Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Top Ten Life Extension Drugs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.esculape.com/bricabrac/toptenlifeextensiondrugs.html
An interesting article about life extension/anti-aging supplements. I personally take phosphatidylserine and have had impressive results from it as far as mental clarity and energy. Some of the others are a bit too stimulating for me, but of course, YMMV. There are certain caveats, and they are not rec for use by persons with hypertension, mania or depression, for instance.

I find most of my supplements atwww.iherb.com but googling the individual supplements can lead you to other outlets. If you do have any experience re: any of these supplements, please let me know!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, 2 of my doctors recommended that I take DHEA to help with hormone regulation, and also my weight.

They both said that I should take ONLY the 7 Keto verison of DHEA. One told me to take 25mg/day and the other told me to take 50mg/day to get my levels back to when I was 20. Unfortunately, the higher level caused my face to break out, so I stick with the 25mg/day.

I get the 7 Keto DHEA by Now Brand at iherb.com.

Phosphatidylserine is also recommended for anyone who has a blood relative with Alzheimer's...it can act as a preventative. I have some, but I guess I need to take it if I actually want it to help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany! Yes, one of my previous doctors was taking DHEA himself as a hedge against aging!

That's good to know about phosphatidylserine - I def feel more bright and alert, but not too revved up on it. I did try a couple of the other ones mentioned but they both made me way too speedy....I did lose weight tho! I just never felt hungry! I actually forgot to eat!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both for sharing your experiences with phosphatidylserine. My mother had Parkinson's and my dad had Alzheimer's, so my siblings and I should give this supplement serious consideration.

Fawnie, which supplement(s) made you forget to eat? I'd be interested in trying it myself, as I'm eating every hour and a half during the day 'cause I feel hungry. It balances out if I get to the gym every day, but that's not always possible.

This stuff fascinates me -- I'd love to hear more!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi pinky,
The ones which made me forget to eat were:
centrophenoxine and acetyl -L-carnitine. I have 2 unopened bottles of the centrophenoxine, containing 60 capsules/250 mg each. The dosage is 1 cap/day by mouth.
Perhaps I am just a wimp but it felt like "speed" to me! I could've stayed up all night & day and never eaten a thing! Great for long trips or studying, but not Real Life!!
If anyone is interested in a discounted deal, PM me please. They were $32.00 each online.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. I am just thinking about starting to take some supplements... Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I used to take centrophenoxine until several months ago, and I did not experience weight loss while taking it. It supposedly promotes higher energy, especially if taken with piracetam, which I did. But I did not experienced anything extraordinary.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
mpstat
thanks for your input! It's probably an individual response for me then. It made me lose weight and clean the house for sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
fawnie - I also think that it is an individual thing. I expected to get highly energised, but it did not happen even with synergistic piracetam.... Some reported that they did not experience results until they started taking humongous doses for a while, and then cut back on them. I never took large doses, and thought that between two of them it should do.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie,I'm interested in your bottles. I can't find the PM function here. Please let me know if you still have them. I really need to clean my house
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi angelina, right under the name, "fawnie" you will see the "pm" button next to the "profile" button. Click on "pm" and send me a message if you are interested in the "house-cleaning" supplements. My house got cleaned in a day on those things!! Plus I couldn't eat or sleep the next day either! Too strong for me.
Thanks for the post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Any Canadians there? (yeah i guess lots!!!)

Do you know if centrophenoxine is actually illegal in Canada?? I can find no info to support that theory (most etailers state that they do ship to Canada, but with the caveat that if the shipment is seized at customs, they can't be responsible) but want to check if anyone has any info to support this.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |