Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Combination skin problem: acne, wrinkles, irritation... HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lcd
5% products discount

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
So I just turned 26 and have recently noticed my skin is seriously deteriorating. I take Omega fish oils, drink lots of water, wash my face, wear quality make up that's got the best ingredients possible, don't smoke...
Meanwhile, I've suddenly had an outbreak of inflammed under-the skin sort of acne all over my chin, my eye area is wrinkly, my lines from the side of my nose down to my mouth are deepening, and my overall skin texture has become rough and bumpy. What am I doing wrong? Ive tried every product under the sun and nothing works. Right now Im using all Aveda products... next I should try what? Serums? Exfoliants? Microderm? Any suggestions would be helpful. It almost seems like I have to use a different product for each section of my face because it is such a combination of different issues.
Make up doesnt help to cover this anymore. After about 2 hours my makeup wears off and Im back to looking ugly and old and zitty. Crying or Very sad
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Tretinoin seems to be the best option when there are multiple problems like this. I'm the same way, I've got acne (and I'm 36), lines, roughness, and some bumps on my cheeks and forehead that seem to be clogged pores.

Anyway, I'm using tretinoin and I'm seeing some improvement in the smoothness although it's only been a week. Not much change in the acne/wrinkle department but I understand that takes a while.

I'm sure that some of the people who have been using it for much longer can give you better information. Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with sahmisme. You may want to check into Tretinoin. Also, a topical C serum in the morning, a quality sunscreen used every day, and, possibly an AHA/BHA product.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean lcd. I'm turning 25 and noticed that in this past 1-2 years my skin got worse too Mad

T-zone got less oily thankfully but cheeks area got really dry and bumpy Mad spots etc takes longer to heal... just generally skin seems to "bounce back" much slower Sad

I'm not on any supplements but I do try to drink water and takes lots of veggies... So I did wonder what went wrong. Later I realised it's prob due to lifestyle changes. Due to work, I cut back on exercise & sleep and as a result, skin completely showed the results Shock

Things got better once I started to exercise regularly and sleep earlier... could it be the same case for you lcd?

If not, I've heard from friends that collagen supplements help to improve their skin tone & elasticity. The Meiji Amino Collagen from Japan especially...
http://www.meiji.com.sg/subcategory.php?subcat_id=18

Am thinking about trying it myself haha :P

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
lcd wrote:
So I just turned 26 and have recently noticed my skin is seriously deteriorating. I take Omega fish oils, drink lots of water, wash my face, wear quality make up that's got the best ingredients possible, don't smoke...
Meanwhile, I've suddenly had an outbreak of inflammed under-the skin sort of acne all over my chin, my eye area is wrinkly, my lines from the side of my nose down to my mouth are deepening, and my overall skin texture has become rough and bumpy. What am I doing wrong? Ive tried every product under the sun and nothing works. Right now Im using all Aveda products... next I should try what? Serums? Exfoliants? Microderm? Any suggestions would be helpful. It almost seems like I have to use a different product for each section of my face because it is such a combination of different issues.
Make up doesnt help to cover this anymore. After about 2 hours my makeup wears off and Im back to looking ugly and old and zitty. Crying or Very sad

Just as a precaution, I would advise you to have a check up with your doctor. There may be some medical condition leading to this deterioration in your skin condition. You should probably have your thyroid function checked with blood tests. One of the ladies in this forum previously described how her skin started getting worse (rough and dry) and found out that her thyroid gland was underactive so she had to take thyroid hormone replacement.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |