Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rant about nasty people
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I went to the fruit shop today to buy a lemon - one lemon. So I'm standing in line at the checkout and the women in front of me had enough fruit and veg to survive a nuclear holocaust. So I very politely said "Excuse me, I only have a lemon, would you mind if I snuck in before you?". "Yes", she said, "I would mind!" Embarassed The woman on the register's draw just dropped and she said "Don't worry love, I'll get someone else to look after you". So she left the woman with all the stuff waiting at the checkout whilst she got somebody else to serve me. I know I'm showing my age, but honestly, how hard is it to just be nice?
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:12 am      Reply with quote
That's ridiculous. I don't know how some people can be so selfish, I just suppose they're terribly unhappy people for whatever reason. I tried to do something nice and unsolicited for people every day because it makes me feel better about myself, lol. So even if it's for selfish reasons, I'm doing it. Laughing Can you imagine how bad she must feel about herself if she can't do a simply nice thing for someone else?

On the other end, I had a very odd man standing right on my heels in line, and when I turned to face him he took a half step back, but when I turned back around he was breathing down my neck again. So I turned around and asked "Can I help you?" and he asked if he could go ahead of me because he only had a 'few' things. Well he had maybe 10 or 12 items but I said "PLEASE, go ahead."

The cashier told me that every time he is there he asks people to go ahead, and he sometimes has several items, but when he's behind someone he just annoys them so much they let him go. Laughing STRANGE!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Ug, yes, I sympathise, Keliu. What is so horrible, I think, is that you know how unhappy those people must be, to be so grumpy over nothing, in their daily lives.
Would that happiness was in spray dispenser that we could waft about in our wakes!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I always offer and I have sometimes bought the one item if I am checking out with a large basket.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Well, it would have been nice of her to let you go first. However, she didn't *have* to be nice. Maybe she just honestly answered your question, that yes she would mind if you went in front of her. Maybe she was really in a hurry to go somewhere or she was in pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Well, it would have been nice of her to let you go first. However, she didn't *have* to be nice. Maybe she just honestly answered your question, that yes she would mind if you went in front of her. Maybe she was really in a hurry to go somewhere or she was in pain.

More likely she just IS a pain. This behaviour is inexusable. I don't think a lemon would have held her up that much considering how much she had in her cart. Keliu you should have given her the lemon to suck on.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
LOL, Marina. Soo true. I always offer to let someone go ahead of me. Lately, I've noticed the elderly seem to be so rude. I had a senior citizen who kept pushing his cart into my behind standing in line. It took everything I had to not bop him over the head with my bag of carrots.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I was just playing devil's advocate here. That image with the carrots made me laugh. (That's awful though pushing the cart into you? As if that's going to make him get to the counter faster)

BluesHeart wrote:
LOL, Marina. Soo true. I always offer to let someone go ahead of me. Lately, I've noticed the elderly seem to be so rude. I had a senior citizen who kept pushing his cart into my behind standing in line. It took everything I had to not bop him over the head with my bag of carrots.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

More likely she just IS a pain. This behaviour is inexusable. I don't think a lemon would have held her up that much considering how much she had in her cart. Keliu you should have given her the lemon to suck on.

Laughing

Throw it at her Laughing
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Bluesheart,

I know exactly what you mean.
I always offer, even if the person behind me has a few items, I just feel that if I am doing a big shopping and they can be done in a minute or two it is inconsiderate to force someone to wait.

And I just "love" it when someone pushes the cart into you and does not even bother to apologize. For old people it may be excusable - - may be the reaction is too slow, and they truly did not see in time; but not when people are just blatantly and clearly rude.

Keliu, so sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Mom is a sprightly 85 year old with one good eye. She insists on pushing the shopping cart-she leans on it and says she dosen't tire out as easily. I have to do the reconnaisance work up front to make sure the innocent won't get hurt. I also stay behing to apologize to those with bruised ankles. Mom just sails along, oblivious to everything...bargaining with the butcher in her broken English...she still thinks she's in Europe after 50 years in Canada Rolling Eyes I adore her.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I was just playing devil's advocate here. That image with the carrots made me laugh. (That's awful though pushing the cart into you? As if that's going to make him get to the counter faster)

BluesHeart wrote:

And you are right to play devil's advocate as we never know what the other person is dealing with. However, in the case of the gentleman behind me, he wanted me to be breathing down the neck of the person in front of me. LOL. And to this day, I still fantasize about beaning him with carrots. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:

She couldn't have been in that much of a hurry - it would have taken about 15 minutes for her to unload the cart and get through the checkout and the woman at the register hadn't started to put her stuff through.

I think it is the unwritten rule of shopping (if you have a loaded basket) to let the person who only has a couple of items through first - especially, if there is only one checkout open. I ALWAYS do - but then, of course, I'm perfect! Laughing
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
We sometimes assume that we know what's going on with other people....and we don't. I recall once when I had the flu and a killer migraine but had to drag myself to Wal-Mart to get some meds and groceries. I was next in line to check out, and the checker motioned to the girl behind me and said, "She only has a few items. You won't mind if I check her next." I said, "Yes, I would mind." All I could think of was getting home and climbing back in bed. They thought I was being a shrew, but at the moment I wasn't trying to win "Miss Congeniality".

Otherwise, if my day is going well, and I and notice someone with one or two items, I'll offer to let him/her go next, but I think the rule of thumb is, it's up to me to make the offer...or not.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I understand if your sick, and i dont think the register person should have done that unless you had tons, TONS more than the person behind you. But that lemon incident, you really shouldve thrown it at her - she would have deserved it. I always go out of my way for people, even when it aggravates me. Snoody, selfish people just piss me off.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I usually allow people with small amounts to step in front of me. (I'm the one who digs in her purse forever). If people poke or prod me I tend to make them wait. Waiting in a Walmart line can be like doing time in hell. If you allow someone to go ahead of you in Walmart you receive special blessings.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have a neighbor who keeps throwing grass seed on my garden. (she doesn't want plants near the edge of her lawn. Some people (many) are just plain mean. You just need to ignore them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yup,sharky that's good advice! "Just let it roll off your back like water off a duck", my dad always said!

However, how do you handle the rude & mean when you LIVE with them? DH can be such a dear, but then for any reason at all (stock market crashing, for instance!) he will become the most mean-spirited lemon-pussed shrike!! It is impossible to jolly him out of his bad moods. I just have to wait it out....

He does not see that he is moody. He thinks he is always correct. But I, of course, am: not following good advice, acting irresponsibly, being stupid, etc. PS, he accuses his mother of the same sins. "Low regard for women" is how one of his own colleagues described his behavior long B4 we even married! Of course, said colleague was "misinformed".

Short of divorce, how does one deal with a grumpy spouse? I am working on the Valium Room Freshener as we speak.

Any help most appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
However, how do you handle the rude & mean when you LIVE with them? DH can be such a dear, but then for any reason at all (stock market crashing, for instance!) he will become the most mean-spirited lemon-pussed shrike!! It is impossible to jolly him out of his bad moods. I just have to wait it out....

I know exactly what you're talking about - most of us have got one of "them" at home! As for a solution - there isn't one - except, perhaps, shopping! Just don't go near any supermarkets! Laughing
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
BWAAAHAAAAHHHAAAAA! You mean and shove a lemon in his lemon-sucking face???? HoHo you sure made me laugh Keliu! Ain't that what friendz R for??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Yup,sharky that's good advice! "Just let it roll off your back like water off a duck", my dad always said!

He does not see that he is moody. He thinks he is always correct. But I, of course, am: not following good advice, acting irresponsibly, being stupid, etc. PS, he accuses his mother of the same sins. "Low regard for women" is how one of his own colleagues described his behavior long B4 we even married! Of course, said colleague was "misinformed".

Short of divorce, how does one deal with a grumpy spouse? I am working on the Valium Room Freshener as we speak.

Any help most appreciated!

If you ever get around to selling those, please let me know! (I have a similar problem.) Laughing
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it amazing how uncivil some people can act?

My DH and I went to a movie a while ago, and the theater was almost full. There was a couple with an empty seat on either side of them, so DH politely ask the woman "Would you mind moving over?" She says, "Yes, I do mind!" So DH calmly says, "The theater is full, so you can do it on your own or I'll get the manager to help you do it." Her DH was all embarassed and just urged her to move over. All this for one frickin' seat!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lawdy! It's the End of the World and we should be a little kinder to each other I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
My DH and I went to a movie a while ago, and the theater was almost full. There was a couple with an empty seat on either side of them, so DH politely ask the woman "Would you mind moving over?" She says, "Yes, I do mind!" So DH calmly says, "The theater is full, so you can do it on your own or I'll get the manager to help you do it." Her DH was all embarassed and just urged her to move over. All this for one frickin' seat!

Unbelievable Shock
fitmama
5% products discount

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Although I've run into a few extremely rude people in my time... I try to give the benefit of the doubt behind their behavior (although that lady in the movie theatre couldn't possibly have a reasonable motive.)

I was about 15 and making a purchase. This 80+ y/o woman was behind me... and she kept pushing on me. Being 15 I wasn't quite sure what to do... but remember being quite annoyed. Thinking... GET off me lady...

Then I realized she was not conscience. I actually had to lower her to the floor... and ask the clerk to call an ambulance. Because I was a "kid" I was pushed out of the way... I ended up leaving before finding out what had happened.

When I think it would have been so easy for me to just pull away and have her crash to the ground... She was so little she would have just shattered...

The world would be a better place if people weren't so rude...

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |