Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please suggest an effective remedy for blackheads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alicia
5% products discount

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Blackheads have been bothering me for a great lot of time!

I've tried some BHA creams/ facials/ cleansing masks and oil control products but still not very effective and the pores are forever getting worse

Please give me some suggestions!

Thanks!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Using a toner after cleansing really helps, I like using witch hazel with apple cider vinegar mixed in. Really helps close up any open pores.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Salicylic acid has helped me with some black heads on my nose, it exfoliates.
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
agree with Rosebud, on top of it, use clay mask once or twice a week on your nose.
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Try Biore Pore Minimizing Refining Exfoliator along with a product containing Azelaic Acid. Also, don't let the skin become too dry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Invest in a Clarisonic or Pretika sonic skin care brush. Or if you can't afford either of those, at least get a microfiber cleansing cloth. The gentle exfoliation and cleansing over time will probably help clear up your face of breakouts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried an aspirin mask? If you do a search here, there are tons of posts and recipes. I just put a couple drops of water on 4 noncoated aspirin, mix in a bit of honey and sugar and apply to my face. I leave on for about 20 mins then add water and lightly scrub my face then wash off. Use a good moisturizer afterwards.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
My blackheads have improved by using the oil cleansing method - the theory is that oil cleanses oil and it's definitely worked for me. I use a mixture of 50/50 olive and castor oil. You massage it into your skin and wash off THOROUGHLY with lots of clean water (best done in the shower).

Retin-A is also very helpful and also try Finacea Gel - this contains the Azelaic Acid that Morphy mentioned.

I think we all have trouble with blackheads because we're not cleansing our skin properly. Before I started with the oil cleansing, I tried all sorts of cleansers and would rub, scrub and exfoliate till I had barely any skin left. Then I would swipe over my toner and there would still be makeup and gunk left on the pad. Since using the oils, my toner pad is always clean.

You might also try using a toner with salicylic acid - although I prefer just to use Rosewater.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with Keliu... Oil cleansing does help reduce my blackheads. But I try to alternate between a morning (foaming) cleanser and only use oil cleanser at night.

And after using the oil cleanser I would make sure to follow up with a mattifying toner to close up pores and remove any remaining oil residues...

For oil cleansing, DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is the best so far (for my combi-skin anyway). It really just melts away upon contact with water Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I should have said that I also only use the oil cleanser at night. In the morning I just use a microfiber cloth and water.
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I agree that oil cleansing helps loosen the plugs, as long as it's not a comedogenic oil.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |