Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Experience with Origins
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I just want to warn everyone about using Origins product especially if you have sensitive skin. I tried it once and it gave me a very bad scarring experience. I think the main culprit was one of their Dr Weil Moisturiser. The moisturiser contained some ingredients that I was allergic to and it gave me a massive rash on my face, neck and arms, after 1 night of use.

What's worse is, I heal slow especially with bites, cuts, grazes and rash. And did I mention all this happened while I was on holiday in the US? Thank God with lots of vitamin E, I was able to fully recover after about 1 month or more.

Just beware of Origins and always test the products on your skin and leave it on for a day before purchase. I was very sure it was Origins because I did a test on my wrist AFTER my experience just to be sure. I wanted to love Origins but I guess the product just doesn't suit me.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the warning...

The more I learn - the more I think I'm going to stay away from department store brands. At best, they don't do nearly as much as they promise - and at worst, they waste your money and cause bad reactions.

Good luck finding a better skincare line!
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say all dept store brands are bad. I'd just say to be careful, look at the ingredients and then do a test on your skin (inside portion of your wrist) to see if you get bad reactions.

My analogy is, if you see that a certain brand gives out a lot of freebies to make you buy, and had lotsa advertising and endorsements, then think about how much they've invested on the ingredients that make up the products you buy. I learned that when I was doing the MLM business in Nuskin. If a brand can spend so much on their advertising budget, then how much more do they have left for their products?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I was never a fan of Origins. They appear to be 'natural' but the skin care if full of irritants (atleast for me).
They just use too many potentially irritating ingredients like essential oils.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I used origins when I was in my 20's. It seemed to help my volatile acne...In time as my skin got drier it gave the appearance that it was moisturizing but it wasn't. Once I washed my face...my skin was as dry as ever. I stopped using it thinking it wasn't really helping my skin.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I was never a fan of Origins. They appear to be 'natural' but the skin care if full of irritants (atleast for me).
They just use too many potentially irritating ingredients like essential oils.

Hi GirlieGirl,
Are essential oils irritating? I heard about it but then I also know that Dr H along with Aesop and probably Jurlique also include Essential oils in their ingredients, some of which are naturally in there due to the various extracts that are used. Having said that, am I wrong with this deduction or are there good and bad essential oils?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:15 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the warning.........origins is one brand i have never tried but at the back of my mind always thought i should give it a try some day.......at least now if i ever do go for it il think twice and with caution!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning. That's the problem of skin care - you have to try it to find out whether it is for you... Confused
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
yeah agree with you. always sample it first. but a lot of us get so psyched about a certain brand/product that we end up taking the risk. i am making that same mistake right now since i purchased an entire set of 4 PSF products from EDS and i've never even seen the actual thing in my life. but bought it basing on reviews and some researches
hoops2614_cn
5% products discount

Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't like the series of white tea, they are hard to be absorbed by my skin.
Ferfer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Origins White Tea Nighttime Mask is an extremely luxurious cream that when applied with the recommended method - an ancient Chinese massage therapeutic method, delivers awesome results almost immediately. Relaxes skin immensely and moisturizes it effectively. wake up to great, plump and moisturised skin that's bright and even toned. It is comfortbale and makes skin feel very supple after application. however, it is rather sticky because it is very oil-based. smells absolutely divine and is a great treat. use often to see and maintain good skin. cost is high, but results are definitely worth it.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |