Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
I have the worst cold/virus in the world. Anyone Else?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I've had this hacking (you can't stop coughing) virus for 2 weeks! It won't let you sleep for coughing and sore throat. Starts with exhaustion and headache. I want to know if anyone else has it or had it. How long does it last? I'm going away soon and need encouragement that it will get better.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I started with it just over two weeks before we were due to go one holiday. I felt much better two days before the holiday, although still coughed occasionally. Mind you, I have asthma, which was definitely made worse by the cold.

Unfortunately, and hopefully this won't happen to you, two days after we'd flown to Canada at the beginning of our hiking holiday, the damn cold started again. This time, it only lasted 10 days, thankfully - but the holiday was only for 14 days, so I was feeling pretty rough most of the time.

Try an expectorant cough medicine before bed. That helped me somewhat. Having said that, I was coughing up and choking/vomiting with catarrh so much during the day and night that I didn't sleep at all until the last few days of the cold.

Don't worry, it does get better. It's just really horrible in the meantime, and you have my sympathy.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Are you in Australia? It has gone right through the local schools and laid a lot of my friends flat out too!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Canada. I still haven't slept. Every time I lay down I start to cough. I just hope my family doesn't catch it. Thanks for your replies. At least I know now that it is not something weird.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Is it a chest cough? When I get a cough that lasts awhile it's usually a chest infection or bronchitis and I have to go on antibiotics.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I am on round 2 of this cold. I got it when my son got sick, lasted for 2 weeks. Husband got sick, and now I am sick again (going on 1 week for round 2). I also have asthma and this is horrible! This newest round for me is also causing fevers off and on, as well as the cough.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am on round 2 of this cold. I got it when my son got sick, lasted for 2 weeks. Husband got sick, and now I am sick again (going on 1 week for round 2). I also have asthma and this is horrible! This newest round for me is also causing fevers off and on, as well as the cough.

Somebody else got it twice! I couldn't believe it when it happened to me. Of all the colds to get a double does of, it would have to be this one. Crying or Very sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I know, majorb. I guess we are just lucky, huh? Rolling Eyes
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
It's that time of the year,the little ones are back in school and the germs are spreading.
Take good care of yourselves with fluids,rest and I'm all for chicken soup. Let the dusting and housework go,your health is much more important.
Get well soon.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it's over two wks now. Still coughing. I guess I can't complain. It must be unbearable with asthma and other complications. It sounds like it's going around(twice!!) My house is a disaster. You ever notice how flat and lifeless hair and skin get when you are sick? I now also have an eye infection. Quite attractive. I think that if you get it twice you'll never get it again. (Hopefully). I wish I could sleep!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:10 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
Well, it's over two wks now. Still coughing. I guess I can't complain. It must be unbearable with asthma and other complications. It sounds like it's going around(twice!!) My house is a disaster. You ever notice how flat and lifeless hair and skin get when you are sick? I now also have an eye infection. Quite attractive. I think that if you get it twice you'll never get it again. (Hopefully). I wish I could sleep!

Your eye infection is probably because your immune system is pretty overloaded right now.

My first bout lasted just over 2 weeks. If yours is still going strong, you might want to check with your doctor. It should definitely be coming to an end by now.

I know what you mean about the dull skin and hair. As you say, though, the lack of sleep is one of the worst things. You end up exhausted.

It's so not fun. Hope you feel a big improvement soon.

(And yes, you can complain - asthma or no asthma, it's blummin' awful! Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
Well, it's over two wks now. Still coughing. I guess I can't complain. It must be unbearable with asthma and other complications. It sounds like it's going around(twice!!)

My first round lasted 2 weeks, and this 2nd round has been 1 week so far. I am finally starting to feel a little better, but I am still coughing and at night I still get fevers, just not as bad. My son's cough lasted 1 month, even though he felt better after 2 weeks, he had a lingering cough. I really don't wish this crap on anyone. It is not fun! Hope everyone feels better soon!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
doohicus wrote:
Well, it's over two wks now. Still coughing. I guess I can't complain. It must be unbearable with asthma and other complications. It sounds like it's going around(twice!!)

My first round lasted 2 weeks, and this 2nd round has been 1 week so far. I am finally starting to feel a little better, but I am still coughing and at night I still get fevers, just not as bad. My son's cough lasted 1 month, even though he felt better after 2 weeks, he had a lingering cough. I really don't wish this crap on anyone. It is not fun! Hope everyone feels better soon!

Yes, my cough lasted for a good few weeks, and my husband (whose colds never usually last very long at all) was coughing for about 3 weeks. Very unusual for him.

It's a very irritating cough. Anyone who still has it has my utmost sympathy.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Life is good. I think I am finally over this nasty stuff! Still have a slight lingering cough, but nothing like it was. YEAH!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Whatever it is, I agree it sounds awful! My sympathies completely! There are cough supressants that could help you get some rest, as long as your cough is not productive of thick discolored sputum. If none of the OTC remedies are helping, you could check what your health care professional recommends for you.

I cannot say enough good things about this supplement: EPICOR! I have taken it for 2 years now and have not been sick at all with any respiratory or gastrointestinal infections. You can google it and find a number of places selling it and it's not that expensive...."an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is so so true. It is an additive in some pet foods that was discovered by the pet food plant workers handling the food - they weren't getting sick! We take better care of our pets than ourselves sometimes!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Life is good. I think I am finally over this nasty stuff! Still have a slight lingering cough, but nothing like it was. YEAH!

Hurray! Doesn't it feel fantastic once you know that you're almost rid of it! Such a relief.

I'm glad to know you're feeling much better now. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, majorb! It sure does feel great. I tell you, it makes you really appreciate your health after being sick, when you feel better!

Hope everyone else is all done with this "yuck"!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |