Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A looooong post from Italy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lorena
5% products discount

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Ok ladies, now it's the time to take my bearings and I do hope you'll help me - please? I'm a 42 year old Italian, 20 years of which spent under sunbeds. (I know, I know). No huge problems with lines and wrinkles, although reading the posts here convinced me to try the Okusil and Alphaderma (just arrived). My skin, which used to be light olive, has changed its base color and it's less olive now, paler and rather uneven. I have some broken capillaries on the cheekbones. I've also got enlarged pores. I have one bag under the left eye, which during the day becomes "soft" and wrinkly and half moon shaped (more of a bagpipe than a bag…). This is rather bothersome and would like to find a good eye cream and maybe some product with an immediate tightening effect, at least for the "special occasions". My skin used to be oily and it's not anymore - so that's one problem solved! Needless to say, in these years I've tried all the products I could lay my hands on: from Praire to drugstore creams. I had settled for the Defilift from Gatinau, but I've now found that NV Perricone Face Firming Activator has considerably tightened my pores and its Spider Vein has reduced the capillaries - Miracle. I wonder (get to the point!) if anyone can tell me if I can layer these two Perricone creams on the Alphaderma or if they can cause any reactionin the long run. Also, I really would value your opinion about any eye product you may think would suit my problem and on a fantastic moisturizer/tightner/replenisher (any more?) to put back a little of what I destroyed under the sunbeds. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome to the forum, I am relatively new here and unable to help but wanted to say hi and welcome. There are lots of knowledgeable ladies here who will give you some great advice.

Sherri
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Lonena,

My Grandfather and Grandmother were born in Italy. You say you don't have many wrinkles. Oh, that Italian skin.

I really can't answer your question about layering NV Perricone with AD. I think of Perricone products as "treatments." hmm I hope someone can answer that question for you. If not call JB.

As far as the bag: God knows I am the bag lady queen. Product will definately help them from sagging. If you bag is a fat deposit it is hard to get rid of. But the Okusil should firm the area to help the weight of the bag from getting deeper.

I have recently tried LaurenHutton Face Disc. She shows you in a vedio how to conceal and enhance. The light concealer makes my eyes look much brighter. I like her whole concept in makeup application.

Again, welcome and keep us posted.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:35 am      Reply with quote
In terms of eye products I would recommend a vit C serum for the eye area (and for the rest of your face too) and over that a good eye cream. If you have very dry skin around the eyes then Shiseido Benefiance is good. Also, I quite like using the Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream around the eye area when it's really dry. Otherwise, there are some good reports of the Phytomer Eye Contour Lift in terms of bags under the eyes.

I really think that you should concentrate on good vitamin C serums in order to help your skin recover a bit from the previous sun damage.

HTH
Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Ciao Lorena!
I second Mabsy's recommendation of using a C serum. I know that AD has Vit C in it, but I doubt it has the % to give skin the real boost you get from a 10-20% product. I don't see why you can't layer AD over C serums, so maybe that would help.
arrivederchi bella Very Happy

...oooooh I love being so jet set Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
In terms of eye products I would recommend a vit C serum for the eye area (and for the rest of your face too) and over that a good eye cream.
HTH
Mabsy

Do you use a separate vit C solution for your eyes or do you just use the one you are using for the rest of your face? I'm having trouble finding eye treatments that I like. My eye area needs moisture, but I have to be very careful as I can get really puffy there. Also I wear contacts and alot seems to want to travel there. I have no problems with milia. Gels and firming treatments just make the area drier. I'm ashamed to admit that I have spent probably over $1000 in the last year on eye creams and treatments. I know there are no miracles, but I should be able to find one that can satisfy me. At the moment I'm using Relaxaline around my crows feet and a generous sample of Cellcosmet eye cream from EDS. I really had high hopes for the cellcosmet but it is not moisturizing enough even though I like the texture. Now I'm wondering if there is a moisturizing C cream or serum that would be just right for my eyes.

-Cheri
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I have spent probably over $1000 in the last year on eye creams and treatments. I know there are no miracles, but I should be able to find one that can satisfy me.

Don't feel too bad. I think most of us have spent a lot of money. Besides all the other stuff I am doing. (you can read my other post if you want). I am using Lauren Hutton Agua Press (recommended by Trish). I have been using it on my whole face targeting eye area. I think it is starting to work!!! I have emailed them with several questions and they were quick to answer. I got the whole kit. But in all honesty I think the sponges are all you need. 2 for $10.00. The sponges are very unusual as they hold a tremendous amount of water. It is a messy procedure but I do it in the shower or tub.

If anyone buys the sponges you don't get the directions but I would be happy to post them.

On my way to dentist. I will do a seperate review on AguaPress.

Damn! I wish we had spell check! Excuse any typos dont have time to reread.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Lorena
5% products discount

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your support & advice.
And now....who's gonna tell me which is the bestest Vit. C cream? Come on, you knew this question was coming...Smile THANKS!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Lorena wrote:
Thank you very much for your support & advice.
And now....who's gonna tell me which is the bestest Vit. C cream? Come on, you knew this question was coming...Smile THANKS!

As far as Vit C serums, I've used Skinceuticals, Obagi, Cellex-C and SkinMedica. The winner is.....SkinMedica!

You'll notice I have not tested Vit C creams, only serums, because from what I've read I've never felt a cream would be stable.

I'm sure others will post about their favorites, but it is SkinMedica for me!

-Cheri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals for me, but I am about to try a dianayvonne one, so I WILL be reporting on that! I have to say, that you should go for a product with hyaluronic acid as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Lorena wrote:
I have one bag under the left eye, which during the day becomes "soft" and wrinkly and half moon shaped (more of a bagpipe than a bag…). This is rather bothersome and would like to find a good eye cream and maybe some product with an immediate tightening effect, at least for the "special occasions". Also, I really would value your opinion about any eye product you may think would suit my problem and on a fantastic moisturizer/tightner/replenisher (any more?) to put back a little of what I destroyed under the sunbeds. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

Hi Lorena....

So glad you stopped by! Gosh, you could almost be describing my undereye situation from about 5 months ago! Shock My problem eye is also on the left. What is it with these left eyes? Confused

You can use a firming masque for special occasions that will help with the bags. I use Esthers Secret with Argireline, so it's benefit also increases more over time.

I also combine an ultra small drop of the masque with the Argireline serum and apply that to the eye area on the orbital bone above and in that "half-moon wrinkled area" below every night. I've found that has dramatically improved the appearance of those wrinkly areas below the eye. Smile Mind you, that was not in the instructions received from Esthers Secret, but I always do my own experimentation. Sometimes what I do works (as in this case) and sometimes it doesn't (we won't go into those). Embarassed

JUDY

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |