Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: SK-II Aqua Physics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
So SK-II recently launched this Aqua Physics range targeted at younger skin in the 20s...

Having never tried SK-II but am highly interested since it's a Japanese line and they usually work well with my skin, I went for the SK-II facial and got samples of the cleanser, facial treatment essence as well as the aqua physics cream.

The funny thing was that during the facial my skin showed no reaction to the SK-II products at all. But when I got home and started using the samples - it was disaster! Mad

So I cleansed my skin using the cleanser-no problems, it felt pretty good actually, no tightness whatsoever nor was there the oily film feeling.

Then i used the facial treatment essence-which gave a slight prickly sensation. Not stinging and it faded away after a while so I took that as okay as well.

The horror came when I put on the aqua physics cream. I didn't use a lot, in fact coz it came in little packets, I only used half of one small packet. The moment I applied on my skin it started to sting. I was like weird... but I thought maybe it'll fade after a while like the essence did.

Boy was I wrong, it didn't sting any less after a while in fact it felt more and more uncomfortable. I quickly went to wash it off my face but even then the damage was done Crying or Very sad My cheek areas were reddish and I basically just ended up using rosewater and aloe vera gel to soothe my skin the next few days. I couldn't even wash my face using my normal no alcohol/no aha cleanser.

Thankfully my face is more or less back to normal though I'm still putting off using any alcohol/acid/aha products for now...

The thing that's so scary about this whole ordeal is that my skin NEVER shows any such reactions to skincare products and I've tried like many many lines! (bodyshop, arden, biotherm, shiseido, kose, dhc etc. but to name a few). It kinda goes to show how strong SK-II products are I think...

That said, I don't think SK-II is bad-bad as I've got friends who swear by it. I think it's a line that will work really well if it suits your skin. But on the other hand if it does not suit your skin, likewise the reactions are also much stronger Mad

So just a lil warning to anyone thinking of trying out SKII products - approach with care and really do a patch test first before putting on your face!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
SK II is a Procter and Gamble beauty product... it was launched 25 years ago in Japan... brought to the US about 4 years ago...

Makes me wonder a few things...

Procter and Gamble... HUGE corp. massive marketing... made up secret ingrediant

Why did it come to the US only 4 years ago? Certainly not because our market wouldn't stand for the price.

I couldn't quickly find the ingrediants of the product you tried... what are they?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:49 am      Reply with quote
The detailed ingredient list isn't listed on the samples-googled and found this description:

SK-II Aqua Physics Serum
An intensive hydrating serum for improving dryness and flaky skin problems. Can be used for all skin types. No fragrance and no coloring. With advanced technology, the hydrating ingredients are locked in the product. Once the product is applied to the skin, it transforms into water drop which penetrates into the skin easily. No greasy film will be left on the skin, while a protective layer will be formed to hold the natural moisture of the skin.

This product contains SK-II signature ingredients - Pitera*; as well as Hyaluronic Acid, Caffeine and Snow Fungus for hydrating and encouraging the production of collagen.

Am guessing it's probably the hyaluronic acid that reacted to my skin Question

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've just tried aqua physics too, although I didn't have the same reaction as you. It goes on like aloe vera gel (probably all the water) but sets like window sealant silicon gel. It just sits on top of my skin all gummy and suffocates it. Skin is worse than ever! Sigh. Neutral
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients for Aqua physics

SK-II
AQUA PHYSICS

Ingredients:
Water,piterac(saccharomycopsis ferment filtrate) ,cyclomethicone , hydrogenated polyisobutene , pentylene glycol, dimethicone , butylene glycol , phytosteryl/behenyl/isostearyl dimer dilinoleyl dimer dilinoleate, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer , sodium chloride , panthenol , dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer , methylparaben , sodium hyaluronate , sodium citrate , tremella fuciformis polysaccharide , sodium benzoate , ethylparaben , citric acid , glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol , caffeine , xanthan gum , cyclodextrin laurate
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried the Aqua Physics but I'm using the whitening serum and whitening cream which work great, no scary reaction.

I actually just received the facial treatment essence from my boyfriend for a Valentine's gift! (How lovely? because he watched lots of TV CM in Hong Kong since SK-II is huge there so he decided to get it for me) I've been using it for 2 days now, so far no reaction but I'm pretty aware of it as I've also heard quite a few bad news about SK-II products.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
It's a gel-type moisturizer with great moisturizing power and yet not too greasy. It's fragrance free and really hydrates my skin well. However i think it might be too rich for oily skin so i only use it on my cheeks and drier parts on my face and clinique moisture surge extended gel on the rest.I love the texture that leaves a film of moisture on my skin. It works best as a makeup base that reduces the drying effect of foundation & powder. I use it with the new aqua physics serum...a perfect combination(the serum didn't do anything on my face when using it alone). My favourite moisturizer now! would definitely repurchase it.
laeticia
5% products discount

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
aqua physics is a basic hydrating moisturiser, and is good at keeping my normal-oily skin moisturised in winter countries when im on vacation

however in my normally humid and hot climate, it seems to clog my pores so i think its too rich, i bought the full-size in hk after trying the sample for the duration of my trip and have since given it to my dad who travels often
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
sorry i don't know why i am not a fan of skii

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I do not like sk2 at all!
I tried to use sk2 eye gel, which has no effect on my eyes.
Although sk2 masks are supposed to be so effective, buy if people stop using that, the skin would turn back just like never used that products at all.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
christine wrote:
I've never tried the Aqua Physics but I'm using the whitening serum and whitening cream which work great, no scary reaction.

I actually just received the facial treatment essence from my boyfriend for a Valentine's gift! (How lovely? because he watched lots of TV CM in Hong Kong since SK-II is huge there so he decided to get it for me) I've been using it for 2 days now, so far no reaction but I'm pretty aware of it as I've also heard quite a few bad news about SK-II products.

Is it really that good as you said?
SK-II used to have poor reputations in my home country due to some bad ingredients in their product and some law suites, so I never try their product before.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 12:28 am      Reply with quote
EDS does not provide SK-2, I used one of i,s product_the suncare cream ,but it had no effcet on me. Neutral
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I love SK-II and I am a super fan of it. Thanks for sharing and I will try it later!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |