Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Talika Light 590 Collagen Booster LED
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
It's another LED device! Smile Am I reading it correctly that total treatment time per area is 45 seconds? hmm The link has before/after pictures. Also, it says it can be recharged by plugging it into a regular outlet or a USB.

----

Talika Light 590® Collagen Booster

EXPLANATION
The TALIKA laboratories, experts in specific treatments, have been working for several years in partnership with the Paris-Pitié Salpêtrière Hospitals to identify the frequency (590 nm) that stimulates the fibroblasts which produce your skin’s collagen.

The fruit of this research was Light 590® Collagen Booster, a brand new device which administers cell repair photoenergy treatment. Light 590® is a pure energy source for all skin types.

HOW DOES IT WORK ?
Light 590® Collagen Booster emits a wave in pulsed form which acts specifically on the fibroblasts, triggering a bioenergy process that reactivates collagen and elastin production.

AT THE HEART OF YOUR SKIN CELLS
Light 590® repairs the skin, giving it a smooth, toned appearance and reinforces and regenerates it from the inside. Wrinkles and lines gradually disappear and your skin is restored suppleness, elasticity and glow.

RESULTS
From the first month: Wrinkles are spectacularly smoothed out. Volume, suppleness and glow are restored to your skin. The epidermis is toned.
Reduction of crow’s feet: - 25%*
Reduction in length of frown lines: - 32%*
Reduction in wrinkle depth: - 32%*
Improvement in skin tonicity: + 33%*
* Clinical study conducted by Gredeco on 30 volunteers in 2007.

AN EXCEPTIONAL PATENTED TECHNOLOGY
- RAPID: 45 seconds of use per area per day.
- EASY: just position 3 to 5 cm from the area to be treated for 45 seconds.
- EFFECTIVE: daily treatment with spectacular results from the first month.
+ 33% skin tonicity
- 32 % wrinkle volume and depth
- STYLISH & PRACTICAL : light, discreet and easy to recharge by plugging in the regular socket or a USB.
- SAFE: no heat, burning, redness or side effects, even with your eyes open (important warning and restriction: persons affected with epilepsy should avoid using this product).

HOW TO USE
Slide the shutter open to reveal LEDs. Position the Light 590® Collagen Booster 3 to 5 cm from the area to be treated (face, neck or hands). Turn the Light 590® Collagen Booster on by pressing lightly on blue button for 2 to 3 seconds.

The device switches off automatically after 45 seconds. Your treatment is finished for the day. Repeat the process on another area.

Use before applying your day cream, daily, for a 2-month period. Can be used safely around the eye area. No damage to eyes or retina.

WARNING: This product emits pulses of light that may be uncomfortable to certain people. We strongly recommend that people affected with epilepsy avoid using this product.

http://www.talika.com/product-590-en.html
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
havana - I can not open the link, and when I copy and paste the link in the browser it still does not open on the right page. So I googled it, and it is sold on other web sites such as http://www.metropolitaincosmetics.co.za/site/shopexd.asp?id=2176

45 second per spot recommended application is correct, so it seems to be a powerful light. It has amber LEDs. What is interesting that they recommend daily treatments, so I assume that they have different treatment schedule philosophy from what we have seen from other vendors.
havana8

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for confirming that mpstat! I wonder where we can find more info on their treatment schedule?

Interesting how it's being used in the You Tube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anbHqx_sZ0I

That's so strange about the link as the link works for me with a straight click as well as a cut & paste. hmm
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is strange about the link....
I do not see pricing, what is the price? On the web site I provided it has different currency then US$.
havana8

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I was just editing my comment above when you posted. Laughing It's $350 CAD on the Talika site.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Video looks cool, and the price seems to be competitive.
havana8

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
On the nobilis presentation below, they say there is no heat or burning. The "no heat" bit is surprising. Shock

http://www.nobilis-group.com/flash/light590.html
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I would think that no heat assumes applying it for those 45 seconds. ProLight Amber also gets hot only after applying it for loner durations, e.g. face, neck etc. So I think that if Talika applied for longer time durations it would get warm.

Also, how far away it is from the skin matters.
havana8

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
That makes sense especially at 3-5cm from the skin. I wonder how many passes you would need to make to cover the whole face? 8? 8 x 45 = 6 minutes. Wow, that would be totally amazing if you could achieve results in such little time.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
On the video they have pulsating light and away from skin. With this approach there supposedly loss of energy, but can cover larger areas per treatment spot. Anyway I posed the video and would estimate 11-13 spots for GOOD face coverage with forehead:
3 for each cheek ==> 6
1-2 nose ==> 1-2
1-2 chin & above lips ==> 1-2
3 forehead ==> 3

This comes to about 8.25 - 9.75 minutes. Which is pretty good.
havana8

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
That really is no time at all. Definitely an further incentive to use it.

The website says there is a 1 year warranty and shipping is only $6 CAD which is also very competitive.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. I would be interested to know why they ask to use it daily. Rita suggested to use her LEDs weekly with possible more frequent initial applications. Not daily usage was recommended so that skin has a chance to do its building processes...

Does Talika need to be used more frequently in the beginning only, and then less frequently? It would be good to see more info on that. And it does look attractive.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
The Lightstim instructions say to use their device every day.

What I don't understand is that there are not many LEDs incorporated into the Talika device and it seems strange to hold it away from the skin. The Lightstim treatment is done with the device touching the skin.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Usually panel type devices are being hold away from the skin, just because of the panel design. Talika reminds me of GentleWaves. I do not see why Talika could not be used close to skin. In this case there will be less of energy loss, but treatment area would be smaller. So from treatment time there will not be much difference, but treatments themselves might be more effective.

As usual I would like to know what is the energy output per cm2 per second. I assume that the device delivers about of 4 Joules/cm2 in 45 seconds, since 45 seconds specified as treatment time per area. If this is true then it should deliver this amount of energy in about 30 seconds when close to skin. I have not seen energy numbers spelled out though, just assume it since usually companies recommend treatment with those numbers in mind.

About the treatment frequency it is still unclear.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
They are saying the light frequency is 590 nm
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Now this is interesting ! EDS carries Talika products...yah. I dont see the light in the current page. But love that heated eyelash curler. I am glad that we are now seeing more companies giving us a variety and hopefully lower prices.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
what will happen if the Talika light is demaged or not working properly? Is there any manufactory warranty?
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
My friend bought one at 200 pound from Talika.co.uk. It is not working anymore after one month for no reason. She contacted with Talika more than five times following the return instruction of the original receipt of the goods. She has not received any response for two weeks. I saw the receipt which says any return will be charged at an "opening box" fee of 25% of the orginal price. And unless the faulty of the goods, Talika will also charge a restocking fee. I feel it is rediculous. I also tried it before it has problem. It was really flashing. I don't think it is better than baby quasar!
mel7933
5% products discount

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Talika asking what is the output per square centimeter per second (number of joules per cm2 per second)for the Talika Light Collagen Booster.

The answer I received by Talika:

"Thank you for your interest in our Talika products, however, we are not able to share with you the information you need below. This is to protect our brand and the technology we have behind the product."

I kind of get suspicious when the manufacturers don't want to provide technical specifications - I know now which LED device I definitely will not purchase...
lawong

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 am      Reply with quote
i bought duo light and used for a month. I took before and after pictures, the whitening effect seems to work but I don't see any effect for collagen boosting. I even bought the cream booster but it stopped working after 2 weeks. Talika replaced it with a new one and it was not as sensitive as the 1st one i bought.

I returned the item after a month and talika customer service is very nice and they refunded the item for me without question!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |