Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nuface and Baby Quasar together???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
I am new to posting but have been reading & surfing this awesome site for the past few weeks. All the raves about Nuface and Baby Quasar have me ready to sink the money into these two seemingly GREAT devices.
I will be 30 in November and lost about 110 pounds with the help of gastric bypass 10 years ago. My face slimmed down (along with the rest of my body) but I have some excess skin which is causing some sagging in my nasolabial folds as well as giving me an undefined jaw line. I also developed a little hyperpigmentation on my upper lip which Obagi Nu-Derm has helped (but not completely) cleared up over the past couple of years.
My question is this: is it possible (and a good idea) to use NuFace and BQ together? If so, do I alternate them every other day or use them each once or twice a week? I've read about muscle atrophy happening due to overuse so I want to get the best results without overdoing it. And, what are the best products for skin firming, smoothing, and tightening when using these devices?
KEEP UP THE GREAT discussions and thanks, in advance, for anyone's response!!
Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the BQ but do have a Prolight and the Nuface. I love my prolight but don't use my Nuface because I honestly couldn't see any change when I used it. I do use facial exercises called FlexEffect and that along with DMAE serum for skinactives has taken care of my issues with some sag. I think there are many things more effective for sagging skin than Nuface, but of course that is only from my experience and others may have been more satisfied.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I have nuface and a prolight. I do use both of them as they both do different things. I do like the nuface and have only been using it for a week or so about every other day, it does seem to tighten things up a bit. I'm almost 40 Crying or Very sad .. so i probably have more sag than you. If you don't have a lot of sag then you might not see noticeable results. Good Luck!
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! Very Happy
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Both are great units, but you might want to purchase just ONE first. If you buy both and start using them both at the same time - you never know which of them is really making a difference in your skin. Plus its better to start off with one thing at a time, and not bombard your skin with a couple different new techniques/ products at once. Juts my two sense.
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again, great advice. So, any suggestions on which device to start with first?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lilsigngrl...wow...good for you losing all that! You must feel very proud. My g/f has recently lost 100 pounds and same thing has happened to her. Regarding which one to use first, I would suggest that the Baby Quasar would do more for the excess skin that is causing the sagging (although probably not enough to "reverse" it). The BQ works to establish more collagen in the skin's lower layers. This helps to pad out the skin a little, and to give it some tautness. The Nu Face works on the muscles of the face. Although untoned muscles can contribute to sagging, you can have very taut facial musculature and still have loose skin. I hope that helps a little. Smile You might also consider a face cream that increases collagen production such as Remergent Barrier Repair formula. This claims to prevent or restrict the activation of the enzymes elastase and metalloproteinase, which degrade collagen and elastin. PM me if you need more info on that.
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Cool Thanks so much for the awesome reply! I'm still on the learning curve with the BQ, the five times I've used it have given me acne every time! So, I'm going to change up the pre-BQ routine and try to put something different on my face next time to see if it makes a difference.

Good job to your g/f for losing the weight! It's hard but so so worth it Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
lilsigngrl wrote:
I'm still on the learning curve with the BQ, the five times I've used it have given me acne every time! So, I'm going to change up the pre-BQ routine and try to put something different on my face next time to see if it makes a difference. Very Happy

Be careful not to use anything with occlusive ingredients, because it will seal in the bacteria, and also deflect the light from entering your skin..

Also, be sure to clean the head with a bit of alcohol after each use..

Also be sure you exfoliate on a daily basis, which will remove the dead skin cells, and allow everything else to penetrate to the max!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ok... any suggestions? I'm using Obagi Nu-Derm but wasn't doing that pre-BQ... I was using Save Me by Philosophy due to the vitamin-C/peptide benefits in hopes of firming.

I know BQ makes a HA serum and a hyperpigmentation serum, but those are expensive and I really want to FIRM my skin.

So, wonderful ladies, anyone want to chime in on a great pre-BQ routine? Confused
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Silk hyaluronic acid complex provided by the Quasar folks. It's low molecular weight, which means it penetrates the skin well. Source Naturals also makes a good hyaluronic acid serum, which I have just ordered. It is less expensive. Generally speaking, you want as little "guk" on your face as possible. The folks at Quasar recommend washing your face with a non-foaming cleanser, then applying the serum and allow it to penetrate a little before using the BQ. I would say that using it on bare skin would be just fine as well (provided you don't drag at the skin). If you do that, apply something moisturising such as the serum afterwards, to prevent drying. I apply either Source Naturals Skin Eternal cream (which has DMAE, Alpha-lipoic acid and vit-C in it and is very moisturising), or Vichy Neovadiol - a light cream formulated for menopausal and post-menopausal skin. The key is to use something very light and non-occlusive before the BQ and something moisturing afterwards. If you are breaking out, I'd use something fairly light afterwards as well. Smile
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hooray! This forum is the best! Thanks for all the great advice!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have my BQ for a month, really love the result. Struggling if I should by a Nuface.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm struggling with that too. Derms seem to think that it "pulls" at the skin, causing wrinkles, but they probably are thinking of those awful gadgets in my mother's heyday, which literally had a current so strong that the side of her face would clench up like a fist. Very scary. I need to read more into this!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I know BQ is made in the US, does anyone know about NuFace, I suspect it is made in China, because I found made cheap models which look exactly like Nuface selling for USD50 in China.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
A lot of items are made in China. While many are cheap, many more are made under licence with strict QC standards imposed by the company whose goods are being manufactured. So "Made in China" doesn't necessarily mean poor quality. I don't have a NuFace (yet Wink)so I can't see where it was made. I don't think this would be a factor in my electing to purchase one though. My only question would be, "Does it work effectively?"
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Just had to chime in with my opinion on NuFace.

It's way overpriced, didn't work (for me), and the battery wires came apart with the 2nd battery change and rendered it useless.

I also found it very cumbersome + uncomfortable to use.

The warranty wasn't honored, because I didn't save the receipt.. Crying or Very sad (I had it less than 3 months!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
OK, well, based on that, I just saved myself some moolah. A theee-month warranty? Did I read that right? By the way, treatment with this gadget was advertised (in the elevators at the Four Seasons Wailea) as being available at their spa.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I am so wanna to try BQ, it is sounds so great. Blue and red use together
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
OK, well, based on that, I just saved myself some moolah. A theee-month warranty? Did I read that right? By the way, treatment with this gadget was advertised (in the elevators at the Four Seasons Wailea) as being available at their spa.

It "has" a 1 year warranty, but it wasn't honored because I didn't have the reciept.. I had it less than 3 months when it broke. I bought it at spalook.com

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that info, Kassy. I've never bought from Spalook. I wonder how many people don't keep their receipts, trusting tha something so expensive will be well made?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
My nuface chewed through batteries like wild. I kept taking it out in between because of this and then my wires ruined (like Kassie) I have to put on my electrition hat to get it to work - very hit or miss. And since I've been devoted ot FE and Ageless I've shelved the little devil.

What a gimmick. Wish I had my cash back. Oh well. Live and learn.
Antonia - a rec for a great product is a Clarisonic if you don't have one. Wink
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sis. I have heard a few stories about the NuFace breaking easily. I'm looking at the Vacu thing at the moment...

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="lilsigngrl"]Hi everyone!
I am new to posting but have been reading & surfing this awesome site for the past few weeks. All the raves about Nuface and Baby Quasar have me ready to sink the money into these two seemingly GREAT devices.
I will be 30 in November and lost about 110 pounds with the help of gastric bypass 10 years ago. My face slimmed down (along with the rest of my body) but I have some excess skin which is causing some sagging in my nasolabial folds as well as giving me an undefined jaw line. I also developed a little hyperpigmentation on my upper lip which Obagi Nu-Derm has helped (but not completely) cleared up over the past couple of years.
My question is this: is it possible (and a good idea) to use NuFace and BQ together? If so, do I alternate them every other day or use them each once or twice a week? I've read about muscle atrophy happening due to overuse so I want to get the best results without overdoing it. And, what are the best products for skin firming, smoothing, and tightening when using these devices?
KEEP UP THE GREAT discussions and thanks, in advance, for anyone's response!!
:D[/quote]
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I use my Tua Viso five days a week in the morning and I use my Anti Aging Light Stim at night while I watch tv. I use Dr. Perricones wrinkle serum when I use the lightstim it is light and penetrates right in. I am curious as to the difference between the Tua Viso and Nuface. What does the Nuface do that The Tua does'nt?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |