Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Secrets of beautiful hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Let's trade secrets! I figured you'd have some good ones.

Yesterday I experimented with a hair mask. It's the first time I've ever used a mask like this before, and I can't believe the difference it's made. (I have to admit it's the reason I'm making this post because it's made me want to try loads more things now Laughing)

My hair feels so soft. I can't stop touching it.

I was a little scared of using the mask at first because it's largely made up of molasses and I didn't know how (or if) it would wash out. Luckily it washed out surprisingly easily and I can't say enough good things about the results.

The recipe:

1 cup of molasses;
1 table spoon of oil (I used avocado oil but you can use any oil you want. I would have used olive or jojoba oil if I'd had any);
1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar;
2 tea spoons of your chosen essential oil;
Conditioner.

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, adding just enough conditioner at the end to make a smoother consistency (there aren't any hard and fast rules here so feel free to experiment).

Cover your hair - make sure it's dry - with the molasses mixture and leave in for one to two hours. Watch a film or somethin' Smile

Wash out with shampoo as usual. I added a teeny weeny bit of conditioner to the ends as my hair tumbles all the way down to my waist.

I used jasmine and grapefruit essential oils in mine. It smelt unbelievably good afterwards; just delicious and so relaxing. I'd use this recipe for the way it perfumes my hair alone.

So that's my new number one secret. What's yours? Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I mix coconut and palm oils and use as a pre-shampoo conditioner. It really makes a difference in my hair, its less poofy and soft.

Also taking biotin (2800 mcg)has made a big difference for me also.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Also taking biotin (2800 mcg)has made a big difference for me also.

I've seen biotin mentioned on the boards a few times now. Mind if I ask what difference it's made for you?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
My hair sheds much less and seem to grow faster. I notice if I stop taking it.
Tesse
5% products discount

Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone have a great home "laser" product for helping grow and thicken hair????

I've seen one or two while looking around, but I'm not familiar with these devices.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
If you want longer and or thicker hair then you need to try Ovation Cell Therapy or MegaTek. I am currently using MegaTek with great results. My hair is growing between 3/4"-1" a month and is healthy. If you want more info. on how to use it, let me know.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Tesse wrote:
Anyone have a great home "laser" product for helping grow and thicken hair????

I've seen one or two while looking around, but I'm not familiar with these devices.

I don't know any laser products you could use, although I suspect if there's anything to the LED light phenomenon (such as the Baby Quasar) that could help. I think if you don't ask about it on one of the LED threads first, I might Smile

It's been three days since I used the molasses mask and my hair is still incredibly soft. I thought shampooing it again today might wash out some of the effects, but it didn't.

Here's another "hair secret":

Put one ounce of nettles in a heat-proof jar or large tea pot. Cover with two pints (one quart) of boiling water and leave to infuse for eight hours or over night. Strain before use.

Next time you wash your hair, add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to the infusion and pour through your hair. Squeeze your hair and pat dry with a towel - don't wash out!

Nettles are incredibly nutritious. Some people say this treatment gives them the best hair day they've ever had, and other say that over time it's made their hair thicker and stronger too. You can also drink the infusion but it does taste strong (I try to drink nettle infusion at least twice a week. It's the reason I'm no longer anemic Smile)
Tesse
5% products discount

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
So what are the ingredients in MegaTec?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Tesse wrote:
So what are the ingredients in MegaTec?

I'm interested in this, as well. More info please, allyssa! Very Happy
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ovation: Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

Mega-Tek Rebuilder: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein , stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein , peg 40 (no castor oil), panthenol, dimethicone copolyol (the one cone), magnesium citrate , allantoin , amino acids , methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides , polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea , fragrance

By the looks of things people have been using Mega-Tek and Ovation for horses and animal hooves and trotters as well.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Fox; Where do you get your nettles?

Sis
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Fox; Where do you get your nettles?

Sis

I order my herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs (www.mountianroseherbs.com) which is one of the most highly regarded herbal suppliers I know of.

I won't hijack the thread, but as a herbalist-in-training I'm happy to answer any questions about herbs or herbal infusions. PM me anytime Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Fox!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Thanks!
Tesse
5% products discount

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Now, what on that ingredient list would cause hair to grow? As far as I know only hormones might do that. Or anything that prevents DHT from acting on scalp receptors in order to reduce hair loss. I can see strengthening hair or conditioning it, but growing more hair?
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Yes, Thanks!

rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for the info, Fox!

You're welcome!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Tesse wrote:
Now, what on that ingredient list would cause hair to grow? As far as I know only hormones might do that. Or anything that prevents DHT from acting on scalp receptors in order to reduce hair loss. I can see strengthening hair or conditioning it, but growing more hair?

Good question. I see protein and amino acids, but that is in a lot of products. I guess everyone reacts differently; some people claim Biotin causes their hair to grow fast, and others have no results at all.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
For the last six months I've been doing conditioner washing - that is, using conditioner instead of shampoo to cleanse the hair. It's made the biggest difference to my hair and scalp. My hair doesn't get as oily and my scalp doesn't itch (as it used to). My hair is also much more manageable.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
That masks sounds great! I also do conditioner washing. I still shampoo occasionally, maybe every other month. I also add honey and apple cider vinegar to my conditioner. I use suave coconut conditioner- I like it because it's cheap, it smells nice, and it doesn't have silicones. I wash my hair with the conditioner mixture about 3 times a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
That masks sounds great! I also do conditioner washing. I still shampoo occasionally, maybe every other month. I also add honey and apple cider vinegar to my conditioner. I use suave coconut conditioner- I like it because it's cheap, it smells nice, and it doesn't have silicones. I wash my hair with the conditioner mixture about 3 times a week.

Excuse me if I sound dense (dah)... You are saying you use Suave conditioner mixed with applecider vinegar and honey to wash your hair? And you do this most of the time?

I have some products that are designed for this but so expensive. If your way is working I may just go for it.
So Plesse let me know I am understanding you correctly... Thanks bunches.
Sis
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not Nimue but I have tried putting cider vinegar in my conditioner - I didn't like the smell too much. However, I do rinse my hair with vinegar and water every week. Haven't tried the honey though.
Flannery
5% products discount

Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Alyssa- on a whim I asked my neighbor here (who owns horses) if she had Mega-Tek. She did and I borrowed a bit! So now I“m sitting here with the stuff on my scalp waiting for a miracle! I guess I“ll always be a sucker for promises for beautiful locks as I“ve always suffered with my thin, limp strands. My scalp feels a bit "activated" but I couldn“t possibly go out looking like this... How long does it need to stay on? And how often should I use it to see results? Any info?

I googled stuff about Mega-Tek and sure enough it seemed to be good for all manner of beasts and body parts- horses, cats, paws, claws, hair! But the instructions were scanty and I wanted to hear from you again personally? Anyone else interested in experimenting with me?! Laughing Flannery

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Mega-Tek sounds interesting. I wish I had a horse in my neighbourhood to borrow hair care products from, but unfortunately I don't.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Flannery wrote:
I googled stuff about Mega-Tek and sure enough it seemed to be good for all manner of beasts and body parts- horses, cats, paws, claws, hair!

At least you won't get the mange! Laughing
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's exactly what I do. I only add a little apple cider vinegar. I add much more honey than apple cider vinegar, so the honey and the apple cider vinegar cancel each other out in terms of smell. I use the cheapest honey I can get for this. The conditioner/honey/acv misture does smell kinda weird (but mostly sweet because of the honey) but the smell goes away when I rinse it off, so my hair winds up not smelling of anything. Smile

sister sweets wrote:
Nimue wrote:

Excuse me if I sound dense (dah)... You are saying you use Suave conditioner mixed with applecider vinegar and honey to wash your hair? And you do this most of the time?

I have some products that are designed for this but so expensive. If your way is working I may just go for it.
So Plesse let me know I am understanding you correctly... Thanks bunches.
Sis

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |