Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Yep Toby, the pictures really do tell the story, and speak so much louder than our words..

We often miss the ongoing sublte changes, because we are seeing ourself in the mirror all the time... With pictures, we can put our finger on the exact changes, and not have to guess what they are..

I know you guys are sick to death of me preaching about it, but it really will give you a diary of it all!

Gotta love those happy snaps ...

Kassy,
One of the reasons we probably don't want to take pictures when we start out is the BEFORE Shots are often depressing Rolling Eyes We just need to anticipate the After Shots Laughing When I started the facial exercises and took my before shots I really had a hard time looking at them and was really down. The important thing is I faced(a little pun)my problems and went to work. If I hadn't taken those pictures I wouldn't have trained as hard and wouldn't have any way to truly measure my progress. So pictures do tell the story.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I was sitting outside with 'Mr K', he said, and I quote.. "I think that *go* thingy you just got is doing something, those creases you're always complaining about look better"..

Laughing Laughing That "go" thingy!! ha ha...I was LMAO when I read that!!! Guys really have a way with words don't they? But when they notice something, you know damn well somethin' is a happenen'.....and it doesn't matter how they say it, it's always nice to hear!! Myself, I just have my hairless cat purring in my ear every time I Stim (He loves the heat) and my kids laughing at yet another thing Mom is doing with her face. Vino...hmm...sounds like a plan....

Just wondering if anyone has used STOP for the upper lip lines yet? I know someone on here has them and has the STOP...but this feeble brain of mine cannot remember exactly whom! But, any improvements in ULL's would be a godsend!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
bren21,
Just my opinion, but I would think it would be almost impossible to make a difference in forehead lines that have been there since childhood which mine were. If the Stop can do that then above the lip lines should be much easier to address.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby! Your lines have been there since childhood?? Amazing....when I saw those pics of your forehead, my jaw nearly dropped to the ground and if I would've had the money for the STOP, I would have bought it then and there!! ha ha... I didn't realize that the forehead has been nearly a life long thing!
You're right, you would think if it can tackle tough forehead lines, lips would be a piece of cake...lets hope someone can ring in on that eventually...

By the way, I was meaning to mention after I first saw your photos what great eyes you have! Love the color.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Thanks Toby! Your lines have been there since childhood?? Amazing....when I saw those pics of your forehead, my jaw nearly dropped to the ground and if I would've had the money for the STOP, I would have bought it then and there!! ha ha... I didn't realize that the forehead has been nearly a life long thing!
You're right, you would think if it can tackle tough forehead lines, lips would be a piece of cake...lets hope someone can ring in on that eventually...

By the way, I was meaning to mention after I first saw your photos what great eyes you have! Love the color.....

If you think that you were shocked with my forehead pictures imagine me!!!I sounded like a crazy person trying to explain the difference I was seeing to you guys here. I was afraid people wouldn't believe me so that prompted the pictures. After I looked at my own picture I was so excited I didn't sleep all night. I truly hope that each of you can have the same experience in whatever area is you problem.
And thanks for the complement on the eyes, they now show up better with the skin in good shape Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has used STOP for the upper lip lines yet? I know someone on here has them and has the STOP...but this feeble brain of mine cannot remember exactly whom! But, any improvements in ULL's would be a godsend!!!

Bren, it is Charis that has the ULL's. I am waiting impatiently for her reports! Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bren21 wrote:

If you think that you were shocked with my forehead pictures imagine me!!!I sounded like a crazy person trying to explain the difference I was seeing to you guys here. I was afraid people wouldn't believe me so that prompted the pictures. After I looked at my own picture I was so excited I didn't sleep all night. I truly hope that each of you can have the same experience in whatever area is you problem.
And thanks for the complement on the eyes, they now show up better with the skin in good shape Very Happy

Okay, I just have to jump in a minute here, because Toby is too nice to toot her own horn.. But anybody who knows me, knows I don't hesitate to say my piece.. Laughing So with that in mind, here is what I think had to do with some of Toby's changes;

- The STOP is working without a doubt, and the lifing is undeniable

- The Tua Viso is putting it's 2 cents in also and I'm seeing some changes to the lower cheeks, that I also noticed on myself lately

- Her eyes are most definitely gorgeous, and are looking best in the most recent picture

- Now this will no doubt get some panties in a bunch, but I'm going to say it anyway, because two of my EDS buddies have the same beauty ritual, the same techniques, and the same result in what I'm going to say....... Regarding facial exercise programs... LouLou's Ageless, gives a beautifully tapered feminine jawline, and Flex Effect gives a wide, square, more masculine jawline. (For me FE exercises would be a good thing, because God was having a Siesta the day my miserably weak jaw/chin was handed out.. But I will tell you honestly, that since Toby switched to the Ageless exercise, her jawline looks toned, firm and tapered....and is 500% prettier, and more feminine, than what it looked like when doing FE..

Okay, now I really am going off to do my STOP!

ETA: Yes, the forehead is completely lifted, and the lines are totally softened!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy wrote:
Okay, I just have to jump in a minute here, because Toby is too nice to toot her own horn.. But anybody who knows me, knows I don't hesitate to say my piece.. Laughing So with that in mind, here is what I think had to do with some of Toby's changes;

- The STOP is working without a doubt, and the lifing is undeniable

- The Tua Viso is putting it's 2 cents in also and I'm seeing some changes to the lower cheeks, that I also noticed on myself lately

- Her eyes are most definitely gorgeous, and are looking best in the most recent picture

- Now this will no doubt get some panties in a bunch, but I'm going to say it anyway, because two of my EDS buddies have the same beauty ritual, the same techniques, and the same result in what I'm going to say....... Regarding facial exercise programs... LouLou's Ageless, gives a beautifully tapered feminine jawline, and Flex Effect gives a wide, square, more masculine jawline. (For me FE exercises would be a good thing, because God was having a Siesta the day my miserably weak jaw/chin was handed out.. But I will tell you honestly, that since Toby switched to the Ageless exercise, her jawline looks toned, firm and tapered....and is 500% prettier, and more feminine, than what it looked like when doing FE..

Okay, now I really am going off to do my STOP!

ETA: Yes, the forehead is completely lifted, and the lines are totally softened!

Kassy's eval gets a big thumbs up from my end. I didn't know about the childhood-long forehead lines so it's all the more amazing. And dontcha know Toby uses no fillers, no botox. Now that's what you call inspiring...
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Bren, it is Charis that has the ULL's. I am waiting impatiently for her reports! Laughing

Yes, it's me with the dreaded ULL's! I wish it wasn't! I did my 4th stop treatment today. As far as my ULL's go, no progress so far. I am still holding out hope though. If collagen needs to build, that wouldn't happen in 8 days. That being said, I am DEPRESSED!!!! I REALLY REALLY want these things to go away NOW!!!! Sooooo, this thing better work! I wish I was reporting that they instantly disappeared - but it really is too soon to judge. I will keep you posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the update, Charis. I am hoping this works for you!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you for the update, Charis. I am hoping this works for you!

Thanks! Me too!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
bren21,
Just my opinion, but I would think it would be almost impossible to make a difference in forehead lines that have been there since childhood which mine were. If the Stop can do that then above the lip lines should be much easier to address.

Toby, if I had forehead lines as a child, my sisters would told me that my father was really a Shar Pei. Rolling Eyes Be VERY glad you did not grow up at my evil household! What age did they show up?

And for the record, Toby is one of a very small crowd that I follow around here at EDS because I SO trust their opinions...if she has tried it and says it works, I am buying it!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, how long did it take using Stop, to see your forehead lines begin to improve?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Toby, how long did it take using Stop, to see your forehead lines begin to improve?

I would like to know how many treatments she had done when those pics were taken...I need to see if she previously posted that info.

Editing to Add: Toby had used the STOP 6 times when she took her after pic. I am seeing some increased improvements after 4 treatments, so I wil be interested to see what takes place for me after 6 treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Toby wrote:
bren21,

Toby, if I had forehead lines as a child, my sisters would told me that my father was really a Shar Pei. Rolling Eyes Be VERY glad you did not grow up at my evil household! What age did they show up?

And for the record, Toby is one of a very small crowd that I follow around here at EDS because I SO trust their opinions...if she has tried it and says it works, I am buying it!! Very Happy

Okay I am an only child Bethany, no harassing sisters to call my father a Shar pei dog! Since I am an avid dog lover, I don't think I would have been affended. Forehead lines showed up before ten years old, I was a frowner....a worrier.

Found this in my baby pictures Laughing . Can this be My Before picture Shock Shock Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just checking in after my 4th treatment.. I am definitely *feeling* a tightening sensation in my neck + under the jaw/chin, that is new.

I checked my profile very closely on both sides and the NL folds do look very slightly less noticable.. I don't *see* anything apparent from the front view yet though, so will just take Mr K's word for that one.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Okay I am an only child Bethany, no harassing sisters to call my father a Shar pei dog! Since I am an avid dog lover, I don't think I would have been affended. Forehead lines showed up before ten years old, I was a frowner....a worrier.

Found this in my baby pictures Laughing . Can this be My Before picture Shock Shock Image

LOL...I love that pic!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Ha ha...that has to be the cutest face ever!!! I love those dogs....here is another wrinkly body for you...my cat Jukka (the one that knows EVERY heat source in my apartment...favorite place: top of the wine cooler) I wonder if I could STOP him!! Laughing (Don't PM me about animal cruelty please!! I would seriously never do that although he would probably adore the heat!)

Charis!! I thought it may have been you, but my brain farted out on me. Here is to getting rid of those damn lines!! I am rooting for you!!!!!!!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Okay guys I told you yesterday I wasn't going to report until the two weeks but I just can't hold back. If you don't want to be tempted to get this machine Please stop reading now Shock I know I have only done two treatments to my face and there is no reason that I should be seeing what I am seeing so soon but there is major change going on. Now remember I do facial exercises, Tua Viso,(normally LED light and derma rolling haven't done either of these two in six weeks because of starting retin-A),but what I am seeing going on with my forehead wrinkles is amazing. I have had forehead wrinkles since childhood. I wear bangs and gave up changing them years ago. Botox has never tempted me because I don't like paying that much for something that doesn't last. So I didn't expect anything to address the forehead issue. Although facial exercises are my number 1 ammunition against ageing for the last 18 months I have not seen them to anything for my forehead wrinkles although they have lifted the rest of my face off the floor Laughing But what I am seeing with my forehead wrinkles is totally amazing. I can even see the difference 10ft away Shock You need to know this about my body as I make this claim, my body responds very quickly to anything I do. Pilates tightened my body in no time, facial exercises and massage worked extremely quickly. Even derma rolling produced great results. Actives also work quickly. So I certainly don't want to mislead anyone here but what I am seeing I never expected to see with anything other than botox. I feel very uneasy giving you this report so soon, but I also feel that I have a responsibility to accurately and honestly report what I see in the mirror. I also am seeing much better looking skin under my eyes. So if you are in leaning towards thinking about buying this machine start saving. I have stayed out of the stores for shopping and have been frugal with skincare and makeup products in order to try some things that may work.
Toby

Posting this for Charis, who asked how long it was when Toby saw results.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Toby wrote:
Okay guys I told you yesterday I wasn't going to report until the two weeks but I just can't hold back. If you don't want to be tempted to get this machine Please stop reading now Shock I know I have only done two treatments to my face and there is no reason that I should be seeing what I am seeing so soon but there is major change going on. Now remember I do facial exercises, Tua Viso,(normally LED light and derma rolling haven't done either of these two in six weeks because of starting retin-A),but what I am seeing going on with my forehead wrinkles is amazing. I have had forehead wrinkles since childhood. I wear bangs and gave up changing them years ago. Botox has never tempted me because I don't like paying that much for something that doesn't last. So I didn't expect anything to address the forehead issue. Although facial exercises are my number 1 ammunition against ageing for the last 18 months I have not seen them to anything for my forehead wrinkles although they have lifted the rest of my face off the floor Laughing But what I am seeing with my forehead wrinkles is totally amazing. I can even see the difference 10ft away Shock You need to know this about my body as I make this claim, my body responds very quickly to anything I do. Pilates tightened my body in no time, facial exercises and massage worked extremely quickly. Even derma rolling produced great results. Actives also work quickly. So I certainly don't want to mislead anyone here but what I am seeing I never expected to see with anything other than botox. I feel very uneasy giving you this report so soon, but I also feel that I have a responsibility to accurately and honestly report what I see in the mirror. I also am seeing much better looking skin under my eyes. So if you are in leaning towards thinking about buying this machine start saving. I have stayed out of the stores for shopping and have been frugal with skincare and makeup products in order to try some things that may work.
Toby

Posting this for Charis, who asked how long it was when Toby saw results.

Thanks for posting that Rileygirl. It sounds like she got results REALLY fast. Keeping my fingers crossed on all of this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I can officially say that 2 days after my 4th treatment, my forehead lines are significantly diminished! Shock Shock Shock

Mine were nothing like Toby's (sorry Toby), so I think it is much harder to see improvement. But there is no denying that there is now definite improvement. Even the dermaroller barely put a dent in them previously, so I am very surprised by this. And very glad that I will not have to buy more Botox! Very Happy

My only question is if it is due to residual inflammation....the only way to really tell is to just stop using the STOP and see what happens. I will probably do that after I complete the initial 6 weeks of treatment.

From a sagging standpoint, I am not seeing massive improvement yet, but you have to keep in mind that I am dieting, and every pound lost (14 thus far) is an increase in sagging. Rolling Eyes Just staying status quo in sag is a feat in its own right, sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Well... it is not just a fruit of my imagination anymore when from time to time I think that I look like in my twenties. Someone actually said it to me too!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It was music to my ears!!! even if it was just for that particular day, in that particular lighting, I loved it Dancing
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Well... it is not just a fruit of my imagination anymore when from time to time I think that I look like in my twenties. Someone actually said it to me too!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It was music to my ears!!! even if it was just for that particular day, in that particular lighting, I loved it Dancing

Now Mpstat you are going to have some explaining to do for a woman in her twenties with a teenage daughter Laughing I just Love it!!!!
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
mpstat wrote:

Now Mpstat you are going to have some explaining to do for a woman in her twenties with a teenage daughter Laughing I just Love it!!!!
Toby

As we discussed before we are on our way to celebrate sweet sixteen all over again!!! Image ImageImage Image
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Toby here....I saw results after the second treatment. My quick results are characteristic of how my system reacts to most things.....VERY FAST. On the positive note I had eighteen months of facial exercises under my belt(under my skin Laughing ). On the negative thought, I had so many issues that the slightest bit of improvement would look major I like to think positive Rolling Eyes
Toby

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |