Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How long do we have to be on Obagi NU-Derm for??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sid99
5% products discount

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I have heard many people say that once you come of using obagi or hydroquinone the brown spots return. But I understand this to be the case for freckles/melasma which are heredity or hormonal (internal) but what about acne marks which are caused only because of trauma? WIll they also return? If so why, is it cell memory. But if this is the case surely when your skin lightenes so the cell memory would have adjusted to the new lightened skin?

Please if someone could confirm this, scientifically or through experience?
dbeech
5% products discount

Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I will share my experience with Obagi. I had hyperpigmentation, but not melasma. I used the full Nu-derm system for 4 mos in 2004. I was very pleased with the results. My sunspots faded away completely. My spots have not redeveloped and I do not use the Obagi maintenance products. My current routine includes a high PPD sunscreen from Europe, Vitamin C serum and tazorac. I believe the high PPD sunscreen gets the most credit for keeping my hyperpigmentation at bay.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
hey dbeech this is great to know! I have heard from most people that acne marks do not return after discontinuing hydroquinone if proper sun screen is used.

Anyhow I have completed one week using only clear twice a day and retin-a in the evening and already pigmentation is 30% lighter. I hope this amazing progress continues in the coming weeks, I may not even have to invest in the whole system. I have ordered SPF 50 A+++ by shiseido, I hope it is good!
gen2

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am now on my Day 11 with the full Nuderm plan. I have to come in to work and now my face is peeling. I try to do this after 6 hrs in the office - cleanser, toner, clear & exfoderm. But this does not help with the redness. I read somewhere that I should use the sunscreen instead (since it contains zinc oxide). Tried it today, helps in the redness but today I have bad peeling. Any help? I can't stay at home and I have to face a lot of people daily. I can tolerate the stinging. Just want to get ideas on how you kept at it with all the redness and peeling. Thanks
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I can not comment on other people, but I can comment on Obagi product lines. Been using these for over 5 years and I am extremely happy with it. Once I got the results I needed, I maintained it with the same Obagi lines.. And of course, once you get the results, try to use a stronger SPF (maybe 55 or 60) to ensure that whenever you go out, you skin is protected...
Also, if you are happy with the results, why change? Smile

sid99 wrote:
Okay I have heard many people say that once you come of using obagi or hydroquinone the brown spots return. But I understand this to be the case for freckles/melasma which are heredity or hormonal (internal) but what about acne marks which are caused only because of trauma? WIll they also return? If so why, is it cell memory. But if this is the case surely when your skin lightenes so the cell memory would have adjusted to the new lightened skin?

Please if someone could confirm this, scientifically or through experience?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
gen2 wrote:
Hi, I am now on my Day 11 with the full Nuderm plan. I have to come in to work and now my face is peeling. I try to do this after 6 hrs in the office - cleanser, toner, clear & exfoderm. But this does not help with the redness. I read somewhere that I should use the sunscreen instead (since it contains zinc oxide). Tried it today, helps in the redness but today I have bad peeling. Any help? I can't stay at home and I have to face a lot of people daily. I can tolerate the stinging. Just want to get ideas on how you kept at it with all the redness and peeling. Thanks

gen2, you can gently exfoliate your skin to help with the flaking. When in the shower, you can use just your bare hands and rub your face while it is in the stream of water. That should remove some of the dead skin. You could also try a microfiber cloth, which also helps get the dead skin off. Also, the ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish is a great product that will help with the flakies and keep them at bay for at least several hours, depending on your skin. Whatever you choose for your exfoliation, do it very gently.

As for the redness, that was ongoing for me and lasted all the way through. The only thing that helped tone the redness down was the sunscreen. I do believe there is some type of make-up that is ok to use while on nu derm (I think it is called lycogel, but I am not positive on that as I don't wear make-up). Good luck. If you stick with it, you will love your skin in the end. It will all be worth it!
gen2

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
thank you rileygirl. Today, I tried using the sunscreen with the product and applied it almost every 2 hrs whenever I noticed that I was getting too red. Seems to tame the redness.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, gen2. Keep us posted on your results!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure but I think I need to use Obagi forever Sad Once I was on maintenance routin for 3 weeks, my freckles got back on my face.. Embarassed sad Sad
an95050

Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
dbeech wrote:
I will share my experience with Obagi. I had hyperpigmentation, but not melasma. I used the full Nu-derm system for 4 mos in 2004. I was very pleased with the results. My sunspots faded away completely. My spots have not redeveloped and I do not use the Obagi maintenance products. My current routine includes a high PPD sunscreen from Europe, Vitamin C serum and tazorac. I believe the high PPD sunscreen gets the most credit for keeping my hyperpigmentation at bay.

dbeech I have also been using Obagi and tazorac together. Initially I was using Obagi with retin-a but I did not find that very useful so my dermatologist switched me to Tazorac.I was wondering if you know whether its safe to use a facial scrub during the 18 week period? For example can I use bioelements pumice peel on my face twice a week. Thanks!
arti aniruda

Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 am      Reply with quote
hi guys!! i have been using obagi nu derm for 9 days now and i am really worried about my skin! i am an indian n so my skin turns darker. (more brown) although when i use the products on its really red. my dermatolagist told me that i should be getting used to the system in 5 to 7 days! my skin burns whenever i use the products on and it peels throughout! i am wondering is it normal? or should i discontinue the products. how long will it take for the stinging, burning, redness and peeling to stop?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |