Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laser hair removal cost - is this price competitive?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a promotion for laser hair removal packages:

Upper lips - $49 for a pkg of 5 treatments
Under arms - $188 for a pkg of 5 treatments
Lower legs - $488 for a pkg of 5 treatments

How are these prices? I am considering getting it done.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Are those prices per treatment or for the entire package? If per treatment then those are good. If thats the package price then those prices are really inexpensive, so much so I'd be concerned.

From what I've seen those look closer to per treatment prices. I've paid between $125-$200 for underarms for 1 treatment.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I called and asked to confirm. The price is for all 5 treatments, not per treatment. My friend thought it was expensive. She said she paid $125 for one hour, and the technician would do whichever areas she wanted. This place said an actual doctor performs the treatments.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've only seen pricing by the area and those prices are comparable to 1 treatment from what I have seen/paid.

I would jump at it at those prices.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe they want to attract customers to their spa and try to sell you other skincare procedures that they will convince you that you need. Laughing
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
If those prices are the total cost for 5 treatments then those prices are fantastic.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you call again and ask them what kind of lasers they have. Ask for the name and model. Those prices are pretty good, too good to be true I'd say (unless they're a brand-new place and those are introductory prices). They could be using older lasers, or lasers that only work on one skin/hair type.

I've been getting the Brazilian bikini and pay $175 per session, which is truly a bargain in my area since they go for like $300+ at other medispas here. They use the LightSheer TM Diode Laser which can be used on ethnic skin. The lady who performs the laser on me is an RN, but the place is under the supervision of a Board-certified dermatologist.

I'd do a little more research on this place before going in for a session, just to be safe.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Amira wrote:
I suggest you call again and ask them what kind of lasers they have. Ask for the name and model. Those prices are pretty good, too good to be true I'd say (unless they're a brand-new place and those are introductory prices). They could be using older lasers, or lasers that only work on one skin/hair type.

ITA. The price is too good to be true. Unless like ruk1 said once they get you in they try to sell you all kinds of stuff.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought the under arms and upper lip treatments to try.

The procedure was performed by a doctor. He seemed to know what he was doing. He started me at level 18 and up to 19 for upper lip. For under arms, he started at level 20 and went up to 24 as he tried to gauge my reaction and the pain level.

They seem to be on the up and up level. $49 for 5 treatments on upper lip, and $188 for 5 treatments on under arms. I had to pay up front.

I'm going back in 3-4 weeks. Hopefully I only need 5 treatments.

How often do you all go back? The doctor explained the reason for going back was because hair grows at different rate, and the laser will zap/kill the one that is actively growing.

I don't have that much hair. My hair is also not that thick. But because you all said it's a good deal, I went for it. I did not go for the lower legs because it was too expensive for me.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
It is true hairs grow at different rates. The hair has to be in its growth phase for the laser to effect it, so all hairs do not get an effective treatment each time and thats normal.

As you start getting treatments the laser does effect the hair growth, usually it will start to grow back much slower. IMO its better to wait 6-8 weeks (or more) between treatments to make sure all hairs have had a chance to get growing again. It's possible you may not have much growth in 3-4 weeks.

Usually fine and/or light hair does not respond well to laser and will require more treatments or possibly just not be effective.
It takes 6-12 months after your last treatment to determine how effective the laser was for you. You may start to have some regrowth after a few months.

HTH

The prices you paid are really a great deal. Its normal to have to pay upfront when you get a package of treatments.
Amira
5% products discount

Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
As you start getting treatments the laser does effect the hair growth, usually it will start to grow back much slower. IMO its better to wait 6-8 weeks (or more) between treatments to make sure all hairs have had a chance to get growing again. It's possible you may not have much growth in 3-4 weeks.

Exactly. I had to cancel my first session several times because I had waxed before and didn't know you weren't supposed to wax for at least 6 weeks before the treatment. I had to keep canceling every week because it was taking the hair forever to grow. I'm going to my third bikini session next week on the 3rd, and my last session was August 21st. It also depends on how fast your hair grows. Generally, underarm hair grows faster so that might be why your doctor has you coming in sooner.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Those prices seem great, I paid $3400 for full legs,bikini and underarms for all 5 treatments. This was over a 2 yrs ago and now I am smooth and I love it. I have had 2 touch ups here and there, but they are reduced price and are almost the same cost as a waxing treatment --like $75 for underarms and bikini about $210 full legs. Overall I would say I have 85-90% less hair on my legs and 75-80% on my underarms/bikini and its been 2 yrs now. IF you want to purchase each treatment as they go rather than a package, then it is a little more expensive like other people have stated it is like $125 per hour. But that is why you should get the package. In CA they are required by Law to have a doctor on the premises but its usually nurses that perform the procedures. Unlike some other states where spa personnel or estheticians can perform the procedures. My friend in DC said the lady who waxes her also does the laser treatment, that can be a little dangerous because they are not medically trained like nurses or doctors.

I think prices lower these days because of the poor economy and the lack of people spending money on these "extra" treatments so there are lots of specials going on. The medspa that I went to had lots of other procedures and products, but they never "pushed" anything on me. That is extremely important, because you don't want to spend $$ on extra things you didn't want in the 1st place.

Do the research and look up the company online, see if there are any complaints online or thru the BBB. If they check out and have good reviews, and the prices are the what you listed....go for it, good luck!
fairy8i8
5% products discount

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Where did you get such a great deal? I've been thinking about laser hair removal, but the costs I've seen were in the thousands of dollars for packages.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |