Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

StriVectin Power Starters Age-Fighting Trio with New Youth Serum (3 items) June Jacobs Radiant Refining Exfoliating Powder (74 g / 2.6 oz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml)
FlexAway - cheek pooches

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mander123
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using flexaway for about 1 1/2 months now and lately have noticed that the little pooches in my lower cheeks beside my mouth seem to be bigger/more noticeable. Has this happened to any one else?
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I have a very large pouch on one side of my face - near my mouth - hate it. Trying different things in hopes it will go away - may need a plastic surgeon. Sad

Anyway - im not quite sure how it happened. I have used the flexaway and the flex effect (the other similar device). However I didnt use either for very long.... maybe a few weeks and then would stop because of zero changes but would try again now and then (when I read positive reviews here).

I did have sculptura injected in that area a few years ago - not sure if thats it or not.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
mb935 - Flex Effect is not a device, it is facial exercises program. You might have mistaken it with Facial Flex which is a device.

One of the reasons for pooches to appear is that you might applied pressure with Flex Away device not to underlying muscles, but to the tissue, thus stretching it. I do FlexEffect exercise system, and it is important to apply resistance to muscles, so that muscles get trained, not the tissue stretched. To isolate muscles you need to know anatomy of the face, and then being able to "feel" muscles too.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
that sounds complicated.

did these devices come with directions saying so? (i bought them awhile ago)

Is there a way to fix this issue I (and mander) have??

thanks!!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do not know what kind of instructions FlexAway comes with. FlexEffect is not a device, and does not require any sort of device to do facial exercises.

I would suggest to try to tone actual muscles with FlexEffect. FlexEffect approaches muscles training as a complete set of exercises that involves all facial muscles. It seems that for pooches problem a set of exercises that tones ALL lower facial muscles is needed (mouth, chin, cheeks). It is an alternative to fillers, and surgery.

However if the problem is loose skin, then it could be corrected with skin tightening procedures dermarolling, cupping, etc.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I actually had considered buying flexeffect.

And I am currently using BOTH dermaroller and cupping. Smile

Ive been using both - not often with the cupping - for about 2 months. I am using a 2.0 dermaroller once a month.

Do you have any idea if its a time issue with these devices or should i try the flexeffect now?

THANKS SO MUCH - i really appreciate your help.

Sorry mander123 for taking over your post....
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I think you can try them simultaneously with FlexEffect.

Also there are trainers on FlexEffect board that can help you in answering questions. They are very helpful, and you can show them a picture of the area of concern, and ask for recommendations before you start the program as well as during the program.
mander123
5% products discount

Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
No problem mb935 Laughing !! I am actually learning a lot from the responses to your questions. I think I'm going to become a FlexEffect-er!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

June Jacobs Radiant Refining Exfoliating Powder (74 g / 2.6 oz) Aromatherapy Associates Rose Infinity Eye Cream (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml)