Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vivier C E kinerol serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I always liked Vivier serums. I haven't used their C serum in quite a while, but this one caught my eye. Here's what I came up with when I googled kinerol. What is it anyway?

http://drroseca.blogspot.com/2008/08/vivier-releases-amazing-new-serum.html
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing, marina. This serum was just added to EDS' store. It looks as if it replaces Vivier Kine-C serum, as that one is no longer listed under Vivier products.

One of the main ingredients, kinerol, is described as a "peptide complex that stimulates growth of skin cells and important components of the framework of the skin". Kinerol was also an ingredient in the former Kine-C serum.

To me it seems like the only difference between the former Kine -C and this new serum, is the addition of vitamin E in the new formula. That is great since vitamin C and E work synergistically with one another to enhance the antioxidant properties. The only problem is that I am not able to identify vitamin E on the ingredients list published on EDS. Perhaps anybody else can weigh in here? I also dislike that Vivier does not disclose the percentage of vitamin C in the new serum, as far as I can see.

Ingredients Vivier CE Kinerol Serum:
Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Water, L-Ascorbic-Acid USP, Grapefruit Extract, Parfum, Hydrolyzed Casein, Hydrolysed Yeast Protein, Lysine HCI.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/vivier-c-e-kinerol-serum-p_9733.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
ETA: I have to correct myself. The former formula, Vivier Kine-C, contained kinetin, whereas this new serum contains kinerol, that is apparently a new peptide complex. I have no idea if kinerol is better than kinetin, but the before/after pictures in the blog that marina provided a link to, look impressive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I was simply curious till I saw the blog. I know many people have dark circle problems and these are very hard to deal with. I generally turn away from products where the reviews claim results are 'immediate' but I'm a bit impatient by nature so 4-6 weeks for verifiable results looked good. That said, I can't even find this product on the company's website Confused
Dr. Rose
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it contains 10% Vit C.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
so should you use the kinerol and the vit c 20% or one or the other, I am a little confused between the two.

Right now I just use a 30% vitamin C....should I be using the kinerol V and E?
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
To be more specific....what is the difference between the $135 and the $120 vitamin C E kinerol etc? Do you use that with a normal high potency vitamin C or just this .......or one or the other?
Dr. Rose
5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I hope I'm answering the right question here.

The way I approach the Vivier serums is this: if I have someone young and we are just trying to keep the skin youthful, I suggest plain Vit C (start with 10%, could increase to 20% if desired and tolerated).

I used to separate people with lots of ongoing damage to skin (sun, wind, cold) from people with dry skin, and suggest C&E for the former and Kine-C for the latter.

Now, with the C E Kinerol, I can use the same product for both groups.

I'm thinking about stocking just the plain C serum and the C E Kinerol but I still have some clients that want the C&E or the Kine-C.

To my mind, the critical thing about serums is whether the active ingredients penetrate to where you want them to go. The skin is a great barrier. Some products proclaim that they contain certain ingredients but if the ingredients aren't penetrating, they're not going to do you any good.

When I started with Vivier, they showed me the published research that confirms that their Vit C penetrates all the layers of the skin and increases the collagen levels in the various layers. So I think you will get results with a 10% Vit C serum from Vivier where you would need a higher concentration with another company.

If I'm preaching to the choir here, I apologize Embarassed . I'm new to this forum and I'm passionate about this topic, having used ineffective products for many years.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I appreciate your help. Being only 25 if I just stick to a Vitamin C I should be fine?

When do you incorporate E or the Kinerol? I apologize if you already addressed this.
Dr. Rose
5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jeffiner13,

If you're already using good products at 25, avoiding sun and other skin-damagers such as smoking and extremes of weather, you may be just fine with only Vit C for the rest of your life.

I didn't start using good products until I was over 40 and had tons of sun damage and rosacea so I'm jealous of you. Wink

Cheers!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!!

I will stick with what works.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I received a generous sample of the CE Kinerol and have been using it for about a week now, thought I'd give my first impressions.

First off, my main concern currently is fading red post-acne marks. I have pale, sensitive skin that stays red for months post-zit; despite having that mostly under control, I always get a hormonal zit or two every month, so the challenge is always there. Oh, I started using this at night, but I'm considering switching to using it in the mornings based on more reading about Vit C on EDS. But that first morning after using it I was amazed! It actually provided overnight fading!! Even DH agreed. That first day was the biggest in terms of results, but my skin has definitely started to calm down/even out thanks to it. The serum is liquid in texture, and it goes on nicely without any oily residue. I know it's expensive, but this sample definitely has me excited! In terms of color, it's barely yellow (which I know is an oxidation concern); it's somewhere just about clear in color.

I just got some new goodies in the mail, so the temptation to divert to them is there, but I've been really happy with the Vivier and I think they'll just have to wait! I plan to just keep going all the way through the sample (which it appears will last a long time -- you only need a couple drops, and this is from an itsy-bitsy dropper).

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
i have been using this serum for about a week and i notice my skin is clearer and brighter. I also love the serum's texture. Very Happy
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to just now be getting to this thread....I use Vivier 20% and love it (except for the price....so now I do one bottle Vivier and then one bottle of 20% Emergin-c)

Jennifer13 - you said you use 30% vit C? Where do you get that and what brand??

I have been using 20% for several years now and I would be interested in trying a higher %.

TIA

5% products discount

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
When we did the study for Vivier for the C E Kinerol, I recruited participants from my family and people in neighboring businesses. Within a couple of days, it seemed like everyone around me was walking around with a special glow to their complexion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any better idea exactly what peptides are in the kinerol formula? For those of us already using a peptide serum, this could be redundant. Or, if the price was right, it might replace a separate C serum and peptide serum.

But only if we know what "kinerol" actually is...
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I believe that Kinerol is Cytokinol from LABORATOIRES SÉROBIOLOGIQUES. Cytokinol has the INCI: Hydrolyzed Casein (and) Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein (and) Lysine HCl. Note that in the ingredient list for the Vivier serum with Kinerol the last three ingredients are identical to the Cytokinol INCI.

Here is the manufacturer brochure on Cytokinol where you can read more about what Cytokinol is and what it supposedly does.

http://www.laboratoires-serobiologiques.com/portals/1/pdf/MP_Cytokinol_EN.pdf
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kitty. It sounds like it *might* be effective or then again, maybe not. I'll wait till there is more objective evidence-based research out there before parting with money for this.
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using Vivier's 20% and would like to try this one, but was worried about dropping down the Vit C percentage. Has anyone also been in the same situation and have they noticed any difference (for better or worse), in their skin with the change in products?
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I had used this serum for about a week and i notice my skin is clearer and brighter. But after I stop to use it,my skin change black like unused it before.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
so should you use the kinerol and the vit c 20% or one or the other, I am a little confused between the two.

30% vitamin c?????????????very high concentration. and how much of it. dose it work anyway?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
tinali0202 wrote:
Jeffiner13 wrote:

30% vitamin c?????????????very high concentration. and how much of it. dose it work anyway?

Yes, 30% does seem high. Is the recommended dosage 20%?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |