Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Desperate need for a glow to the skin, ....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
maybe its the colder weather , but my skin looks dry and dull. Looking for something that will add a bit of oomph! A glow, but not leave it looking sticky and greasy. Something that sinks right it and makes skin glisten. Is there anyt product you have used that makes your skin feel this way? Smile
havana8

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zizi, Unfortunately I can't use most of the KH products, but this mask really does give a pretty glow to the skin....

Karin Herzog Essential Mask
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/karin-herzog-essential-ma-p_9125.htm

A friend uses this under her regular stuff in the mornings and since she has been using it, I notice her complexion has started to have a really nice glowiness to it:

SkinBiology LacSal Cream Exfoliator
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinbiology-lacsal-cream-p_9415.htm

EDS member Flannery was mentioning the glow she gets from her C+E serum in this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30957&highlight=
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to try some oils -- at least for the nighttime routine, thus making your more glowy in the morning. I'm a big fan of argan oil -- here's my review: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29936. It gives pretty quick results and they build...!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Hi Zizi, Unfortunately I can't use most of the KH products, but this mask really does give a pretty glow to the skin....

A friend uses this under her regular stuff in the mornings and since she has been using it, I notice her complexion has started to have a really nice glowiness to it:

i would have doubts using this everyday in mornings or night.......It has 2% hydrogen peroxide isnt that bad to use everyday?......hydrogen peroxide can give a bleaching effect to the skin so the brighteness and glow you use is cause of that?
But imagine once you stop using this product altogether.........i would think your skin would end up looking way more duller than before....as not to mention the damaging effects of continued use of hydrogen peroxide everyday will take a toll eventually?

but maybe someone with more info can comment on this? Particularly using hydrogen peroxide in your skincare. I would be interested in this. thanks

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
havana8 wrote:

i would have doubts using this everyday in mornings or night.......It has 2% hydrogen peroxide isnt that bad to use everyday?......hydrogen peroxide can give a bleaching effect to the skin so the brighteness and glow you use is cause of that?
But imagine once you stop using this product altogether.........i would think your skin would end up looking way more duller than before....as not to mention the damaging effects of continued use of hydrogen peroxide everyday will take a toll eventually?

but maybe someone with more info can comment on this? Particularly using hydrogen peroxide in your skincare. I would be interested in this. thanks

Simran, it is the LacSal Cream Exfoliator that my friend is using every day not KH. Smile It's me that finds the KH Mask gives a glow. I guess it was unclear the way I wrote it. Embarassed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi's ZO Skin Health products. I got complimented for the first time in probably 1 year that I "looked good"! I feel that these products are giving me a glow.

Also, possibly a C serum. There are a lot of people who get the "glow" from that.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Once a week I use the PSF pumpkin peel and leave on for a half hour then right after apply the Juara Tumeric mask for 30-60 mins. My skin looks so clear, bright and smooth after this. I'd love to do it more often because of how nice my face looks after, but I know that would be way too much exfoliation.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
If you are looking for a quick way to add a "Glow" to your skin you can try Bobbi Browns Tawny Shimmer Brick and lip Kit. I love the color of the shimmer brick and the lip glosses and sheers are great too. Whenever I wear mine I get compliments on my skin. It adds a glow and makes the skin look alive.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend dry skin brushing your face. It made a really noticeable difference to my skin and it only takes about ten seconds. I got a lot of compliments; people kept asking what I'd done!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
I recommend dry skin brushing your face. It made a really noticeable difference to my skin and it only takes about ten seconds. I got a lot of compliments; people kept asking what I'd done!

Hi Fox - Can you tell us how you dry brush your face? What products do you use for the brushing?
Thanks for your help.

Sis
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:

want to know this too... Laughing
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Sis and luna -

here is a thread about facial dry brushing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21409&highlight=facial+brushing

I have been dry brushing my face every morning for the last six months and would never be without this part of my routine.

Dry brushing increases circulation, stimulates the lymph system, exfoliates skin and helps me keeping dry skin and eczema at bay. You need to use a pretty stiff brush. There are some product recommendations in the thread provided. I experienced that my skin got more resistant after a few weeks of brushing, and now I actually use a nail brush with natural bristles, that I purchased in a health food store.

You should start brushing your neck with circular movements upwards, towards ears and chin. Then brush from the middle of your face with circular movements towards ears and temples. I also brush under my eyes with a baby tooth brush, starting at the outer corner of the eye and brushing with small, circular movements towards the inner corner, and then brushing the opposite way in order to drain away excess fluid in the under eye area. HTH. Smile

PS. In addition to facial dry brushing, my best tricks to get a glowing complexion are a green drink (powder of wheat grass, barley grass etc) every morning and topical application of retinoids/retinol and vitamin C serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot Septembergirl. I guess I need to get a little brush first. And by the way, I've heard drinking some honey+lemon water in the morning also helps the skin to glow. Smile
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Hydra Floral Mask

ONE OF THE BEST!!
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
For a moist, dewy glow Decleor face oil in the morning under make-up or moisturizer is wonderful (though you can use argan, your own hazelnut etc. for a similar effect)
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
For a real natural glow I love using tinted moisturizer, my favorite is Vichy Luminous
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great success with the Ellen Lange Express Peel Kit. It clears away all the dull, dead skin cells - tightens up everything and really gives my face a fresh start. For everything you get - I think it's a good deal for the price - and I've gotten way more uses than the 8 peels the product promises.

I would follow up with a nice light facial oil - maybe one from Clarins or a natural one from Pevonia?
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Sis and luna -

here is a thread about facial dry brushing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21409&highlight=facial+brushing

I have been dry brushing my face every morning for the last six months and would never be without this part of my routine.

Dry brushing increases circulation, stimulates the lymph system, exfoliates skin and helps me keeping dry skin and eczema at bay. You need to use a pretty stiff brush. There are some product recommendations in the thread provided. I experienced that my skin got more resistant after a few weeks of brushing, and now I actually use a nail brush with natural bristles, that I purchased in a health food store.

You should start brushing your neck with circular movements upwards, towards ears and chin. Then brush from the middle of your face with circular movements towards ears and temples. I also brush under my eyes with a baby tooth brush, starting at the outer corner of the eye and brushing with small, circular movements towards the inner corner, and then brushing the opposite way in order to drain away excess fluid in the under eye area. HTH. Smile

PS. In addition to facial dry brushing, my best tricks to get a glowing complexion are a green drink (powder of wheat grass, barley grass etc) every morning and topical application of retinoids/retinol and vitamin C serum.

I would also add that I use a brush with stiff bristles. I have sensitive skin so I brush my skin just once in the morning. At night I soak a flannel in hot water, wring it out use it to warm and exfoliate my skin before and after cleansing.

Like Septembergirl I also drink green drinks - strong nettle infusions!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Some suggestions:

I agree with exfoliation. Dry skin brush is good. Some masks/peels are good - like aspirin mask, NCN Pro Pumpkin Peel (if your skin can handle 30% - if not check out the PSF one that's 8%). Also the Clarisonic ultrasonic skin care brush or Pretika will do light exfoliation while cleansing; or get a microfiber face cloth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've read so many good reviews on aspirin mask but unfortunately it didn't do anything for me. I will try dry brush to see whether it works... Confused
GreenDiva
5% products discount

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Try Kaeline's Argarome Jour which is Argan Oil with essential oil of rose. Use a little of this wonderful serum each day and your face will glow. It is not at all greasy. Kaeline also has a great day cream which contains the oil. It is very light and fresh smelling. Either product helps moisturize and heal the skin without leaving a thick coating.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
i tried a sample oxygen mask from thalgo......and well afterwards i felt my skin looked more smoother, felt softer and yes looked brighter and radiant.....i may get a full size of it in my next order.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |