Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
PSF vs Dr Haushka
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
I am considering switching to PSF after chancing upon this brand on the Forum. It was voted the most popular in one of the polls for Best Skincare. I haven't heard of this brand before but have done some research and their ingredients are all organic and they even use aloe vera as water ingredient in their products. For the price they charge, I wonder how come they can use such good ingredients in their product. I figured it was a balance cos their packaging sucks and they don't give out freebies like the other brands plus no advertising.

I have been using Dr H for almost 2 years and it is a good brand but i think my skin has become stagnant after the long use. I am considering the switch to see if I can find something better. My skin is normal/dry and sensitive. I've sampled Origins once and it gave me a massively scarring allergic reaction. Dr H improved my skin quality during the initial phase (was using Dermalogica prior). Now Dr H still serves me okay but I know I need something better.

My skin still has outbreaks from time to time and is dry in the cheek areas and eyebrows. I have lots of blemish and fine lines in the eye area.

I am actually about to buy 4 items from PSF but was apprehensive to click to confirm button because I was afraid of another "Origins" experience. I've never sampled PSF before and if I buy it and am allergic to it, then the products are totally wasted.

I just want to see if any of you have used PSF and Dr Haushka and swears by PSF. I am getting the PSF R&R Toning Mist, PSF Gentle Cleansing Castile, PSF Rejuvenating Eye Cream and PSF HA Serum. All these because there is a 20% discount that ends today!

Help me out guys... is this a low risk purchase?
Mabsy

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I think it is a low risk purchase, but then again there will always be someone who has a reaction to something that other people are fine with. The PSF products are gentle though. I had an "origins experience" as well years ago, but no problems with PSF. Mind you, I don't have sensitive skin.

I am a HUGE fan of Dr Hauschka, but some of their products more than others. I am again back to using the cleansing cream and it's making a really visible difference in terms of pores. I don't see myself giving this up. I also love the light rose day cream and the rejuvenating mask.

PSF also has some very nice products, the R&R mist is great, their cleansing cream (and the foaming cleanser) are both very good (and gentle) and their rejuvenating eye cream is *fabulous*. I also like their C serum and their HA serum. I have been absent from the skincare "scene" for ages so I am not familiar with their newer product offerings as yet but will hopefully get around to ordering some samples soon. One thing I can definitely say is that PSF has a really nice line-up of natural products.

Let us know what you decide!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
hi
Thanks for responding. I posted this so long ago yet no one responded but i did go ahead and buy the PSF products from EDS based on gut feel and what I saw in the ingredient list.
I ordered those items mentioned and I think all of them had great reviews on the forum. Your feedback also reinforced my view on the brand.
I really hope it works for me. So far I have not encountered a toner that did anything for me... so i hope this R & R mist can change my opinion on toners.
I wonder why Origins has such bad effects on people. Yet I still see the brand everywhere.
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Having used both Dr. H and PSF, I would prefer PSF. For me, I have an allergy to nettle, and have found that many "holistic"/"natural" brands use this ingredient. I also found Dr. H not strong enough to combat my combination skin. I think it is a good product for normal and dry skin types, but not so much for combination or oily.

I am using the balancing oil from PSF and really like it. The toner is grea as well. I have ordered the BHA 2% and will get to copper peptide. I am at a stage where my skin is just starting to show some signs of aging. It's hard to know what products to use. I don't want to overkill the issue and use really strong ingredients.

I don't think you can go wrong with PSF. While they use very little in the way of parabens and glycols, I wish they would get rid of them entirely.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I think those products you mentioned are a low risk purchase. I have some of them, but I think all of those products are pretty good and have gotten good reviews here.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use a variety of products from different ranges as I'm not one of those who believe you have to use the whole system for a product to work. My perennial favourite from Dr H is the cleansing cream although when my current one is finished I will try the Jurlique version to compare. I also have and am currently using the PSF bio-copper serum (replaced my Neova one) and I love it so far - applies easily and is soothing and the package is very hygenic. I believe in trying different things and keeping the ones which work for you, even if from different ranges. Good luck trying them out.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
thanks darkwingduck.
but i also understand that if you continue using a brand/range of products for too long, your skin gets accustomed to it and it doesn't work anymore. you think that's true?

anyway i got my items and am pleased to announce that the R & R toner is really quite miraculous or i something else did the trick. but that was the only thing that i used new except the castile cleanser which i tried once so far. i had a pimple that was coming out and the toner or something else, seemed to do the trick in easing the pimple off. now the pimple is back down and is not even obvious!

i also have another pimple that i had squeezed out and it looks like its healing quite well too. let's see how it works after a while more. the cleanser was ok, couldn't tell much diff so far. i also just found out i can't use it on my eye area.
chinee
5% products discount

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Although the discount ended, I have some opinions to share. The two lines, in fact, are very different! I urge you to read ingredients lists of the products you want to try.

Most PSF products contain "famous", "newly developed", and "proved to be effective by modern dermatography" ingredients, such as retinal, vitamin c, peptides, along with plant extracts. Moreover, PSF continue to develope and provide new products including the newest and most popular ingredients.
This is a very attractive proint!

However, it is therefore better to understand the main active ingredients to know how the product works and pay more attention to some ingredients that may be irritating at beginning, at high concentration, or for sensitive skin types.

In contrast, the DH, opposing to "feed skin with such nutritional ingredients that interfere with skin's normal operation", mainly employs traditional ingredients (mostly are plant extracts) to stablize / "enegize" skin.

They both use some organic ingredients, and they avoid certain but "different" artificial ingredients in formulations.

I don't prefer any of them, and I have my own favorate products for both of them. I share my opinion just to tell that they - are - really - very - different, in some aspect!
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:54 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your input chinee.

care to share which products from each line you use? and how effective they are?

i understand they have differences but one thing i think they share is... they use ingredients that are natural compared to chemical line of brands like Khiel. I for one, love to use natural ingredients as I know for a fact, that they have better value and are well, natural.

I know what you mean about 'active' ingredients for PSF. They do quite a bit of R & D in their products. I am okay with that as long as they work. Haha. So far I've used HA serum, R & R toner and like both of them. The cleanser was so-so. The HA serum seems to work for some and might not work others. It seems to improve the moisture absorption of my DH moisturiser. I know because I used to feel oily after using the DH moisturiser but today after applying the HA serum from PSF, the moisturiser seems to absorb quite fast. My face wasn't as oily as it usually is after using DH moisturiser.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm the perfect person you should ask!
I was using a lot of different mixed skincare products before.
After joining this forum, i found PSF.
Then, i decided to going do the 'full range' of this brand. I'd never looked back
Many of them said it was low risk and no harming trying since it's safe and not expensive.
Ever since, I've been using their products...

Papaya Cleansing Gel
Clarifying Toner
Acne Treatment Mud
(Even though i felt Mario Badescu Drying Lotion was a better spot treatment)
Papaya Enzyme Peel
Moisture Balancing Lotion

Anyway, i have oily acne prone skin...
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
MTRLB wrote:
I'm the perfect person you should ask!
I was using a lot of different mixed skincare products before.
After joining this forum, i found PSF.
Then, i decided to going do the 'full range' of this brand. I'd never looked back
Many of them said it was low risk and no harming trying since it's safe and not expensive.
Ever since, I've been using their products...

Papaya Cleansing Gel
Clarifying Toner
Acne Treatment Mud
(Even though i felt Mario Badescu Drying Lotion was a better spot treatment)
Papaya Enzyme Peel
Moisture Balancing Lotion

Anyway, i have oily acne prone skin...

hi MTRLB
wow, thanks for contributing and i have to admit... i, too, found PSF here on EDS and i am so tempted to buy their whole line because it's cost efficient and seems to be a really good product brand to use.

how do you find the papaya enzyme peel? what is it for? also, is their moisture balancing lotion oily or more water-based? is it good?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |