Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica AGE smart skin resurfacing cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
My rating = 4/5

I've been using this product for a couple of months now. It's better than I'd anticipated. I've been using several products from the AGE smart line, but this cleanser has to top them for offering the most significant effect in a short period of time.

It's a rinse-off exfoliating cream cleanser, using lactic acid to achieve the exfoliating effect. It also contains Vitamin E.

What's good about it? It's a very effective cleanser, including makeup removal. It smells great (slight rosewood fragrance). Silky texture. Doesn't make my normal / combination skin break out. All good. But the best bit is the exfoliating effect. I've tended to stay away from chemical exfoliants, but this cleanser works really well for getting all the flaky bits sloughed off and rinsed away (rather than only getting most of the flaky bits off, or flaking through the day as I find if I use a day cream with an exfoliant) leaving skin clear and smooth right through the day. It's worked wonders on my under-eye and lip areas, with the benefit really kicking in after about a week of use. My under-eye area is much smoother than before; it's the only product I've used that has significantly smoothed the slightly bumpy skin (not milia) under my eyes. It's the most effective, tolerably gentle exfoliating cleanser I've used, and exfoliating during the cleansing process seems to be the most effective way for me to get day-long clear skin. Its slender pump packaging looks great and makes it easy to use.

What's not so good? The 30-second wait time in the shower. I use it as facial massage time. Also, it stings a bit, particularly when you get it in your eyes, which you do if you use it as I do. The instructions tell you to avoid the eye area, but its effect there has to be one of its best qualities to me. That said, it doesn't leave my eyes red and I don't seem to be developing any eye problems after long-term use. It's also a little pricey at around $40 AUD for 150ml, which lasts me around 6 weeks.

Leaves my skin clean, smooth, slightly moisturised and glowing without redness. I do only use it in the morning, using a less active cleanser at night.

Also, Dermalogica doesn't use animal testing.

All up, a great product. Not sure what I'm waiting for before I give something a 5/5.... Smile

Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, lactic acid, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glyceryle stearate SE, polyacrylate-1 crosspolymer, tocopheryl acetate, titanium dioxide, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, benzyl pca, phenoxyethanol, butylenes glycol, capric/caprylic triglyceride, citonellol, eugenol, geraniaol, linalool, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower oil, acorus calamus root extract, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel extract, pelargonium graveolens oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, rose flower oil

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
havana8

Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Nice review as always, ej! I have been wondering about the Age Smart products so it's nice to hear more about them.

Here's the link to the product on EDS:

Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dermalogica-age-smart-ski-p_8955.htm
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana. I'll try to get other AGE smart reviews up soon. I've been giving the range a real workout!

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
havana8

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
ejthomas wrote:
Thanks havana. I'll try to get other AGE smart reviews up soon. I've been giving the range a real workout!

Yippee for us, ej! I can hardly wait! Very Happy
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review!

With sodium laureth sulfate as the second ingredient, that seems a hefty dose of SLS which tends to be really drying for my skin. I'm loving Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, though, and have defeinitely been eyeing some of their Age Smart products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |