Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Shala

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Thanks to all of you on this link I just ordered my first shipment of Lumigan from ADC. I should get in a couple of weeks. I am so excited! I have had lash loss since my early teens which has left me virtuously lashless. I would like to hear more of your experiences with Lumigan and exactly how you use it to get the best results. Thanks and I will let you know how it works for me! I have heard that they are looking into make this a product for hair loss also, which would be great. Very Happy
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Shala wrote:
Hi, Thanks to all of you on this link I just ordered my first shipment of Lumigan from ADC. I should get in a couple of weeks. I am so excited! I have had lash loss since my early teens which has left me virtuously lashless. I would like to hear more of your experiences with Lumigan and exactly how you use it to get the best results. Thanks and I will let you know how it works for me! I have heard that they are looking into make this a product for hair loss also, which would be great. Very Happy

welcome to the forum, Shala. Smile
Lily53
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
You can purchase Latisse now, which is the same as Lumigan. Go to latisse.com and search "find a doctor". You don't need an appt. You just go in and buy it. If there is not someone in your area that sells it, then call another place and have them send it to you.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lily53 wrote:
You can purchase Latisse now, which is the same as Lumigan. Go to latisse.com and search "find a doctor". You don't need an appt. You just go in and buy it. If there is not someone in your area that sells it, then call another place and have them send it to you.

If the Latisse is $100, I'll be sticking with the $12 Lumigan Neutral
havana8

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Lily53 wrote:

If the Latisse is $100, I'll be sticking with the $12 Lumigan Neutral

From the articles I've been reading, it's apparently $120 per month! Shock
allysonb

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on ADC, and got to the part on the order form where you're supposed to fill in doctor's information...if you don't need a prescription, what do you do? What did you guys enter here?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
allysonb wrote:
I got to the part on the order form where you're supposed to fill in doctor's information...if you don't need a prescription, what do you do? What did you guys enter here?

I hate to say it, but I honestly can't remember. Do you have the option of just skipping it and going to the next page?
allysonb

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think so. Thank you for replying!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
If you buy from ADC make sure to buy several bottles because shipping is 24,twice the cost of shipping.
allysonb

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how they completed the doctor's area of the order form? I've decided to order, but won't until I know
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I dont remember how I did it....
allysonb

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Anyone else? I have read several who said they posted recently...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
allysonb wrote:
Anyone else? I have read several who said they posted recently...

allysonb,

I just went to ADC, added something to my cart and am going through the checkout process to try to remember what I did last time.

You do NOT have to fill out Dr info, if you look, it is already filled in automatically with the name of the doctor associated with their website.

As I suggested before - just scroll to the bottom of the page and hit "continue". There is nothing else you need to do.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
allysonb wrote:
Can anyone tell me how they completed the doctor's area of the order form? I've decided to order, but won't until I know

I just left it blank and submitted the order.. It went through and no questions were asked.

Just an FYI regarding Lumigan.. I've been using it since last July.. Nightly caused spindly too long lashes, with increased shedding.. Every other night for the past 4 months has shown maintenance of a lovely length, maintained thickness, and only the same normal shedding you would have without a lash enhancing product. I use Ardell Lash Conditioner most days, and it holds a curl all day..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
allysonb wrote:

I just left it blank and submitted the order.. It went through and no questions were asked.

Just an FYI regarding Lumigan.. I've been using it since last July.. Nightly caused spindly too long lashes, with increased shedding.. Every other night for the past 4 months has shown maintenance of a lovely length, maintained thickness, and only the same normal shedding you would have without a lash enhancing product. I use Ardell Lash Conditioner most days, and it holds a curl all day..

Thanks for the input, Kassy! I was wondering exactly how much I could use it without having trouble. I've been using it 2 to 3 nights a week, but I might bump it up to every other night and see if I can boost the results. I just recently hit the one month mark so I guess I still have some time before seeing full results anyway.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think it was about 6 or 7 weeks before the growth kicked in, but then it was very fast after that..

Then the lashes were just growing and shedding at an alarming rate, and I cut back to every other day with good results.. I skip an extra day here and there, when I see a growth spurt.

If you PM me an email address I'll send you a picture.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I think it was about 6 or 7 weeks before the growth kicked in, but then it was very fast after that..

Then the lashes were just growing and shedding at an alarming rate, and I cut back to every other day with good results.. I skip an extra day here and there, when I see a growth spurt.

If you PM me an email address I'll send you a picture.

You guys are killing me with PM's so here are my before and after pics.. Laughing Laughing Laughing (I don't use mascara, but use Ardell Lash Conditioner most days, which keeps my lashes healthy and moist!)

April 08 (I didn't start Lumigan till June)

January 1st 09

ETA: My bloody crows feet have come a long way in the last 10 months... Yippeeeee!

Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, you've got gorgeous eyes! I don't see any crows feet, either. Do you put Lumigan on your bottom lashes as well?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
Kassy_A, you've got gorgeous eyes! I don't see any crows feet, either. Do you put Lumigan on your bottom lashes as well?

Thanks blaze!

I very seldom give a swipe to the bottom lashes, or they will get out of hand. The tops aren't as responsive for some reason.

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, impressive results!
And Blazy is right-- you have very pretty eyes!
Shala

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you have more eyelashes on the lower lid of one of your eyes than I have entirely! I just got my Lumigan a couple of days ago and have been using it with no problems. I ordered from ADC and received it 4 days later! I hope to have beautiful eyes like yours soon!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Broke down and finally bought Lumigan at ADC today. Meds from India is still scaring me, but there are so many great reviews here.

So what's the best lash conditioner to go with Lumigan? I've heard Ardell. Will plain jojoba oil work too? Any other recommendations?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
Broke down and finally bought Lumigan at ADC today. Meds from India is still scaring me, but there are so many great reviews here.

So what's the best lash conditioner to go with Lumigan? I've heard Ardell. Will plain jojoba oil work too? Any other recommendations?

Hi Blaze,

Ardell is fine because it's inexpensive and seems to work nicely, but jojoba oil would probably be even better! I've been rotating various oils and just lately threw the Ardell back into the mix because Kassy mentioned it, and it reminded me that I already had some.

For being so inexpensive I was surprised at how much it made a difference. I guess my poor lashes were starved for attention Laughing
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my lumigan, and started using it today. I hear some do it every other day, not sure what i should do? Start off every day for a bit then go to every other day? everyone seems to like lumigan a lot. I used Revitlash the original formula for three years and got lovely lashes, hope it works the same or better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
momtwin1998 wrote:
I just got my lumigan, and started using it today. I hear some do it every other day, not sure what i should do? Start off every day for a bit then go to every other day? everyone seems to like lumigan a lot. I used Revitlash the original formula for three years and got lovely lashes, hope it works the same or better.

I'd suggest starting off every night, and once your lashes start to show good growth, go to every other night..

In my experience, continuing every night after the growth started, resulted in too long spindly lashes, that shed at an alarming rate.

Every other night is keeping mine at a nice length and denseness, with just a normal amount of shedding.. (I'm not into lashes that look fake or spindly!)

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |