Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Caucasian, fair skin, not much sun damage, good diet and supplements, normal monthly cycle, slim with stable weight. I have had good results with Stop pretty much since the very beginning.
savill01
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,, I'm Israeli born and have slightly olive skin,, when i was younger used to roast myself in the sun to get a good tan. The Stop has really made a difference. One thing that i can definitely tell you is that my skin seems thicker and my face more defined. its quite a nice feeling really as it seems to define the cheek areas more and you skin seems to be a lot more resilient and have more bounce.

Noticeable areas are around my eyes,, have very tiny lines but no nothing at all but plump skin so I'm really impressed.

My mum who really needed some help for her skin shes 67 and really had not taken care of her skin so much has seen a really big difference. Okay its not surgery but the lift is very apparent and the crepiness around her eyes seems to be vastly reduced.

She uses it on her hands and that really is a wow factor,, her hands have been de aged by probably 10 years.

I do use the machine not sure if i should but anyway i take it on my lower eye area okay no where near my eye dont want that frying but just under and have seen noticeable results.

Also now this is quite good but just take it over your lip area slowly it really plumps them up brilliantly i do that and my mum and most of my training clients that use the machine.

My clients are a real mixture of skin tones , skin care users etc. and its worked on all of them except one lady who doesn't really take the time to do it properly and misses the treatments ever so often,

it does take dedication to use it but after 7 weeks maybe a bit longer for some people you will notice some difference.

It took one of my clients 10 weeks before she noticed a really visible difference and she was on the verge of giving up.

Also some peoples skin takes a lot longer to reach the optimum temperature. The first time i used the machine it took me about 7 minutes just to get the one area to heat up enough, then after repeat usage i can get it ready in maybe 3 minutes now with the heat spreading to other areas very quickly.

Ive had clients who have tried the machine on tummy areas and not noticed a thing but then again if the skin is so stretched unfortunately happens to some people and its circulation is compromised the machine may not do a thing. But if someone has an area of just a small amount of slackening then Ive seen it work.

Guess as with anything there results vary but Ive noticed the most results when its used on the face and neck.

Hope this helps

danny

5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm one of the first ones here who purchased Stop. Just an update, I've stopped using stop Smile Reason is that there was no major change to my skin after using it for a few months.

I'm sure most of you have already viewed the result on my mother (who is 60+), her result was quite amazing. Well that never happened to me. I am in mid 30s, Asian, fair skin, slight pigmentation problem. I wanted to improve the expression lines under my eyes and nothing happened so far. I have no fine lines/wrinkles anywhere when I don't smile.

My conclusion is, I think Stop only works on non-expression fine lines/wrinkles. It will not cure deep folds/wrinkles or expression lines. I did mention that it gave me a plumper skin / glow but I agree with Bethany that was more like an inflammation, although it will last for a day or two. Nothing permanent happened. I was kinda disappointed. That same plumper look was achievable with cheaper topical products such as Cellbone that I recently purchased after reading its reviews on this site.

That said I still believe it's a genuine device that works to cure wrinkles, but it only acts like an "iron" and would iron out fine lines and shallow wrinkles, result could be permanent I guess after a while. I don't find it able to stimulate collagen growth or generate any skin deep effect. So Stop might only work on a group of people but not me.

Sorry for such a negative post, that was just my subjective opinion, I'm sure some of you might find the device effective Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
buramiko wrote:
Sorry for such a negative post, that was just my subjective opinion, I'm sure some of you might find the device effective Smile

Buramiko, you certainly shouldn't apologize for your post...I think it was honest (as opposed to negative) and people need to hear all perspectives before they spend the $$$.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Buramiko

Toby has had significant results with her machine helping her deep lines, but it does seem that it works on some people and not others. I am looking for a used machine, if you are interested in selling it. (I don't want to pay top dollar, especially if it doesn't work!)

Inky (Lisa)
sunnygirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Me 56.5 Caucasion, ex Air Stewardess, American, born of UK & USA/Germany parents, med skin with freckles and what was jet black hair (now is very white, though I dye it red !. Live in UK. always out in the sun, when it is there (for a bit of sun damage) a little suntan lotion, a bit of sunbed every so often, enjoy glass of wine. Skin quite good condition considering . Had bleparsy (spelling) 14 years ago and 5 years of botox, stopped 8 months ago. Find the STOP results quite good. ll not as deep and around bottom sides of mouth not as deep, but eyes look like they have had a hammering !! Not helped by the Lilash episode last week. Under left eye day after STOP looks like it is going black. BF says he can see a difference all over !! Having No8 treatment tonight. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
This 'rollcall' of skin type and coloring, age.. and results... is so very helpful,

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
denham
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
adding to the roll-call poll.

male, caucasian, 31. medium-thick mixed skin - olive/rosy, oily/dry, generally ok (frankly i'm not even sure anymore what's underneath it all - definitely one to overdo things)

been using STOP since 1/24 - i think about 7-8TX (haven't really been keeping count). problem is that almost at the same time i started on ageless (and a small ultrasound/LED unit), so i'm not sure what's doing what - beyond the chronic ruddiness. also use retin-A, and CPs (which i'm increasingly concerned about after reading what people on here have to say about it). emu is my main moisturizer, and recently, based on jasminerosy's recommendation i've also added tamanu & helichrysum e.o. (thank you JR!).

what i think the stop does: for 1-3 days after tx everything is smoother all over, skin looks 'calmer' once the initial redness subsides and, especially on days 2-3, tight feeling and look and, possibly improved contours and diminished lines. it's all very subtle and possibly subjective. i do use it very close to the eyes and that area takes at least 12-24 hrs to bounce back and look good/better.

hope this has some statistical relevance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am 37 Asian , Olive Complexion, Acne Prone skin ,Use Sea Kelp,Vit.C, DIY Lotions Not much sun damage never used sunscreen but avoided sun Non smoker, No alcohol ,Love water and thats my drink also drink Green Tea and feel am a Black tea addict...Around 8-9 Tx so far no remarkable results, problem areas under eye fine lines some fine lines on the forehead still there.Some tightening effect overall nothing to brag about. Also using AALS. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Toby here...Okay these are some pictures of my neck. I really didn't think I needed too much work on my neck so I haven't always treated my neck when I have done my face. I guess I needed glasses now that I see the picures! Laughing My neck is acutally long and thin but looks like a short tree truck here Embarassed Oh well it is a prettier tree truck than before.
ImageImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Toby,

Your neck results look GREAT...much smoother and tighter now (and even your before looks far better than my current, sigh).

At this point, I see the STOP benefit as really being more focused on tightening (vs. collagen creation), and your neck and forehead pics have illustrated that benefit very well. YAY for you!!

And I have seen some tightening as well...YAY for me!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am 29, caucasian. Used the Stop 7 times on my face and no longterm improvement so far. I had the plumpness right after a stop treatment, but didn't last.
Currently stopped using it(also due to doubts about longterm effects) and now I am doing ageless exercises.

Yay Toby, I see definitely improvement on your neck! Not only tightening, but also your skin looks fresher and younger. Is this pic taken right after a Stop session? Because that can be misleading (due to inflammation or whatever causes the temporary plumpness).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, your results are very encouraging. I think the overall quality of the skin has improved as well as the tightening - your skin looks smoother. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
I am 29, caucasian. Used the Stop 7 times on my face and no longterm improvement so far. I had the plumpness right after a stop treatment, but didn't last.
Currently stopped using it(also due to doubts about longterm effects) and now I am doing ageless exercises.

Yay Toby, I see definitely improvement on your neck! Not only tightening, but also your skin looks fresher and younger. Is this pic taken right after a Stop session? Because that can be misleading (due to inflammation or whatever causes the temporary plumpness).

I took the picture several days after the 10th treatment.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yay Toby! That little neck looks fabuloso girl.. Very Happy

Pictures, pictures, pictures... they really are worth a thousand words!

Thanks for sharing...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Something that you may want to notice as you view the neck pictures is the first one was taken outside and we all know how harsh the outdoor lights are. The reason I used that picture is because it is the only one I had, it would be a better comparison if both had been made inside. As far as the skin texture in the after picture is it is better but the most important thing is you can focus in on it in the middle is there was a looseness right where my throat and neck come together.The tighten of this loose area is what is most impressive.

I appreciate the compliments and I think Bethany's comment about the skin being tightened up is exactly what I am seeing. I don't have a noticeable inflammation after using the stop but I see my skin looking the best several days later, it is as if the skin is adhering to the face closer and has tightened to be closer molded to the face.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, how many treatments have you done so far, and how often are you doing the treatments at this point?

Thanks!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I got real behind for a couple of weeks and did one every six days a couple of times, now I am trying to do every other day. I will probably do a couple more and then go on maintenance.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby!

I did treatment #11 today, but don't have anything one way or the other to report..

There is one thing I'm confused about though, and it happened these last 2 treatments.. The device/green light keeps powering off, when I've barely touched a spot for a couple of seconds. That never happened before TX #10. How can the skin have reached the optimal temp, when I barely touched it?

Do I have a clunker, or can anyone relate to this?

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the same thing with my last treatment and my thoughts are.... I am much more skilled with treatments now and my skin is heating up better. The machine cutting off is to keep things at the right temp. I have noticed that the heat seeps from one treatment area to another and the next area doesn't seem to take as long to heat up.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Keep in mind that the closer your treatments are, the more inflammation remains (even if it is not visble to your eye). And any additional fluid will expedite the skin reaching the optimal temperature.

I have tested this on myself...both with a treatment every other day, as well as almost a week between treatments, but with excess fluid in my face from PMS and/or too many Diet Cokes the day before. I retain water like crazy, especially in my face due to my previous nose surgery. My findings were:

- Every other day treatments heated up far faster than if I waited 4 or more days between treatments.
- It did not matter how long between treatments it is had been, provided that I had excess fluid in my face from PMS or sodium-caused fluid retention...the optimal temp was reached almost immediately.
- A treatment following a rapid one (above) took far longer to reach optimal temperature once the fluid had dissipated and I waited 4 or more days.
- The only consistent factor with rapid vs. slower treatments was the level of fluid (in my particular case).

Yes, I know that I am nuts for actually testing this, but....what can I say? I AM nuts! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hadn't thought of that but I can see how it could be true. It is hard for me to do every other day so I haven't noticed that the treatments are different when they are close together or spread further apart. I will start watching but I only have a couple left.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies!

Now that you mention the 'fluid retention', that really makes sense that it would account for quicker heating. And yes, I only left a day or two between these last two treatments, versus 3 days previously...

See, now that's why I love the lovely ladies of EDS so much. They are always right there to help me figure it all out ... Very Happy Very Happy

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, did you ever hear anything from Halina on helping us to get the STOP gel at a better price?

I am pretty sure I remember reading something about that a gazillion pages ago, but I could be wrong. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy, did you ever hear anything from Halina on helping us to get the STOP gel at a better price?

I am pretty sure I remember reading something about that a gazillion pages ago, but I could be wrong. Confused

When we spoke on the phone, I told her it was an expensive proposition for us in the US to have to buy the gel + cream on an ongoing basis, especially considering the shipping fee's.. She said when the time came to reorder, anybody could write her an email, and she would work out a better deal..

I think it would only be worthwhile for her/us with a minimum purchase of probably 6 jars at a time or more..

I've barely made a dent in my jar yet, so it looks like it will last quite a long time.

ETA:.. I'm still waiting for an answer from Colleen regarding an alternative or glycerin for the treatment.. Nothing yet!

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |