Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Orovo and Anoretix for skin and weight loss.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading about these two pills. Apparently good for rapid weight loss and also supposed to work really well on acne and wrinkles too! Has anyone here used either of these or heard good reports?
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Or bad reports? Anyone?? Question
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of these but rapid weight loss from pills is never a good idea.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Orovo and Anoretix reviews from (what I consider) a trustworthy site:

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/orovo-fat-burner-review.html

http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/anoretix-review.html

Hope that helps!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Juliemarie,

Just a newbie here - but I'm going to take a risk and jump in to suggest caution when considering "diet pills"... Please take my post with a grain of salt - and please know that I mean no disrespect or offense.

That said:

Nearly all OTC diet pills are *not* regulated by the FDA (or the international equivalents) and, therefore, are not subject to the stringent testing and quality control standardization that prescription drugs undergo.

At best, an unregulated OTC diet pill won't do you any good and will just waste your money.

At worst, it could seriously harm your health. (i.e. ephedra can cause heart arrhythmias, stroke, etc...)

The question you have to ask yourself is if it's worth it for what might be just a quick fix? (And, if there are no accompanying lifestyle changes - any short term weight loss will probably come right back as soon as you stop taking the pills...)

Even when a diet drug *is* supposedly thoroughly tested and FDA approved - it still can cause permanent, life threatening complications. (Remember fen-phen??)

IMHO, it's just not worth the long term risks for what could be very short term gains. (And, honestly, I think if there were a diet pill that *really* lived up to all the hype, we'd be seeing it splashed all over the news as a miracle breakthrough...)

Anyway, just my two cents... (Worth about 1 cent in today's economy...) Smile
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! Very Happy
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I did try Orovo and had no results. Nada. No weight loss, no skin improvement, no differences. More or less like a regualar ole vitamin. Save your money. When it sounds too good to be true, it is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
gonatural wrote:
I did try Orovo and had no results. Nada. No weight loss, no skin improvement, no differences. More or less like a regualar ole vitamin. Save your money. When it sounds too good to be true, it is.

The guy at Ultimatefatburner.com reviewed it and basically said that while the ingredients look ok, the product is WAY overhyped, and it's unlikely (read: darned near impossible) that it actually has enough of them to do much good.

The review for Anoretix was similar, and in that one he broke it down into greater detail. It's a good site to go to for a reality check if you're getting really anxious to buy something that seems too good to be true. The reviews aren't always negative, but they are always honest and realistic (or so they seem to me).
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I just thought of a "weight loss" pill that has been proven! Smile

It's calcium!

Dietary calcium has been shown in clinical studies to aid in weight loss and in fat burning. It's better to get your calcium from low-fat high calcium foods (i.e. skim milk, low fat yogurt, etc.) But, if you don't like those or are lactose intolerant - calcium supplements will help too.

In any case - it's a "diet pill" that's not really a diet pill - but, given that most women need more calcium anyway - it can't hurt!

From Web.md:

"Those given calcium supplements had good results, when combined with the restricted-calorie diet. Mice getting their calcium via supplements had a 42% decrease in body fat, whereas mice eating without supplements had an 8% body fat loss. However, calcium from dairy products produced the best results. Mice on the "medium-dairy" diet had a 60% decrease in body fat, while those on the "high-dairy" diet lost 69% body fat. Researchers also found very small increases in thermogenesis -- the body's core temperature -- which then enhances the effects of calcium gained through diet rather than calcium in supplement form, says Zemel. Calcium is no magic bullet. What the study says is that ... higher-calcium diets favor burning rather than storing fat. Calcium changes the efficiency of weight loss," Zemel tells WebMD."

Those must be some svelte mice! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |