko have you tried using the Stop on any other part of your body?

Wondering how it does for cellulite on the thighs and butt.

Found this review:

Reader review: Stop Clinical Skin Renewal Device

Posted by Kathy... http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/10/reader-review-stop-clinical-skin-renewal-device.html

A glimpse into what was dicussed:

..."When I was done with both areas, I wiped off the gel and applied the soothing cream. And I have to tell you in all honesty, I thought both areas looked a lot better. The wrinkly skin around my belly button was tighter and smoother. Not anywhere near perfect. But it was BETTER. And so was my neck. I kept thinking, “No way. No way could this happen after only one treatment.” So I waited a day in-between treatments, as they recommend, and did a total of three treatments last week. Both my stomach and my neck are looking a lot better. I am going to keep this up for the recommended 6-8 weeks. I’ll report back in a couple of weeks. 'Til then, I’ll say that I am pretty amazed at the results. I really am impressed by this device"...

So this person is obviously using the device on her stomach.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting... I am now tempted. Between this, the BQ, the Dermaroller, Ageless if you Dare, and various lotions and potions - none of which I'd even thought about just three and a half weeks ago (when I discovered EDS) - I just might look a wee bit tighter next year too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Interesting... I am now tempted. Between this, the BQ, the Dermaroller, Ageless if you Dare, and various lotions and potions - none of which I'd even thought about just three and a half weeks ago (when I discovered EDS) - I just might look a wee bit tighter next year too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah, your budget might be a wee bit tighter too - that's the trouble with this Forum! Laughing
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Very Happy that too. I'm most excited as I just placed and order and got a free Jan Marini glycolic eye cream to add to the bounty. I'll try to sleep on this latest doo-hickey. I find it a LOT easier to buy things online...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - your quote sounds so similar to my experience with Accent type kind of treatment, visibly tighter skin on thighs. But the device used in a salon was much larger then STOP. And for me the results were immediate, although the aesthetician said that normally multiple treatments are required. Still concerned about facial fat loss....
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Keliu - your quote sounds so similar to my experience with Accent type kind of treatment, visibly tighter skin on thighs. But the device used in a salon was much larger then STOP. And for me the results were immediate, although the aesthetician said that normally multiple treatments are required. Still concerned about facial fat loss....

Well any salon device is going to be much larger and stronger than a home device. Look at the size of the Omnilux compared to our Prolights and Lightstims. I guess the advantage of a home device is the fact that it can be used multiple times with only one initial financial outlay. I'm also still concerned about facial fat loss - but I'm looking forward to seeing Buramiko's Mum's results.
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys, can anyone please tell me why you concern about facial fat loss? I have no idea about this and I don't feel any fat was lost on my face after using the device for 2 weeks..My face doesn't have alot of fat but the cheeks and jaw are still there. Anyone please post the links to those horror stories??

About the power output I'm sure Stop is much less powerful than those used in salons, afterall, the price of stop is only equivalent two 2 salon treatments. But just like all other home use devices, I think all it takes was more time in order to achieve the same result.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
Hey guys, can anyone please tell me why you concern about facial fat loss? I have no idea about this and I don't feel any fat was lost on my face after using the device for 2 weeks..My face doesn't have alot of fat but the cheeks and jaw are still there. Anyone please post the links to those horror stories??

Relax, there's no horror stories - it's just that the Stop device is linked to the same technology that Thermage uses. Thermage is a salon treatment that is supposed to give firming to the face - a kind of non-surgical face lift. It is also extremely expensive. Many people, including myself, have had Thermage and did not see the results that were promised - and some claimed to have lost facial volume. I certainly didn't notice any fat loss, but I didn't notice any improvement either. So this is where the hesitancy is coming from.

It's really reassuring to hear that you're happy with the Stop device though, so keep us updated.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Since I am the one who used the term "horror stories," I'd like to add to Keliu's post. A very small minority of people who had Thermage treatment reported fat loss in the form of "divots" appearing up to one year following their treatment. In a few unfortunate ladies, the loss was significant and disfiguring and legal action is in the works. If you search the Makemeheal boards, you will find this information. It is extremely unlikely that a home device could cause similar damage and it's important to realize that most people who have had Thermage did not experience fat loss, but simply a loss of respect for the treatment, since it failed to work for them. Still, the connection between heating the dermal layers is enough to make some of us just a teensy bit leery!

5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
OK I took the pictures but EDS is not letting me post any external links/images because I'm new. So please type the link yourself on a browser window, which is photobucket dot com + / + stoptreatment, hope you can see them!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Here they are!

Before

After
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Your Mum will be thrilled with the size of these images! (not really) but tell her thanks for being such a good sport.

It looks to me that in the After photo the cheek area is significantly plumped/swollen up. The wrinkles on the cheek and more significantly around the eye area are diminished. The skin also looks slightly redder, probably from the heat.

Is this plumpness temporary? If so, how long does it last? Also, do you think that the effects are cumulative, that is, is there an ongoing improvement?

Thanks again to you and your Mum for posting the pics - it's very helpful.
buramiko
5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes her face was plumper and redder than mine after treatment. The manual says it's normal to turn red and swelling, in my case, the redness fades in a few hours but the plumpness stays till the afternoon of the next day if I do it at night. And after 2 weeks now I do feel my skin is thicker than before (but of course not as thick as right after treatment). My mom only did this twice and last time she said the plump stayed till the next morning (it was done in the evening before dinner)and again the red faded in only a few hours. There was no long term effect on her because she had no chance to keep doing it Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can see a real difference around the corner of the eyes. Also "mum" looks a lot more relaxed in the after pic. Thanks for posting those... my fingers are twitching over the mouse button again Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
buramiko and Keliu - thanks for posting the pictures! There is an obvious difference in before and after pictures. I can see why your mom wants to use the device over and over again!

Do you know if STOP is dual voltage? Would it work in United States?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Do you know if STOP is dual voltage? Would it work in United States?

I think you can get an adaptor - they're selling internationally now so I'm sure they've got all bases covered. But I would just email them and ask.

http://www.stop-age.com/contact-us.php
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed them yesterday, but have not gotten a response back yet. Once I get a response I'll post it on this thread.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Found this:

STOP™ clinical skin renewal device Technical Specifications
Weight: 85gr
Physical Dimensions: H=134mm L=51mm W=32mm
Operating conditions: Temperature: +5°C to +30°C
Humidity: 20RH to 80RH
Rating:
AC 100Vac to 240Vac 0.6 A 50/60Hz
DC 7V/8V/9V 1.5A
Transport and Storage:
Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
Humidity: 10RH to 90RH
Electrical Safety: Power supply is classified as Class ll – double insulation

so should be ok for US.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Found another website in the UK that's selling the Stop - for 100 pounds cheaper!

http://www.ebeautyproducts.co.uk/stop-skin-renewal-device-289-p.asp

They also ship internationally.

I'm starting to lust over this again. However, I'm going to China for Christmas so don't want to spend any money before I go. And, of course, when I come back, I won't have any to spend! So I'll have to keep lusting for now!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
There is another web site that sells it even less expensive: http://www.win-health.com/actinic/acatalog/stop-tripollar-rf.html

The listed price is £357.24 / $553.72 (Including VAT at 15%). They deduct 15% VAT for non-UK orders, with USPS shipping to US the total comes to $539.43 USD = £340.64 GBP
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I just got a response from stop-age.com They are not selling STOP for some contries including US from their web site, but it is possible to order from other retailers, and she is writing about adaptor only. So as Keliu posted above, the voltages should be OK, just need an adaptor without converter.

Thank you so very much for your inquiry regarding the new, innovative STOP™ clinical skin renewal device.

Please note that we do not yet deliver to North America via the online store nor do we have a distributor in the country yet. I do hope that this will change very shortly, but we are currently unable to sell in US as we are awaiting FDA approval (in keeping with our plan, we hope to have this set up towards end of 2009) and will be happy to inform you the moment it does. In the meantime, I have listed where the product is currently being stocked should you be in the area so as to check out the product.

We are selling the product in UK at selected Selfridges’s stores which the price for the full STOP™ clinical skin renewal device kit is £396 (GBP), where there it is possible to telephone in your order direct to +441133698040 and have it delivered to you. Delivery time and areas will be according to Selfridges procedures in which they will advise you if you proceed with purchasing through them directly. Further, we are now offering the STOP™ at selected Harvey Nichols department stores throughout UK , Scotland and Ireland . Also, we are stocking and selling in France at high-end department stores and pharmacies.

Also, just for your information, we currently ship to ALL countries EXCEPT: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Iran, Israel, Japan, N. Korea, Lebanon, New Zealand, Portugal, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Taiwan, United States.

Please note that any regular outlet adaptor can easily be used for any country that you take your STOP to.
For your information the STOP™ device comes in a variety of colors; cool white, classic red or elegant black.
Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again and kindest regards,
Colleen
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I pulled the plug and purchased the STOP system. Question though, where do you purchase a power adapter? I am in Canada, and gather I will need one. (can you buy it at places like Future shop, ect?). Thanks. Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Depending on your need there are different power adaptors. Tumi has a sophisticated one suitable for lots of different countries. http://www.tumi.com/electronics/electric-adaptor/

There are simpler ones just for a couple of configurations. Like these ones: http://www.magellans.com/store/Adaptor_Plugs___Converters?Args= This is a random result from google search.
I have US to EU adaptor, and need to look for UK to US...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
There is another web site that sells it even less expensive: http://www.win-health.com/actinic/acatalog/stop-tripollar-rf.html

The listed price is £357.24 / $553.72 (Including VAT at 15%). They deduct 15% VAT for non-UK orders, with USPS shipping to US the total comes to $539.43 USD = £340.64 GBP

Well that's interesting - I bought my UP5 Ultrasound device from Winhealth and their customer service was very good. They don't send the UP5 to the US though, so I wonder whether they would send the Stop - it's all to do with FDA approval I think.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I pulled the plug and purchased the STOP system. Question though, where do you purchase a power adapter? I am in Canada, and gather I will need one. (can you buy it at places like Future shop, ect?). Thanks. Very Happy

Please let us know what you think after you've used it for a while. Power adaptors are available from any good electrical store.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |