Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

at home versus salon microdermabrasion.Judy..if you missd it
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Danielle Amber
5% products discount

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:13 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall:
You have every right to be confused, as I was too for a very long time...reason being is that the FDA has no proper regulations on what can be termed "microdermabrasion" which makes for some chaos indeed! In fact, most of the companies that sell products called microdermabrasion, don't even have the proper crystals that even enable the process! ie. that are hard enough to do the job.

Truth is though, Manual Microdermabrasion (so long as it IS the proper crystals) IS Microdermabrasion...there have even been studies to prove manual microdermabrasion fared as well as the salon version: (I'll bore you with another study)

Microdermabrasion: A Comparison of Techniques
Synopsis: This study, which is accepted for the Facial Plastic Surgery Section of the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, compares different microdermabrasion systems and techniques. Home based manual microdermabrasion appeared equal to suction microdermabrasion especially in the areas of pigmentation, scarring and acne breakouts. In addition, the manual system appeared to be tolerated better than the suction units with less discomfort and increased patient compliance. The manual microdermabrasion also was subjectively PREFERRED to suction microdermabrasion in the areas of acne scars, sun damage, aging and overall complexion. Histopathological evaluation showed the results of resurfacing for both techniques.

-------

The crystals you want are FUSED MEDICAL GRADE CORUNDUM CRYSTALS...a particular TYPE of aluminum oxide crystal. In nature, they are actually rubies when they have chromium present...Very very hard. Second in hardness only to the DIAMOND! And just because it says aluminum oxide crystals doesn't even mean they're the right ones, you need fused medical grade ones...which is where epidermx comes in...

Unlike the so-called competition out there called microdermabrasion that puts practically anything in a jar there that abrades somewhat, they throw in some other mostly petrol chemical by products (cheap fillers), a little fragrance and make a fortune while the WAVE of popularity of microderm lasts...until people get sick of more products that don't work, unless you stumble upon the real thing like I did. I almost gave up on finding an at home *real deal*

But this is, cause not only do you have the proper crystals but also all the ingredients in there all natural, and VERY high quality, but just to be sure it *worked* I tried the salon version too, and personally I thougt this cream worked Just As Well As if not BETTER than going to the salon. I say better only because I get to work certain areas (that need it!) longer and I don't believe anyone can know my skin better than me to know which areas to work.

I can't say for sure that there aren't other *genuine* microdermabrasion creams out there, I just know a lot of them that aren't and when I found that was I, quite frankly, just stopped looking...

: )

Hope this makes it all "clear as Mud"! As my momma would say...

-Danielle

Whatever you do, Keep on smiling!

*Edited to remove advertising content*
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Can we have less plugging of the website please? There's no need to include your friend's website address with every post.

This forum is not supposed to be used as an advertising platform.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Danielle,

Over the past several days I think everyone has got your point.

You say you are trying to help your friend. What will help her is the posters on this board and other boards across the web who are getting results from Epidermx. Repeat customers is what a distributor wants.

I ordered my product from Dana and she is LOVELY. I wish her the best in her business. I don't think it is helping her by constantly referring us to her site in all your posts.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to say but your repeat posts and constant inclusion of URLs are not doing her any favours at all. I can understand if you're happy with the product but it's started to look a while ago like it's more of a spam exercise.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:39 am      Reply with quote
...well only 17 out of danielle's posts so far have been about epidermx, so does that count as total spamming or 'shilling'? Neutral

5% products discount

Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Point taken...no problem... I know there are some of you who are in here everyday, but my reasoning in chiming in every so often with what has helped me was to reach those who may not know and who may not have seen previous posts, but I'll shut up now...

Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:48 am      Reply with quote
...but please contribute any reviews of other products you have used Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |