Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dear all,

It's been 3 weeks since I stopped the Lumigan and wanted to report my eyelashes are a disaster and the cold-like headaches are gone.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Dear all,

It's been 3 weeks since I stopped the Lumigan and wanted to report my eyelashes are a disaster and the cold-like headaches are gone.

Miranda,

I am glad the headaches are gone and sorry about the eyelashes being a disaster, I am sure they will get better with time. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, wow. I am so sorry to hear about this. At least you have found the source of your headaches. That is not good at all though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I am using l'oreal lash growth serum. It is quite cheap and has good reviews over the net. It still early days to say if it works for me and I keep forgetting to use it Confused But i feel safe if I put in on my lashes. I don't tbink its effecst are as dramatic as with the Lumigan, but may be enough for some.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!
Back from extended Easter break where we were stranded for 4 extra days thanks to volcanic ash!

Eyelashes got even worse, especially on left eye where ALL the middle lashes were half the length of the outer lashes (which are also much shorter post lumigan).

Lashes are getting thicker again though and it certainly seems on my right eye, my natural length is now returning (6 weeks since stopping Lumigan).

Cold-like headaches and eyeball pressure are absolutely a thing of the past though which is a big relief.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, Miranda, I can't believe you went through this! What are we willing to do in the name of beauty? Confused
I am really happy to hear your health is getting better and back to normal. At least it is a relief to know that your side effects are not permanent. Phewww!
I hope your posts can help others to think about a drug twice before using it as a cosmetic...
ganesha2u

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,
It's so interesting how people react to products differently. A person may develop a side effect and another person using the same product in the exact same manner may have no adverse reaction at all. Personally, I applaud you for putting your health and well being first, as disappointed as you probably are.
I feel fortunate that I have been using generic latisse/bimatoprost for a few months with results that I would never have believed possible;and with no side effects at all. I buy it on iOffer ( an alternate online auction site )at quite an inexpensive price Very Happy
I wonder if this ingredient will find it's place in a future hair growth product. I even put a tiny bit on my eyebrows and they have filled in. Does anyone else use this on their eyebrows Question[b]

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
ganesha2u wrote:
Hi Miranda,
It's so interesting how people react to products differently. A person may develop a side effect and another person using the same product in the exact same manner may have no adverse reaction at all. Personally, I applaud you for putting your health and well being first, as disappointed as you probably are.
I feel fortunate that I have been using generic latisse/bimatoprost for a few months with results that I would never have believed possible;and with no side effects at all. I buy it on iOffer ( an alternate online auction site )at quite an inexpensive price Very Happy
I wonder if this ingredient will find it's place in a future hair growth product. I even put a tiny bit on my eyebrows and they have filled in. Does anyone else use this on their eyebrows ?

Hi ganesha2u,
If one is not experiencing any side-effects, then I think it would be just about impossible to talk someone out of using Lumigan/latisse as the results are spectacular for almost everyone!
However it's good to be aware of what may seem like unrelated symptoms can be down to bimatoprost. If you've only been using it for a few months, be aware of any changes that may occur in future. And if you're lucky enough to get none, then enjoy your super-long lashes!!

BTW the fact that they haven't used it as a hair growth product actually worries me. Would seem like a no-brainer to do so.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
If you research under "bimatoprost" there are pantent pendings about turning grays hair back to its color and other formulas all related to hair grow-color... It was an interesting reading but I am wondering about side effects. If, by using only a drop, you can get headaches and all the side effects known, I can't imagine what could it cause to cover your scalp with it...
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
oops... Zenity we posted just about the same time. That's interesting about the patents. Time will tell if they can make it safe enough.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda,

When I first discover this patent thing I thought to myself that thiscould be da bomb. An expensive one certainly considering how much is bimatopros in bulk.
But after reading all the negatives about it... Woah! They really have to find a way to make it work, otherwise I don't think anyone would dare to use that chemical in high doses.

BTW I am curious if user's of Latisse (was that one that had bimatoprost in it?) are experiencing the same side effects. Any news?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I have used it for a week and my upper eye-lid keeps jumping, so, I stopped it for a week and my eye-lid has stopped jumping.

Anyone has the same experience?

Could you further define 'jumping'? You mean like upwards twitching?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for a few months now. I dont experience any side effects though even when I stopped using for awhile. My eyelashes are longer but not thicker. But then again even using ardell lash accelerator also did not make my lashes thicker.
Really scary to hear about the side effects some of you are experiencing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Miranda,

When I first discover this patent thing I thought to myself that thiscould be da bomb. An expensive one certainly considering how much is bimatopros in bulk.
But after reading all the negatives about it... Woah! They really have to find a way to make it work, otherwise I don't think anyone would dare to use that chemical in high doses.

BTW I am curious if user's of Latisse (was that one that had bimatoprost in it?) are experiencing the same side effects. Any news?

Zenity,

From quite a bit of research (I considered it's use and decided against it based on risks) the adverse effects are identical for both Lumigan and Latisse. As a matter of fact at one point the FDA slapped Allergen on the wrist so to speak for not disclosing fully the possible side effects associated with Latisse. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dark Moon.

This is why, sometimes, being cautious about stepping into something new is worht all the anxiety-like sypmtoms...
You have no idea how many times I got excited about something (probably most of us are)

I am glad now I did not jump into Lumigan right away.

Hope everyone else is doing well and, please, no more awful side effects!!!! Sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Thanks Dark Moon.

This is why, sometimes, being cautious about stepping into something new is worht all the anxiety-like sypmtoms...
You have no idea how many times I got excited about something (probably most of us are)

I am glad now I did not jump into Lumigan right away.

Hope everyone else is doing well and, please, no more awful side effects!!!! Sad

I agree I think it's great if you are lucky with no side effects, but if you haven't ever tried it you just don't know what may show up! I was tempted and even bought 2 bottles of Lumigan and researched after ordering, my decision was not to temp fate, so they got trashed! Lesson learned research first then make informed decision. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
DM, I did the same thing,was using Rapid lash and had a bad reaction from that but had already ordered the Lumigan (2 bottles) and by the time it got here and read more about it just wasn't willing to take the chance.(in the trash). I am ordering Nutraluxe and see how it goes.

Does anyone else have this problem?After using a lash serum for 4 or 5 months it seems to stop working and have to move on to another,or is it just me?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
DM, I did the same thing,was using Rapid lash and had a bad reaction from that but had already ordered the Lumigan (2 bottles) and by the time it got here and read more about it just wasn't willing to take the chance.(in the trash). I am ordering Nutraluxe and see how it goes.

Does anyone else have this problem?After using a lash serum for 4 or 5 months it seems to stop working and have to move on to another,or is it just me?

LOL That's funny we both bought and binned 2 bottles of Lumigan!

Have you ever gone to a maintenance schedule after reaching your maximum length? I don't know if it's necessary with the non drug serums but reading doodlebug's instructions for the newer PSF serum after an initial every day usage you cut back. Maybe that's the issue/answer? Just a thought Leggy! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes,after 6 or 8 weeks I would only use it about 2 or 3 times a week and after that and a growth cycle they shredded and then nothing.Am I doing something wrong?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Yes,after 6 or 8 weeks I would only use it about 2 or 3 times a week and after that and a growth cycle they shredded and then nothing.Am I doing something wrong?

It sure doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, maybe up it another day or two? This is a mystery for sure! hmm

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Lumigan for a few days. I wonder, is there anyone whose eyelash became long or thick with lumigan and they didnt back original state?.

Do you know anything which makes eyelashes long and thick forever?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
selma1 wrote:
I am using Lumigan for a few days. I wonder, is there anyone whose eyelash became long or thick with lumigan and they didnt back original state?.

Do you know anything which makes eyelashes long and thick forever?

I am pretty sure not other than having a very costly procedure "eyelash transplants" these products only work as long as they are used. The lashes grow, rest and shed just like any hair. These products just increase the growth phase to produce longer lashes, but eventually each lash reaches the end of it's growth cycle and falls out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Well - somehow or other I have not been receiving updates for this post. In the meantime my Lumigan arrived yesterday. Today I went back to this post, to put in my sixpence worth & found all these tales of horror Confused

I ordered my Lumigan from a site ending .co.uk, obviously because I live in the UK. Interestingly, like many before me, hey yes, it came from Hong Kong & was marked for sale in India only - this sent in the collywobbles of worry.

However, I applied a minuscule amount via an artist's brush (literally 2 hairs in the brush) last night. So far, no itching nor any other disturbance. Did think perhaps some of my eyelash dye had been extracted however.

Am rather nervous about the whole thing now. You do read of these silly people who buy strange things over the Internet & ghastly things happen to them - I frequently hear myself saying how gullible & silly they must be. Yet, here I am applying stuff from a bottle labelled Lumigan, which could be neat acid for all I know or any other horrible concoction.

Now, tonight, after reading one & a half pages of postings I have missed out on, I am somewhat nervous of Lumigan. Will try & be brave at bedtime, & hope, although my eyes can be sensitive to many things, that Lumigan is not one of them.

Can someone please post a postive note to cheer me up. I was looking forward to the lush, fluttery lashes that I had in my youth Crying or Very sad

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy,

First I believe many legitimate bottles come out of India. There are many happy users who don't experience any adverse reactions and get the benefit of long lush lashes with it. I have absurdly sensitive eyes so that weighed on my decision not to go ahead with using it. My best advice is try it and watch for any issues and if you do run into anything of concern (aside from shedding) stop. If you experience shedding post here and there is plenty of advice about tweaking how often you apply. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update everyone on my attempts to reduce the side effects of the Latisse product. My only real annoyance is excess hair growth under my lower lids near the cheekbones and slightly darker undereye circles.

It seems applying a sterile eye ointment on my lash-line didn't do much to help with the hairiness. I have been putting in eye drops into my eyes a few minutes after the application of the Latisse. I will also put more eye drops in 30 minutes later. It seems to help! I am not so hairy on my cheekbones. It hasn't resolved the problem completely but the excess cheekbone hairs are not so dark and lush! HAHA!!

I am not sure why it helps but perhaps the eye drops help to wash away the excess Latisse from the lash line so it doesn't transfer to the lower lids and reduces excess cheekbone hairiness. Anyways, I hope that was helpful to someone.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |