Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
What anti aging products have made a difference for you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tracyf67

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm just curious because I'm always looking for things that really make a difference.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Retin A (diminishing of fine lines), Obagi Nu Derm (got rid of all my freckles), and I am hoping for great results with Obagi's new ZO Skin Health line!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
For me, vitamin C serum and retinaldehyde.
Flannery
5% products discount

Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Vit C serum (Skinceuticals CE + Ferulic)in any case! I also love Demalogica´s Microfoliant in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am so eager to learn this too~~~ Waiting for more inputs... Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
...and I am hoping for great results with Obagi's new ZO Skin Health line!

Ditto on the above...for the strong actives AND controlling inflammation/irritation.

Plus:

- The Tiny Tool of Torture (aka the Dermaroller) for eliminating virtually all of my crowsfeet, 75% of my glabellas (11's), and 30% of my forehead lines after only 4 months. Hopefully those will ALL be history over the next 12 months!

- 302 A Boost and 302 Lightening Drops, which are a critical part of my dermarolling topicals.

- Retin-A 2x a week which generates collagen (in support of my dermarolling) AND keeps my hormonal acne at bay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Flitcraft how do you get/use your retinaldehyde...I'm very interested in this active.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
All things Remergent, Valmont L Elixir, Photolagen, Juvedical and still on the fence with ZO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend to look for products with proven anti-aging effects.

The best and most researched ingredients for anti-aging purposes in skin care products, are retinoids/retinol, vitamin C in the form of l-ascorbic acid (preferably with added vitamin E), DNA repair ingredients and niacinamide. Growth factors and peptides might to some extent be useful, but for now there is a lack of evidence of their efficiency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Jasminerosey,

Avene makes several retinaldehyde products. I've used Ystheal, Eluage, and now am using Diacneal. Ystheal and Eluage have .05% retnaldehyde (Eluage had a kind of hyaluronic acid that supposedly enhances penetration as well) and Diacneal has .1% retinaldehyde plus 6% glycolic acid as well. These are available throughout Europe in pharmacies and in Canada at places like Shoppers Drug Mart.

In the US, Avene markets retinaldehyde under the name Retrinal, in .025, .05 and .1 percent versions. I don't know where to buy them in brick and mortar places, but google and you'll find lots of online options.

I started using them several years ago because Retin A was too irritating for me--I had constant peeling, flaking, stinging, and even some areas where my skin was cracked. My dermatologist recommended I try Ystheal, which caused minimal light peeling for the first week or so only. I later switched to Eluage without any problems, and about six months ago went to the higher concentration of retinaldehyde in Diacneal--which is marketed as an anti-acne product but it obviously also great for general anti-aging, too. I had another bout of light peeling and slight irritation for about two weeks, and now I use it without a problem.

I think Osmosis and Pure Skin Junkie also make retinaldehyde products--and I believe they may have one with an even higher concentration of the ingredient--but they are more expensive than Avene and I'm very happy with the Avene products.

Hope this helps.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Flitcraft for answering so thoroughly..this so very helpful for me.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
It is Obagi product lines, they are the best product to make your skin "better"....

tracyf67 wrote:
I'm just curious because I'm always looking for things that really make a difference.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know if just Vit. C serum alone will make a difference or has to combine with Vit. E?

What kind of difference do u notice in your skin then with Vit. C serum? Does it diminish fine lines at all? Thanks!
Flannery
5% products discount

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose Vit C and E work synergystically (sp?) as they say. I find my skin more radiant or clarified somehow after Vit C serum. During the day, I can still feel that it are working all the time- in some ways, it is a sortof like a pleasant glowing feeling-which in fact, is reality when I look in the mirror. It seems to diminish the sallow look of my middle-aged skin and bring back the pinkish undertones.

I am so convinced of the immediate anti-aging effects of Vit C serum, that I will never go without.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Flannery wrote:
I suppose Vit C and E work synergystically (sp?) as they say. I find my skin more radiant or clarified somehow after Vit C serum. During the day, I can still feel that it are working all the time- in some ways, it is a sortof like a pleasant glowing feeling-which in fact, is reality when I look in the mirror. It seems to diminish the sallow look of my middle-aged skin and bring back the pinkish undertones.

I am so convinced of the immediate anti-aging effects of Vit C serum, that I will never go without.

Thanks Flannery for replying! But does it help with fine lines? I have some around my mouth Sad
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Retin A 3 x week. Has helped with fine lines
Vit C daily I think is makes my skin more radiant
Derma roller to hands Woo Hoo this works big time
Light stim which I only have had for a month but I *think* its working.
Sun block all day and every day rain or shine.
Its definitely stopped me getting more pigmentation.
Not product skin care but my diet has helped a lot with dry skin on my body etc. No coffee and hardly any alcohol + lots of Vit C supplements and Omega 3 are really important IMO

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 am      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Retin A 3 x week. Has helped with fine lines
Vit C daily I think is makes my skin more radiant
Derma roller to hands Woo Hoo this works big time
Light stim which I only have had for a month but I *think* its working.
Sun block all day and every day rain or shine.
Its definitely stopped me getting more pigmentation.
Not product skin care but my diet has helped a lot with dry skin on my body etc. No coffee and hardly any alcohol + lots of Vit C supplements and Omega 3 are really important IMO

Please could you let me know what size Dermaroller you use for your hands and what your regime is (ie how often you use it, how you use it and any products you use before, with or after)?

Thanks ever so much! I'm looking for something that will make a difference to my hands.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
majorb, you may check into the ZO Skin Health hand products. I have been using them, but it is still too early to tell any results. That plus the dermaroller may make a difference. I am just starting to use the dermaroller on my hands this week, but I am using the .5 mm size.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
DermaRoller
LightStim
Eluage
NIA24
Lips2Kiss

Really fabulous beauty tools.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Okay I just looked up the dermaroller because I've never heard of it. Can someone explain to me how you use it and how much it hurts? Does it just puncture the skin? How does that improve wrinkles etc?
Flannery
5% products discount

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Whether Vit.C serum helps with fine lines around the mouth, Stardusty, I can´t really say. I know it seems to have diminished my 11´s and the crow´s feet- but maybe it´s just because it has a slightly oily texture before it fully sinks in and therefore seems to diminish the appearance of lines.
The other thing I´ve noticed though is that it has faded my freckles some- (even the beauty mark above my lip, which I actually wouldn´t have minded keeping, had I known) I´ve been using CE Ferulic faithfully for about a year now.

I am pondering starting in on the Retinol stuff- but just keep wondering what 2 actives a day will feel like. As I said, I feel the "inner glow" for a good 10 hours after applying Vit. C

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
majorP"lease could you let me know what size Dermaroller you use for your hands and what your regime is (ie how often you use it, how you use it and any products you use before, with or after)?

Thanks ever so much! I'm looking for something that will make a difference to my hands"

Hi there is a very large thread on this in skincare equipment thread. I just use it on my hands and forearms and will probably use it on my chest and neck soon.
I use a 1.5 mm roller and no local anaesthetic. I roll about 15 times in 3 directions. It does pierce the skin and you sometimes get tiny drops of blood. It really doesn't hurt but it is not pleasant. Afterwards I put on either retin a or copper peptides. Your hands look sun burnt for about a day and then look great. BUT about 3 weeks later they look really dry like an elephant skin THEN they look more plump and definitely less pigmentation. I do a course of weekly rolling for 6 weeks then leave it for a couple of months and repeat the same.
My hands definitely look better but I am still too chicken to do it on my face!

Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to rolling. Only on my 2nd day, but so far I like it.

Been using Tazorac for 2 years. Now I use this and other nights I use Retin-A gel.

Powdered MSM in juice once a day for past year. Really plumped up my skin

Also sunscreen
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, rileygirl and katebargold. Those are very useful tips for me to try.

Fingers crossed that they'll help my hands. Although my beloved Kiehls Callous Treatment is helping to moisturise them, the skin is very thin and starting to look twice as old as me!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, majorb. Keep us posted on what you do/use and if you are getting good results. My hands are aged looking, as well, as I really have neglected them!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |