Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
UGH!!! Just wanted to jump in and say, our "little" friend Toby is tougher than she looks, and she just pushed me over the fence...

A little white STOP is now on the way to sunny Florida ... Dancing Dancing Dancing

Watch out big "SIX O", I refuse to take you lying down.. Bad Grin

Thanks Toby for the shove, and convincing me 100% ...

NO FAIR!!!!!! Where is MY Stop? I ordered on the 12th (almost a week earlier)! I am JEALOUS and running to look out the window every time I hear a truck on my street!

Shock Shock Holy Sh*ttay it's here Shock Shock

I can't believe how fast! I ordered Sunday night at 11 P.M. No US adapter though, so I'm off to Radio Shack. (Mine must have been sent out first thing Monday, before my email, asking them to include the US adapters.)

I read the manual, and find discrepency's concerning frequency of treatment.. On one page it says it safe to use daily, and on another page it says twice a week for 6 weeks, then as needed. And the website recommends every other day..

To be on the safe side, I am going to go along with Beth, and treat twice per week...That makes the most sense to me.

One question (or two) for those who have the hang of it;

- The directions say to prepare the skin/area by warming it up, then leave treat for a few more seconds. Is this on each individual 1 inch area, and then repeat this for each spot? Or do you heat the whole face first, and then go back to treat each spot..

As you can see I didn't look at the DVD yet, so hopefully that will clear things up... Confused

OOOOOWWWWWEEEEE! I'm so excited I can't stand it .. Dancing Dancing Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Kandy....yes, I used my left hand for holding and smoked out of the left side of my mouth. You are lucky you've never smoked! It's one tough habit to break. I see you are now our youngest STOP user too!! Cool! Now we have the 20's covered as well!! ha ha....

Kassy!!! I am TOTALLY stoked for you!!! Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

and have to admit a bit jealous too Laughing

Get to STOPPING WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna hear some news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could try the Stop now, too...its amazing to hear some of your results...

but the idea of heating the skin tissue below the surface of my face really petrifies me...especially without hearing more long term effects...and I know i'll have to spent some time 'being' with the whole idea.

Meanwhile, i adore reading about everyone's excitement... and sharing in everyone's (for the most part)incredible results.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
UGH!!! Just wanted to jump in and say, our "little" friend Toby is tougher than she looks, and she just pushed me over the fence...

A little white STOP is now on the way to sunny Florida ... Dancing Dancing Dancing

Watch out big "SIX O", I refuse to take you lying down.. Bad Grin

Thanks Toby for the shove, and convincing me 100% ...

Shock Shock Holy Sh*ttay it's here Shock Shock

I can't believe how fast! I ordered Sunday night at 11 P.M. No US adapter though, so I'm off to Radio Shack. (Mine must have been sent out first thing Monday, before my email, asking them to include the US adapters.)

I read the manual, and find discrepency's concerning frequency of treatment.. On one page it says it safe to use daily, and on another page it says twice a week for 6 weeks, then as needed. And the website recommends every other day..

To be on the safe side, I am going to go along with Beth, and treat twice per week...That makes the most sense to me.

- The directions say to prepare the skin/area by warming it up, then leave treat for a few more seconds. Is this on each individual 1 inch area, and then repeat this for each spot? Or do you heat the whole face first, and then go back to treat each spot..

As you can see I didn't look at the DVD yet, so hopefully that will clear things up... Confused

OOOOOWWWWWEEEEE! I'm so excited I can't stand it .. Dancing Dancing Dancing

That's great Kassy. I ordered mine the next day but I don't think mine will arrive tomorrow because I'm on the west coast, a little bit further than Florida.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
My Stop arrived just a few minutes ago!!! I am so excited that it is finally here!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Charis!!! YOU TOO???? Ha ha ha ha......looks as though we have 2 very lucky gals today!!! Laughing

I want it!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Good luck girls and report back soon!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Okay guys, is there a secret to the DVD?

I put it in two different DVD players, hooked up to two different TV's, and I get;

"Disc Error. The disc cannot be played"

Now what?

ETA: I just put it in yet a 3rd DVD player, and I get; "No data available"

grrrrrr!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I am not sure. I got mine today and my DVD worked fine. I would contact the company and have them send you a new one. That being said, it is very short - maybe 3 minutes or so and I think it's just about to identical to a link someone had posted on this thread with the plastic surgeon talking for a minute and then the same lady doing it on her face and then wiping it off and walking off with her guy. I don't think you need to see it to begin using your Stop. It doesn't add too much to the manual or previous clips. Hope that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Kassy, I am not sure. I got mine today and my DVD worked fine. I would contact the company and have them send you a new one. That being said, it is very short - maybe 3 minutes or so and I think it's just about to identical to a link someone had posted on this thread with the plastic surgeon talking for a minute and then the same lady doing it on her face and then wiping it off and walking off with her guy. I don't think you need to see it to begin using your Stop. It doesn't add too much to the manual or previous clips. Hope that helps.

Oh good. Thanks for sharing that charis.. I believe I saw that video on U-Tube.. I'll have to check it out again.

Did you get the US adapter with yours? I'm going to pick one up at Radio Shack in a little while.. It's not my day today.. Was all set to go to the store earlier, and one thing after another is keeping me here.

Looking forward to 'spa' night later on ... Laughing

Can't wait to here how you get on ... Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
No, the adapter did not come with mine - But I had ordered mine from Amazon the same day I ordered my Stop, so I am good to go. Can't wait to hear how you do with yours!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - Can you try it in your computer?

It might work ( I viewed mine in the laptop).
Some DVD players may be more finicky then the others (like Sony) and expect thing only in a certain protocol. It is just worth a shot.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Kassy - Can you try it in your computer?

It might work ( I viewed mine in the laptop).
Some DVD players may be more finicky then the others (like Sony) and expect thing only in a certain protocol. It is just worth a shot.

HTH

Thanks sigma.. I tried it in 3 DVD's and 2 computers... Same errors..

I checked out the U-Tube video again, and it looks fairly simple. A couple of things aren't clear to my very thick Irish/Italian brain, but I think once I give it a try, I'll be clearer..

What's confusing me both in the video and booklet is this 'stage one' business. (It's saying to spend 5 minutes heating each tiny area up, then a few seconds once the light turns orange.) So if that's the case, and there are 12 individual facial spots to treat, how are they concluding a full treatment takes 15 minutes? Twelve times 5 is 60 minutes .. Confused

I wish for once, something would come with a complete instructional DVD, that covers the complete process from start to finish, even if it takes an hour..

denham
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
No, the adapter did not come with mine - But I had ordered mine from Amazon the same day I ordered my Stop, so I am good to go. Can't wait to hear how you do with yours!

hey charis, what carrier did they use? i ordered mine on monday night, i'm in new york. i also sent them an email about tracking and was told they would be shipping on Wed wih the adapters. Still no tracking # though. so in the meantime i downloaded the ageless... facial exercises - some form of instant gratification. i blame toby. i knew i should've never become a member - i lurked a lot before, now i basically live on this forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - as I understood it - you slowly moving the unit in a circular pattern cover the entire face - the entire thing should take about 5 minutes (takes longer for me), and stage 2 should take about 7-10 minutes.

For me it takes about 25 minutes total, since it takes me a while to get to that orange light; and sometimes I feel it very hot and the orange light is still not on; so I will go the next area and come back to that spot again in a sec or so.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Denham,

I am in New Jersey, and they used parcelforce for mine, UPS for mpstat's; I am not sure about the others. You can always email them and ask for a trucking number - they were very forthcoming with me.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
denham wrote:
charis wrote:

hey charis, what carrier did they use? i ordered mine on monday night, i'm in new york. i also sent them an email about tracking and was told they would be shipping on Wed wih the adapters. Still no tracking # though. so in the meantime i downloaded the ageless... facial exercises - some form of instant gratification. i blame toby. i knew i should've never become a member - i lurked a lot before, now i basically live on this forum.

It came USPS. It was funny because a man pulled up in USPS minivan separate from my mail carrier - I hadn't seen that before - but I was sure happy to him. I ordered mine on Jan. 12th, but I am out in California.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
I wish I could try the Stop now, too...its amazing to hear some of your results...

but the idea of heating the skin tissue below the surface of my face really petrifies me...especially without hearing more long term effects...and I know i'll have to spent some time 'being' with the whole idea.

Meanwhile, i adore reading about everyone's excitement... and sharing in everyone's (for the most part)incredible results.

Hi there Jasminerosey,

Nice to see over here wave

I think there are a LOT of people who wish they never even saw this thread! haha.. myself being one of them!

I hear you about the long term effects, that possibilty concerns me as well. I'm nearly convinced, though, that Stop is 100% safe - I'm just waiting to see how everyones results are, and if it's worth it. I'd like to hold off one full year to see if anyone starts getting some unpleasant side effects, but I don't know if I'll have that kind of discpline when the funds become available and the money's burning a hole in my pocket Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

You warm up your face by doing small, SLOW circles until the orange light comes on...do that for a few more seconds and go to the area next to it. Do this to your whole face...the goal is to heat up the skin (which will stay warm for a bit), then go to the next area.

Once you have initially heated up your whole face, you basically start going over the whole thing again to keep the heat at the prior level. That way the area has been heated for some time.

I found that it was taking me a bit longer since I had not mastered the technique, so on my 2nd technique I divided my face into 2 halves...I did the warm up on Half 1, followed by the reheat on Half 1. Then I did the warm up on Half 2, followed by the reheat on Half 2 so that they did not cool down because I was moving far too slowly. Rolling Eyes Then I did my neck last.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

do you do the entire neck or just the sides avoiding thyroid?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, I'm flabbergasted!

I wrote an email to Roy asking a couple of questions I was confused about, and telling him the DVD didn't have data..

My phone rang about an hour later and it was him and Halina calling from Scotland.. Shock

Needless to say, I am now sorted out, and want to share a few helpful hints that Halina shared with me, for all of you. I'll make it brief, and give you the highlights;

** Don't be too concerned with the orange light, go more by the feel of the heat... The goal is comfortably hot (so *more* than just warm.)

** First time users can start on low, but most will want to go to medium or high quickly. (She has been using 'high' since she began in September.)

** Do 2 complete passes all over face and neck, and end with long lifting movements all along jawline, upwards to cheek.

** After trial and error, her suggestions for use, are every other day for the first 2 months, and then 3 times in every two week period thereafter. (Let your skin be your guide and adjust more or less for your particular needs.)

** She assured me again that there is nothing to worry about regarding the dreaded fat loss in our faces, because the RF doesn't penetrate deeply enough in the STOP facial device.. (To be on the safe side, I did a little reading in my nursing books, and sure enough the adipose tissue where the fat cells live {Reticular Dermis}, is at the very deepest level of the dermis, and I am confident this device can't reach it.)

** I asked her about using an alternative conductive treatment gel, and she was adamant about only using this particular one.. It is something to do with the warming effect when applied with the Stop gel, that others don't have. I told her it would be a stumbling block for many of us to have to have this shipped overseas on a regular basis, and she understood this. She is willing to work with us to make it more affordable, and see what she could do about offering it in larger quantities. (hmm! Just had a thought about those sexy personal lubricants that heat up when you blow on them.. Laughing Laughing Laughing ) Tsk! Tsk! I'm old, not dead... Rolling Eyes

I spoke with her about the forum, and she said somebody emailed her and mentioned it, but she couldn't find us... I sent her an email with the link to the forum, and a link to this thread, and she will be joining us as a forum member probably in the next few days..

Bar none, that is the best customer service I have ever encountered in my life ...

Okay Kiddies, I'm off to the boudoir, to have a go at the STOP.....See ya later!

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Okay guys, is there a secret to the DVD?

I put it in two different DVD players, hooked up to two different TV's, and I get;

"Disc Error. The disc cannot be played"

Now what?

ETA: I just put it in yet a 3rd DVD player, and I get; "No data available"

grrrrrr!

Besides DVD problem there might be a DVD player problem. To play DVDs from all regions you need a region free DVD player. If your DVD player is just for US & Canada region it will not be able to play European region DVDs. Region free DVDs usually cost more, but then they play DVDs from ALL the regions.

I do not know what is Stop DVD's region encoding since I have a region free DVD player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_codes
DVD video discs may be encoded with a region code restricting the area of the world in which they can be played. Discs without region coding are called all region or region 0 discs.

The commercial DVD player specification requires that a player to be sold in a given place not play discs encoded for a different region (region 0 discs are not restricted). The purpose of this is to allow motion picture studios to control aspects of a release, including content, release date, and, especially, price, according to the region.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
That indeed is a customer service as one could only wish for.

Kassy, I am glad that your issues are resolved.Please, give an update after the treatment.

Also, did she mention if she does the entire neck? I am concerned about thyroid area.

TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I got my shiny Black STOP today ,Got it via regular mail .I am so excited but have to wait for the adapter now ...ordered that from amazon.Want to start using it but can not ..oh harder than waiting for it...The Customer service is excellent I emailed them about my order yesterday and Roy said it should be there tomorrow and It was !

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Great news for newbies to the Stop. Great shipping time, great customer service, great product!!! I have been so enlightened by information from this forum and so financially challenged Laughing Laughing The Stop by far is the best skincare product I have ever bought and if another product comes out better than this I will be back in the womb Laughing Laughing All joking aside the Stop rocks but also the comrodary of the skincare seekers on the forum is a continuous wonderful adventure.
Now Stoppers let's get down to business....IT'S BOOGIE NIGHT for STOPPERS!!!!!!
Let's Boogie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
... The Stop by far is the best skincare product I have ever bought and if another product comes out better than this I will be back in the womb Laughing Laughing ...

I am waiting for Stop-Body... supposedly to be released this year! Start saving!!! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |