Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Where'd you get your screen name from?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
A few days before I found these forums, I went to see my dad's wife's friend (got that? Laughing) at her house. She was having a little party and I spent most of the time sitting by the campfire keeping warm.

Anyway, a few people came up to me and commented on my hair. It's long - almost to the small of my back - and recently it's turned a very unusual red colour. A few people asked me how I'd got it that way. I said I didn't know as my hair often changes colour; when I was a child it was almost black (my skin was olive before I got ill) and then it went golden, back to near-black, then brown and now this strange red. A man over heard and said I looked like a fox Razz

So, where's your screen name from?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 am      Reply with quote
What a fun question - I've often wondered that too?

Mine is a Chinese transliteration of my first name that was given to me by my Chinese teacher at university. I was actually there studying the Chinese language - but I am not Chinese, I was born in Wales, educated in England and now live in Australia.

Incidentally, my name means: ke - a jade-like stone; and liu - willow tree.

Fox - I think you should be called "Chameleon" seeing as how you keep changing colour. Very Happy
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
SAHM means stay at home mom, and it ends in 'is me'

Laughing
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
My Mom always called things she couldn't remember "Doohicus". People became Mrs. Doohicus, etc. Sort of like "thingamajig".
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
How interesting! I always wonder what the names mean! I don't have an interesting story though - I just like the name "fawnie". heheh

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
One of my favorite old movies.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
mine is actually based on a favorite old hymn- there is a line "tune my heart to sing Thy praise" So I picked a name that represents what I want my life to be about.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Fun...

Because I WILL be a FIT Mama!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I live in Northern (hell as I to call it) Manitoba. Laughing
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
The name of my very first whippet girl. Pronounced Dolly but spelt Dahli. She came to live with us as a foster about 12 years ago and was a beauty... I still miss her.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Great thread!

My username comes from my childhood nickname. Not sure where my childhood nickname came about though! Think it was something to do with the fact that my initials are TB?

Razz

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
Flannery
5% products discount

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
What fun! I´ve also wondered about your names! I´ve named myself after my favorite short story writer, Flannery O´Connor- American, lived into the 1960´s- her best short story- "A Good Man is hard to Find."

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
when we were playing Scrabble years ago, my son was desperately trying to make a word out of two and thus "nanapost" was born. It became a family joke, stuffed animals, dolls, etc. were named nanapost..........and on some websites so was I!
I figured it was a name that couldn't have been chosen by anyone else..and so far it hasn't. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Some beautiful names... fox, keliu

and some hilarious ones! Laughing

Mine is sort of like a pet version of my name Louise, but when I created my account here Loulou was already taken. In fact, it might have been me in ne of my many attempts to register!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I must be procrastinating....

I've always known I would have twins (both mom and dad are twins, skips a generation so it skipped me) and long ago I decided that if I had a boy and a girl I'd name them "Ava" and "Lange," respectively.

Hence avalange!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
This IS a fun thread! My first name is Virginia and my middle name is Elizabeth, and my mom used to call me "ginnie liz" when I was a kid. (She still does sometimes.)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
IT'S REALLY FUN!!!
For me , my first name is Kay~
SO comes my screen name KAYKAYO. That means "KAY? KAY! OH~~~~"
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
it's just short for my name (kar for karen) and 126 is just a special number =)
LindseyLS1
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, My name is Lindsey and I am a bit of a gearhead. My drag car is a Trans Am with an LS1 motor in it, therefore I am LindseyLS1. I am probably one of the only girls out there that know what an LS1 engine is let alone drive a car with one in it.
lilsigngrl
5% products discount

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
lilsigngrl is a nickname I've had for about 15 years, ever since I had to "create" a nickname for my email address...

lilsigngrl = Little Sign Girl, for sign language as I am fluent in ASL and also an interpreter for the Deaf.
qqshnhaigurl

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
this is fun~~

mine's very simple.

--> cute cute shanghai girl.. I'm from Shanghai by the way..
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
my English name Justina and my family name Pan.my name is vapidness.
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
qqshnhaigurl wrote:
this is fun~~

mine's very simple.

--> cute cute shanghai girl.. I'm from Shanghai by the way..

I living in Beijing.
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Mine is a combination of 2 nicknames. My given name is Anne, but I've never been able to get away from "Annie" (my brother refuses to admit my name is really Anne). And my grandmother has always called me "Anne B", the "B" coming from my middle name, Ballew (my mom's maiden name). Thus, Annie B was born!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is the title of one of my favorite movies!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |