Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Secrets of beautiful hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 am      Reply with quote
only recently find L'Occitane versena shampoo really works for dry hair. the scent is elegant too
anusha

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! i shud say that this is really an amazing thread. I have tried that molasses mask but instead of using conditioner i used egg in that. and i added peppermint oil as i have dandruff problem. I used to shed hair whenever i take hair wash. But after this i noticed very little hair shedding. i have ordered mega tek too. soon i ll post the results. thanks Fox..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Just a bump here. I have been using this method of washing my hair with conditioner and I must say my shedding has slowed down immensely. My hair is clean and feels great. I adopted the method here of 1st using a bath of baking soda and water on my hair. Then I apply the conditioner and wash it in and leave it there for approx a minute. I rinse this out and then use a little ACV diluted in water. Pour that over my head and rinse well. This has worked well. I was losing my hair much more than normal. That has stopped.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Someone has tried to anoint the scalp with castor oil and leave overnight to sleep, wash the next day. If the castor oil is good for the tabs should work with the hair. You don't need spread throughout the hair extension, only the scalp.
ishay
5% products discount

Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like a good try.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have very shinny hair and got compliment all the times, my only secret is combing the scalp for 300 times before bedtime. My only investment is to get a very good quality comb.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there... I've always considered myself pretty lucky in the hair dept. Lots of it, and good condition...

UNTIL, I started using Henna... which took me a while to get a good henna/indigo mix for my preferred color... and OMG... my hair became even more silky. Which is what they claim will happen but I didn't believe. (and didn't believe it until I went back to chem color, due to battle with the color that I was LOSING! But realized how much the chems were stripping my hair. It was never obvious before!)

And I'm using coconut oil on my hair for leave in... smells yum, and is really nice!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia - you mean you put coconut oil in after shampooing, et and just leave in. I use it as a conditioner - cover with a cap, keep on for a few hours if I can but it seems so greasy to leave in - you must use the smallest amount.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
UNTIL, I started using Henna...

I just wanted to report the same thing with my mother's hair and Henna. She loves it. She used to dye it with a chemical hair dye. I tried to convince her to switch to Henna but she would not until she saw a coworker with shiny black hair and red streaks through it and she found out it was from Henna.

Anyways, I have been putting it in her hair and she loves how her gray hairs are now red. Her hair glows in the sunlight. It takes a little more time to mix and apply than regular hair dye though.
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I use magnesium gel mixed in with shampoo. My hair is shiny and has become heavier, not frizzy any more.

I just bought some because of you. I also use sea kelp bioferment mixed with moisturizing extract blend. My hair has become noticeably thicker. My fine hair gets scraggly at the ends at a certain length. I love this! I need to also use it on my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey sister... yeah, I would say that I use the smallest amt... And I really do have a lot of hair... My pony tail is close to 1" in diameter for reference... (plenty of people have WAY thicker hair than me!)

So, what I do with coconut oil, when I use it, (which is not every day)... I take about an 1/8th of a teaspoon. And massage it into my hands, and then I finish in my hair. STARTING at the tips, and then kind of scrunch up, and pretty much don't get too near the scalp. I also tend to do this in the evening. If I'm going to wash in the morning, I don't worry about how greasy it my look... and might use a bit extra!

I started this method when I was reading about other hair oils, and that in countries where certain oils are used WIDELY in cooking, it mentioned how the women of the country are known for really beautiful hair, and that when they cook with oils, if they get any on their hands, they just work it into their hands and their hair... I think I read this when I was reading/researching about Morrocan Oil.

In the end, I'm pretty casual about it...

5% products discount

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
tried the molasses recipe and love it! It was a bit messy, kept running down my neck & forehead. I only kept it on about 45 minutes because I started getting nervous that it was going to get on the furniture. Smile It made my hair very very soft & shiny. Thanks!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
In the past, I've mixed molasses with honey, olive oil and conditioner, used one of those plastic shopping bags and sat with a heating cap a few times, and my hair felt so soft for days. I also use coconut oil, co-wash with conditioners, and just ordered Jamaican black castor oil which I read is good for growth. I bought a big bottle of hydrolyzed protein from GNC which I'm going to add to conditioners, but right now, have my hair in braids so that will have to wait. Ever since I've cut back on using shampoo, my hair and scalp have improved greatly.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
My secret is not really a secret, I use a good quality to brush at least 300 times / day, brush until my scalp is hot. Learn this tip from a hair-dresser (who also studied TCM), I have been doing this for 8-9 years.
MissCooth

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:39 am      Reply with quote
First, use herbal essence shampoo. Its natural and Ive used it for ages and I have long lucsious hair! If that doesn't work for you, try tea tree oil shampoo or myhairway method because it is all natural and helps with your scalp health!
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Actually Herbal essence and all the drug store brands are HORRIBLE for your hair! They are full of crap! You should always go with something organic or from a salon. I think they if you're hair is super healthy without any chemical treatments, using drug store brands really doesn't show you how bad they really are. But if you compare to having something from a salon, and properly taking care of your hair you see a HUGE difference if your hair was damaged or needs some fixing. I gotta say though, what change the life of my hair is sleeping with a hair masque in my hair and washing it out the next day.

I also don't shampoo unless there is product buildup on my hair Smile

MissCooth wrote:
First, use herbal essence shampoo. Its natural and Ive used it for ages and I have long lucsious hair! If that doesn't work for you, try tea tree oil shampoo or myhairway method because it is all natural and helps with your scalp health!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Great thread. I have started using Chaz Dean's Wen shampoo in Fig. It's only been 2 weeks and I want to use it a couple months to decide what I think of it. I may switch to the Suave brand if I want to continue the conditioner washing idea...it would be a lot more economical. I think I may add a ACV rinse to the mix.. thanks for all your great ideas everyone!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Headed back to page one to look at that hair mask again... sounds yummy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
ACV. Wonderful stuff. Drives fleas off dogs too. Smile

Am also using it on my hair and have found it to be just wonderful. Can be left on as well without smelling like a salad. Use the the same mix as a body spray as well and has helped to clear up any weirdness when it was happening.

2 Tbsps ACV
500 Mls water
EO's as one prefers [ using Rosemary and Clary Sage at present...and sandalwood because I love it]
Sits in a sprayer bottle in the shower...last thing after rinsing spritz the bod and hair.

Also...an infusion of peppermint tea makes it very cooling on the skin in the high heat and humidity here.

Somebody also mentioned CO for the hair. Had read that CO was stimulating to hair and all other good things...so mixed a batch of CO with clary sage and Rosemary and once a week...massage into the scalp, only the scalp as it is a pain to wash out. Hair is loving it.

And..I am SO going to try the cinnamon thing. Has anyone done it here? Feedback would be appreciated.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I did an ACV rinse this morning and my hair is super soft. I used a couple Tablespoons ACV diluted in a glass of water and after I condition "washed" it, I rinsed with the ACV mixture and left it on. Love it!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let any brunettes out there know.

Cinnamon...that was GOOD. Smile

My hair is long and dark all the way down to the small of my back....and the cinnamon treatment over night did something lovely.

Also..since using the ACV rinse...no more after products into the ends to release tangles.

ACV is awesome....and...it is getting rid of a horrible plantars wart I have been battling on my foot....it is hurting like the dickens...but it is dying!!!

ACV = GREAT STUFF Smile
essesarti

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all this is a wonderful group!
Lately what has made a big difference in my hair is this:
- 2 table spoon of flax seeds
- 1 table spoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 table spoon of black sesame seeds
Grounded all together and mixed with kefir, some maple and blueberries.
I drink/eat this every morning as breakfast and since then my hair and my skin look so much healtier.
I noticed that if I give the grounded seed mix to my dogs even their hair is getting softer in a matter of days....
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
only recently find L'Occitane versena shampoo really works for dry hair. the scent is elegant too

I am using this shampoo, together with the condition. I like the scent, can last for whole day.
Algona
5% products discount

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
[/b]DragoN wrote[b]
Quote:
Just wanted to let any brunettes out there know.

Cinnamon...that was GOOD.

My hair is long and dark all the way down to the small of my back....and the cinnamon treatment over night did something lovely.

My hair is long and dark brown/black, can you share your treatment please? Thanks
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah... what's your mix with cinnamon? I use it in my Henna mix... so it smells better (and some ginger!) But haven't used for anything else... SHARE! LOL!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |