Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I did another Stop treatment on Friday, but this time I tried to follow it with LED. The result was interesting: usually I had a visible improvement the next day - not if followed by LED. That tells me that the improvement indeed came from inflammation, and LED, being anti-inflammatory, negated that temporary improved look.

I did some reading earlier today, and confirmed that radio frequency elicits a wound healing reaction in order to stimulate collagen. And as we found with dermarolling, inflammation is a critical component of that process.

I will not be doing anything to reduce that inflammatory response for at least 4 days after a treatment, as that conservative approach garnered fabulous results for me when dermarolling. That means no tamanu or emu oils, creams with any anti-inflammatory ingredients, or LEDs which negate inflammation.

If anyone wants to read about the importance of inflammation on the wound healing process, please let me know and I will post some links.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I so want one of these machines!

Has anyone tried it places other than the face?

I am thinking thighs or loose abdominal folds from losing weight?

Mildred
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I would love to read more about wound healing and the inflammation response as I'm sure others would. Please post the links here. TIA. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I did some reading earlier today, and confirmed that radio frequency elicits a wound healing reaction in order to stimulate collagen. And as we found with dermarolling, inflammation is a critical component of that process.

I will not be doing anything to reduce that inflammatory response for at least 4 days after a treatment, as that conservative approach garnered fabulous results for me when dermarolling. That means no tamanu or emu oils, creams with any anti-inflammatory ingredients, or LEDs which negate inflammation.

If anyone wants to read about the importance of inflammation on the wound healing process, please let me know and I will post some links.

I agree with your thoughts regarding inflammation, and now I'm glad I've been doing the LED treatments prior to the STOP..

I'd love to read some of your links..Thanks!

STOP treatment #7 tonight... Very Happy (Perhaps the 7th time will be the charm ... Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany wrote:
If anyone wants to read about the importance of inflammation on the wound healing process, please let me know and I will post some links

I do Miss Bethany. Thanks much.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
STOP treatment #7 tonight... Very Happy (Perhaps the 7th time will be the charm ... Laughing

If it doesn't work, I'll buy your machine!!! SmileSmileSmileSmile

Inky
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Inflammation and wound healing info coming right up!

Here are some quotes related to radio frequency and the wound healing mechanism:

Quote:
Radio Frequency (RF) has been a tried and tested technique in the past few years to provide thermal stimulation to tissue. The objective of these treatments are to encourage the natural wound healing response in the body to increase fibroblast proliferation and thus new collagen and elastin production which repairs and improves the tissue integrity and provides a skin tightening or lifting effect with reduction to fine lines and wrinkles.

RF waves can temporarily change the orientation in space of polar substances/molecules such as water, proteins, amino-acids etc. By oscillating these waves very rapidly we can make this orientation change occur several times a second which produces molecular friction – friction which causes a thermal increase in the localized area.

In response to this thermal motivation the body will respond by increasing vasodilation and hence oxygen and nutrient delivery to the area and we will see a triggering of the immunological chain reaction that leads to the synthesis of procollagen and other structural building blocks of tissue.
http://www.beautology.co.uk/smoothlite.html

Quote:
In one aspect of the invention, a method includes positioning a first electrode adjacent to, or in contact with, a region on or within a patient's skin, and applying a sufficient high frequency voltage between the first electrode and a second electrode to create a heat injury to a target tissue within the patient's dermis layer without ablating the epidermis layer overlying the target tissue. Typically, the voltage applied to the first and second electrodes is sufficient to induce heating of the dermis layer to about 60°-80° C., preferably about 65°-75° C. This induced heating causes the patient's body to undergo a wound healing response in the slightly inflamed tissue of the dermis. The wound healing process involves the generation of neo-collagen in the dermis layer, which fills in the wrinkle in the patient's skin. In the present invention, this stimulation of collagen growth within the dermis is accomplished while minimizing or suppressing the damage caused to the outer epidermis layer, which reduces the overall pain and wound healing time for the patient.
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6766202/description.html

This article focuses on dermarolling, but has a great overview of the wound healing cascade. I have included some overview info for people who do not want to read the whole article.

Keep in mind that Phase I will be slightly different for the STOP since there is no bleeding. I have not figured out all the details on exactly how the wound cascade occurs after the heating injury, but will post more when I find it.

Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Collagen Induction
Desmond Fernandes, MB, BCh, FRCS(Edin)

Quote:
Phase II: the period for tissue proliferation

In standard wounds, the inflammatory phase ends after about 5 to 6 days, as proliferation and tissue formation ensue.

Quote:
Phase III – the process of tissue remodeling

Tissue remodeling continues for months after the injury and is mainly done by the fibroblasts (Fig. 15). By the fifth day after injury, the fibronectin matrix is laid down along the axis in which fibroblasts are aligned and in which collagen will be laid down. TGF-b and other growth factors play an important part in the formation of this matrix. Collagen type III is laid down in the upper dermis just below the basal layer of the epidermis. Collagen type III is gradually replaced by collagen type I over a period of a year or more, which gives increased tensile strength.

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Bethany. That was amazing! Shock Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, this is taken from the TriPollar Questions & Answers article at:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:8gZlByGG-nYJ:wellnessbuzzhub.com/embeddedimages/faq.pdf%20STOP%20tripollar%20device%20is%20it%20safe?

67.LED devices? Normally 24 Hr after LED is ok but depends on the actual treatment.

This would appear to conflict with the inflammation cascade theory. All very confusing, don't you think?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:8gZlByGG-nYJ:wellnessbuzzhub.com/embeddedimages/faq.pdf%20STOP%20tripollar%20device%20is%20it%20safe?

67.LED devices? Normally 24 Hr after LED is ok but depends on the actual treatment.

This would appear to conflict with the inflammation cascade theory. All very confusing, don't you think?

They do make an important disctinction when they say it depends on the treatment.

If the Tripollar is being used to melt fat, for instance, the inflammation wouldn't be a mechanism for that, I don't think? So in theory, the LED wouldn't interfere with that. But where inflammation is crucial, LEDs would hinder results. Just my speculation of course, to be taken with a pinch of salt Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Keliu wrote:

They do make an important disctinction when they say it depends on the treatment.

If the Tripollar is being used to melt fat, for instance, the inflammation wouldn't be a mechanism for that, I don't think? So in theory, the LED wouldn't interfere with that. But where inflammation is crucial, LEDs would hinder results. Just my speculation of course, to be taken with a pinch of salt Smile

Yep...I agree with Low, since the professional tool is really being used for different purposes. And everyone has the choice to do whatever they want, and no one will judge them!

But avoiding anti-inflammatories is my personal position, especially since I am trying to compare this to dermarolling, and that is the process that got me great results in that instance.

But that FAQ was VERY interesting...thanks for sharing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
I so want one of these machines!

Has anyone tried it places other than the face?

I am thinking thighs or loose abdominal folds from losing weight?

Mildred

Mildred, this particular model is really far too small and too weak for larger areas...though you might be able to do the backs of your arms.

But start saving because they are coming out with a body model down the road!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
STOP treatment #7 tonight... Very Happy (Perhaps the 7th time will be the charm ... Laughing )

Kassy, I did my 7th treatment last night...

I am reserving any detailed feedback until I finish the 12 treatments, but I dare say that I *think* I see some slight tightening on my neck because my neck lines actually look thicker at the moment. Shock I think that is because the skin is being tightened a bit and perhaps they are being pulled vertically? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I found this:

Radio Frequency Aesthetic Device
Our RF Aesthetic Device is professionally used for face tightening and body reshaping by 0. 3MHz & 0. 5Mhz high frequency energy

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/101482672/Radio_Frequency_Aesthetic_Device.html

Perhaps some of the more scientific types of posters can evaluate it.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
The One-Size-Fits-All setting of the STOP might not be appropriate for all skin needs. The explanation and graphics on this page, about halfway down, under 'SelectPulse™ – The Matrix RF Clinical Advantage' show what different settings can do for different skin needs:

http://www.syneron.com/Solutions/Physicians/Products/matrixrf.html

It says:

Matrix RF is equipped with SelectPulse to enable customization of the depth of ablation and degree of skin resurfacing based on your patient’s needs. Choose from three programs to emulate the most common treatments found in most stand-alone fractional systems.

It looks like different settings are required for different wrinkle depths.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse, I think you're wasting your time comparing Stop to professional salon equipment. Of course, professional machines are going to be much more sophisticated and powerful and way more expensive than a home-use device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, back to the inflammation issue again - I currently take Omega 3 and MSM - both are anti-inflammatories for my arthritis. So where does that leave me with the inflammation cascade induced by the Dermaroller and Stop - I guess I'm negating everything.

BTW, I agree totally with your methodology and thinking in regard to inflammation and collagen renewal - I'm just putting stuff out their for discussion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

That really wasn't my point. My point is that the STOP only has one frequency, I assume, and that frequency probably isn't going to be a one-size-fits-all remedy for all these posters' needs.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I am reserving any detailed feedback until I finish the 12 treatments, but I dare say that I *think* I see some slight tightening on my neck because my neck lines actually look thicker at the moment. Shock I think that is because the skin is being tightened a bit and perhaps they are being pulled vertically? Confused

Well I did my 7th treatment last night, and woke up this morning with a very deep wrinkle/line under my right eye that I never had before.. Also, my undereye bags are worse than ever. Both upper eye lids are puffy and the skin looks a bit looser. I'm hoping it's just inflammation, and will improve in the next few days.

I haven't had any improvements at all, just a worsening of the entire eye area so far.. Sad

If you lovely ladies have any suggesstions on how you are using the STOP around your eyes, I'm all ears.. I have been doing it on high, warming the area, then another pass moving the STOP constantly.. Maybe I should be doing it on low .. Anxious

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sunnygirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Well I did my 7th treatment last night, and woke up this morning with a very deep wrinkle/line under my right eye that I never had before.. Also, my undereye bags are worse than ever. Both upper eye lids are puffy and the skin looks a bit looser. I'm hoping it's just inflammation, and will improve in the next few days.

I haven't had any improvements at all, just a worsening of the entire eye area so far.. Sad

If you lovely ladies have any suggesstions on how you are using the STOP around your eyes, I'm all ears.. I have been doing it on high, warming the area, then another pass moving the STOP constantly.. Maybe I should be doing it on low .. Anxious

This is my first tonight to get enough confidence to add my times with STOP. My BF noticed that I looked different after 3rd time. I am a bit more sceptic, but think I am seeing around my mouth area much better. But Saturday night I used the high setting for the first time, afterwards underneath my eyes looked like I was going to get black eyes and a bit swollen, but combined with using Lilash (too much I think) I do not know now which caused the swelling Rolling Eyes I have used STOP on just back of my left hand so I can check on progress all the time Wink and YES I can tell the difference.
By the way, I do not use any other device, or exercise, just Clairns l'huile Bleu and Amatokin (though I do not know if Amatokin does anything) Age 56.5 and used to be an Air Stewardess so have lots of wrinkles travelling in that rarefied oxygen - so I have very dry skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a picture taken on my 59th b-day (Jan 1)
The undereye area is smoothed, and the bags were gone from 3 Tua Viso treatments;

Here's a picture I took today cropped to show my right eye; (I didn't have any crepiness before the last 2 STOP treatments. I have no makeup on in either picture.) As awful as this closeup looks, it's worse in person..

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
... Well I did my 7th treatment last night, and woke up this morning with a very deep wrinkle/line under my right eye that I never had before.. Also, my undereye bags are worse than ever. Both upper eye lids are puffy and the skin looks a bit looser. I'm hoping it's just inflammation, and will improve in the next few days.

Kassy, I used Stop in the area between eye crease, and eye brow, e.g. area directly on orbital bone. Also Toby gave me a tip to push eyebrows up with the fingers while treating the area. I have not tried Toby's suggestion yet, but can see that it might be a better way to treat this area. I have not seen any negative impact from those treatments, and I do all of them on high, but since all of us are different I can see that some areas such as around eyes can be done on a different setting, so try it on low...
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy- you have absolutely gorgeous eyes!

And these eye lashes ...

Regarding the state of the affairs now - it looks to me that your eyes are swollen, so every little thing is magnified 10 times. It is not that the actual new wrinkles were formed, but the inflammation caused the swelling and the swelling accentuated every possible minuscule defect to the point that it looks like a major thing.

It should subside within a few days, if my theory is correct.

I would use some very mild and calming eye cream and watch it for a few days.

Also, if the inflammation is a sign of new collagen building, may be in the long run it is a promise of forthcoming good results...

I tried it yesterday with LED treatment 1st, followed by Stop - nothing to report yet (nothing in any direction).

I am trying to be hopeful, since we all bought the thing and are now stuck with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
sunnygirl wrote:
... This is my first tonight to get enough confidence to add my times with STOP. My BF noticed that I looked different after 3rd time. I am a bit more sceptic, but think I am seeing around my mouth area much better. But Saturday night I used the high setting for the first time, afterwards underneath my eyes looked like I was going to get black eyes and a bit swollen, but combined with using Lilash (too much I think) I do not know now which caused the swelling Rolling Eyes I have used STOP on just back of my left hand so I can check on progress all the time Wink and YES I can tell the difference.
By the way, I do not use any other device, or exercise, just Clairns l'huile Bleu and Amatokin (though I do not know if Amatokin does anything) Age 56.5 and used to be an Air Stewardess so have lots of wrinkles travelling in that rarefied oxygen - so I have very dry skin.

sunnygirl - welcome to the forum! Smile Thanks for your Stop feedback!!

I have not have adverse reaction to RF so far. Now I do treatments less often, no diminishing results from what have been achieved previously, and I expect as the months pass by improved collagen formation, and more improvements in the overall appearance. If I can maintain what I currently have I would be quite happy!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
When are you girls going to start posting some pics? Question

Page 3 and around page 22 of this thread have photos. I believe there is only 1 other person having success with this (mpst) who has not posted photos. I don't think anybody else has had any results worth posting.

In addition to pages 3 & 22, page 11 has before and after photos. Also catski provided a detailed post on her good results on page 5.

bethany wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
When are you girls going to start posting some pics? Question

Hey Inky, how about it we start with YOUR pics? Then we can offer up some advice on whether you might be a good candidate for STOP.

And if you immediately think "I'm not posting MY pics online!" keep in mind that most people feel the same way. I happen to post pics myself for others' benefit, but that is the exception to the rule instead of the norm.

Ditto!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |