Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ordering Retin A without Prescription??? What strength?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I've been asking about Retinol and am interested in starting a night time regime. I am assuming that buying an actual Retin A cream from somewhere like alldaychemist would be more effective?? What % should I be looking at? I am 38 and mostly just have fine lines under my eyes and one starting on my forehead. Nothing too major but interested in correcting what I have (if possible!!) and definitely stopping more from appearing!!
Thank you~!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use .05% once every other day and tolerate it well.

You can compare costs of ordering Retin A from these two sites as well:

inhousepharmacy.com
medsmex.com

I have ordered from both with no problems. The generic brand of Retin A is made by Johnson & Johnson. Alldaychemist is really inexpensive but charges a lot for ($25 I think) for shipping, so if you order from them it is much more economical to order multiple products instead of just one item.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I would start with the smallest %, which I think is .5% .

I also wanted to note that many of us (including myself) have had fraudulent charges on our CC after ordering from medsmex, so use a 1x use cc# if you order from there.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered from AllDayChemist before I ahve 3 tubes of Tret 0.05% for my Obagi exp is 10/2010 cost w/shipping 28.00 $25 for the shipping-cost per tube here no ins coverage for this $51. Well worht it received to US in 7 days

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered fromwww.CanadaDrugCenter.com and got 2 20 mg tubes of 0.05 Retino-A from Johnson and Johnson in India. It cost $34 including shipping. I've been using it for about a week, and am seeing some very slight improvement in the smoothness of my skin. I haven't had any redness or peeling. I think that's really cheap though, the shipping was $10.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to say that I didn't have a prescription. When I was checking out I clicked the box stating that it didn't need a script. (because they don't tell you which ones they require a script for). There was a section where you have to fill out your info including doctor's name and phone number.

Anyway when I called to check on my order they said 'Well we just received the prescription yesterday so your order is being processed today.'

They called my doctor and she wrote a script for it. HEHE! I love it!
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
You can get .25%. This is what I use on my neck area. Hope this helps.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I would start with the smallest %, which I think is .5% .

I also wanted to note that many of us (including myself) have had fraudulent charges on our CC after ordering from medsmex, so use a 1x use cc# if you order from there.

.025% is actually the weakest.

I use the Paypal Plug-In which provides one use card numbers. But it does not provide a fake email address, which you will need if you order from alldaychemist.com!

I would suggest setting up a spam bucket email address and use it just for ordering from risky addresses...I get about 50 spam emails a DAY as a result of ordering from alldaychemist. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
i suggest inhousepharmacy. i just ordered a tube and it costs 29 dollars i think. no spamming or anything but the wait was a couple weeks to the united states.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I started with the lowest strength which is .025%. I'm glad I did. Even though I was able to move up to the .05% strength after my first tube of .025% using the lowest strength first helps acclimate my skin to retin-A or Renova without alot of peeling skin. I had a much easier time when I started by starting out slow with the lowest strength. I feel it's important to start out with a lower strength just because you don't know how your skin will react. The lowest strength Retin-A is over 10 times more powerful than the highest strength retinol.

I've been buying my products from medsmex for over 5 years now with an issue. I like medsmex better because I'm buying brand name Retin-A and renova and the tubes are double the size compared to alldaychemist. medsmex sells their Retin-A in 40 gram tubes and it's brand name. alldaychemist sells theri Retin-A in 20 gram tubes and it's generic. Also shipping from medsmex is $10.00. Alldaychemist is $24.00. If you adding everything together, the price of the product, the amount you get, and the shipping, both websites come out to be similar in price. Everyone thinks alldaychemist is cheaper because each 20 gram tube is $2.00 but double that to 40 grams that's $4.00 then add $24.00 shipping thats $28.00. Medsmex sells 1 40 gram tube for about $15.00 plus $10.00 shipping. That's $25.00 total. Of course the price of the tube will depend on the strength you buy but both sites are very similar.

I use Renova mostly because it isn't as drying to my skin than Retin-A and you can only get that at medsmex. I have combination skin. If you are acne prone Renova may break you out so you would be better off with Retin-A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
The lowest strength Retin-A is over 10 times more powerful than the highest strength retinol.

Good heavens - 10 times more powerful? I've never heard it explained like that. I'm still working up to 1% retinol!!!

Now I'm worried that once I adjust to the 1% retinol, when I try lowest strength Retin-A my face will melt off like those guys at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie... Surprised
nick850914
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using retin A for 7 years, really amazing
Howunoriginal

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Always start with the lowest %, it may very well be enough for you, and if not, you can always work your way up. However potential damage from overuse or too strong % is harder to reverse.
I am just starting my regimen and was advised to first use it on my skin for two hours before washing off (this twice weekly), then after a week to move on to over-night application if the skin has tolerated the cream well. I'll still continue to use it only twice a week for some time as all the horror stories caused by overuse have made me paranoid.
mydrugpill

Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 am      Reply with quote
i suggest you to order retin a cream 0.05% improve acne vulgaris, Photoaging & Melasma. It comes in basic strength of 0.1%, 0.05%,0.025% which contains generic tretinion as ingredient with vitamin A.
les.quest

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased Tretinoin Gel .05% without doing enough research. Once I started researching, I became too concerned to try it. But I have also read, the only difference is the gel absorbs more quickly.

Some of the online experts advise generic "Tretinoin" should be as effective as the brand names. Others stress the brand name results are more reliable because manufacturers follow guidelines for quality control. The tons of information has left me frozen.

I've been trying to improve my skin for some time now. I'd love to have a deep peel and later use Retin A (or another brand name) for maintenance. My main skin concerns include a few deep expression lines, many fine lines and wrinkles, and skin that has thinned to the point the veins on my chest look like a road map. I'm not sure if anything can help that last problem.

Has anyone tried generic Tretinoin? Any thoughts on gel vs cream? Any suggestions or insights would be so appreciated. Thank You

5% products discount

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I started with .25 initially until my skin tolerated it. I used it every other day. Now i'm up to .5 and can use that everyday with minimal redness/peeling.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I buy my retin A online, and it is the original brand, not generic, also I can pay with paypal, and the customer service is great
Belle Vie
5% products discount

Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Retin-A Micro gel .1% daily in the evening for years and my skin tolerates it well. I also use Glyderm Cream 12% in the am. I purchase the Retin-A from Canada Pharmacy and the price is $120. The last time I was quoted a price from my local pharmacy it was over $600.

*Edited to say I need a prescription, however, from my experience, the product has been better for me than Obagi.
Laura72
5% products discount

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hello all, Just putting my 2 cents worth in. I have been using Retin A on/off for the last 2 years. I ordered Retin A online without prescription and I have never had a problem.
If you're curious this is reliable site where I buy it:

http://www.datemio.net/choose_nonc.php?q=retin-a

I use the first option from the website and coupon codes. Hope this helps.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |