Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Walk-in Closet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm moving! I am so excited, because not only is it 40% larger, it has a walk-in closet. Sadly, it does not have a window and its about 7 feet long and 5 or 6 feet wide (I think) or maybe its also 7 feet wide also, then the length must be 8 or 9 feet long. Anyway, I finally have my first walk-in! Dancing

I need some ideas on how the layout should be. I want a nice display of my shoes & bags, but I prefer they are enclosed so that dust does not go inside. Also, a friend of mine told me that her small collection of Chanel purses got nasty green mold because of the poor air circulation in her closet. :-&
I don't want that to happen to me. How could I prevent that? Does anyone else have the same problem?
I don't own a lot of clothes and I plan to keep it that way. I like to wear what I have and buy something new each season and throw out something old for that new replacement. I have a better collection of accessories, like Hermes scarfs, bags, shoes, and costume jewelry. Should I invest in more lighting and built a mini vanity table and get custom made or get something from Ikea to display and organize my accessories?
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm excited FOR you! I think most of us would love a walk-in closet. Smile

Good questions, and you have a lot of options especially if you can do whatever you like to the space.

I found a good thing to read through: this Home Depot online article about designing and building a walk-in closet. It brings up a lot of things to think about and personal preference questions to nail down before designing or building.

On the humidity concerns, it looks like you could install a small ceiling fan (like and bathroom exhaust fan) to pull air through/around in the closet, or run a small de-humidifier, or you could weigh the pros and cons of having things completely enclosed and dust-free but possibly mildewy, versus maybe slight/miminal dust with glass doors that have some louvered panels along the sides for some air circulation?

There's a lot of custom-closet design companies online to browse - maybe one might appeal to you and you have them co-design and install what you want, or you can see what storage solutions Ikea has and do that route. Sounds like a fun project either way, and what fun it will be when it's finished to your liking!
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations on your walk-in closet, skincare! One of the best investments I've made for my walk-in was a sturdy hamper with an upholstered top that I can sit on while putting on pantyhose, etc. It's handy for laundry, and sturdy enough to stand on to reach high shelves. I got it at Linens 'n Things or Bed Bath and Beyond. (can't remember which.
Joanna
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! I finally got my internet hooked up and I plan to post my clutter walk-in closet soon so that you can see what it looks like. My bf and I already talked about hiring a contractor to do the job. We are very busy now, Thanksgiving just past and my bf has these fun get together with friends coming up almost every weekend. I need to go shopping soon for an outfit, because I am already getting invitations to Christmas Parties!

I will be back with photos!

caboddle, that is a wonderful idea to install a fan! I will talk to my bf about that.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
id love to have a walk in closet

lol........anyway i find that nasty green mold problem even in normal closets not just only in walk in..........and i would also like to hear some ideas........not only this distresses me that it gets in the shoes but also some of my clothes Mad

this weekend i emptied out the whole closet...wiped it with strong cleaners and antibacterial stuff...put the clothes out in the sun and shoes......and had to clean and wash a number of them due to mold....i just cant see myself throwing away expensive clothes or shoes due to mold.

i also bought some throwaway dehumidifiers for a mean time solution and put 2 in the closet.....i dont think i fan could be a solution for a non walkin closet due to space limitations.....so any other solutions please?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my very cluttered and disorganized new & first walk-in closet! Don't forget, I have not finished unpacking at my new place.

okay, how do you post photos on here?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |